THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+34
Ned Starks Head
Analyst
Observer
mwepesi
Interloper
kimiti
Ole Sidai
livefire
Balozi
Mkenya
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Mbaine
tempest
vince
mashaa
Sayaret matkal
Olekoima
MWAURA
Admin
Flying Crane
Kobooz
timoh
Sierra Kilo
Batian
Spartan
mekatilili
mJESHI mMOJA
jasiri
Al Bashir
one man army
SS Jamuhuri
countersniper
Risasi
areba
38 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 33 Empty kdf na kismayu

Post  countersniper Sat Feb 11 2012, 15:54

i see Colonel Oguna says no need to rush to kismayu before "liberated" areas..are pacified..

He must be READING most kenyan blogs like this one here..

or my posts here. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

classic lets wait and see scenario.

on another note the guys in Washington DC now have been awakened by the recent news from alzawaziri...on the merger ..of alshabab and aklquida...as if they were never told...OR WARNED...
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/US+ponders+rearming+Amisom+amid+terror+groups+merger/-/1056/1324554/-/8pugimz/-/index.html
On NSIS..
QUOTED..
As concerns NSIS on securing GoK Data Banks/
Networks, I suppose you meant a 'non-governmental' outfit and not a
‘’civilian'' outfit, but where in the world do purely civilian outfits
undertake such a crucial function for Governments? Isn’t the NSIS a
civilian Outfit anyway?

I was under the wrong impression..maybe because a certain Major general Gichangi who runs the outfit seems to be still in active military service... so my confusion as to whether NSIS is entirely civilian or military.

Anyway..to me the greatest threat to Kenyans security now is the civilian police forces who are hopelessly corrupt to the point of endangering national security.
a good example happened just last month..where a top alquida woman operative/financier under months of painstaking surveillance was allowed to escape under crazy circumstances after being arrested or almost arrested in Mombasa.
She was tipped as a squad came to her house..they found money bags of hard foreign currency SCATTERED all over the house after the occupant allegedly left in a hurry,escaping a combined POLICE,GSU,ANTI TERROR,AND NSIS dragnet...how is that possible?
The thinking is that a top anti terror cop boss phoned her in advance...it is easy to check on this by tracking all cell phone numbers of officers involved in this case. from top to bottom.

Last edited by countersniper on Sat Feb 11 2012, 16:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updates)
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 33 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 20:41

countersniper wrote:i see Colonel Oguna says no need to rush to kismayu before "liberated" areas..are pacified..

....... Major general Gichangi who runs the outfit seems to be still in active military service... whether NSIS is entirely civilian or military.

I know you jest, bra, about Col. Oguna and Kenyan Blogs!!

Maj.Gen Gichangi has not served in the KDF. He wears that Military title because the Head of NSIS has membership on National Security and Intelligence multi-sectoral foras where ranking has command-value. NSIS is purely a Civilian Intelligence Outfit - like the CIA or the MI6

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 21:05

http://www.reuters.com/video/2011/12/14/kenyan-troops-secure-militia-stronghold?videoId=226818267

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 33 Empty major general gichangi

Post  countersniper Sat Feb 11 2012, 21:31

ole Nkarei wrote:
countersniper wrote:i see Colonel Oguna says no need to rush to kismayu before "liberated" areas..are pacified..

....... Major general Gichangi who runs the outfit seems to be still in active military service... whether NSIS is entirely civilian or military.

I know you jest, bra, about Col. Oguna and Kenyan Blogs!!

Maj.Gen Gichangi has not served in the KDF. He wears that Military title because the Head of NSIS has membership on National Security and Intelligence multi-sectoral foras where ranking has command-value. NSIS is purely a Civilian Intelligence Outfit - like the CIA or the MI6

i think you are wrong. as far i knew major general previously started his career in the KAF ie Kenya air force and later military intelligence so in that sense he has served in the kdf.i stand to be corrected
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 21:42

countersniper wrote:..... previously started his career in the KAF ie Kenya air force and later military intelligence so in that sense he has served in the kdf.i stand to be corrected

Lemme cross-check that. As you were.. Embarassed

Egg on my face, dammit!! You are dead right Countersniper. Here is an extract in general circulation ....

''Maj. Gen Gichangi was born in 1958. He was commissioned into the Armed Forces in 1975. During his service in the military, he served with distinction in various units, both in operations and training rising to the rank of Brigadier. He was appointed Director National Counter-Terrorism Center (NCTC) in 2003 where his input and contributions made a difference in the fight against terrorism both locally and regionally. Due to his dedication to duty, he was promoted to the rank of Major General in 2006. He is currently the Director-General, National Security Intelligence Service.''

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sat Feb 11 2012, 21:59

ole Nkarei wrote:
countersniper wrote:..... previously started his career in the KAF ie Kenya air force and later military intelligence so in that sense he has served in the kdf.i stand to be corrected

Lemme cross-check that. As you were.. Embarassed

Egg on my face, dammit!! You are dead right Countersniper. Here is an extract in general circulation ....

''Maj. Gen Gichangi was born in 1958. He was commissioned into the Armed Forces in 1975. During his service in the military, he served with distinction in various units, both in operations and training rising to the rank of Brigadier. He was appointed Director National Counter-Terrorism Center (NCTC) in 2003 where his input and contributions made a difference in the fight against terrorism both locally and regionally. Due to his dedication to duty, he was promoted to the rank of Major General in 2006. He is currently the Director-General, National Security Intelligence Service.''

no worries sir...at times we all make mistakes.so no harm done
now back to work
have you read the good feel report from SIN stating why and how KDF has beaten the alshabab? i think a agree with that David GOODMAN for once.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Sat Feb 11 2012, 22:08

have you read the good feel report from SIN stating why and how KDF has beaten the alshabab? i think a agree with that David GOODMAN for once.[/quote]

Vitruvian should read that....OleNkarei distantly agrees...and i vouch for Goldman as always!!

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 22:52

ole Nkarei wrote:Maj.Gen Gichangi has not served in the KDF. He wears that Military title because the Head of NSIS has membership on National Security and Intelligence multi-sectoral foras where ranking has command-value. NSIS is purely a Civilian Intelligence Outfit - like the CIA or the MI6

@ole Nkarei
And just to rub it in... Very Happy ...Look what i found on the interwebs:-
Kenya Defence Force - Page 33 Pic-210
See if you can spot the character in question.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 23:07

fusebox wrote:
@ole Nkarei

You give no quarter, Fusebox, eh? I run up white flag a while ago, mate!!
Spotted him alright - standing last, back right. Can make several of those swaggering cowboys too!! But damn, those were heady days for these chaps, by gawd!!

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sat Feb 11 2012, 23:11

fusebox wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:Maj.Gen Gichangi has not served in the KDF. He wears that Military title because the Head of NSIS has membership on National Security and Intelligence multi-sectoral foras where ranking has command-value. NSIS is purely a Civilian Intelligence Outfit - like the CIA or the MI6

@ole Nkarei
MAJOR GENERAL gichangi is the chap standing top right side with a moustachioed face and one arm akimbo....these are the first creme la creme pilots and ground crew of THE MIGHTY F 5 which arrived in Kenya in 1977/78
the third man from right i think is the current Kenya chief of general staff general karangi who started as an air navigation officer..
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 23:21

@Mwana wa Nkarei & @Countersniper
Yup! These chaps were part of a deterent that made regional invaders reconsider!
Look at that beautiful bird behind them..... Top of the range U.S. ally export technology for the time. Wink
That was then, this is now....damn it wats the story on the modern KAF birds??

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11 2012, 23:38

fusebox wrote:

Look at that beautiful bird behind them..... Top of the range US ally technology for the time. Wink
That was then, this is now....damn it wats the story on the modern KAF birds??

Didn't you see Col. Oguna practically jumping up on his seat during this week's briefing, speaking about AS becoming AQ? Previously AS was a territorial grouping in Somalia, but also facilitating money laundering and passage for / of AS to-and-from Yemen-Afghanistan. With this announcement, AS concedes the territorial war to KDF/TFG?AMISOM, and re-invents into a purely terrorist organisation without boundaries. And because this AQ is a glamourised insurgency, (senseless mass slaughter in God's Name) Jihadist will surely flock in, very much like they have done in Mauritania, Mali and now Nigeria. If there were legal bottlenecks to the equipment transfers, no more - the announcement by Zawahiri is the trigger that was prayed for and feared at the same time. Somalia not our fight any longer. And the Theatre of conflict has suddenly exploded to include all of Kenyana!! Patience.

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Sat Feb 11 2012, 23:53

My theory on Kismayo: strangle the neck or pound the head. strangling is less messy, and since you can do it cheaper on the inland routes than in the open waters, hang in there while assessing if the chicken is dead, once it is, walk in majestically, cameras rolling, f-15s flying over and local civilian jubilation at freedom at last.... In other words, me thinks its a land based siege.
areba
areba

http://www.kenyanpatriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Sat Feb 11 2012, 23:54

I also strongly think capture of kismayo is being delayed to watch over developments in the greater somalia realm with possible implications on project azania.... no one should be a fool to imagine the project is dead in the water, far from it i dare postulate.
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 33 Empty Battle for Kismayu

Post  Analyst Sun Feb 12 2012, 00:20

The battle for the capture of Kismayu has been delayed for good reasons.

To our chagrin, lets read with disdain what Mr Goldman says about it...

........In Kismayu, Al-Shabaab intelligence officers have been advising
commanders on how to use man-portable anti-tank and the ZUE 23
Anti-Aircraft system to stymie KDF storm. This is a deadly strategy,
which can inflict heavy causalities on KDF. Intelligence reports show
Al-Shabaab was able to obtain crucial intelligence on types of tanks,
armored vehicles, and weapons KDF will use in urban warfare. Such
intelligence will help fighters acquire required anti-tank weaponry,
anti-aircraft, and effective guerilla strategy to defeat KDF.
.............http://intelligencebriefs.com/?p=1667

In my humble opinion SIN has a strategy we can use altogether..

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 00:29

@Analyst. Why speak in third person?

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Sun Feb 12 2012, 10:45

fusebox wrote:@Analyst. Why speak in third person?

Fusebox.....

My kneecap healed, but i havent recovered from the exorcism you performed....am still weak!

Don't you think that battle strategy can hold?

Cheers!

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sun Feb 12 2012, 11:51

areba wrote:I also strongly think capture of kismayo is being delayed to watch over developments in the greater somalia .....

The most convenient time to capture Kismayo is before KDF is rehatted to AMISOM, when the mandate of AMISOM does not yet restrict the rules of engagement. Secondly, if it's true KDF has about 4700 troops in OLN, I might be wrong but I think those numbers aren't enough to secure liberated areas as well as take on Kismayo.

Nevertheless, KDF will have to enter Kismayo however long that may take because Sector 2 is officially under KDF and, you guessed right, its HQ is supposed to be in Kismayo. Check related story here;

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/UN+unveils+new+look+Amisom+as+Kenya+joins+up/-/2558/1324660/-/gtn01k/-/index.html

@ ole Nkarei, I don't understand the South Sudanese. They signed an agreement for a pipeline to Lamu, at the same time as they were also signing for one to Djibouti. I know they are desperate coz 98% of their revenues are from oil, but do they have enough dime to build two pipeline projects concurrently?
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Feb 12 2012, 12:16

Hey guys been offline for days decided to check-in here.

Okay kind gonna start of topic here. We all know about vision 2030 i like the idea but its just to far-fetched. we should have short term goals that would go a long way to make vision 2030 a real goal.

First we need a standard of housing of every kenyan citizen we live in the 21 first century and yet Kenyan's still wallow in filth in slums and villages all around kenya. We need to work on this first before any thing else our government should be offering pre-fabricated houses made from recycled materials that would upgrade life for all kenyans in urban areas and in rural. The houses could be made from shipping containers or regular housing construction models. This should have been the first goals for the vision.

Second would be the essentials for every kenya which are running water, waste management/treatment, heating/cooling, cheap food etc by providing these short commodities many will beginning to realize that the vision is closer than ever.

Third Is that every child in kenya should receive free education until the day they graduate high school then they can begin to pay for college. We need an education system that will teach and impower the knowledge of our youth so kenya can create some of africa's geniuses. the current educating system in kenya is limiting and it is actually damaging some of our youth prime example is the coast area school fees and the lack of learning centers have turned them into criminal gangs that are being empowered by powerful bosses who tell them to spread the secession movement. if these youths just had a better educating the MRC would never exist. And also become a IT hub And Healthcare hub in all of Africa we should be adopting Japanese educating system on both IT and Healthcare.

Fourth would electrification of every home in Kenya using a smart grid system. that would monitor electrical flow from all hydroelectric dams to geothermal wells to the sub stations that would allocate the amount of energy a certain sector in Kenya needs and investments in all types of energy. And industries should be more developed so that goods are made in kenya and actually shipped everywhere in the world we shouldnt be buy glassware from china if we could be making it in our own backyards they should be buying our finished product not us by theirs. The coast area should be a ship building hub for all of africa and the middle east that is what the arabs at the coast know best building boats so at least there should be a government subsidized company to teach coastricans to build modern day ships so if a fisherman, commercial interests and even the Kenyan navy wants boats it could all be locally made thus further boosting our economy.

Fifth is that last year KDF awoke its sleeping machinica from slumber and finally showing its strength to the world.Now this would spread to our police force to shape up so that it can handle all internal matters and that corruption be severely punished if any officer is caught receiving a bribe( i have a test in which several undercover agents dressed as civilians would drive around breaking traffic laws and would document the officers badge numbers then bribe them and then the bribed officers would be arrested and be replaced by another police officer. for 1st offenders they would be forced to pay a huge fee and serve a 30 day suspension with no pay. A 2nd strike the offender would be fined, then jailed for 14days, then would be suspended for 30 days without pay. A 3rd offense would mean a huge fine, one year of jail time and 6 months of community service, would be completely fired from ever joining the Kenya police force and any other security group in Kenya excluding of course private contractors) by having these strict rules the police force would change overnight to a respected internal security organ. Now with KDF wings open more Kenyan's would be available for military duty removing idle youths and would preach nationalistic rhetoric to achieve our developed vision.

Sixth would be infrastructure networks everywhere that would connect our country many of our roads are either non-existent or being fixed and repaired these changes need to happen quicker. And we need to have a standard gauge railroad network/ high speed rail that would connect kenya with all of Kenyana( this is more like a 2030 goal) etc.

We work on the things i listed above our vision of a developed kenya would be here by 2020 to 2022 and the rest would be accomplished as time moves on.

On other matters its great to here the KNS jasiri is on its way but i believe that ship was a waste of money. The united states has a ton of rotting fleets of frigates stocks to subs etc from the late 80's to 90's that are rotting in docks unused and will never see the day of combat or patrolling. Now because obama is president our navy admirals should be taking advantage of this and ask obama if they can purchase these rotting ships for a throw away price that the ships would serve to protect the major shipping lanes( the gulf of aden) from external aggression. we could have bought several highly advanced frigates for the cost of the jasiri.

A few weeks back i was just researching about the aquired f-15's our country got on goggle images to see if anybody has jumped the gun and posted a picture of it online and one image popped to me it was an f-16 in kenya colors and flag printed on the tail it shocked me and i wondered if kenya had also acquired some f-16's i tried to download the photo but it didnt work so i refreshed my browser to try again and bam the photo was gone ever since then i have had a futile attempt in trying to locate that photo ever since. So did Kenya really acquire also some f-16's or what?

And on operation LN i believe Kenya has it all in the bag AS has now regrouped in their major stronghold and is heavily defended just like Mogadishu was when AS was there. Making it easier for Kenyan bombardment to snuff anything that moves in that area from both land and sea. And that AS is now on its last vestiges of hope they know that there is no outside help coming they can shout and scream for alqueda but no foreign fighter would dare cross into somaila because usa with there daily aerial drone monitoring of all major roads, convoy movement in puntland and all over somaila it will be difficult for any foreign fighter to cross in Somalia and be killed from the sky by a unknown assailant.

Finally i read somewhere that when oil was struck in kenya by nock moi told them not to release any information of the discovery because he very knew what type of disaster it might bring. so with the current oil exploration going on in kenya i believe is just a complete sham because most of our older elite leaders know very well where these oil fields are located and are just waiting for the right moment. thats why after so long none of these oil searching companies have been able to find anything because time is being stretched out so that internal conflicts could be revealed and deterred. And the families who own land in the oil rich areas would benefit the most look at both the Kenyatta family, Moi family, and kibaki family and all the land they own in kenya.

Bear with me guys i had a lot of words to get out, I'm still gonna articulate some more of my thought later on after you digest the current one.
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Sun Feb 12 2012, 13:51

@ ole Nkarei, I don't understand the South Sudanese. They signed an agreement for a pipeline to Lamu, at the same time as they were also signing for one to Djibouti. I know they are desperate coz 98% of their revenues are from oil, but do they have enough dime to build two pipeline projects concurrently?

As a matter of fact some interesting observation i have made over a few weeks (going to two months now), Every day, about a dozen trucks carrying heavy duty pipe pass by headed in the general direction of Malindi. (ill take a photo and share in the coming week). they look too big to be hardware supplies (about a foot in diameter) and a truck (40 foot equivalent) is laden with about 100 pieces... Could this be a pipeline already in the works?
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Sun Feb 12 2012, 14:12

@cyclon allow me to highlight some of what you have posted that makes my insides turn....

cylon wrote:Hey guys been offline for days decided to check-in here.

Okay kind gonna start of topic here. We all know about vision 2030 i like the idea but its just to far-fetched. we should have short term goals that would go a long way to make vision 2030 a real goal.

cylon wrote:
First we need a standard of housing of every kenyan citizen ...... our government should
STOP RIGHT THERE!.....

cylon wrote:
Third Is that every child in kenya should receive free education until the day they graduate high school then they can begin to pay for college. We need an education system that will teach and impower the knowledge of our youth so kenya can create some of africa's geniuses. the current educating system in kenya is limiting and it is actually damaging some of our youth prime example is the coast area school fees and the lack of learning centers have turned them into criminal gangs that are being empowered by powerful bosses who tell them to spread the secession movement. if these youths just had a better educating the MRC would never exist. And also become a IT hub And Healthcare hub in all of Africa we should be adopting Japanese educating system on both IT and Healthcare.

Fourth would electrification of every home in Kenya using a smart grid system. that would monitor electrical flow from all hydroelectric dams to geothermal wells to the sub stations that would allocate the amount of energy a certain sector in Kenya needs and investments in all types of energy. And industries should be more developed so that goods are made in kenya and actually shipped everywhere in the world we shouldnt be buy glassware from china if we could be making it in our own backyards they should be buying our finished product not us by theirs. The coast area should be a ship building hub for all of africa and the middle east that is what the arabs at the coast know best building boats so at least there should be a government subsidized company to teach coastricans to build modern day ships so if a fisherman, commercial interests and even the Kenyan navy wants boats it could all be locally made thus further boosting our economy.

Fifth is that last year KDF awoke its sleeping machinica from slumber and finally showing its strength to the world.Now this would spread to our police force to shape up so that it can handle all internal matters and that corruption be severely punished if any officer is caught receiving a bribe( i have a test in which several undercover agents dressed as civilians would drive around breaking traffic laws and would document the officers badge numbers then bribe them and then the bribed officers would be arrested and be replaced by another police officer. for 1st offenders they would be forced to pay a huge fee and serve a 30 day suspension with no pay. A 2nd strike the offender would be fined, then jailed for 14days, then would be suspended for 30 days without pay. A 3rd offense would mean a huge fine, one year of jail time and 6 months of community service, would be completely fired from ever joining the Kenya police force and any other security group in Kenya excluding of course private contractors) by having these strict rules the police force would change overnight to a respected internal security organ. Now with KDF wings open more Kenyan's would be available for military duty removing idle youths and would preach nationalistic rhetoric to achieve our developed vision.

Sixth would be infrastructure networks everywhere that would connect our country many of our roads are either non-existent or being fixed and repaired these changes need to happen quicker. And we need to have a standard gauge railroad network/ high speed rail that would connect kenya with all of Kenyana( this is more like a 2030 goal) etc.

We work on the things i listed above our vision of a developed kenya would be here by 2020 to 2022 and the rest would be accomplished as time moves on.

Ok sir, first things first: Vision 2030 is a well crafted strategy, with roadmaps and broken down pillars... remember it is a continuation of the famous Economic recovery strategy of the 2002 era when Nyongo was the minister for planning and national development. Dont stand in the rooftops and shout "The king is naked!", you might just face the guillotine. I suggest you carefully analyze thisThis before you give your next reply. In a nutshell however, vision 2030 hinges on the reasoning that if you take wealth to the masses they would be in a better position to contribute to the national economy in the form of taxes which will bring forth the kind of changes.

On coast and the issues facing guys, not uncommon elsewhere. Visit maralal and beyond, visit a small town called kapenguria and youll appreciate having a billion liters of fresh water and fertile land all through emptying into the indian ocean daily with little to show for it.

areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Feb 12 2012, 14:46

Areba but all things come at small steps its like saying a baby doesnt need to crawl first but to begin walking if so then the world would be different. With vision 2030 we have to start small the roads upgrading is okay and all but if we started with housing standards for everybody it would go far to improve kenya then the roads and the other projects can start. Here is another exmaple operation OLN when it started people wanted KDF to march to kismayo and claim it in weeks after the operation started if they had done that the whole operation would have been a sloppy mess but they tookk the smart and slow approach and are now in the process of finishing of the ALshabab. So with vision 2030 we must start with the needs of the people which is housing. the roads being built is great and all but if we want the vision to be done right we must be meticulous with everything so that the whole world will learn
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:00

cylon wrote:Areba but all things come at small steps its like saying a baby doesnt need to crawl first but to begin walking if so then the world would be different. With vision 2030 we have to start small the roads upgrading is okay and all but if we started with housing standards for everybody it would go far to improve kenya then the roads and the other projects can start. Here is another exmaple operation OLN when it started people wanted KDF to march to kismayo and claim it in weeks after the operation started if they had done that the whole operation would have been a sloppy mess but they tookk the smart and slow approach and are now in the process of finishing of the ALshabab. So with vision 2030 we must start with the needs of the people which is housing. the roads being built is great and all but if we want the vision to be done right we must be meticulous with everything so that the whole world will learn

You really need to read through the site i showed you before making responses as such, otherwise you sound like those NGO types hell bent on declaring Kenya is all about malnourished, gun trotting and corrupt people, facts on the ground notwithstanding. If spoon feed i must, then here goes:

housing:
http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/projects/details/Social/192
http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/projects/details/Social/203
http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/projects/details/Social/12
http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/projects/details/Social/152
http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/projects/details/Social/11

Under the social pillar, there are a number of flagship projects that we identified as critical for impact at a larger scale. For instance, introducing the women and youth funds to provide affordable loans (NOT HANDOUTS) to keep them productive, Have you checked the uptake of this on a constituency by constituency basis?
The summary is here for the social pillar:
http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/projects/social (click on the drop down on the left to view a longer list).

Economic pillar
http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/projects/economic

Political pillar
http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/projects/political

and enablers, which are the large scale infrastructure projects with long term planning and costing.
http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/projects/macro_enablers
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 33 Empty Lamu/south sudan pipeline construction to start march 2012

Post  countersniper Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:03

areba wrote:

As a matter of fact some interesting observation i have made over a few weeks (going to two months now), Every day, about a dozen trucks carrying heavy duty pipe pass by headed in the general direction of Malindi. (ill take a photo and share in the coming week). they look too big to be hardware supplies (about a foot in diameter) and a truck (40 foot equivalent) is laden with about 100 pieces... Could this be a pipeline already in the works?

The presidents of Kenya,Mwai Kibaki,and of South Sudan Salva Kir together with Ethiopias mMelez Zenawi will be all be at the launch of this massive 2000 kilometre construction project in lamu next month on march 4th 2012.

The south Sudanese want Kenyans help to ensure the project is up and running in 18 months. a Chinese consortium and others will do the project.
so maybe those trucks you are seeing are the rumblings of the start of this project.
http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/South+Sudan+comes+to+town+shopping+for+Lamu+pipeline/-/2558/1324704/-/bltb84z/-/index.html
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:09

One think I love about the current leadership (and hope about the upcoming one) is, in spite of all the hulabaloo, vision 2030 remains the target. I honestly can make do with anyone up there as long as the spirit of the vision (whose highlights include the constitution and the LAPSSET project) are respected...

An interesting note is that unless Ethiopia can get some land to the sea and build a port, Kenya is the only rational and reasonable route for the mutual growth of both Ethiopia and Southern Sudan. It is the one country link to the sea, something that as we have shown we will go to any extent to guard even if it means sending our men into foreign lands into harms way.
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 33 Empty kdf na kismayu

Post  countersniper Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:21

Spartan wrote:
areba wrote:I also strongly think capture of kismayo is being delayed to watch over developments in the greater somalia .....

The most convenient time to capture Kismayo is before KDF is rehatted to AMISOM, when the mandate of AMISOM does not yet restrict the rules of engagement. Secondly, if it's true KDF has about 4700 troops in OLN, I might be wrong but I think those numbers aren't enough to secure liberated areas as well as take on Kismayo.

Nevertheless, KDF will have to enter Kismayo however long that may take because Sector 2 is officially under KDF and, you guessed right, its HQ is supposed to be in Kismayo. Check related story here;

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/UN+unveils+new+look+Amisom+as+Kenya+joins+up/-/2558/1324660/-/gtn01k/-/index.html

I agree with spartan..OLN needs more than 4700 troops to properly secure the sector they have allocated themselves under the UN AMISOM plan..but kismayu must be taken first.The kdf ceiling is put at 5000 troops.
what i do not know if this number includes the current troops deployment already in the south theatre ..frankly speaking kdf needs to push mfor more troops say like 10000 troops. because the area they will cover is more than one third of entire Somalia .
perhaps the TFG troops will be factored in to fill the void.
The good news is that the UN is going to foot the bill for the equipment and other force enablers.this is good so that Kenya can expand its use of air power and ground forces assets to dominate the areas under control and also help the the sectors given to Burundi and Djibouti who may not have the air power capacity to do the job.

On the pipeline thing..already construction from Lamu will be launched next march.
the South Sudanese are very serious ..and want the project done within 18 months...and only Kenya in the region has the required experience in doing such projects...the other day ..the Kenya pipeline company did a 400 kilometer pipeline with a Chinese constrictor within 18 months.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mbaine Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:31

@ Cyclon: Quite the deluge there Cyclon[e] and good to have you back. Your post is all heart (not patronising you) but some of the thoughts are short on practicality. Vision 2030 is not too farfetched if you ask me, tis true the goals are way lofty but the time frame also allows for progressive growth towards them… Reach for the stars and at worst you will find yourself on the sun or moon, way far from terra firma.
The Kenya Police Service is in the process of reform (selon lá report de Monsiuer Ransley) and should be able to give us a more credible crime busting force in time; moreover, the regulation of an adult through sanctions as you propose would be a tall order… There must be credible system for this to occur… n we both know Kenya still needs to work on its governance systems. Corruption in the traffic department reaches high into the service and some judicial officers are complicit (things I pick up tending to [grape] vines).
It would be nice to embrace sustainability and a cyclic cradle to cradle system of resource exploitation and management; the current linear model (cradle to grave) results in more resources extracted than need be, per unit of production. Moreover, value addition on our exported goods would create jobs and also ensure higher income from exports. To achieve this, we must have some leverage over our trade partners hence Pax Kenyana… The more they need us /cannot avoid dealing with us, the more we can get for our world class exports. Chai na Kahawa za Kenya ziko chonjo majamaa…. Wacha tu!
To this I can only say Tally Ho, God speed and Good Hunting to the brave men and women of the KDF…. Your success may actually translate into more ugali on my table (as opposed to hii siasa mbaya ya kuenda Hek).

@ Areba, Vipi mtu wangu, umepotea sana, and nice reply (economics haikupitangi hataa).
I looked some more in to the Aerostat used by the US on the Mexican Border and Afghan. Hydrogen has not been used in blimps since the Hindenburg and the thing can be tethered 1.6 km in the atmosphere. Without intimate knowledge of its countermeasures I cannot explain how it would defeat any attacks, but I’m willing to postulate that at that altitude and with a proper surveillance suite covering a large area with Radar, High Res cameras, IR, UV and Radio scanners plus NV devices, it would probably be a tall order to bring one down. An attacking force would be in our sights long before they thought they were. It’s a proper shame that the AS got one up over the RDU chaps given these chaps are just as good if not better than GSU Recce.…. Who knows what difference such a system could have made?

ION this year, Hollywood will be releasing some military flicks; not sure if they are all worth checking out but Red Tails (came out Jan 20th ) and Act Of Valour (coming out Feb 20th ) and starring Active Duty U.S Navy Seals might be worth a peek.
Mbaine
Mbaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:47

countersniper wrote:On the pipeline thing..already construction from Lamu will be launched next march.
the South Sudanese are very serious ..and want the project done within 18 months...and only Kenya in the region has the required experience in doing such projects...the other day ..the Kenya pipeline company did a 400 kilometer pipeline with a Chinese constrictor within 18 months.

400km pipeline in 18 moons.
vs 2k5km (≈ Distance btw lamu & SS interior) in 18 moons? same time as above? Are there any logistical/manpower limits in relation to time for such monumental jobs?

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:51

fusebox wrote:
countersniper wrote:On the pipeline thing..already construction from Lamu will be launched next march.

400km pipeline in 18 moons.
vs 2k5km (≈ Distance btw lamu & SS interior) in 18 moons? same time as above? Are there any logistical/manpower limits in relation to time for such monumental jobs?

If it takes one man three hours to finish a 3kg plate of ugali, how many men will it take to consume 10kg of ugali in three hours? sounds familiar?
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:53

AzKahia wrote:
I looked some more in to the Aerostat used by the US on the Mexican Border and Afghan. .
sitting next to the Hydrogen in the periodic table is helium. By the way some days back some ingenious South Koreans have resorted ot delivering packages to people in the north via this methodology. The only issue i would have with this approach would be propulsion, not lift.
areba
areba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next