THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

+41
timoh
Kepler-Euler
HokumA
mogen
Sayaret matkal
chui
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
mashaa
Al Bashir
mwepesi
Batian
mambotupu
Balozi
MOOZALENDO
aggressor one
The Blue
tempest
Ned Starks Head
mekatilili
kimiti
one man army
Ole Sidai
Mbaine
areba
livefire
Sierra Kilo
Risasi
countersniper
Kobooz
mJESHI mMOJA
Flying Crane
Observer
Interloper
Fabrizio
cylon
mbs
MWAURA
jasiri
Spartan
Olekoima
Analyst
45 posters

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Empty Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Sayaret matkal Sat Apr 14 2012, 03:13

@cylon great pics man.

that m4 sure looks neat, does it pack a punch? heard its easy to handle, minimal recoil...how is the range? anybody?
Sayaret matkal
Sayaret matkal

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Apr 14 2012, 09:22

@big gun countersniper ya got me on that one..ya Agoi is a maragoil. Maneno ya bomb blast funds hiyo tuweke kando.
2nd I don,t think mwatete perpetuated the Jasisi saga. He more or less inherited it when he became Nav CDR. At that time the saga was on an advance stage

risasi the su 30 beats the eagle any day, its the numbers we are getting that tips the balance in our favour
@Sayaret matkal Naona kirauni hapo lakini…….. do you want a bet. Su vs F-15 . if so we conduct our arm wrestling discussion at the unused area of the site, so that we can have a one on one uninterrupted discussion. Kama iko tayari fungua that topic at HEADLINE POLITICS & CURRENT AFFAIRS page I will get you huko
Adiós Amigos
Very Happy
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sat Apr 14 2012, 10:42

Risasi wrote:@big gun countersniper ya got me on that one..ya Agoi is a maragoil. Maneno ya bomb blast funds hiyo tuweke kando.
2nd I don,t think mwatete perpetuated the Jasisi saga. He more or less inherited it when he became Nav CDR. At that time the saga was on an advance stage

risasi the su 30 beats the eagle any day, its the numbers we are getting that tips the balance in our favour
@Sayaret matkal Naona kirauni hapo lakini…….. do you want a bet. Su vs F-15 . if so we conduct our arm wrestling discussion at the unused area of the site, so that we can have a one on one uninterrupted discussion. Kama iko tayari fungua that topic at HEADLINE POLITICS & CURRENT AFFAIRS page I will get you huko
Adiós Amigos
Very Happy

risasi
Dont worry we are on the same side...perhaps i should point out to you that before becoming navy commander Mwathethe was at one time head of defence systems procurement at DOD with the rank of Brigadier.HE WAS INVOLVED in the original design,specification,cost evaluation and ultimate acceptance of the jasiri during the procurement process.
Mwathethe even spent time visiting the Spanish dockyard that was building the ship to oversee the start of the process and other matters.
we will never know why a ship with no weapons systems on board from scratch was costing too much well beyond one with any type missile system of some sort...i stand to be corrected ..brother.
Over a period of three years he spent between three to six months to 12 months each time in Spain as the ship was being constructed before and in the fourth year ,the controversy broke out about the alleged bad deals involving the so called anglo leasing.
Anyway as i have already indicated earlier i stand to be corrected again if anything i have indicated here is wrong..but generally speaking my sources on this are pretty reliable.
The rest is history.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 14 2012, 10:55

http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-news/2012/04/14/sudans-army-moves-on-oil-town-seized-by-south-sudan/

It seems SS will be on the receiving end pretty soon.

It says neutral forces could be deployed until Sudan and South Sudan reach a settlement on the oil-producing area.

Could this help 'pacify' these two neighbors? Like the DMZ in Asia. It would be a big step forward for Kenyana. And a show of great ability to solve Kenyana internal squabbles.

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Empty Sudan Conflict

Post  Analyst Sat Apr 14 2012, 11:11

[quote="Sayaret matkal"]

@ON, Analyst any hope the brewing conflict could be settled diplomaticly? massive troop movement towards Kordofan by SS and airstrikes from khartoum not a good sign. saw top ranking spla commander recently on aljazeera confidently stating that the south will not back down. oh, and they allegedly downed one of the Migs that has been carrying out the airstrikes

Sayaret Maktal......SS are closely monitoring the Sudan problem. Unfortunately, there is so much conspiracy in the new conflict.

Khartoum is launching a proxy war and SS are trying to counter play and bring both war-machine and diplomacy on the table to ease tensions. Fixing the problem will be difficult for a number of reasons including some major concessions Juba made. Two of friends of Nairobi feel 'very threatened' by these concessions economically and attempts to sabotage the essence and implementation are manifesting very rapidly.

Juba has blessings to test the waters in terms of defense. If it can keep Khartoum away from the oil without asking for help, the proxy war will not suffice to halt the projects hence safe-guard Juba's interests and ours. It might become a very complex military-diplomacy problem that will take quite sometime before tangible resolves make inroads.

Analyst

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Empty SUDAN BORDER SKIRMISHINGS

Post  Guest Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:25

This characteristic recklessness by GoSS endangers the entire region and threatens to unravel very deliberate and painstakingly constructed protocols that are intended to road-map the integrated socio-economic and political progress of the entire region. it is an extremely shortsighted and direction-less thinking by a leadership that is not accountable to its people and and nor to friendly but exasperated neighbours who have borne an extremely heavy GoSS burden over the years. Not even forces external to this region who have extraneous self-interests in Sudan and South Sudan approve of this senseless action by GoSS - Sammy condemns GoSS for the first time since 1982!!

I said a couple of days ago that someone will either have to pull GoSS buck teeth or someone will have to drag a belligerent GoSS by the short hairs to a talk-table. And Sudan has, this time around, internationally acceptable justifications to kick GoSS teeth in – GoSS invades and occupies Sudan territory that is Republic of Sudan's according to the CPA they both signed barely five years ago. And boisterously threatens an expanded war to resolve ownership of yet another territory whose ownership is however contentious. As certain as rain falling, GoSS is going to get her arse kicked kitu hard, pretty soon; IGAD is not gonna get suckered into a nonsensical military adventure which is based on testosterone-type thinking – this hair-brained GoSS action is not a conspiracy with anyone else but GoSS. When GoSS is chased outta Heglig, the talk-table awaits, as it was before GoSS jumped off into Heglig - it would be diplomatically unsupportable to drive Sudan to negotiate with GoSS while Kirr sits on Sudan's territory.

There should be no doubts that our most critical strategic vital interest in the Sudan as a region is a peaceful coexistence between both Sudans, that integrates both Nations into Kenyana in one form or another. And that ALL outstanding disagreements between them be negotiated, and progress is not necessary demanded this year nor next year - there is no imperative to get Abiyei awarded to one of the other Sudans this year!! Republic of Sudan is as vital to this region as the Republic of South Sudan is - ignore for a moment the morality of the characters in power in both Nations and the transparent sanctimoniousness of Johnny in the ICC Darfur indictments.

Who has the high moral ground now? Damn these ex-guerrilla republicans!!

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:31; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Empty KDF returns 850 troops home from somalia operation.

Post  countersniper Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:28

I think this is a daft political move done without proper considerations.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1385396/-/ysr4oez/-/index.html
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:33

ole Nkarei wrote:
efrommers wrote:
Hi guys,

my 3 cents on the SS vs Khartoum issue is that it has just knocked too early and It would be untimely for Kenya or Uganda, to calculate an offensive against the conflict. SS is crying foul against the AU and the UN for their reluctance, and the fact that no one from those organizations, is willing to command those controlling militants from the north to put a halt on their activities. I do not understand how hundred Rwandan soldiers would bolster security at the border, but SS is calling on IGAD to foresee the peace agreement workable. There are three major factors that would make KDF/UG inquisitions between Kiir and Khartoum almost impossible.

........First, with regards to timing, the political climate in the country/Kenya is volatile, and unstable politicians are fumbling in trying to run a coalition government. In the event SS vs karthoum ceasefire fails to materialize, we would see an influx of Sudanese refugees and an increased number of international media detractors heaping pressure at government on what and how things needs to be done.

.......second, there has already been an insurrection of Alshabaab propaganda, and also

........Third, Strained diplomatic relations between UK and kenya, and the forthcoming US presidential campaign both of which politically are directly impacted by events happening in the horn. I am Suggesting that Kenya to watch as events unfold until the it has passed this phases.

@efrommers - fafanua kidogo, ndugu, sikwelewi viema unavyosema hapa.
The Border Skirmishes now threatening the Peace in the Sudan has commentaries here to some good detail, if you can peruse through earlier posts.

Also the Battalion of lightly equipped Rwandan Forces are not deployed on the Border with Sudan North, but 700km to the South, mostly likely for static security for UN Installations and Infrastructure. They have no ability to interfere one way or the other with the Border Skirmishes going on.

Competitive elective Politics the world over are volatile, Kenya's are no exception. Whether ours is more volatile than most is moot at this moment - I don't think it is.

Moreover, managing a Coalition is not akin to managing a Government, and despite the corruptible nature of our politics, the Institutions that comprise the Government are running and functional nonetheless.

AS or as some like calling them here, Al-kebab, is not a growing threat to East Africa, on the contrary it is a diminishing threat to East Africa.

As concerns relationships with the Brits, one must ask whether ''better relationships with the British'' must mean continued servitude under the same old thinly-veiled colonial regimen of a hundred years, or indeed mean a renegotiated relationship based on mutual respect and mutual advantage. If it is the former, I suggest that relationship with the Brits will get a lot worse before they get better and we must all be prepared for this - there is now much more at stake, and much greater rewards for which ever of the two sides takes precedence in this tussle.

Kenya and East Africa will & must make & take whatever decisions about this evolving threat to our peace that will be in our best short-and-long term collective interests, which only the most neutered Uncle Tom will pretend are necessarily at convergence with British and American interests. At this juncture, I cannot imagine that IGAD taking the side of GoSS in this conflict they have started and which runs contrary to the carefully painstakingly constructed conflict resolution matrix in IGAD /EAC.

@ Ole Nkarei,

I was explaining in the light which mbs had put across about KE/UG backing/helping SS in defending their territory against proxy wars. By relating the US presidential campaigns and current ignited political temperature in kenya, I was not comparing Kenya's with any, but was suggesting that such rearming will not be right, given the timing. Uncle Tom and Sam obviously will intervene once a key decision by a regional watchdog is made on SS. We have clearly seen this with Somalia issue. But that hypocrisy is akin to mordern*day* imperialism. And also I am afraid that if proxy militia can act in the full glare of international watchdogs, there is something not right!!!

So I was saying this is the wrong timing for even a custodian like IGAD (forget EAC) to intervene and you can see who's action are veiled behind the proxy militia. And on Al-kebab, I meant that, it would be the right time and environment to revive their propaganda machine and other vexed groups like MRC to revive their spate of attacks. So let us wait until a certain change of events. On (Brits), I do not see a thinly-veiled*imperialism* resurfacing through intellectual slavery because we have ruled ourselves for almost a jubilee. And I am concluding that where there is smoke there is fire. i.e in regards to the UK/ICC dossier
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:40

countersniper wrote:I think this is a daft political move done without proper considerations.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1385396/-/ysr4oez/-/index.html

Easy, bro - tis not gonna happen. That story is for ''form-sake'' pekee! More not Less!! Okay -UNSC's KDF-AMISOM payroll is publicly set at 4660 Men/women - alafu, joo?? Remember, Mission Objective and Mission Parameters have not been altered and remain the same as on the day of jump-off. Easy, mate. Smile

@efrommers - I read you clear, brother. And in full agreement. And seeing that you deciphered the Swahili, I know now you are Mzalendo halisi!! Asante Ndugu.

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Sat Apr 14 2012, 18:54

cylon wrote:REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Kenyan_soldiers4

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Kenyan_soldiers5

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Kenya_helicopter2

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Kenya_helicopter

I Remember seeing that analyst said that Egypt poses no threat to the East african region just yet but with water shortages happening in this region the nile river and its elixir will cause many problems if not checked here is a link explaining what i mean.
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/egypt/120406/could-egypt-run-out-water-2025

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/egypt/120406/video-ethiopia-claims-the-nile

I was thinking there are alot of D-3s, C-47s and DC-5s rotting away in many airfields in kenya they are not currently in use and i thought that if KDF could fix them up they could be converted to offshore patrol duty, or be turned in awacs, or be turned into very lethal gunships, or many many more configurations what do you think people.

Also we could use a bird like this in a few years http://www.airnews.co.za/march-2012/return-of-the-gunship.html
Actually there's not that many. I know AirKenya fly a couple of DC-3s at least as of the late 90s. IMO there's nothing the fixed wing gunships will do that choppers won't. Yes,its extremely handy having a 30mm chain gun,40 mm cannon and a 105 mm howitzer overhead but is it more effective than a pair of mi 28s with a pair of 500 lb bombs?
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Airforce-digest-06http://www.airnews.co.za/march-2012/airforce-digest-03.jpg
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Airforce-digest-03
The top photo explains the meaning of a logistically demanding weapons platform! Just imagine having a pair of these on-station in a low manpad threat environment with numerous mixed technical dismounted irregulars-whoaa!
Mediate peace between the two countries and if that fails then Uganda
and kenya better have atleast a squadron of attack jets on standby.
Cylon,everybody gave their own angle as to why the 8,sorry 6 UPDF Sues aren't going to be fielded any time soon-please read peoples' posts! There's a lot of knowledge in these pages.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Sat Apr 14 2012, 18:58

I Remember seeing that analyst said that Egypt poses no threat to the East african region just yet but with water shortages happening in this region the nile river and its elixir will cause many problems if not checked here is a link explaining what i mean.
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/egypt/120406/could-egypt-run-out-water-2025

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/egypt/120406/video-ethiopia-claims-the-nile

I was thinking there are alot of D-3s, C-47s and DC-5s rotting away in many airfields in kenya they are not currently in use and i thought that if KDF could fix them up they could be converted to offshore patrol duty, or be turned in awacs, or be turned into very lethal gunships, or many many more configurations what do you think people.

Also we could use a bird like this in a few years http://www.airnews.co.za/march-2012/return-of-the-gunship.html
Actually there's not that many. I know AirKenya fly a couple of DC-3s at least as of the late 90s. IMO there's nothing the fixed wing gunships will do that choppers won't. Yes,its extremely handy having a 30mm chain gun,40 mm cannon and a 105 mm howitzer overhead but is it more effective than a pair of mi 28s with a pair of 500 lb bombs?
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Airforce-digest-06http://www.airnews.co.za/march-2012/airforce-digest-03.jpg
The top photo explains the meaning of a logistically demanding weapons platform! Just imagine having a pair of these on-station in a low manpad threat environment with numerous mixed technical dismounted irregulars-whoaa!
Cylon,everybody gave their own angle as to why the 8,sorry 6 UPDF Sues aren't going to be fielded any time soon-please read peoples' posts! There's a lot of knowledge in these pages.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sat Apr 14 2012, 22:22

MWAURA wrote:

Uganda still has an airforce composed of Mig21s and L-39s when did you see me mention any sukhois as standby jets i have been digesting all of the information here and have been enlightened in a few other areas but before you go bashing me research the other inventory jets the Ugandan's have. According to my records 18 DC3s/C47s/Daks were registered in Kenya there are about two that are lying in waste at JKIA, a few at wislon, another two at mombasa and we can even purchase some more from Tanzania where most lie in desolate fields and then we have them upgraded with modern avionics, new turbo props, airframes renewed, new designed miniguns that would lay a field to waste(The South African Air Force (SAAF) has performed at least 30 "C-47TP
Turbodak" conversions. The SAAF uses their Turbodaks for everything from VIP
transport to electronic intelligence and maritime patrol. The C-47TPs used
in maritime patrol are fitted with FLIR turrets in the nose). Yes in my opinion i believe that a gunship is more or less effective in a the battle field but im not expert in the matter probably risasi could shed some light on the issue.

http://www.dc-3.co.za/dc-3-in-africa/kenya.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_AC-47_Spooky
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Empty Gunship vs Attack Helicopters

Post  cylon Sat Apr 14 2012, 23:22

Ac-130 gunship
"Capable of flying faster than helicopters and at high altitudes with
excellent loiter time, the use of the pylon turn allowed the AC-47 to
deliver continuous accurate fire to a single point on the ground"
"These heavily-armed aircraft incorporate side-firing weapons integrated
with sophisticated sensors, navigation, and fire control systems to
provide precision firepower or area-saturation fire with its varied
armament. The AC-130 can spend long periods flying over their target
area at night and in adverse weather."

• Maximum speed: 260 knots (300 mph, 480 km/h)
  • Range: 2,200 nm (2,530 mi, 4,070 km)
  • Service ceiling: 30,000 ft (9,100 m)

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 800px-AC-130H_Spectre_%282152981898%29

Mil-28 Helicopter GunShip
"Russian all-weather, day-night, military tandem, two-seat anti-armour attack helicopter. It is a dedicated attack helicopter with no intended secondary transport capability"
"The gun armament of the Mi-28 is the Shipunov 2A42 Autocannon
It is a select fire, dual-feed gun, which allows for a cyclic rate of
fire between 200 rounds per minute to 550 rounds per minute. Its
effective range varies from 1500 meters for ground vehicles to 2500
meters for air targets."

• Maximum speed: 320 km/h (172 knots, 199 mph)
  • Cruise speed: 270 km/h (145 knots, 168 mph)
  • Range: 435 km (234 nmi, 270 mi)
  • Combat radius: 200 km (108 nmi, 124 mi) ; with 10 min loiter and 5% reserves
  • Ferry range: 1,100 km (593 nmi, 683 mi)
  • Service ceiling: 5,700 m (19,000 ft)
  • Rate of climb: 13.6 m/s (2,677 ft/min)
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 300px-%D0%9C%D0%B8-28%D0%9D%D0%AD_%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%9C%D0%90%D0%9A%D0%A1-2007_%2802%29
http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/documents/attitude.pdf

You just cannot compare these two birds when they are the kings in their classes ( forgive me guys did some copying and pasting i didnt have enough time to type it up myself) But in my eyes a Gunship like the Ac-130 could unleash a ton of damage to any battlefield than the several mil-28 its like raining hot death when that "Spooky" is in the sky
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 09:35

The tech infrastructure for the AC-130 as a Air-Combat Ground Support platform is way beyond us, I think. Devastating against clustered targets, force-concentrations, hard fortifications, not so good with dispersing and fast-moving multiple targets. Lacks the nimble tactical agility to as fully interface with front-line units as the Kamov/ Mi-28 for instance, very venerable to ground anti-air and to fast moving air-to-air. Our threat-realities discount the AC-130 Gunship, which is really a fixed-wing-based gunship-platform technology-testing-bed for eventual interface with Unmanned Warfare - Air Drones, motorized Field Arty, MBTs, motorized Machine-Gun Units, etc...

I will take a squadron of Mi-28 / Kamov-50a over an AC-130 any day of the week!! I for one don’t want to be anywhere ‘near’ whatever this monster is tasked to deal with – ‘’spotter’ and ‘kill-confirmation’ Deltas brought out footage of the AC-130’s handiwork in Ras Kaboni last year, I tell you an entire forest so badly chewed up by those 30mike-mikes like some crazy demon took a chain-saw to it. Body parts for Kill-ID? Eeeiish!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Apr 15 2012, 10:01

The AC-130 is clearly a monster. kifieko, ehe. https://youtu.be/2H1uvmdAPoM
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Empty SUDAN BORDER SKIRMISHING

Post  Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 13:29

@Analyst - your comment right here on this story below? Rest of you good people are welcome to take a lick too.

Sudan’s Oil Dispute and Regional Economic Complex, Subversive Activity
http://my stupid blog.com/?p=2156
April 15 | Posted by David James | Energy Intelligence, Intelligence News

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Sun Apr 15 2012, 13:51

ole Nkarei wrote:@Analyst - your comment right here on this story below? Rest of you good people are welcome to take a lick too.

Ole Nkarei

Though skeptic, i would not refute such a critical overview and would surely err in dismissing an element of economic intelligence workings on the Sudan saga.
Of-course Kenya has principal economic ambitions which in my opinion are primary to its economic and military future and influence in the region.

The economic sabotage conspiracy hinted in SIN makes sense based on the events mentioned in their analysis and if Juba and Khartoum finally map out borders, definitely Kenya will be a key beneficiary.

The nexus between intelligence sharing between Ug and Khartoum on the issue is complex but materializes from the economic sabotage angle with Kampala and Khartoum being culpable of such efforts based on the fact that both are big losers in the Juba-Ethiopia-Nairobi projects.

Besides there is this sinister silence by Nairobi about the issue. In the recent past, Kenya has been very vocal and involved in the Juba-Khartoum issue that it was very principal in all undertakings with regard to the protagonists. The equivocalness and direct involvement of Nairobi about Juba-Khartoum problem is suddenly gone.......

Analyst

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Empty Kibaki is pondering to both sides.

Post  countersniper Sun Apr 15 2012, 14:57

Kenya is playing a dangerous game in this Sudan and south Sudan issue.
Kibaki is trying to help his friend Bashir while at the same time trying to be close to GOSS.
This is a loosing strategy.
This Out break of simmering tensions and possible war will unravel LAMU,JUBALAND KENYANA projects in a big way.
i see a hidden hand in this. someone has decided better to have chaos in the region now that Kenya has discovered oil,and is tilting to the eastern block instead western block.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 16 Empty 8 new F-16s awaiting assembly in Kenya

Post  mogen Sun Apr 15 2012, 17:03

Interesting. What to make of this. Unsure about authenticity of the source. Check the story here: http://my stupid blog.com/?p=2109
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Sun Apr 15 2012, 21:01

ole Nkarei wrote:@Analyst - your comment right here on this story below? Rest of you good people are welcome to take a lick too.

There was no other way that the southerners could show the arabs in the north where the 1956 borders lie, whether that means war or not it does not matter because the SPLA is no longer a rebel outfit but a defence force for an independent country which means that they can also receive help from their friends overtly.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Apr 15 2012, 21:36

mogen wrote:Interesting. What to make of this. Unsure about authenticity of the source. Check the story here: http://my stupid blog.com/?p=2109

Anyway wats this stupidblog.com website seems my browsers cannot open up to the website can somebody please post a clear link. From the eagles now to the 16s and to mirage F1 and its clear who ever writes these things must be getting them from the usual rumor mills unless of course it pops up on spiri or headlined in a news cast somewhere.

http://www.jamiiforums.com/international-forum/248081-arms-race-hots-up-in-east-africa.html

rumors came from here
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 21:54

The fight for Afmadow is on Boyz .. Sources confirm heavy fighting and indicate Afmadow will fall within the next two weeks at the latest. Chai bado in Kismayo watu wangu.

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Apr 15 2012, 22:04

KiB'z wrote:The fight for Afmadow is on Boyz .. Sources confirm heavy fighting and indicate Afmadow will fall within the next two weeks at the latest. Chai bado in Kismayo watu wangu.

Is it a KDF led force or is all TFG Two weeks? why not 2 or three days
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 22:32

@Cyclon .. as far as i know it's a TFG led initiative .. I believe that's the standard operating mode for the KDF on paper"TFG supported by KDF" for obvious political reasons/ to avoid the back lash incase of major collateral damage. Two weeks is nothing .. could even take longer ..remember we are there to pacify the place not kill every Tom n Jerry somalian. Otherwise we could be in Kismayo in like 2011 .. but we are not taking a walk in the park, this is serious business son .. u win the hearts and mind u win the war ..i ts not about chest thumping its about getting perfect results . It's national security not macho-ism.

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Apr 15 2012, 22:41

KiB'z wrote:@Cyclon .. as far as i know it's a TFG led initiative .. I believe that's the standard operating mode for the KDF on paper"TFG supported by KDF" for obvious political reasons/ to avoid the back lash incase of major collateral damage. Two weeks is nothing .. could even take longer ..remember we are there to pacify the place not kill every Tom n Jerry somalian. Otherwise we could be in Kismayo in like 2011 .. but we are not taking a walk in the park, this is serious business son .. u win the hearts and mind u win the war ..i ts not about chest thumping its about getting perfect results . It's national security not macho-ism.

Okay i see. and i wasnt chest thumping i was just saying that Alshabab must have abandoned afrmadow a long time ago so they can defend kismayo effectively.And that 2 days or three would have been enough to destroy the stragglers and thats the reason why 2 weeks shocked me it wasnt macho-ism
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 22:56

10-4 Cyclon .. 10-4 .. Roger that .. loud and clear bud ..

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Apr 16 2012, 01:46

cylon wrote:
mogen wrote:Interesting. What to make of this. Unsure about authenticity of the source. Check the story here: http://my stupid blog.com/?p=2109

Anyway wats this stupidblog.com website seems my browsers cannot open up to the website can somebody please post a clear link. From the eagles now to the 16s and to mirage F1 and its clear who ever writes these things must be getting them from the usual rumor mills unless of course it pops up on spiri or headlined in a news cast somewhere.

http://www.jamiiforums.com/international-forum/248081-arms-race-hots-up-in-east-africa.html

rumors came from here

Don't know if this is where it started: http://my stupid blog.com/?p=1393
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Apr 16 2012, 01:55

cylon wrote:
KiB'z wrote:The fight for Afmadow is on Boyz .. Sources confirm heavy fighting and indicate Afmadow will fall within the next two weeks at the latest. Chai bado in Kismayo watu wangu.

Is it a KDF led force or is all TFG Two weeks? why not 2 or three days

Apparently it Madobe's boyz [not the TFG] leading the charge:
maybe they have settled for Madobe to administer Afmadow and TFG to administer Kismayo once both towns fall.
Interesting report here: http://www.keydmedia.net/en/news/article/axmed_madobe_orders_his_fighters_to_capture_afmadow_town_from_al_shabab/
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 16 2012, 03:37

Yeap .. I agree Morgen. Ras Kamboni "supposedly the place I was born lol" does most of the dirty work in the southern sector as opposed to TFG, but we all know the official line " TFG supported by KDF and allied militia". The Ras Kamboni as we all know is a KDF proxy and the best armed/best trained militia operating anywhere in somalia. If u can remember about two weeks ago or so there where reports of KDF arresting two senior TFG commanders over squabbles on who is gonna be administering Afmadow after its fall. Yeap u guessed it right ... there is no way KDF will let someone else enjoy the spoils unless there are directly reporting back to Nairobi. Madobe/Gandhi and his boyz will run the show in both Kismayo and Afmadow under the auspices of TFG answerable directly to Nairobi.

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Apr 16 2012, 04:23

Glad they waited to sort the internal squabbles before moving. You notice the areas captured by KDF/TFG/Ras Kamboni are all complete with administrators, health services, schools, humanitarian org have also moved in etc. No power/services vacuum. The ordinary Somali is enjoying dividends they never knew under Al Shabaab. Having won the hearts and minds of the people kicking al shabaab in the teeth will be a job half-way done.

The wait and mind games in and around Afmadow were well worth the time. Once, it falls Kismayo will follow soon.
Afmadow will fall sooner than 2 weeks. 20Km march through the district and town won't be a 'Long March' at all. My 10cent, anyway.

The Telecommunication network for Afmadow district is still down. Me thinks, that is not the work of Al Shabaab. It will be back up once the area is bagged.

KiB'z wrote:Yeap .. I agree Morgen. Ras Kamboni "supposedly the place I was born lol" does most of the dirty work in the southern sector as opposed to TFG, but we all know the official line " TFG supported by KDF and allied militia". The Ras Kamboni as we all know is a KDF proxy and the best armed/best trained militia operating anywhere in somalia. If u can remember about two weeks ago or so there where reports of KDF arresting two senior TFG commanders over squabbles on who is gonna be administering Afmadow after its fall. Yeap u guessed it right ... there is no way KDF will let someone else enjoy the spoils unless there are directly reporting back to Nairobi. Madobe/Gandhi and his boyz will run the show in both Kismayo and Afmadow under the auspices of TFG answerable directly to Nairobi.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next