THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Sierra Kilo Thu Aug 23 2012, 17:26

Flying Crane wrote:[@Bulleti..you told your Hawk are in imacculate conditions in store what is this????[/size]

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Trtye_10

Reliable source quotes that you tried to restart them for ON but they backfired.

First thing the Ugandans do after being rescued from the cold Mt Kenya, take illicit pictures in a military installation of a 'friendly' country!!!!
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Thu Aug 23 2012, 17:53

Sierra Kilo wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:[@Bulleti..you told your Hawk are in imacculate conditions in store what is this????[/size]

Reliable source quotes that you tried to restart them for ON but they backfired.

First thing the Ugandans do after being rescued from the cold Mt Kenya, take illicit pictures in a military installation of a 'friendly' country!!!!

Don't worry that thing been sitting their since the mid 90's i believe just off the runway in the bushes. + that photo was taken by a British soldier in kenya while on training
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Fri Aug 24 2012, 13:08

ole Nkarei wrote:Kericho tea in Chisimayo! Tasting for sugar now....
i guess the next time the uniforms make an appearance the tweeting major will have tasted the tea and confirmed it is good
In very few days Kismayu would be under
control of Somalia Government and AMISOM troops. The revenue potential
of the port city will boost the new government operations.(the major himself on facebook)

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Fri Aug 24 2012, 13:18

cylon wrote:
Sierra Kilo wrote:

Don't worry that thing been sitting their since the mid 90's i believe just off the runway in the bushes. + that photo was taken by a British soldier in kenya while on training

my bone with the bullet is he said the craft were in working order reserved in store yet their actually scared all over under the sun , dens for rats and snakes. Secondly they tried firing them up for OLN but failed due to rust and decay.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 24 2012, 17:10

Too quite down there. Damn it!......no action to report or progress? The 'D' day came and no action or whatever was supposed to be happened? Al shababa still sitting and enjoying all the comfort life in that beautiful sea side town?

We need stop playing nice, and storm the God forsaken city and be done with! I am planning my vacation and this does not fair well to know that this shit may well go on until next year without solution.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Fri Aug 24 2012, 18:25

MAKE_IT_SIMPLE wrote:Too quite down there. Damn it!......no action to report or progress? The 'D' day came and no action or whatever was supposed to be happened? Al shababa still sitting and enjoying all the comfort life in that beautiful sea side town?

We need stop playing nice, and storm the God forsaken city and be done with! I am planning my vacation and this does not fair well to know that this shit may well go on until next year without solution.

i think they are trying not to let the testosterone lead the way as all actions in their keep is under serious scrutiny from spoilers and everyone. http://www.raxanreeb.com/2012/08/somalia-protect-civilians-in-kismayo/
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Fri Aug 24 2012, 20:25

MAKE_IT_SIMPLE wrote:Too quite down there. Damn it!......no action to report or progress? The 'D' day came and no action or whatever was supposed to be happened? Al shababa still sitting and enjoying all the comfort life in that beautiful sea side town?

What your vacation got to do with men rushing and risking their life for. Don,t be so selfish man Mad
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 25 2012, 06:26

Flying Crane wrote:

What your vacation got to do with men rushing and risking their life for. Don,t be so selfish man Mad
My friend flying crane, I was hoping not to go in detail to get my drift. But as you asked I will try my best to explain. Advance apology with grammatical error; I'm using my the phone. But anyway here is my beef with all this Somalia thing(concerned Kenyan). Everyday that we are(kdf) in Somalia, we Kenyan are soft targets for hard core somalis. Our economy will suffer if this thing is not sorted out on and handed over to Somalis police.

Kdf need to care of this quickly and pull back to borde

Back to top Go down

Post  mambotupu Sat Aug 25 2012, 07:48

[quote="Olekoima"][quote="mambotupu"][quote="mambotupu"]
mambotupu wrote:
countersniper wrote:i hope the ship has been fitted with armaments capability
last time i checked it had no armaments fitted. but its a good move to get this chapter closed.
]

"Gondán Shipyards director, Álvaro Platero said the ship will depart from Figueras in midsummer, and after putting on the necessary weapons, will travel to Kenya. "It is ideal for sailing in the waters of Kenya and Somalia to fight piracy. The ship also is prepared to meet oceanographic features, "he said.
Before leaving for Kenya it will have to make a stop at another port for installation of two sophisticated guns and several machine guns"

SIN has the information too:-

Intelligence reports confirm that Kenya’s naval vessel, KNS Jasiri left Ribadeo, Asturias province, Spain and is sailing home to Mombasa Kenya after it was armed and its crew trained to navigate the vessel.

KNS Jasiri has docked at three different ports in Spain, Ribadeo, Sada and Figueras where it was finally fitted with sophisticated weapons before sailing home to Kenya.

Strategic Intelligence Service confirms that on August 12, 2012 Kenyan Navy OPV KNS JASIRI called to the port of Valletta Malta.

Kenya defense procurement is quite precise on its role, where it hardly procures something it cannot scramble in a timely manner, defense experts have explained in relation to training of the crew.

KNS Jasiri has been armed and fitted with modern naval warship radar and radio besides sophisticated weaponry to handle naval warfare based on the level of threats at the East African maritime environment.

Kenya has the best and most well armed and equipped navy in the East Africa with its British Vosper Thornycroft built fast attack naval boats.

KNS Jasiri is armed to fight piracy and also engage enemy from sea hence armed with long range cannons, and missile launching ports.

Kenya Defense procurement rejected the ship but after EuroMarine agreed to meet the requirement and the KDOD agreed to pay the ship builder completed the naval vessel with both naval warfare and oceanographic survey features.

The ship left its manufacturers dock after it was fitted with the necessary weaponry but stopped at a second port where it was fitted with the sophisticated weapons and long-range machine-guns on various sides of the ship to increase its capacity to engage an enemy from different directions.

Once again SIN publishes an "intelligence" report AFTER basic facts and sources published on this site ....
mambotupu
mambotupu

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Aug 25 2012, 18:26

Flying Crane wrote:KE bro’s………. the tuff gets going..S.S wants back the Golden triangle and Somalia its oily rich water. What a coincidence cause both region benefited from K.E proxy insurgents ops.

Very Happy

@Bulleti..you told your Hawk are in imacculate conditions in store what is this????

@ F.Crane umepata pictures sio…. from your statement “Reliable source quotes that you tried to restart them for ON but they backfired” think again how do you restart an aircraft on its belly Very Happy . Some basic air worthy credentials have to be met before you think about restating ..Cool the hawks that were fired for OLN are not in that condition. That’s a crash hawk..Canopy missing .pilot ejected safely.

@blog……….. Pushing deep into enemy territory seeks out the insurgent who although on their heel remain a deadly force on thier tuff ………

@mambo thats all about the SIN blog..patching up info. from various blogs
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Aug 26 2012, 05:37

Risasi wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:KE bro’s………. the tuff gets going..S.S wants back the Golden triangle and Somalia its oily rich water. What a coincidence cause both region benefited from K.E proxy insurgents ops.

Very Happy

@Bulleti..you told your Hawk are in imacculate conditions in store what is this????

@ F.Crane umepata pictures sio…. from your statement “Reliable source quotes that you tried to restart them for ON but they backfired” think again how do you restart an aircraft on its belly Very Happy . Some basic air worthy credentials have to be met before you think about restating ..Cool the hawks that were fired for OLN are not in that condition. That’s a crash hawk..Canopy missing .pilot ejected safely.

@Risasi
That is Flying Crane with his clandestine photojournalism! Wacha tu.

I hear the Chai is ready
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Empty Insecurity in Kenya

Post  jasiri Sun Aug 26 2012, 15:09

There's some very disturbing reports from insiders in the police force that the recent spate of tribal killings in Kenya were actually very preventable. What they lacked was the will to prevent them. Apparently, the policemen are on a go slow to protest the delayed implementation of their promised salary appraisals. Now here's the chilling bit, some say that if no positive outcome is forthcoming from the government..Kenya shall be a gangsters paradise. How daft can our politicians be? The other day the speaker addresses the nation saying the need more money for their salaries as the MP's are paid peanuts. This is a guy talking about 800,000 Kshs, aprox 24 mil ug shilling or 16000000 Tz shs every month in 'peanuts' to mps!!!! hii nchi sa zingine!

jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Aug 26 2012, 15:22

The bad wolf of the North is dead (RIP Meles) n people are already confused. Rightly so. Who is HaileMariam Desalegn? Is he someone we can trust with Zenawi's big shoes? Much may be unknown at this time but what i know is that the Oromo's may not have it any easy. . . n neither are the Somalis for that matter. At 34% of Ethiopia's population, every Wolatya n Tigray has a reason to have fears of being overun by the numerically larger Oromos. In the end, i don't see a big shift from Zenawi's policies, hey the guy still needs Zenawi's people to help him run the country. However, seeing as we don't know this guy properly, we may be surprised. He may want to seek his own legacy by reconciling with other tribes and nations. This may be Isayas Aferwerkis only chance.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Aug 26 2012, 15:30

jasiri wrote:There's some very disturbing reports from insiders in the police force that the recent spate of tribal killings in Kenya were actually very preventable. What they lacked was the will to prevent them. Apparently, the policemen are on a go slow to protest the delayed implementation of their promised salary appraisals. Now here's the chilling bit, some say that if no positive outcome is forthcoming from the government..Kenya shall be a gangsters paradise. How daft can our politicians be? The other day the speaker addresses the nation saying the need more money for their salaries as the MP's are paid peanuts. This is a guy talking about 800,000 Kshs, aprox 24 mil ug shilling or 16000000 Tz shs every month in 'peanuts' to mps!!!! hii nchi sa zingine!

@Jasiri

Right now the MPs earn no less than sh27,000 per day!!. They want more but they pay no taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yuk

They are real hyenas preying on poor mwananchi who can hardly make ends me.
Haki. Siku yao itafika.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Sun Aug 26 2012, 20:31

MAKE_IT_SIMPLE wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:

My friend flying crane, I was hoping not to go in detail to get my drift. But as you asked I will try my best to explain. Advance apology with grammatical error; I'm using my the phone. But anyway here is my beef with all this Somalia thing(concerned Kenyan). Everyday that we are(kdf) in Somalia, we Kenyan are soft targets for hard core somalis. Our economy will suffer if this thing is not sorted out on and handed over to Somalis police.

Kdf need to care of this quickly and pull back to borde

@make it simple,if you read through this blog over the first ten pages,you will know that,amongst other agendas, LAPSSET project is at the top of the list for the wise old man,hence the current deployment of troops in Zoomaaliya.supposing your proposal is followed through on,the progress made in ensuring that the kenyana-zoomaaliya border is secured by friendly forces fails,leading to failure of the LAPSSET project,and hence remaining under powers that be, who dont want us to scale the heights we are capable of. and this is just a drop in the ocean as to why some brave people are across the border right now

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Aug 27 2012, 03:52

A.S. Flee from Kismayo

Apparently the A.S. fighters are sensing imminent defeat and taking off to Jubba Hoose. A senior A.S. commander is also reported to have surrendered to Puntland forces.

"...The joint forces are massing in villages located few Kilometers away from the strategic coastal town of Kismayo and the Al shabab fighters began Saturday, vacating from the city to their nearby strongholds in Lower Jubba region..."
http://www.mareeg.com/fidsan.php?sid=25556&tirsan=3

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208260373.html
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Aug 27 2012, 10:01

Jasiri finally ports home

photos and video will be followed
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Aug 27 2012, 13:06

@Anyone wid info, has the Navy already done acceptance trials on this beauty? It would be a shame n a rip off, if after the president inaugrates this warship it is found to be defective during its acceptance trials. Im 100% sure it won't be sent back, going by its stormy history.Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Pictur10
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Aug 27 2012, 13:21

Aboud Moh'd Rogo has been killed, by a gunman's bullet. The gov't just loves to proves me right. Neutral
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Aug 27 2012, 13:29

jasiri wrote:Aboud Moh'd Rogo has been killed, by a gunman's bullet. The gov't just loves to proves me right. Neutral

@Jasiri
Is it the work of A.S. agents?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Aug 27 2012, 13:38

Who is the guy??

KDF running naval exercise before the Jasiri ports home...

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 I3gaA
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Aug 27 2012, 13:48

cylon wrote:Who is the guy??

The story is here:
http://www.the-star.co.ke/national/national/91508-controversial-muslim-cleric-shot-dead

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  The Blue Mon Aug 27 2012, 13:55

jasiri wrote:

@Anyone wid info, has the Navy already done acceptance trials on this beauty? It would be a shame n a rip off, if after the president inaugrates this warship it is found to be defective during its acceptance trials. Im 100% sure it won't be sent back, going by its stormy history.Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Pictur10

I do not see the main gun. When was this photo taken?

The Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Aug 27 2012, 13:59

mogen wrote:

The story is here:
http://www.the-star.co.ke/national/national/91508-controversial-muslim-cleric-shot-dead

I remember this guy he was very eloquent when one of his buddies was abducted by men dressed in police gear and took them to Tsavo and executed them. So is the government behind this one???? or its some rouge forces who had a score to settle??

@The blue that is an old photo when Jasiri was on sea trials a while back
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Aug 27 2012, 14:49

Aboud Moh'd Rogo is a Muslim cleric from Kikambala North Coast. He mainly preaches from Masjid Musa in Majengo-Guraya Mombasa n boy his sermons are something out of this world! Islamic Jihad, gov't persecution n assassinations, war in Somalia..these are among his favourite sermons. Rumour has it that he is responsible for taking many Mombasa youths to Somalia to fight the war on the Al-Shabab side.
At this point i wouldn't exactly know if it's the gov't responsible for it or the Shabab, so i won't speculate. This may stir one hell of a storm in Mombasa.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Aug 27 2012, 15:00

beautifull pics Cylon, anymore where those came from?

Just like i said...kushaharibika Mombasa, demos already in Majengo King'orani. I just hope the police won't respond with force otherwise Msa Island will be hell Mad Mad Mad
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Aug 27 2012, 15:13

jasiri wrote:

Just like i said...kushaharibika Mombasa, demos already in Majengo King'orani. I just hope the police won't respond with force otherwise Msa Island will be hell Mad Mad Mad

Got the pic from nation photostream there are probably more let me check...

I fear that the killing of the cleric may inflame more MRC sentiments across the coast unless the government has a plan for them also??
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Aug 27 2012, 15:26

cylon wrote:
jasiri wrote:

I fear that the killing of the cleric may inflame more MRC sentiments across the coast unless the government has a plan for them also??
MRC guys are playgoup kids, this guy was the real deal! u should see the demos across the Island sa hizi, i chose a very bad time to be here.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 27 2012, 15:45

jasiri wrote:Aboud Moh'd Rogo has been killed, by a gunman's bullet. The gov't just loves to proves me right. Neutral

Man crossed the line, and recrossed back and forth again and again. Court Conviction impossible , coz of our weak and ineffectual anti-Terrorism Law . If it is your call to ''protect and secure'' this Nation and under this circumstance, what would you have done? The fullest extent of his perfidy in corrupting the Coastal youth will soon be manifest in the aftermath of his death - wait and learn! Me, I lose no sleep for this brigand!
According to his wife, Haniya Said Saval, their van had been trailed...the car overtook them and...18 bullets sprayed[/i] on Mr Rogo. Mr Rogo's van swerved off the road where died on the spot.
How many Kenyans and AS do you reckon can group 18-nine-millimetre rounds from a fast-moving platform into a moving evasive head-and-torso and not kill the front-seated passenger inches away, nor critically compromise the two rear-seat passanger from ricochets and pass-through rounds.? I know a good number, none outside Gava!!

Ah! Marka fell early this morning to UGABAB and TFG! Only two significant urban centres now remaining to the AS. Kismayu slowly emptying of AS. Shariff is holding things back with his usual rear-guard BS- now he questions selection of the MPs ( who will vote for a new President) and demands Court intervention!! Other Regions (it is a Federal Constitution under Shariff's attack) are taking up positions for and against Shariff - things could get ugly!

Precising-Strafing by the Bullet-Man - the Deltas dancing! And IAF restricted tech-transfers on enhanced capabilities for 3rd & early 4th generation Fighters.

@Spartan - your Ole Man appears to be sharpening his long knife, man! The Hinds have freaked him terribly. Someone's head is surely on the block over there - hope it ain't yours, buddy!! Very Happy I caught your Sunday Church Choir and Homily on tape, powerful stuff, exactly what a brother would expect to frankly hear from a favorite brother too!

KNS-Jasiri coming home is much, a hell of lot more, for Kenya than having a big armed / armored boat in our Boma! Everything changes, and dramatically too. Ngojeni hapo hapo!!

Happy Katiba Day, Kenyans!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Aug 27 2012, 15:58

jasiri wrote:
cylon wrote:
jasiri wrote:

MRC guys are playgoup kids, this guy was the real deal! u should see the demos across the Island sa hizi, i chose a very bad time to be here.

I see, But police will be out in heavy force to quell any violent protests....
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next