THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Force

+20
Kobooz
one man army
countersniper
Mbaine
vince
Sierra Kilo
areba
georiise
MWAURA
Spartan
Technician
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Flying Crane
Balozi
Sisal Makonge
mJESHI mMOJA
Risasi
Admin
24 posters

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 9 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Sisal Makonge Sat May 21 2011, 23:39

mzalendo wrote:
Olekoima wrote:
mzalendo wrote:About the Mi171 crash from the Kenya air force, our intelligence tell us that the crash was caused due to the pilots “showing off” some of his “new learnt skill” to a group of friends in a drinking spot in juja. thanks to his brilliant ideas he end up burning the taxpayers funds while appease and impress his colleagues and girl friends.

Far fetched. Hili intelligence lina jua chochote kweli?

@ risasi What sorties???

@Olekoima The chopper was written off but the crew survived. The two results never ever go hand in hand. The aircraft end up on its back. See the picture careful again. Surely it must have tripped on something.

if it’s an engine failure then the Russian will replace the aircraft after the investigations let wait and see.

@mzalendo i think this is what risasi was talking about
http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/Kenyanews/Kenya-sends-army-to-Ethiopia-border-12844.html
Sisal Makonge
Sisal Makonge

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Mon May 23 2011, 10:24

Sisal Makonge wrote:
mzalendo wrote:
Olekoima wrote:
mzalendo wrote:About the Mi171 crash from the Kenya air force, our intelligence tell us that the crash was caused due to the pilots “showing off” some of his “new learnt skill” to a group of friends in a drinking spot in juja. thanks to his brilliant ideas he end up burning the taxpayers funds while appease and impress his colleagues and girl friends.

Far fetched. Hili intelligence lina jua chochote kweli?

@ risasi What sorties???

@Olekoima The chopper was written off but the crew survived. The two results never ever go hand in hand. The aircraft end up on its back. See the picture careful again. Surely it must have tripped on something.

if it’s an engine failure then the Russian will replace the aircraft after the investigations let wait and see.

@mzalendo i think this is what risasi was talking about
http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/Kenyanews/Kenya-sends-army-to-Ethiopia-border-12844.html

this is a typical way of Kenya responding to their border issues. they rush to their borders only to realize that most of their equipments are obsolete. then they sadly retreat one by one back to the barracks, with their heads down. Nothing will is going to happen lets wait and see
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23 2011, 11:13

Flying Crane - what the hell are you on about? C;mon, man, stop shooting blanks. Would you care even to a superficial extent substantiate this rather sweeping assertion?

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Mon May 23 2011, 11:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23 2011, 17:22

ole Nkarei wrote:Flying Crane - what the hell are you on about? C;mon, man, stop shooting blanks. Would you care even to a superficial extent substantiate this rather sweeping assertion?
C'mon Tom, this guy's a joke. I'm sure you've read his other posts. Not worth getting upset over.

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue May 24 2011, 11:03

Vitruvian wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:Flying Crane - what the hell are you on about? C;mon, man, stop shooting blanks. Would you care even to a superficial extent substantiate this rather sweeping assertion?
C'mon Tom, this guy's a joke. I'm sure you've read his other posts. Not worth getting upset over.

Hey Vitruvian, welcome.Forget this crane lunatic. It is as if he is paid to paint anything about Kenya in negative light. Pure inferiority complex. Wachana naye.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 24 2011, 11:15

Right you are, gentlemen. But, damn!

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed May 25 2011, 13:17

Risasi, inform us on the procurement and integration of the Dash-III helmets into our air forces.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed May 25 2011, 21:03

jasiri wrote:Risasi, inform us on the procurement and integration of the Dash-III helmets into our air forces.

“if looks could kill”.

the HMD enables a missile to engage a target that the pilot is basically looking at. It is very ideal in dogfight as it reduces the stress and fatigue caused by dog fights. Helmet mounted display is an integral part, of the families of 4th generation Tigers. i.e. the F-5em or and the F-5 III . it enables these Tigers to kill fast moving aircrafts that would otherwise rapidly escape their bore sights.

http://www.deagel.com/Strike-and-Fighter-Aircraft/F-5A-Freedom-Fighter_a000718001.aspx
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 9 Empty Re: Kenya Armed Forces

Post  Guest Wed May 25 2011, 22:11

Well i think its safe to say that Kenya has the best modernized force in the region. I just wanted to ask if our fighter pilots have ever attended the Red Flag exercises and if not have they ever pushed command to attend even one? I believe with the Dash helmets,the ex-jordanian crafts and the new radar system, our boys could show case their talent and capabilities just like the Brazilians have with their F5s in the previous events.

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu May 26 2011, 12:50

Trinitrotoluene wrote:Well i think its safe to say that Kenya has the best modernized force in the region. I just wanted to ask if our fighter pilots have ever attended the Red Flag exercises and if not have they ever pushed command to attend even one? I believe with the Dash helmets,the ex-jordanian crafts and the new radar system, our boys could show case their talent and capabilities just like the Brazilians have with their F5s in the previous events.

Trinitrotoluene huh TNT? This reminds me of my chemistry teacher. Welcome.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Thu May 26 2011, 13:51

so have they been integrated with our F-5's?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Force - Page 9 Empty Re: Kenya Armed Forces

Post  Guest Thu May 26 2011, 22:30

Thanks Olekoima, i feel more welcomed than ever. Now Madaraka day is just about, i`m hoping on seeing some new maneuvers other than the common Immelman(Vertical climb) or the barrel roll, hope that someone here will read this and surprise me. Btw ppl how do you get images uploaded here? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri May 27 2011, 08:05

@ Trinitrotoluene

Visit the 'Useful Hints' page for assistance. If still in trouble, contact admin.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri May 27 2011, 15:00

@ jasiri its good to see ambitious citizens and I presume your questions have no ill intent. But what is posted in the internet goes public and remains so and I can,t ascertain who will read it thereafter. in order to safe guard the interest of the country as a whole and my monthly pay cheque it is best not togo deeper on specifics of items that have not been listed so far. So kindly use your intellect to conclude a picture of what I would have otherwise drawn for you.

@ Trinitrotoluene The aerobatic maneuvers are in line with the timings of the national day events. Unless the master of ceremony requests so in advance the maneuver will most likely remain the same. The barrel roll that you see is not even the stand dog fighting barrel roll. Currently request have been issued to reduce the number of aircrafts during the flight past and also to substituting fast jets with the Tucanos equipped with smoke generators during flight past.

So at the monument the current maneuvers are the standards for our national event . But if you are still interested wait for the air force day celebrations or the caltex air show

Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri May 27 2011, 19:02

Trinitrotoluene wrote: Thanks Olekoima, i feel more welcomed than ever. Now Madaraka day is just about, i`m hoping on seeing some new maneuvers other than the common Immelman(Vertical climb) or the barrel roll, hope that someone here will read this and surprise me. Btw ppl how do you get images uploaded here? scratch

Its going to be one boring day mate. I've seen the preps and they are not half as spectacular. I'd expect because of the Ethiopia and Ugingo the C-in-C would at least order a mini show of might.

@Risasi i get what you say. Don't ask don't tell. When is the Caltex air show? BTW i had no idea Air Force day was an open day like for the one the Navy holds.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01 2011, 16:08

A low steady fly pass, doing a couple of knots he then bunks to his port side, his figure clearly visible through the canopy. The last of the fighters salutes his C in C at Nyayo National stadium as the F5 roars past over my house and quickly disappears on the horizon only leaving me his engine signature to remember him by.

The show wasn't that bad, it still excites me to see the F5s. What the hell happened to the F-15 procurement, was the Air Force interest just brushed under the mat? Rolling Eyes

I just got an abc news documentary (Kill - Shot) on how the USA Seals team IV planned the mission and how the country responded after the news of Osamas` death. Run time is 0:40:00. PM me for a free copy if interested.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Jun 01 2011, 19:40

i wonder what happened to our choppers? None of them flew today, is the border operation so tasking?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Jun 02 2011, 10:01

jasiri wrote:i wonder what happened to our choppers? None of them flew today, is the border operation so tasking?

I think Risasi had already answered this. Read his post above again.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Thu Jun 02 2011, 18:00

Trinitrotoluene wrote:A low steady fly pass, doing a couple of knots he then bunks to his port side, his figure clearly visible through the canopy. The last of the fighters salutes his C in C at Nyayo National stadium as the F5 roars past over my house and quickly disappears on the horizon only leaving me his engine signature to remember him by.

The show wasn't that bad, it still excites me to see the F5s. What the hell happened to the F-15 procurement, was the Air Force interest just brushed under the mat? Rolling Eyes

I just got an abc news documentary (Kill - Shot) on how the USA Seals team IV planned the mission and how the country responded after the news of Osamas` death. Run time is 0:40:00. PM me for a free copy if interested.

We will appreciate you contribution on Osama at this page
https://eastafrican.forumotion.com/t6-bin-laden-is-in-pakistan

Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sat Jun 04 2011, 10:48

What is it with M7 and the Islands in Lake Victoria? Does he want to occupy all of them?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 04 2011, 14:03

Olekoima wrote:What is it with M7 and the Islands in Lake Victoria? Does he want to occupy all of them?
Brother OleKoima, may I suggest that this matter can only be sensibly understood with an expanded geopolitical understanding of this region, particularly the envisaged politico-socio-economic developments into the short term. This Migingo / Ugingo issues is a minor headache in this mix, a detraction that we must not internalized in our Military Planning. A squadron of CDU backed up by a stick of the Deltas can easily retake and hold these islands, and without any killing being necessary- the UPDF/Police there would not even know these chaps had landed until they were staring into camo-blacked faces from a metre away!! The entire Lake Victoria seats atop a great hydro-carbon lake of improbable proportions extending quote off shore into three countries.[u]This Migingo island is a resource-based chess-game, and because our futures are verily tied to huge unexploited mineral richese shared across borders in this region, this Migingo thing has incredible depth propensity to armed conflict if handled in the hot-blooded, gang-ho shoot-and look bravado that one sees expressed by some on ''the-other-places''. And you OleKoima, from the desk you seat on, really ought to have this information part down with you, buddy!! Let's keep a semblance of rational balance on these matters, my friends. I beg, I beg OO!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Jun 04 2011, 16:28

this NTV feauture "The Enemy Within" has me very very uneasy. i can't begin to describe the horror in me just imaging this corporal to be a legit double agent Shocked
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 04 2011, 17:07

jasiri wrote:this NTV feauture "The Enemy Within" has me very very uneasy. i can't begin to describe the horror in me just imaging this corporal to be a legit double agent Shocked

Aw c’mon Jasiri! You not surely been taken in by this hopelessly transparent sting-ops? Do you not recall the general convoluted outlne on the build-up to the 1982 Coup?

Nothing is ever what it seems in such matters, not least by some cowboy-type, amateuristic greenhorn reporter with such a highly recognised television profile as Nammu!! NTV is in virtually every village in Kenya, by gawd, every pub, every brothel,etc. Really it wouldnt be the first manufactured ''investigative'' scoop by these publicity-seeking reporters, buddy!

Rest easy!! Pinch of nose-tobacco at a time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sat Jun 04 2011, 20:35

Olekoima wrote:What is it with M7 and the Islands in Lake Victoria? Does he want to occupy all of them?

I beg to defer with the above military chap. The migigo issue is nothing more then an ascertain of UPDF as a regional power in Africa and of the region. If you feel the Island is rightfully yours come over and retake it. Its guarded by 80 regular policemen. Ya these are police offices and no match to your CDU and what ever troops you have. You can uproot them from the island anytime but you know and very well know as a military chap what will befall your country thereafter.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 04 2011, 22:46

Flying Crane wrote:

I beg to defer with the above military chap. The migigo issue is nothing more then an ascertain of UPDF as a regional power in Africa and of the region. If you feel the Island is rightfully yours come over and retake it. Its guarded by 80 regular policemen. Ya these are police offices and no match to your CDU and what ever troops you have. You can uproot them from the island anytime but you know and very well know as a military chap what will befall your country thereafter.

Flying Crane - War is not a pissing contest. And what are you on about with this claim about Uganda flexing ''regional muscles''? Which ones? Have you any inkling of what you write about, at all? For instance,the difference between a policeman with an AK47 and a fella of the CDU? Do you have any idea of the meal your UPDF is making of it's Somali Deployment? The UPDF only yesterday gave up most of the real-estate in Mogadisho which was taken just recently at the cost of over 50 brave soldiers - overstretched lines that were indefensible, which any Corps Commander ought to have known right from the onset of the offensive. It will take a good number of years, before the UPDF can be termed as a defined Laughing modernised Military Force even within Uganda itself, my brother.

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sat Jun 04 2011, 23:11

Fighting rebels/militias has always been a nightmare for any power. Libya, iraq, cheniya and the list goes on…….. so don,t try and use the Somali on slot or the Lra as a yard stick for the UPDF. at least we are do something be it from the LRA or any neighbors cross over.

. Al shabab cross over downs you helicopters and the next days your generals are sitting in the mess drinking tuskers with young TV news anchor girls. Ethiopia /Sudan crosses over and rape your topless turkana women and the Kenyan army is shameless polishing its boots for a nation parade.

So lets assume migingo has minerals that you don’t want to fight for. What about the other borders that are being raided on??? What do you have to say on them?

UDPF stands might and strong when the playing field is leveled. Theirs the ink get you facts right man.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 04 2011, 23:58

Flying Crane wrote:Fighting rebels/militias has always been a nightmare for any power. Libya, iraq, cheniya and the list goes on…….. so don,t try and use the Somali on slot or the Lra as a yard stick for the UPDF. at least we are do something be it from the LRA or any neighbors cross over.

. Al shabab cross over downs you helicopters and the next days your generals are sitting in the mess drinking tuskers with young TV news anchor girls. Ethiopia /Sudan crosses over and rape your topless turkana women and the Kenyan army is shameless polishing its boots for a nation parade.

So lets assume migingo has minerals that you don’t want to fight for. What about the other borders that are being raided on??? What do you have to say on them?

UDPF stands might and strong when the playing field is leveled. Theirs the ink get you facts right man.

Buddy, your logic and argument is uncontestable, as indeed it has been so declared by others on this very forum. Consequently, i must defer to you since further exchange with you lacks purpose. Kwaheri, ndugu!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sun Jun 05 2011, 01:56

Typical Kenya military standards and behavior. Run away or burry you head in the sand when you can’t contain a confutation. Ndugu yangu when you start deliberating you ought to finish. it not over until the fat lady sit. lets put our money where our mouth is and talk to talk.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 10:20

Flying Crane wrote:Typical Kenya military standards and behavior. Run away or burry you head in the sand when you can’t contain a confutation. Ndugu yangu when you start deliberating you ought to finish. it not over until the fat lady sit. lets put our money where our mouth is and talk to talk.
Mr. Crane, you need to let your flaps down and make a touch down soon, before your wings tear off from stress-fatigue. My response was in laboured politeness to your posts, which most times are indigestible at the very least. Yo seem to get online to beat-your-meat, buddy, and you know damn well this sort of activity cannot be collectively gratifying. So, i choose not to engage with you as it would serve no purpose to look on while you beat-your-meat. Man, tis downright dishonourable, not so, eh? Put substance to your posts, and we shall be happy to engage you,my brudah!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sun Jun 05 2011, 16:45

Flying Crane wrote:

Did i hear you right? UPDF a regional and African power? Come on. This is a disgrace to all other uniforms in the continent. How can a rag tag militia used for propping up the regime in Kampala ever qualify to dine with the more established and more modern armies in the continent? Have they completed their evolution from the bush army it was not so long ago? This UPDF outfit is only there to serve at the whims of one man. Indeed we saw what they did to poor Bysigye, fanning out in large numbers to molest one hapless and unarmed man- a job they could have left to the police. If they are scared of just one harmless man then what are we to make of it when faced with a more serious task? Get serious dude.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next