THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 16 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  mogen Sat Sep 22 2012, 14:25

Nesta wrote:
cylon wrote:Once Kismayo is bagged and tagged i hope the kenyan government will deploy the army corp of engineers to go rebuild the place. Such as roads, upgrading of hospitals, upgrading of the airport etc.. only way we can keep the turks away from our quadrant( then land a KQ plane there and open the place up for kenyan investments).. Then from there we rebuild the road from Mandera all the way to afarmdow, then to kismayo hiring idle somali youth to join in the campaign of rebuilding southern somalia( Azania can work)

I hope the Ole man is thinking about this....

Somalia can go to hell for al i care Mad . We should be thinking about the DRC. So long as there is relative peace and stability, i don't care about zoomalia

@Nesta

Ole Nkarei has put it beautifully but I'll just add what one wiseman @Risasi said 'Somalia and Kenya are tied at the hip and will remain so until kingdom comes'.

s
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 16 Empty Stand-by Brigade et al

Post  Guest Sat Sep 22 2012, 16:02

@Jas - there is lot of cleverly seeded disinformation on the Ethel and Media that shows "tensions" between UGABAG and OLN. Earlier it was vectored on ENDF and KDF. I reckon the originators and runners of this high-echelons campaign are clear to you. It has purpose to just what is coming through even in these pages - increasing disquiet that the AMISOM / IGAD / EAC-expanded is dysfunctional and mired in petty internecine disagreements. Nothing can be further from the truth. Coz the stakes are collectively very high for E AC-expanded and the external drag-elements are absolutely clear as are their motivation. Not even ECOMOG has as seamless an integration of National Strategic priorities in joint military action as AMISOM who Africa is inordinately proud of this far. Sibling rivalry is really all there is to it.

And the reason AMISOM has transitted painlessly in Zoomaliya is credit to the much maligned East African Stnand-by Brigade. Our Command Structures in EAC have grown some synergy which facilitated exploring joint action in Zoomaliya. The DRC/Rwanda buffer AU force will be riding on the back of the Standby Brigade as will future Peace Enforcement in Kenyana - the other African Blocks too will borrow our Matrix. We need to thank the visionary Africans that set this in motion years ago.

Someone is unhappy that GoK had no visible Political presence in the inauguration of the new Zoomaliyq Prezzo. Notice too that of the Troop Contributors to AMISOM, none had a visible Political presence neither- Djibouti's contingent is none belligerent in actual fact. And of the IGAD's Zoomaliya Policy Panelist, only Djibouti and Ethiopia attended. Tis is really because AMISOM makes war in Zoomaliya and the Theatre is yet open. Our presence would have reinforced AS propaganda that the new Government was not a domestic creation but the monkey of IGAD. I assure you all no one will steal this jewel from under our feet coz our survival depends on it.

@Mogen - Cha Town has not fallen but there are SF elements inside it for weeks wrecking havoc as expected. The town is typically very widely spaced and this is why all previous battles to suppress and infest it have always been lengthy affairs. We cut the hydra-heads off the snake will die without further action needed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Sat Sep 22 2012, 21:15

I see the importance of relative peace and stability in
Zoomaliya, I think they are one people that really prove extremely difficult to
work with. They are well known
flipfloppers. Remember Sh. Ahmed Sharrif & OLN?

Report indicates that the new president will not be
attending the special session on Somalia on the sidelines of the
U.N. special assembly. “Apparently, his
tray is full.” My of the opinion is that we should not leave project Azania; but we should retain it as a buffer zone.

Generally, I think that the people of Somalia, are a
troublesome people. They will make it
very difficult for the EAC to work. They
will drag us down worse than the way Tanzania is dragging us down. Same
goes for south sudan.

We should have enough peace To make sure that the we
repatriate the refugees that are currently in NEP. We should then protect our
borders with the intelligence networks in neighboring countries.

We
are supposed to head into a political federation ; do you think if we have
countries like Somalia, and
south sudan
will be able to achieve this?

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Sep 22 2012, 21:38

We
are supposed to head into a political federation ; do you think if we have
countries like Somalia, and
south sudan
will be able to achieve this?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 23 2012, 08:48

If the G3 were to be replaced which assault rifle would be best for KDF? HK 416? AK12?

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 16 Empty Future of al shabaab after the fall of Kismayu

Post  mogen Sun Sep 23 2012, 11:22

What is the future of al shabaab after the fall of Kismayu?

The new Somalia president has asked foreign al shabaab fighters to leave Somalia. Aparently, he is interested in taking to Somalia al shabaabs. He has training and experience in conflict resolution. Besides he has previously negotiated an agreement with al shabaab which allowed him to continue running SIMAD [the university he headed in Mogadishu] while al shabaab chased everyone else from their areas of control. A clear split of the al shabaabs - foreign vs Somali may determine which way they go.

Will the new Somali leader succeed in his dealings with the al-Shabab?

Interesting discussion on a video clip here: http://aje.me/OapBUo
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 16 Empty UGANDA ARMING

Post  Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 08:28

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Russia+says+Uganda++to+buy+six+more+jets/-/688334/1514634/-/fsvt6h/-/index.html

Check this link.Uganda having bought 6 initial sukhois 9 months ago have decided to add another six.our F5s have served us well in the past 3 decades but its the high time we upgraded to a modern multi-role fighter jet.we need a serious deterrent.having SAMs near our western & northern frontiers is also timely

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 16 Empty Why I Think Mogadishu are Thankless -

Post  Nesta Mon Sep 24 2012, 14:10

Better work out with the RasKambooni

Seven civilians have been
shot dead by Kenyan troops advancing towards the al-Shabab stronghold
of Kismayo, a Somali army spokesman has told the BBC.

"It was a deliberate killing," said Adan Mohamed Hirsi.

The Kenyans are part of the pro-government African Union mission in Somalia, which says it is investigating the incident.

The alleged shooting happened about 50km (30 miles) from Kismayo, the largest city still in militant hands.

Kenyan troops intervened in Somalia a year ago after a spate
of cross-border attacks blamed on the al-Qaeda linked al-Shabab group.

Mr Hirsi condemned the latest killings and asked the Somali government to take action.

"This incident is very hurtful," he told the BBC's Somali
service, saying a group of young men were shot outside a shop in the
village of Janay Abdalla.

Mad Mad Mad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19698348

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Mon Sep 24 2012, 14:20

Who is Mohamed Hirsi? speaking for the so called Somali national army? does such an entity exist ?when they have failed to fight alshabab? BBC should stop this propaganda war against KDF

Kenyan defense officials must come out very hard and hot against the BBC to stop this baseless attacks.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Sep 24 2012, 14:28

Nesta wrote:Better work out with the RasKambooni

Seven civilians have been
shot dead by Kenyan troops advancing towards the al-Shabab stronghold
of Kismayo, a Somali army spokesman has told the BBC.

"It was a deliberate killing," said Adan Mohamed Hirsi.

The Kenyans are part of the pro-government African Union mission in Somalia, which says it is investigating the incident.

The alleged shooting happened about 50km (30 miles) from Kismayo, the largest city still in militant hands.

Kenyan troops intervened in Somalia a year ago after a spate
of cross-border attacks blamed on the al-Qaeda linked al-Shabab group.

Mr Hirsi condemned the latest killings and asked the Somali government to take action.

"This incident is very hurtful," he told the BBC's Somali
service, saying a group of young men were shot outside a shop in the
village of Janay Abdalla.

Mad Mad Mad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19698348

I thought, Adan Mohamed Hirsi [Hersi] is a journalist who is known to be sympathetic to al shabaab. Of course, there are people who want al shabaab and Somalia chaos to continue. Anyway, I will need to see an official statement/confirmation from the top SNA brass in sector II. Where is Brig Ismail?
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 16:35

http://mod.go.ke/index.php?page_link=amisom_inv

AS is trying to keep KDF from Chai Town by hijacking Western Media Houses and their Political System. This is War with a ruthless formless unprincipled bunch of thugs without ideological definition. Fighting from behind and sometimes right through her unarmed civilian population. A Soldier in this situation is kept alive by his instinctive reactions - and some mistakes are rightly possible.

How many similar and much more serious incidences were reported in Libya with NATO?

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Mon Sep 24 2012, 16:55

EXACTLY..we see NATO killing civilians every week in other places and hundreds killed by nato in Libya..
THE KDF should carry out a major media blitz by ferrying all those foreign journalists operating from the comfort of manicured green lawns in Nairobi high end suburbs like Karen to the front-line and let them hear from the locals.
what makes me more upset with BBC is that the head of Africa world service DESK IS A WHOLE BLOODED KENYAN who is a personal friend of mine and somehow when i speak with him why his network is sending out anti Kenya propaganda. he is unable to explain...but says there Is a good number of Somali origin reporters working for bbc WHOSE JUDGEMENT IS BIASED.

on a last note ..kdf should just finish this job and work to counter the resulting narrative.
we shall pay a bigger prize if we keep on waiting and waiting.
we should not involve these jonis in any of our plans until we secure the objective.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 16 Empty Guess whose back, back again....

Post  Ned Starks Head Mon Sep 24 2012, 17:11

I know I haven't posted for a looooong time - but I haven't had anything to add to the discussion so I have refrained.

However the hypocrisy of the BBC story really got my blood boiling and compelled me to vent a little - who comes up with such rubbish.
I'm not saying civilian casualties are O.K but rather why is it when the end is in sight all these human concern stories come out of the woodwork like worms.
Its a real shame as OLN so far to my knowledge has minimized civilian casualties much more successfully that any other recent Johnny campaign. Well at least Sammy isn't talking about it yet

According to Wiki just for the battle of Mog which lasted a few days the collateral damage was"
US sources estimate a range of 1,500[3] to 3,000 casualties, including civilians." Put that into perspective with the 7 people allegedly killed during what has been a few months long operation.

Finally despite my lethargy in posting I would like to pass my condolences though late to all the members of KDF, UPDF and AMISOM in general who have lost their lives.

@Ole Nkarei and other uniformed members is there any plan for the GOK to erect a memorial for the soldiers who have lost their lives in the line of duty?

Ned Starks Head
Ned Starks Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 24 2012, 17:53

it is just possible that young fella now under close observation was in the earlier fire-fight at the well that killed his colleague and recognition kicked in of that band which approached his billet - just supposing, we wait official investigation from location.

@Ned Starks Head - if you don't come more often, we all lose out. This becomes a monologue, bro. Weigh in as-and-when.

@C.sniper - you remember how close a fighting unit becomes, no doubt. Losing a member especially after an extensive and dangerous roller-coaster deployment effect the Unit in ways that are unpredictable.

The USARMY does not recognize International Law unless it favors it. How many unarmed civilians do you reckon the American Military has slaughtered globally in the past decade alone? A million? A million-eight-hundred-thousand? And how many Americans are on Trial or under active investigations for this slaughter?

KDF will not embed these Western Journalists in Hot Zone Operations unless they too consent to the same limited security censorship which Kenyan Media subscribes to and which Western Media accepts when embedded in American Military operations in Hot Zones. So they cook their stories with as much dirt as intended were they in Jubba and Gedo under the secure cover of this African Army.

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleBoni Mon Sep 24 2012, 19:20

ole Nkarei wrote:it is just possible that young fella now under close observation was in the earlier fire-fight at the well that killed his colleague and recognition kicked in of that band which approached his billet - just supposing, we wait official investigation from location.

@Ned Starks Head - if you don't come more often, we all lose out. This becomes a monologue, bro. Weigh in as-and-when.

@C.sniper - you remember how close a fighting unit becomes, no doubt. Losing a member especially after an extensive and dangerous roller-coaster deployment effect the Unit in ways that are unpredictable.

The USARMY does not recognize International Law unless it favors it. How many unarmed civilians do you reckon the American Military has slaughtered globally in the past decade alone? A million? A million-eight-hundred-thousand? And how many Americans are on Trial or under active investigations for this slaughter?

KDF will not embed these Western Journalists in Hot Zone Operations unless they too consent to the same limited security censorship which Kenyan Media subscribes to and which Western Media accepts when embedded in American Military operations in Hot Zones. So they cook their stories with as much dirt as intended were they in Jubba and Gedo under the secure cover of this African Army.

@ON, well put Sir. It's just so unfathomable that someone(Sammy, Johnny and all other a** ki**ing cohorts) can stand to raise an accusing finger even after all they have done in Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan etc. Or have they forgotten about http://www.collateralmurder.com/ when a USARMY Apache wreaked havoc in New Baghdad killing dozens of people among the two US Reuters journalist.

But what do they care for anyway. Nothing. Methinks there are just upset with the recent inroads that KDF has been making in Zoomalia. Believe me you, they've seen the bigger picture and they don't like it a bit. The idea of a non neo-colonizable Kenya being at the frontline towards the realization of Kenyana is not something they are comfortable with.

But to soldier on we MUST, lest we get interrupted and lose track of our mission and the overall goal. To the uniforms in this forum, march on gallant soldiers because to win we must but it's NOT going to be a walk in the park. These are just some of the many challenges you'll encounter but I'm confident we'll all emerge victors.

Goodspeed comrades.
UncleBoni
UncleBoni

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Mon Sep 24 2012, 19:42

These kinds of incidents happen in war. They are sometimes unavoidable, and it's always unfortunate for the civilians that are caught up. That said, civilians in the Somalia are apparently very rare lot, I am told. While wanachi in other warzones take to their houses during skirmishes, Somalis remain on the street and observe.

You have no business approaching a highly alert defence an hour or so after it has been attacked by young men in your age group dressed in the same attire like you are donning, especially not when the AS are known to use suicide bombers. This does not in any way mean I am implying that the dead young men brought it on themselves. Just highlighting a situation that always potentially as deadly to armed combatants as it is for civilians.

Now, that spokesperson! Never heard of a worse government spokesperson in my life. Someone should remind him that AMISOM/KDF are allies of his government and that should they fail due to a population he has helped incite, he will be without a job or his life, or both.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Mon Sep 24 2012, 19:49

mchoraji wrote:http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Russia+says+Uganda++to+buy+six+more+jets/-/688334/1514634/-/fsvt6h/-/index.html

Check this link.Uganda having bought 6 initial sukhois 9 months ago have decided to add another six.our F5s have served us well in the past 3 decades but its the high time we upgraded to a modern multi-role fighter jet.we need a serious deterrent.having SAMs near our western & northern frontiers is also timely
@ mchoraji,just read through pages 11-13 or 14,or even the whole blog, ON telling Bulletman not to scare the camels up north,he even suggested i take a trip up north and see what birds can be seen in the atmosphere..so dont worry on that front,airforce is really well covered,guys have done their homework and more

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Mon Sep 24 2012, 21:54

Spartan wrote:These kinds of incidents happen in war. They are sometimes unavoidable, and it's always unfortunate for the civilians that are caught up. That said, civilians in the Somalia are apparently very rare lot, I am told. While wanachi in other warzones take to their houses during skirmishes, Somalis remain on the street and observe.

You have no business approaching a highly alert defence an hour or so after it has been attacked by young men in your age group dressed in the same attire like you are donning, especially not when the AS are known to use suicide bombers. This does not in any way mean I am implying that the dead young men brought it on themselves. Just highlighting a situation that always potentially as deadly to armed combatants as it is for civilians.

Now, that spokesperson! Never heard of a worse government spokesperson in my life. Someone should remind him that AMISOM/KDF are allies of his government and that should they fail due to a population he has helped incite, he will be without a job or his life, or both.

I've always wondered; how was UPDF's initial interaction with TFG troops during the fight in Mogadishu? Did u have these brushes with them? I've always thot that Somalia is very ungrateful and proud. If you check out their forums, A good number speak of AMISOM troops with racism laced disdain forgeting that Mog. is what it is 2day coz of the blood of African troops.

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Mon Sep 24 2012, 22:13

@Risasi, what gives? I saw a very interesting visitor to HKNW today. Any chance the KDF has anything to do with this one? Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 16 Saab_310 Saab launches affordable maritime surveillance aircraft
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Tue Sep 25 2012, 08:58

Nesta wrote:I've always wondered; how was UPDF's initial interaction with TFG troops during the fight in Mogadishu? Did u have these brushes with them? I've always thot that Somalia is very ungrateful and proud. If you check out their forums, A good number speak of AMISOM troops with racism laced disdain forgeting that Mog. is what it is 2day coz of the blood of African troops.

The vast majority of Somalis are appreciative. But racist, I don't think so. Are they Arabs? Do they have a great civilisation? A certain tribe in Uganda were so proud and thought they were 'great' until someone silenced them by asking where their ruins are located.

If they are, it helps we don't know their language and they don't show it overtly.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Tue Sep 25 2012, 09:36

ole Nkarei wrote:http://mod.go.ke/index.php?page_link=amisom_inv

AS is trying to keep KDF from Chai Town by hijacking Western Media Houses and their Political System. This is War with a ruthless formless unprincipled bunch of thugs without ideological definition. Fighting from behind and sometimes right through her unarmed civilian population. A Soldier in this situation is kept alive by his instinctive reactions - and some mistakes are rightly possible.

How many similar and much more serious incidences were reported in Libya with NATO?

ON couldn't agree with u more. Its very easy for people to comment adversely from the safety of their homes. people don't know under what circumstances the "Civy's) were killed. Where they approaching the camp and refused to stop prompting him to open fire? Some of this reactions require split second decision which could decide whether u live or die and as u rightly say one doesn't win a war by dying 4 his country but making the other guy die 4 his. Of course nothing justifies civilian death but its also well known soldiers in battle do snap due to stress let the media guys give the boys a break they have done marvelously this far.

War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
Georges Clemenceau (1841 - 19
29)
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Tue Sep 25 2012, 10:28

ole Nkarei wrote:@Nesta - you have been on this bloc long enough to grasp the Geopolitical imperatives that drives AMISOM,and more specifically to you, OLN. You might want retrace your footsteps to this idea we refer to here as "Kenyana". But allow me to recap in mukhtasari.

A. African is broken down into four Blocks that will synegizes Economies, Politics, Demographics along common Strategic Imperatives. This is to integrate our disjointed and often fractious National efforts of development and security into formidable and workable larger regional Entities that will fight for our survival in a rapidly approaching "Global Village". These Blocks are (I) Arabi-Africa pivoting around Egypt, (ii) present ECOWAS driven by Nigeria, (iii) EAC-Expanded including DRC, Brazzaville, CAR, GoSS, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Zoomaliya and probably Zambia, and (iv) SADC pivoting around J'burg. You can see that Zoomaliya cannot conceivably fit anywhere else.

B. In the Global Village perspective in terms of raw material and markets for consumables, this "EAC- expanded or "Kenyana" for lack ir a better acronym, is unmatched by any other region globally going forward into the next fifty years. The hydrocarbons alone is stupendous in Strategic importance considering traditional fields are projected to expire from 2035 or thereabouts. It is this singular reality that focuses the global attention on this region, why this is the fastest growing region globally, why Zoomaliya has been intentionally kept I'm this sorry state since 1970, why every scavenger species known and unknown have been shamelessly circling this region.

C. The primary reasons for colonialism were duo - raw materials for Western Industrialization and Consumer markets from Western Industrialization output. Today Western desperation for just these same strategic factors IS infinity greater than when colonization started. Therefore this "independence" they gave us was NOT independence but a redesigned Colonialism rebooted. So, raw materials were selectively exploited to control supply and price that guaranteed Western Industrialization continued growth and stability. And hence the choreographed "civil chaos" in Africa for the past fifty years. Now, visualize the Zoomaliya fractridal conflict of a old Nation of ONE Tribe ONE Language ONE Religion ONE culture - inconceivable, ama?

D. Because of the upheavals resultant from the fall of Soviet Union, and some brave and visionary African Leadership, we in Kenyana have broken that Matrix implanted by our estswhile colonizers and findng strength in our Integration we have finally the political and social WILL to bring into the market our precious Raw Materials and to negotiate as equals for access into our Markets of Industrial goods from the world. Competitive International Tendering with maximized benefits TO ourselves. Without Zoomaliya at acceptable peace with itself, the great wealth underground fro Turkana to Lamu will stay underground. And this restive and expansive region of Kenya will remain un-integrated and might easily lead to the collapse of Kenya as we know it. Zoomaliya more than any Country in Kenyana holds the key to the entire Kenyana Region. For instance, LAPSSET is stillborn without Zoomaliya and the Great Lakes will not face the Indian Ocean unless LAPSSET is a reality(the Atlantic sits outside Kinshasa and Eritrea and Djibouti sea by the Red Sea).

It is for this reason the this entire region threw traditional caution to the winds, led by the visionary M7, and despite te strenuous objections of our colonial tormentors we dived into Zoomaliya. She is the key.
Nkash,you're right as always but when Nesta says:
Somalia can go to hell for al i care Mad . We should be thinking about the DRC. So long as there is relative peace and stability, i don't care about zoomalia
,he also has a point in a layman's way.
The known mineral reserves in the DRC ARE 23 TRILLION$!! More than the entire GDP of the Eurozone and the US combined. While Somalia is imperative at securing our eastern flank,the DRC itself makes the whole game worth it.
As you yourself said in these pages recently,the Boers are attempting another robust expedition into these parts and we mustn't let them get one over us. Like Nesta, I see the DRC as the greatest prize but don't overlook the importance of Somalia firmly fixed in Kenyana's orbit. Btw,are there plans for a similar KDF incursion into the Eastern DRC in the near post Kismayu era? If you can't comment,I understand.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Sep 25 2012, 12:18

jasiri wrote:@Risasi, what gives? I saw a very interesting visitor to HKNW today. Any chance the KDF has anything to do with this one? Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 16 Saab_310 Saab launches affordable maritime surveillance aircraft

???no idea. Is she a frequent visitor??

I think it’s an asset taking as sip to or from the SA defense exhibition

deconstructor on Sun Sep 23 2012, 08:48.If the G3 were to be replaced which assault rifle would be best for KDF? HK 416? AK12?.

Deconstructor my man go through earlier pages of KDF you find the answer/answers. Familiarize yourself with previous discussions or you might be listed as an irrelevant inquirer.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Tue Sep 25 2012, 12:59

Risasi wrote:
jasiri wrote:@Risasi, what gives? I saw a very interesting visitor to HKNW today. Any chance the KDF has anything to do with this one? Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 16 Saab_310 Saab launches affordable maritime surveillance aircraft

deconstructor on Sun Sep 23 2012, 08:48.If the G3 were to be replaced which assault rifle would be best for KDF? HK 416? AK12?.

Deconstructor my man go through earlier pages of KDF you find the answer/answers. Familiarize yourself with previous discussions or you might be listed as an irrelevant inquirer.

Bullet man its gud u r back am waiting 4 ur comment on the little birds on the UPDF forum
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 25 2012, 13:11

ole Nkarei wrote:

@Spartan - I Spent some days this week around Rubavu, Rutshuru, Goma, and parts in Kivu. Those fellas have all but secede from Kinshasa; the Tall Man has effectively expanded his Country by Five times as we all danced kwasakwasa with him! It will take more than the Neutral Force to repair this mess, aiseee!

Those queries I posed to you the answers world have served me very , man
Next time I transit through your town, I will halt a while to collect. PM you.

the rwandan prezzy always had big ambitions.knowing his country is small, over populated & resource scarce he set out to influence the eastern parts of DRC.These have a sizeable population of Tutsi / hutus.it has also been speculated that when rwanda sent its troops into DRC some yrs back they plundered resources wantonly.

waiting to see how it plays out

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Sep 25 2012, 13:21

Uzi wrote:
Risasi wrote:

Bullet man its gud u r back am waiting 4 ur comment on the little birds on the UPDF forum

which little birds? rafiki
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Tue Sep 25 2012, 13:51

Uzi wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:http://mod.go.ke/index.php?page_link=amisom_inv

ON couldn't agree with u more. Its very easy for people to comment adversely from the safety of their homes. people don't know under what circumstances the "Civy's) were killed. Where they approaching the camp and refused to stop prompting him to open fire? Some of this reactions require split second decision which could decide whether u live or die and as u rightly say one doesn't win a war by dying 4 his country but making the other guy die 4 his. Of course nothing justifies civilian death but its also well known soldiers in battle do snap due to stress let the media guys give the boys a break they have done marvelously this far.

War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
Georges Clemenceau (1841 - 19
29)
well put Uzi, the bbc also insist on our alignment with raskamboni.hope this will not cause trouble during the kismayu incursion
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 25 2012, 15:34

@Mwaura - lemme develop that line further to illuminate Zoomaliya's centrality in this whole maneno - it is fresh in my mind from shule early this year.

This immense mineral wealth in kenyana serves us nothing when it is underground; it serves the Old Economies when they get it out. It was always intended to be "theirs" and in Strategic Reserve. To even marginally benefit from it, we must take greater control of WHERE IT GOES after we bring it up. So, we band together, break the Colonial Crucible, and turn EAST and to emergent Economies who are themselves as desperate for our raw materials and consumer-markets as we are for better trade terms for our wealth, technology transfers and infrastractural financial support.

But then the volumes needed in this exchange, for it to make a substantial dent in our people's lives, demands a collectivised African Effort - we can feed BRIACS effortless without starving Johnny and Sammy (on our terms, bien entendu). Therefore the Entire Eastern Seaboard from the Gulf of Eden to Maputo is intend to become ONE continuous and seemlessly interconnected PORT and the imports/export gateway into Kenyana and Africa from Asia and South America. LAPSSET is just the opening move on this gigantic Chessboard. And there lies Zoomaliya smack in the middle.

Remember the Western Seaboard of the DRC lacks even rudimentary pretentions of infrastructure to drive any substantive trade in her raw material. She must pivot around Kismaayu Lamu Kilindini Dar el Salaam and Maputo before she grows capacity of her own seaboard.

MWAURA wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:@Nesta - you have been on this bloc long enough to grasp the Geopolitical imperatives that drives AMISOM,and more specifically to you, OLN. You might want retrace your footsteps to this idea we refer to here as "Kenyana". But allow me to recap in mukhtasari.

A. African is broken down into four Blocks that will synegizes Economies, Politics, Demographics along common Strategic Imperatives. This is to integrate our disjointed and often fractious National efforts of development and security into formidable and workable larger regional Entities that will fight for our survival in a rapidly approaching "Global Village". These Blocks are (I) Arabi-Africa pivoting around Egypt, (ii) present ECOWAS driven by Nigeria, (iii) EAC-Expanded including DRC, Brazzaville, CAR, GoSS, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Zoomaliya and probably Zambia, and (iv) SADC pivoting around J'burg. You can see that Zoomaliya cannot conceivably fit anywhere else.

B. In the Global Village perspective in terms of raw material and markets for consumables, this "EAC- expanded or "Kenyana" for lack ir a better acronym, is unmatched by any other region globally going forward into the next fifty years. The hydrocarbons alone is stupendous in Strategic importance considering traditional fields are projected to expire from 2035 or thereabouts. It is this singular reality that focuses the global attention on this region, why this is the fastest growing region globally, why Zoomaliya has been intentionally kept I'm this sorry state since 1970, why every scavenger species known and unknown have been shamelessly circling this region.

C. The primary reasons for colonialism were duo - raw materials for Western Industrialization and Consumer markets from Western Industrialization output. Today Western desperation for just these same strategic factors IS infinity greater than when colonization started. Therefore this "independence" they gave us was NOT independence but a redesigned Colonialism rebooted. So, raw materials were selectively exploited to control supply and price that guaranteed Western Industrialization continued growth and stability. And hence the choreographed "civil chaos" in Africa for the past fifty years. Now, visualize the Zoomaliya fractridal conflict of a old Nation of ONE Tribe ONE Language ONE Religion ONE culture - inconceivable, ama?

D. Because of the upheavals resultant from the fall of Soviet Union, and some brave and visionary African Leadership, we in Kenyana have broken that Matrix implanted by our estswhile colonizers and findng strength in our Integration we have finally the political and social WILL to bring into the market our precious Raw Materials and to negotiate as equals for access into our Markets of Industrial goods from the world. Competitive International Tendering with maximized benefits TO ourselves. Without Zoomaliya at acceptable peace with itself, the great wealth underground fro Turkana to Lamu will stay underground. And this restive and expansive region of Kenya will remain un-integrated and might easily lead to the collapse of Kenya as we know it. Zoomaliya more than any Country in Kenyana holds the key to the entire Kenyana Region. For instance, LAPSSET is stillborn without Zoomaliya and the Great Lakes will not face the Indian Ocean unless LAPSSET is a reality(the Atlantic sits outside Kinshasa and Eritrea and Djibouti sea by the Red Sea).

It is for this reason the this entire region threw traditional caution to the winds, led by the visionary M7, and despite te strenuous objections of our colonial tormentors we dived into Zoomaliya. She is the key.
Nkash,you're right as always but when Nesta says:
,he also has a point in a layman's way.
The known mineral reserves in the DRC ARE 23 TRILLION$!! More than the entire GDP of the Eurozone and the US combined. While Somalia is imperative at securing our eastern flank,the DRC itself makes the whole game worth it.
As you yourself said in these pages recently,the Boers are attempting another robust expedition into these parts and we mustn't let them get one over us. Like Nesta, I see the DRC as the greatest prize but don't overlook the importance of Somalia firmly fixed in Kenyana's orbit. Btw,are there plans for a similar KDF incursion into the Eastern DRC in the near post Kismayu era? If you can't comment,I understand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 26 2012, 01:12

As you'll constate after reading the piece below, which is just one of the numerous such propaganda piece written by Zoomaliya diaspora in intelligentsia, the task we face off-field is as great as that we combat in-Theater. Dr. Fatuma Lamungu is PhD International Relations is New York. And is supposedly a " credible authority on the Horn of Africa" the sort that pollutes Washington's Africa Policy "Think-Tanks". Is it any wonder Sammy's Horn of Africa Policy has the appearance of an East African Gnu / Wildebeast?

As AMISOM completes re-engineering the Zoomaliya dynamics in the Horn of Africa these divisive tactics will accelerate their manifestation in all foras where the Zoomaliya subject will be discussed.

For the record there is not a shred of fact nor even credible conjecture in the story by this Fatuma Nur. Greater commentary than that will clothe it with unjustified respectability.

http://somalilandpress.com/somaliaogaden-men-in-kenya-army-launch-“operation-kill-and-exterminate”-in-somalia’s-jubbaland-35389/

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Wed Sep 26 2012, 02:59

ole Nkarei wrote:As you'll constate after reading the piece below, which is just one of the numerous such propaganda piece written by Zoomaliya diaspora in intelligentsia, the task we face off-field is as great as that we combat in-Theater. Dr. Fatuma Lamungu is PhD International Relations is New York. And is supposedly a " credible authority on the Horn of Africa" the sort that pollutes Washington's Africa Policy "Think-Tanks". Is it any wonder Sammy's Horn of Africa Policy has the appearance of an East African Gnu / Wildebeast?

As AMISOM completes re-engineering the Zoomaliya dynamics in the Horn of Africa these divisive tactics will accelerate their manifestation in all foras where the Zoomaliya subject will be discussed.

For the record there is not a shred of fact nor even credible conjecture in the story by this Fatuma Nur. Greater commentary than that will clothe it with unjustified respectability.

http://somalilandpress.com/somaliaogaden-men-in-kenya-army-launch-“operation-kill-and-exterminate”-in-somalia’s-jubbaland-35389/

@ON
What a horde of rubbish!!! shameless al shabaab sympathizer!! Amazing, there are people who still back the atrocious al kebabs. Perhaps, it is a case of 'the devil you know is preferable to an angel you do not know'. Washindwe.

But on a serious note - for as long as Somali refugees keep fleeing to our country as well as insecurity spilling over we should never accept a lecture from anyone. Al shabaab has caused the deaths of thousands of Somalis. Some murdered just for refusing to let go off their wives. some innocent university graduands etc and no one raises a word. KDF soldier defending his position kills 6 Somalis [can't gurantee they weren't al shabaabs] and the entire world complains. our resolve should be even stronger in the face of all these shenigans.

The al kebabs are simply unable to keep a lid on Somalia and the troubles they are causing there. That is why both the troubles and the refugees cross the border. We, too, have a right to self preservation.

In the meantime, it is interesting to note that Aweys' group, the Hizbul Islam, has announced that it is leaving the al-Shabaabs.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 34 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next