THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Olekoima Tue Oct 02 2012, 18:08

georiise wrote:Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Amisom15
Soldiers of the Kenyan contingent serving with the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) Silhoutted against the sky in Saa Moja 7 KM from Kismayo
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Amisom16
Soldiers
of the Kenyan contingent serving with the African Union Mission in
Somalia (AMISOM) disembark from a vehicle at their Sector Headquarters
in the town of Dhobley
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Amisom17
Soldiers
Somalia (AMISOM) walk past a watch tower at their Sector Headquarters in
the town of Dhobley, Southern Somalia
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Amisom18
Brigadier
Anthony Ngere (centre) the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM)
commander of Sector Two and head of the Kenyan contingent serving with
AMISOM, discusses with senior officers at their Sector Headquarters in
the town of Dhobley,
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Amisom19
Soldiers
Somalia (AMISOM) line up as part of a re-supply convoy at their Sector
Headquarters in the town of Dhobley, Southern Somalia.

The tank here looks like a T-72. Is it?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Tue Oct 02 2012, 20:54

Feels great to be back and part of this blogging community!!!

A BIG UP!! to our boys down in SOM for their exemplary work which is not only defining but also that cements the motherland together as a nation. The events of the last few days have not only set standards in Military strategy but also in the warfare against terror. The brainwork that has been employed in this theatre sends a clear message that KDF is not to be compared with other uniforms in the region.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Tue Oct 02 2012, 21:10

Am reading news from other sites about a massive explosiontargeting somali national army soldiers entering a booby trapped administratiive building in the centre of town.seems like it was detonated by remote. Me thinks the amsom should avoid entering any structures until declared safe by experts.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Oct 03 2012, 00:17

@Olekoima 'the elder'...It is a Vickers tank. The T-72 turret is more sloped than that silhouette.
@C. Sniper, Mbuzi ni Kismayu sio? Laughing Laughing Laughing
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty proud to be Kenyan.

Post  mashaa Wed Oct 03 2012, 02:40

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 DnKISMAYU2909kyt

why the back and forth of who supplied what? Bottom line our men & women did a superb job! This is when you seatback and say "najivunia kuwa mkenya"

mashaa

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Wed Oct 03 2012, 03:25

countersniper wrote:Am reading news from other sites about a massive explosiontargeting somali national army soldiers entering a booby trapped administratiive building in the centre of town.seems like it was detonated by remote. Me thinks the amsom should avoid entering any structures until declared safe by experts.

@C.Sniper
Explosions in Kismayu happened at a former al shabaab base. Positions now manned by SNA and Ras Kamboni Militia. Al-Shabaab claim responsibility. No casualties.

There is work to be done there but the alshaytans' mischief will be defeated.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty Kericho sweet tea in Chismimayu!!

Post  Guest Wed Oct 03 2012, 08:37

http://www.nation.co.ke/Features/DN2/Inside+the+battle+for+Kismayu+/-/957860/1522838/-/u42ww8/-/index.html

Howdy, brothers and sisters. A quick pop-up for a breather. I see each one of you is holding a mug of pipping hot Kericho Tea, by gawd!! I told you Kismayu would not be a 'Mogadishu' way back last year.

This DN story is pretty much factual about the general plot of how it happened. Heavily redacted, of course, and crafted by the KDF-Communication Office in response to the hunger from Kenyans to know kidogo how Kismayu went down,but......
So, nibble on this one, specific stories,analysis and photos to follow soon. But the Theatre is still hot, and everyone that went in is still in.

Are there still skepticism about your Military, anymore? And why it makes no justifiable sense to send us against some tribal militia from Ethiopia revenge-striking their cousins in Kenya? Surely the direction of ''shared-security'' under-pining the future of Kenyana must be clearer now even to the skeptics, eh? See Sammy, Johnny, Israeli, and all manner of carnivores are fighting each other yapping to take credit from KDF.

Gotta go. Another ten days or so and rotations-out begin.

Najivunia kuwa Mkenya.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 03 2012, 09:09

The SOCOM component will rotate out of Chai Town in a week or so. And revert to traditional short insertions with specifically crytic objectives. AS is dispersed, and funnelled into a reduced territory between Chai-town-Afmadow and our border, and our hunting licenses are about ready and unlimited in quota!

There is a lot of (expected) misinformation that is sprouting about now on the Kismayu take-down, all by Western Intelligence and their gullible Media, designed to take the Thunder away from this purely EAC effort for obvious reasons. Though I have not had opportunity to read through the backlog of posts and catch up on Media reports, I suspect there is a hell of confusing claims carried out in Western Media and their Uncle-Toms in our midst. But like @Vitruvian tweeted me a while back, the African ''must not be permitted to gloat over the all-powerful, never-wrong, magically-capable Mzungu's Zoomaliya failures in our celebrations of this spectacular African result''. @Vutrivian advised me not to let these stories twist my nose outta joint, and that is very sensible advise I want to sling out to you'all.

Every facet of this complex operation was conceived, crafted and developed, triggered and ran, strictly in the same manner that we began Operation Linda Nchi - we told no one!! Not even Corps HQ (sorry brother @Spartan!) was in more than the periphery detail of it. Ati Sammy, Johnny, Francois, Jacob ''played critical roles in...'' is the most pungent toilet-odor put out this year!! - beyond their very reluctantly supplying some equipment, and periodic Satellite photography of some AS Locations, hakuna Mzungu aliyehusika hata kidogo. Hakuna, bana!!

Certainly it is clear manifestation of just what is possible, on all fronts of our sociatal endeavors, in Kenyana if we are not distracted by colonial-era irrelevancy. Certainly now the M23 who I am informed have been closely monitoring AMISOM's thunderous progress in Zoomaliya, will take serious any undivided and unequivocal warnings from the EAC to disengaged and disband before the EAC kicks their arses all over Kivu and Ituri! Sammy is playing ball on this one, and has publically challenged the Tall One to publically denouce the M23 - to obviate his support for them covertly or overtly when the EAC 'Neutral Force" moves against them!

For those gluttonous Conglomerates that have been hedging their Investments in our Economies at the uncertainities of the security of our Region, no other clearer message would have sufficed. It is certain now Kenyana can ''police'' insurrections effectively and quickly, diplomatically and militarily - without the usual bumbling interferances of the usual allpowerful culprits!! Now we need to close out the entire Zoomaliya Theatre. Effectively and firmly, and without fracturing into our traditional little Nation-States.

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Wed Oct 03 2012, 10:39

ole Nkarei wrote:...There is a lot of (expected) misinformation that is sprouting about now on the Kismayu take-down, all by Western Intelligence and their gullible Media, designed to take the Thunder away from this purely EAC effort for obvious reasons. Though I have not had opportunity to read through the backlog of posts and catch up on Media reports, I suspect there is a hell of confusing claims carried out in Western Media and their Uncle-Toms in our midst. But like @Vitruvian tweeted me a while back, the African ''must not be permitted to gloat over the all-powerful, never-wrong, magically-capable Mzungu's Zoomaliya failures in our celebrations of this spectacular African result''. @Vutrivian advised me not to let these stories twist my nose outta joint, and that is very sensible advise I want to sling out to you'all.

Every facet of this complex operation was conceived, crafted and developed, triggered and ran, strictly in the same manner that we began Operation Linda Nchi - we told no one!! Not even Corps HQ (sorry brother @Spartan!) was in more than the periphery detail of it. Ati Sammy, Johnny, Francois, Jacob ''played critical roles in...'' is the most pungent toilet-odor put out this year!! - beyond their very reluctantly supplying some equipment, and periodic Satellite photography of some AS Locations, hakuna Mzungu aliyehusika hata kidogo. Hakuna, bana!!

An amazing feat they accomplished. Very annoying indeed to see every Tom, Harry and Dick running about claiming a piece of the glory. Washindwe.

Pic: Soldiers celebrate outside Kismayu University. Swali- Do the SNA soldiers use the same type of gun as the KDF chaps?
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Kdf_sn10

Video clip: KDF in Kismayu

https://youtu.be/Z40Rrv8SKdg

Last edited by mogen on Wed Oct 03 2012, 11:56; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Wed Oct 03 2012, 11:48

just watching mudavaDI BEING GRILLED ON HARD TALK now BBC world news....aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Wed Oct 03 2012, 12:14

Last edited by Nesta on Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:08; edited 1 time in total

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty XAXIER OMOMDI

Post  countersniper Wed Oct 03 2012, 12:28

if he joined in 2002.. he must be somehow not above rank of major,most likely a captain...to be able to lead a small strike force of special forces
if he is a major ..that means he commands a force larger than a company of over 120 men... but since the strike forces operate in teams of platoon size and further split in teams of five am willing to bet he is a captain by rank
i would be amazed if he is any other higher or lower rank.
but i will find out shortly from my contacts
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Wed Oct 03 2012, 12:44

And this rule of someone retiring after staying for 10 years in the same rank, isn't it expensive for the military? I know of someone who's just retired as a captain (he joined as a cadet too) The guy is not even 40; he'll be earning pension for the rest of his life Shocked

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Wed Oct 03 2012, 13:01

In one of the KDF’s best kept secrets, a force made up of the 3KR battalion, a company from the 20 Para Battalion, Special Forces and Rangers Strike

Last edited by Al Bashir on Thu Oct 04 2012, 01:17; edited 1 time in total
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Wed Oct 03 2012, 13:52

Nesta wrote:And this rule of someone retiring after staying for 10 years in the same rank, isn't it expensive for the military? I know of someone who's just retired as a captain (he joined as a cadet too) The guy is not even 40; he'll be earning pension for the rest of his life Shocked

that was the expectation largely ...but not strictly... especially when moi was in charge...it was expected that one moves up ranks every five years or so and the training was to be facilitated to achieve this.

things were somewhat gridlocked until the famous Tonje rules which ensured people moved up and trained on merit..
kibakis first term messed up abit by fast tracking some individuals and also breaking the Tonje rule on the top leadership of the Kenyan military.

but things seem to be stabilizing and you should see rapid changes in rankings as a result of OLN where the kdf has moved to a more focused military philosophy of regional kenyanalike integration.my two cents only please.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Wed Oct 03 2012, 14:19

since ON has stated that everything was done and done by ourselves....i'd love a snippet in to the use of drones, do we have the israeli heron UAV? Raven?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z40Rrv8SKdg&feature=youtu.be nice video right there esp to see C.Oguna in fatigues heh
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Wed Oct 03 2012, 14:50

just wondering if the Lt colonel ASSAVA referred to in the daily nation article as the officer commanding the men from the highly capable 5th battalion is the same GUY i knew at KAFTEC as a trainee aircraft technician in 1985/6 as DOUGLASS ASSAVA?
who later was posted to 50th ACB at embakasi...then specialized in the MD 500 CHOPPER in the USA at Massachusetts?by the way 5 KR battalion is better known as a support battalion.
back in those days we used to call the 5KR as the group of last men standing...when they are in town to support any action you knew things are thick..

"The troops were “deployed with discrimination”, meaning only the
right men were to be used in the right places. Under Commanding Officer
(CO) Lt Col Hassan, the 9KR battalion, made up of about 1,000 men,
advanced on foot throughout the 40-kilometre stretch from Jana Cabdalla
to Kismayu, their vehicles trailing them and only carrying necessary
equipment and supplies. The reason for this was to avoid rushing and
possibly triggering land mines and IEDs along the way.

The other advantage in advancing on foot through
the jungle was to enable them comb a larger area on their way to
Kismayu, something they would have been less effective at had they used
vehicles.

Behind the 9KR Battalion, 100 men from the 5KR Battalion under the command of Lt Col Assava offered protection to the men ahead."
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Wed Oct 03 2012, 16:08

content deleted by self

Last edited by mogen on Thu Oct 04 2012, 01:20; edited 2 times in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Wed Oct 03 2012, 16:10

countersniper wrote:just wondering if the Lt colonel ASSAVA referred to in the daily nation article as the officer commanding the men from the highly capable 5th battalion is the same GUY i knew at KAFTEC as a trainee aircraft technician in 1985/6 as DOUGLASS ASSAVA?
who later was posted to 50th ACB at embakasi...then specialized in the MD 500 CHOPPER in the USA at Massachusetts?by the way 5 KR battalion is better known as a support battalion.
back in those days we used to call the 5KR as the group of last men standing...when they are in town to support any action you knew things are thick..

"The troops were “deployed with discrimination”, meaning only the
right men were to be used in the right places. Under Commanding Officer
(CO) Lt Col Hassan, the 9KR battalion, made up of about 1,000 men,
advanced on foot throughout the 40-kilometre stretch from Jana Cabdalla
to Kismayu, their vehicles trailing them and only carrying necessary
equipment and supplies. The reason for this was to avoid rushing and
possibly triggering land mines and IEDs along the way.

The other advantage in advancing on foot through
the jungle was to enable them comb a larger area on their way to
Kismayu, something they would have been less effective at had they used
vehicles.

Behind the 9KR Battalion, 100 men from the 5KR Battalion under the command of Lt Col Assava offered protection to the men ahead."

... 5KR was to be "converted" to a Ranger Battalion, i understand most of the former 5KR were to redistributed to other infantry units...
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Wed Oct 03 2012, 17:00

mogen wrote:
countersniper wrote:just wondering if the Lt colonel ASSAVA referred to in the daily nation article as the officer commanding the men from the highly capable 5th battalion is the same GUY i knew at KAFTEC as a trainee aircraft technician in 1985/6 as DOUGLASS ASSAVA?
......Behind the 9KR Battalion, 100 men from the 5KR Battalion under the command of Lt Col Assava offered protection to the men ahead."

@C.Sniper
I think they are talking about a different guy called: Lt Col Jimmy Ingavo Assava

contents removed by self

Last edited by countersniper on Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:11; edited 1 time in total
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty Anonymity of Uniforms in Theatre.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 03 2012, 17:45

We are breaking essential security protocols diverging personal details of serving Uniforms in Theatre, and more particularly elements in the 30th and 40th. Endangers them and their extended wapendwa, make them insecure and ineffectual in present Theatre and future deployments - and these will be many, many, going forth.

I beg, I beg, O, lets maintain protocols of anonymity on the Blog!

@C.Sniper - you know this as well as the next Uniform, aisee!

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Oct 03 2012, 17:57

I think this line of discussion is inadvertently putting the lives of the families of some of our soldiers at risk. There can only be a handful of Assavas serving in 5KR. Next we will start mentioning by name primary schools and churches we went to together. Now, what stops a vengeful Al Shabab agent/sympathiser from taking a bus to that place and dispensing his form of vengeance? I doubt if Ole Nkarei, Risasi, Mjeshi MMoja etc would like to be the subject of such discussion.

Last edited by jasiri on Thu Oct 04 2012, 18:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sensitivity)
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:09

my apologies.. i got carried away.

perhaps i should remove the offending remarks
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:12

jasiri wrote: this line of discussion is inadvertently putting the lives of the families of some of our soldiers at risk.

Point taken; i've deleted the post; maybe others can do the same?

Nesta

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:13

O.N seems we posted on the same time, pole.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:14

ole Nkarei wrote:We are breaking essential security protocols diverging personal details of serving Uniforms in Theatre, and more particularly elements in the 30th and 40th. Endangers them and their extended wapendwa, make them insecure and ineffectual in present Theatre and future deployments - and these will be many, many, going forth.

I beg, I beg, O, lets maintain protocols of anonymity on the Blog!

@C.Sniper - you know this as well as the next Uniform, aisee!

my apologies..sincerely...
but the daily pres did not do well either by mentioning names and exact roles in the war theater..
however i have deleted my remarks and will attempt to contact the assavas directly especially Douglass .
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty Anonymity of Uniforms in Theatre

Post  Guest Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:22

@C.Sniper - we are brothers, all of us. If you could remove them posts, a lot of your brothers will breathe easier! Thanks buddy.
@Nesta - you too, mate! And thanks a whole lot.

Any media articles on OLN ARE cleared by the KDF-Brass before it printed. Any names mentiond in them are ''allowed'' by the Brass because it is expedient. Brig. Ngere has a whole Plantoon of mean-looking killers of the 40th that shadows him every step he makes. Day and Night!! His Wapendwas too are more secure than the Central Bank! Not so the others mentioned here.

@Hey Jas - I know you are jealous missing out on the action!! Smile Smile How are you keeping?

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:28

ole Nkarei wrote:@C.Sniper - we are brothers, all of us. If you could remove them posts, a lot of your brothers will breathe easier! Thanks buddy.
@Nesta - you too, mate! And thanks a whole lot.

Any media articles on OLN ARE cleared by the KDF-Brass before it printed. Any names mentiond in them are ''allowed'' by the Brass because it is expedient. Brig. Ngere has a whole Plantoon of mean-looking killers of the 40th that shadows him every step he makes. Day and Night!! His Wapendwas too are more secure than the Central Bank! Not so the others mentioned here.

@Hey Jas - I know you are jealous missing out on the action!! Smile Smile How are you keeping?
You can't describe the feeling man. . . Im barelly surviving on scraps of info i dig up. You guys have this op veiled thicker than an Afghani burqa!
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:37

ok brothers...
sorted out i hope..i have removed my posts as expected...
OLE
another thing has come up that bothers me.....HUYU JAMAA kutoka nyankole kingdom ame weka wanajeshi elfu tano huko mpaka ya kenya/uganda....ati kutafuta karamojong cattle raiders..5000? THIS IS TOO MUCH.what do you guys think?

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1523908/-/xtc5qbz/-/index.html
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Oct 03 2012, 19:35

countersniper wrote:ok brothers...
sorted out i hope..i have removed my posts as expected...
OLE
another thing has come up that bothers me.....HUYU JAMAA kutoka nyankole kingdom ame weka wanajeshi elfu tano huko mpaka ya kenya/uganda....ati kutafuta karamojong cattle raiders..5000? THIS IS TOO MUCH.what do you guys think?

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1523908/-/xtc5qbz/-/index.html
I doubt if in the spirit of good neighbourliness M7 could deploy such a large force without informing the GoK. However if he did that then it shows a huge problem under the surface (possibly OLN related).
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next