THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Olekoima Fri Oct 12 2012, 16:03

jasiri wrote:
Spartan wrote:
Olekoima wrote:Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 KAF_GADFLY_SAM_missiles

Look at this, i just love it- KAF GADFLY SAM.

Actually, that is an SA-125 Neva/Pechora, NATO designation SA-3 Goa. Very potent system if you asked me, it was the same system whose radar was modified by Col. Zoltan in Serbia to bring down the purpotedly stealth F-17 'NightHawk' in Serbia. And they are quite proliferated in this region (think Ethiopia, Tanzania, UG, Zambia and even Somalia, yes, Somalia had it up to around 1991).
This pic i believe was taken from Wiki, funny enough there is no accompanying link to prove we have the Pechora.

You don't really trust Wiki @Jasiri, do you? Sometimes some basic things in there are actually true.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Oct 12 2012, 17:20

Olekoima wrote:
jasiri wrote:
Spartan wrote:
Olekoima wrote:Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 KAF_GADFLY_SAM_missiles

Look at this, i just love it- KAF GADFLY SAM.

Actually, that is an SA-125 Neva/Pechora, NATO designation SA-3 Goa. Very potent system if you asked me, it was the same system whose radar was modified by Col. Zoltan in Serbia to bring down the purpotedly stealth F-17 'NightHawk' in Serbia. And they are quite proliferated in this region (think Ethiopia, Tanzania, UG, Zambia and even Somalia, yes, Somalia had it up to around 1991).
This pic i believe was taken from Wiki, funny enough there is no accompanying link to prove we have the Pechora.

You don't really trust Wiki @Jasiri, do you? Sometimes some basic things in there are actually true.
Not really, i understand how easy it is to change and edit info on Wiki. I was part of the Wiki Kiswahili project.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Oct 12 2012, 18:06

by the way, has a clear picture surfaced of 'our' chinooks? with op linda nchi ongoing someone should have been able to manage a shot by now.

Last edited by jasiri on Fri Oct 12 2012, 18:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lugha mbovu)
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Fri Oct 12 2012, 19:46

jasiri wrote:by the way, has a clear picture surfaced of 'our' chinooks? with op linda nchi ongoing someone should have been able to manage a shot by now.

@jasiri. This a clip from a couple of years ago on the lead up to OLN. The color scheme however seems to be sammy's. Not sure if there have been other sightings ever since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=4cTFqOCJhhA
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Fri Oct 12 2012, 19:56

jasiri wrote:
Not really, i understand how easy it is to change and edit info on Wiki. I was part of the Wiki Kiswahili project.

I was a part of this too at its founding. I got frustrated with the poor language that was being parsed as kiswahili.
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 13 2012, 10:10

jasiri wrote:by the way, has a clear picture surfaced of 'our' chinooks? with op linda nchi ongoing someone should have been able to manage a shot by now.

They weren't kenya's.they were participating in a joint military exercise with sammy's boys somewhere near lamu.
I once also sighted two in nanyuki being used by johnies during their kenyan training.when they left, they left with them

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty KENYAN MILITARY PHOTOS.

Post  countersniper Sat Oct 13 2012, 13:38

someone has posted some photos of Kenyans operating in KISMAYU ON this military photos blog
take your time ans scroll thru this link. there are about 40 very nice kdf photos released on this website

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?218482-Today-s-Pic-s-Friday-OCT-5th
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sat Oct 13 2012, 15:19

countersniper wrote:someone has posted some photos of Kenyans operating in KISMAYU ON this military photos blog
take your time ans scroll thru this link. there are about 40 very nice kdf photos released on this website

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?218482-Today-s-Pic-s-Friday-OCT-5th

Thanks for the Link, Tuko imara angani na ardhini,

[img]Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Ki7710[/img][img]

Couldnt help noticing the differences between the two fighters below:

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Ki8510[/img]

Happy KDF day Hip hip hooray!! cheers cheers :

Last edited by Uzi on Sat Oct 13 2012, 15:40; edited 2 times in total
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty Technicals

Post  Guest Sat Oct 13 2012, 15:27

@Countersniper!
I like the mil photos.......,can sport the killer badboys(RSF/SAS) there!
just to pose a querry out of curiosity, when did KDF start using the Technicals esp Landcruisers?
I want to believe its only in OLN otherwise Toyota's has never been in our inventory given the kit structure & all that

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sat Oct 13 2012, 16:38

THE Landcruizer has more range due to two large fuel tanks enabling to cover up to 1600 kilometers easily and its more powerful six cylinder 4500 cc power plant is very very reliable.

i have once driven one of these from Mombasa to Kigali within four days and only refueled once along the way in Uganda
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sat Oct 13 2012, 20:40

I was wondering what will be the replacement vehicles of the Panhards APV and the other aging vehicles...

I think the Sphinx ERC-90 imo would be a great replacement of the panhards

Heres a video

Lets still keep the french on bait by us continuing to buy there tech
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sun Oct 14 2012, 00:00

sagafoot wrote:@Countersniper!
I like the mil photos.......,can sport the killer badboys(RSF/SAS) there!
just to pose a querry out of curiosity, when did KDF start using the Technicals esp Landcruisers?
I want to believe its only in OLN otherwise Toyota's has never been in our inventory given the kit structure & all that

@sagafoot Land cruiser; a standard 1 ton utility truck for KDF. Replaced the Landrovers.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sun Oct 14 2012, 00:04

Chai town port and enviros
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 38339210

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 39965011
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sun Oct 14 2012, 08:04

these guys are looking cool and deadly.even smarter and comparable to most elite western forces in combat gear
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Oct 14 2012, 08:25

countersniper wrote:THE Landcruizer has more range due to two large fuel tanks enabling to cover up to 1600 kilometers easily and its more powerful six cylinder 4500 cc power plant is very very reliable.

i have once driven one of these from Mombasa to Kigali within four days and only refueled once along the way in Uganda

I love them. had one with three fuel tanks. main tank=92 Litres, subtank = 48litres, 3rd tank using LPG 76 litres. You can cover one hell of a distance without refuelling. thing is very powerful too. does uphills fully loaded quite easily.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty KENYA DEFENSE FORCES DAY

Post  Guest Sun Oct 14 2012, 08:37

In solemn remembrance and celebration of the service and ultimate sacrifice of all our fallen Heroes in defense of our Motherland for the past fifty years.

To re-dedicate and re-commit ourselves individually and collectively to our sacred duty in the service to our Motherland in line with our Kiapo cha .....We will never let down the Kenyan People.

To take stock of how far we have come, noting both the successes and hindrances of this journey and to set our sight firmly in the present and future.

To give our thanks and gratitude to Kenyans and our Motherland for their trust, confidence, support and sacrifice for the Kenya Defense Forces.

To beseech God almighty to bless this Our Nation and to make it His Dwelling Place.

May I request each one or uw to reflectively sing one Stanza of The National Anthem today to re-dedicate themselves to our Motherland. Amina na tena Amina!

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Oct 14 2012, 08:43

ole Nkarei wrote:In solemn remembrance and celebration of the service and ultimate sacrifice of all our fallen Heroes in defense of our Motherland for the past fifty years...
May I request each one or uw to reflectively sing one Stanza of The National Anthem today to re-dedicate themselves to our Motherland. Amina na tena Amina!

@ole Nkarei
Seconded, bro. It is a special day, indeed
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri Sun Oct 14 2012, 08:53

I would like to salute all the men and women who have taken upon themselves to serve and defend our mother nation.. also all those who have lost their lives in line to their calling.. We appreciate u today and continue to celebrate your bravery, professionalism and sacrifice.. all of u are the pride of our nation.. God bless u all and God bless Kenya and East Africa as a whole..
SS Jamuhuri
SS Jamuhuri

Back to top Go down

Post  livefire Sun Oct 14 2012, 11:16

Salute to our gallant forces, actively serving and inclusive of the fallen brothers. Good work, a truelly patriotic moment for Kenya an effort you sincerely pursued without fear. HONGERA WANAJESHI WA KENYA!
Aside; Munyanya made it to KDF history books as the face/symbol of the ultimate price and objective of OLN, the capture of Kismayu. BRAVO!
livefire
livefire

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty KDF Day

Post  Kobooz Sun Oct 14 2012, 12:06

I salute all our gallant soldiers Air, Sea, Land. You not only made our country proud actually also revived the once patriotic Kenyan spirit! May God be with you, May God bless our beloved nation Kenya.

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty good morning, al shabaab

Post  mogen Sun Oct 14 2012, 12:35

good photo

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Kdf_ta10
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Sun Oct 14 2012, 14:58

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Dnfron10

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Dnkdfd10

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Dnkdfd13

We celebrate you our dear warriors, hold the shield with all your strength and might and courageously continue defending our beloved motherland. It is because of you that our nation is counted amongst the GREAT!! Hongera!!

Last edited by Sierra Kilo on Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:13; edited 2 times in total
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 14 2012, 21:02

"...We will remember you always, in the morning....in the evening.....at sunrise and at the sunset. And as the seasons change, your memory will never fade. Fare well"

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Sun Oct 14 2012, 21:22

Watched a bit of the live ceremony and the Playing of the Retreat stirred my heart ... our uniformed men and women have done us proud, the have clearly set the stage and defined what patriotism means...

“God of our fathers, who by land and sea have ever lead us to victory… Grant to our armed forces that disciplined valor
and mutual confidence which insures success in war. Let me not mourn for the men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heroes have lived. If it be my lot to die, let me do so with courage and honor in a manner which will bring the greatest harm to the enemy, and please, oh Lord, protect and guide those I shall leave behind. Give us the victory, Lord ”

General George S. Patton
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:46

Just ignore Sammy's boys and you get a fitting tribute. To ALL the the AMISOM soldiers lost in battle (esp the 79 Burundi Soldiers) The seed of peace has been watered by the blood of these soldiers, may the people of Somalia guard it enough to enjoy it's fruits.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Oct 14 2012, 22:54

mchoraji wrote:

They weren't Kenya's. they were participating in a joint military exercise with sammy's boys somewhere near lamu.
I once also sighted two in Nanyuki being used by Johnnies during their Kenyan training.when they left, they left with them
Please go back to the KDF pages we have 'locked'. actually the Manda one, Edged Mallet 04, are not Chinooks but CH-46 Sea Knight (or baby chinook as Areba puts it). There was a grainy picture that Mjeshi uploaded here sometimes back of two CH-47's in a desert camo unseen elsewhere. Apparently this were ours. Johnny uses an olive green drab on their birds and Sammy's is somewhat close to black. What i was asking for is a clearer picture of this two dessert camo'd Chinooks.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Oct 15 2012, 05:00

Sierra Kilo wrote:

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Dnfron10

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Dnkdfd10

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Dnkdfd13

We celebrate you our dear warriors, hold the shield with all your strength and might and courageously continue defending our beloved motherland. It is because of you that our nation is counted amongst the GREAT!! Hongera!!

KDF Day celebrations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K9CMgL0Io6o
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty MRC Chairman Omar Mwamnuazi arrested

Post  mogen Mon Oct 15 2012, 10:00

Mombasa Republican Council chairman Omar Mwamnuazi was arrested in Kwale following an exchange of fire with police in which 2 of his bodyguards were killed. What is disturbing is the fact that Omar Mwamnuazi is a former KDF soldier.

Standard Online wrote:Reports say there was a gunfight at the home of Mwamnuazi before he was arrested that led to the killings. The chairman is a former soldier...
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000068457&pageNo=1

Omar Mwamnuazi
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Mrc_ch10
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 27 Empty China to deepen Strategic Military nexus with Africa - Unipolar Caucasian axis stranglehood in Africa in trouble.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 15 2012, 10:18

http://allafrica.com/stories/201210140422.html

Interesting times ahead. With greater strategic military engagement with Africa through established Regional Bodies combined with credit financing for Development now equal to a combined IMF and World Bank, China might just pull Africa out of our perpetual poverty in her quest own survival and development.

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Oct 15 2012, 10:26

ole Nkarei wrote:http://allafrica.com/stories/201210140422.html

Interesting times ahead. With greater strategic military engagement with Africa through established Regional Bodies combined with credit financing for Development now equal to a combined IMF and World Bank, China might just pull Africa out of our perpetual poverty in her quest own survival and development.

China beats the 'West' hands down thanks to the 'Third World' tag that they wear with pride alongside many underdeveloped countries. They have used this in such a clever manner that no single developing country looks at them the way Western countries are viewed by many 'Third World' countries. China is often seen as a bigger, well-endowed brother. The non-interference bla bla... is part of their dominate-and-control strategy and it is working very well for them. Unfortunately, self-interest is their Archille's heel as it would eventually turn the developing countries' citizens against their benevolent big brother. In this respect, their change in policy is certainly understandable but it is going to be interesting to see how well they balance the tricky issues of development partnership and security. Will they continue to turn a blind eye even in cases of despicable human rights abuses on the continent? Certainly, supporting despots [eg Equatorial Guinea's Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo], who abound in impoverished countries, can backfire.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next