THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+52
pacifist
MasterChief
mchoraji
firewall
timoh
Kepler-Euler
tres impoli
jasiri
Olekoima
cylon
mashaa
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Technician
SIAT
SS Jamuhuri
mJESHI mMOJA
georiise
Observer
mbs
Ole Sidai
Al Bashir
HokumA
Sierra Kilo
livefire
Admin
tempest
Mbaine
mwepesi
MOOZALENDO
mekatilili
Uzi
Fabrizio
Balozi
Flying Crane
Nesta
Risasi
The Blue
proud kenyan
gash
edmuiru
Neutral Ground
mogen
kimiti
Spartan
aggressor one
Analyst
countersniper
Ned Starks Head
MWAURA
Batian
Kobooz
areba
56 posters

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  MOOZALENDO Thu Nov 15 2012, 02:53

countersniper wrote:THERE WAS A TIME GSU and ASTU was good and more than enough to deal with this situation.
problem is lack of proper equipment ammunition's and strategy..
SENDING COPS TO SUGUTA valley with just a clip of rounds each in the g3 or ak 47 and without extensive air survey is suicide.
i have trained there and i know that terrain needs a military like approach..
in the 1980S MOI had a permanent GSU and astu PRESENCE and army operating from KIBISCH all the time and they would nip such attacks even before they happened and the Kenyan public never got to know about this.
suguta valley is one if not the hottest places in east Africa.temperatures are deadly if not properly understood

THESE COPS were sitting ducks once they approached the valley without scouting the surrounding hillsides that form an S and U like culdesack where once the snipers hide above the hillsides in an elevated position.. those below will be picked off like stationery targets... these cops had no chance... hence the heavy death toll and with no backup they could all have been killed.

CS,

This thing drops jaws all round. Something is definitely not right. In the last few months, an un-precedented number of police officers have been felled in the line of duty. Suguta valley is not news, it is known and anybody who cares to check will find that security agents have been killed there in the past. What was the briefing from the OC? Is intelligence really this inept that they cannot tell what a few hundred villagers are planning? Ama have we left ourselves in the hands of armchair police commanders? See this article...http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/What-exactly-happened-at-Baragoi/-/440808/1620152/-/yx0hyfz/-/index.html Mwenda is a former military fellow and he knows what he is talking about! At the least as he argues, some characters should not just be sacked or moved sideways (a la Felix Munyambu) but court martialled for failing the country.

Moozalendo
MOOZALENDO
MOOZALENDO

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 09:47

I think is now time we put perspective to this serious event with balanced commentary. Because a healthy amount of comments are really just righteous expressions of Outrage and indignation. A few are patently sanctimonious and way out of focus. It is not contested that this Operation is probably the worst result in our martial history - a 60% force-degradation with 35% fatalities. Terrible tragedy that is cause for national reflection. Not only does the Nation need to know what went down but more importantly make adjustments that ensure no such results ever manifest again.

The blanketed and unrequited vilification of the Kenya Police Force from this Baragoi incident is undeserving of us and the Kenya Police Force. Like with every organization, it has obvious systemic deficiencies and some are very emblematic and deep seated. It does not detract the simple Truth that Kenya Police Force within the context of the operating environment, is one of the most efficient police outfits with too-notch training throughout its structure, in Africa. The Idealists amongst us such as Mekatilili in his American safe perch will remind us that his is still far off the ideal Kenya Police Force - that is alright too. But this condemnation of over 90,000 member Force is direction-less and unwholesome. The South Africans recently slaughtered 58 unarmed civilians with the whole world watching, for crissakes!

The Uniforms here can discern how and why this Operation unraveled. Of the multi-formational elements that deployed to Baragoi, only the RDU and the GSU have combat training at Unit and Company level on effective response as a Unit under deadly enemy fire. The Majority GD and the normal AP elenents in this contingent are basically civil policing elements with basic martial training. The reservist are trackers with field-craft skills just as are the ASTU fellas. The Tactical deployment was very sound - a Diamond deployment incrementally working its way into the valley within sight and radio contact. The Tactical Intel was faultless. However it appears that Unit cohesion completely collapsed when the Ambush was sprung when the entire Diamond was entered into the Valley - everyone for himself resulted and wounded colleagues abandoned as tthe Force scattered in every direction. Were this force even comprised of few Combat-trained RDU that were part of this Contingent and under their own Command Elements, I dare say the results would have been diametrically different.

Let us give these fallen colleagues a befittingly honourabke send off. We will get up from this as a Nation. doubtlessly had the Chai Town Dance generated greater losses than we suffered, we would have been similarly vilified as despite the great results of the entire OLN campaign. That is Kenyans for you, idealist and demanding.

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Thu Nov 15 2012, 11:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Nov 15 2012, 10:34

TO ADD TO THE ABOVE

I have observed the comments and posting, but fellow blogs your getting it all wrong. In my experience I have dealt with rebels in harsh conditions and I have seen village tribes metamorphism to militias. Judging from the posting posted on the baragoi killings , frankly speaking I glade that none of you is in any security or defense policy making team in the greater east Africa phews !!!
You guys are just good for desktop Warfield generals . And I know fellow uniformeers ON,Spartan, agressor1,risasi etc would agree. I can sympathize with the Kenyan security planners on the mode of operations in the Baragoi regions. Again I am not saying that the Kenya police are up to standard but the recommendation that bloggers proposed as remedies lark the initiative and are revenge based orientated except for one Mr.Analyst who scored at least a 30%.

Facts to consider:
The Enemy , determined persons who steal cattle as a source of livelihood living and not because his a naughty bandits get that fact right first and fast then make the suggestion and improvements.
When you Up the up in your security forces force , the away that most of you recommended , gunship, Apc etc, 100% the first sorties against the rustle will work but rest assured after the rustles burry their dead after 4 – 5 straight losses they will raise the ante too.
You soon see the rustle crossing over to S.S buying RPG (rocket launchers) to deal with the aerial assets, then land mines against moving convoys before they even reach baragoi. Next in hand you have that solider whose cousin was killed by security forces, join in to assist the rustlers. Last and not list the tribe feels like second class Kenyans because they have military presents all over and they get boomed with F-5 and rolled over by tanks. so they opt for a break a way province and succession. K.E my bro you don,t want to go in that way.
I believe KDF is at the region for temporally measures.

Its just a basic and local arms race with no clear winner.

Remedy
Go the intel way and arrest culprits.
The village elders and chief from where the rustles hail from should be squarely responsible. All those activities can,t go on with out the chiefs knowing.
Enhance their way of life style as Analyst said.

My two bit………..Goodnight ladies
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Thu Nov 15 2012, 18:33

Obviously the disarmament isn't working as expected. Some guys keep their weapons and suffer the consequences of armed groups. This is my opinion as a liberatarian and a realist,which may sound controverrsial but here goes. Let them ALL KEEP THEIR GUNS;this strategy will work only if those flouting it pay the price painfully and immediately for transgressing. I was in Karamoja when the disarmament kicked off in 2002-after a decade have all guns been repossessed? Are you sure there's been no rearming?
TO ADD TO THE ABOVE

I have observed the comments and posting, but
fellow blogs your getting it all wrong. In my experience I have dealt
with rebels in harsh conditions and I have seen village tribes
metamorphism to militias. Judging from the posting posted on the baragoi
killings , frankly speaking I glade that none of you is in any security
or defense policy making team in the greater east Africa phews !!!
You
guys are just good for desktop Warfield generals . And I know fellow
uniformeers ON,Spartan, agressor1,risasi etc would agree. I can
sympathize with the Kenyan security planners on the mode of operations
in the Baragoi regions. Again I am not saying that the Kenya police are
up to standard but the recommendation that bloggers proposed as remedies
lark the initiative and are revenge based orientated except for one
Mr.Analyst who scored at least a 30%.

Facts to consider:
The
Enemy , determined persons who steal cattle as a source of livelihood
living and not because his a naughty bandits get that fact right first
and fast then make the suggestion and improvements.
When you Up the
up in your security forces force , the away that most of you recommended
, gunship, Apc etc, 100% the first sorties against the rustle will work
but rest assured after the rustles burry their dead after 4 – 5
straight losses they will raise the ante too.
You soon see the
rustle crossing over to S.S buying RPG (rocket launchers) to deal with
the aerial assets, then land mines against moving convoys before they
even reach baragoi. Next in hand you have that solider whose cousin was
killed by security forces, join in to assist the rustlers. Last and not
list the tribe feels like second class Kenyans because they have
military presents all over and they get boomed with F-5 and rolled over
by tanks. so they opt for a break a way province and succession. K.E my
bro you don,t want to go in that way.

Remedy
The
village elders and chief from where the rustles hail from should be
squarely responsible. All those activities can,t go on with out the
chiefs knowing.

That secession talk won't fly here. Our rustling is strictly cultural and commercial not political.

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Nov 15 2012, 20:36

are we talking about two diffrent stories or you are having a problem in understanding my script???

MWAURA wrote:Obviously the disarmament isn't working as expected. Some guys keep their weapons and suffer the consequences of armed groups. This is my opinion as a liberatarian and a realist,which may sound controverrsial but here goes. Let them ALL KEEP THEIR GUNS;this strategy will work only if those flouting it pay the price painfully and immediately for transgressing. I was in Karamoja when the disarmament kicked off in 2002-after a decade have all guns been repossessed? Are you sure there's been no rearming?
TO ADD TO THE ABOVE

I have observed the comments and posting, but
fellow blogs your getting it all wrong. In my experience I have dealt
with rebels in harsh conditions and I have seen village tribes
metamorphism to militias. Judging from the posting posted on the baragoi
killings , frankly speaking I glade that none of you is in any security
or defense policy making team in the greater east Africa phews !!!
You
guys are just good for desktop Warfield generals . And I know fellow
uniformeers ON,Spartan, agressor1,risasi etc would agree. I can
sympathize with the Kenyan security planners on the mode of operations
in the Baragoi regions. Again I am not saying that the Kenya police are
up to standard but the recommendation that bloggers proposed as remedies
lark the initiative and are revenge based orientated except for one
Mr.Analyst who scored at least a 30%.

Facts to consider:
The
Enemy , determined persons who steal cattle as a source of livelihood
living and not because his a naughty bandits get that fact right first
and fast then make the suggestion and improvements.
When you Up the
up in your security forces force , the away that most of you recommended
, gunship, Apc etc, 100% the first sorties against the rustle will work
but rest assured after the rustles burry their dead after 4 – 5
straight losses they will raise the ante too.
You soon see the
rustle crossing over to S.S buying RPG (rocket launchers) to deal with
the aerial assets, then land mines against moving convoys before they
even reach baragoi. Next in hand you have that solider whose cousin was
killed by security forces, join in to assist the rustlers. Last and not
list the tribe feels like second class Kenyans because they have
military presents all over and they get boomed with F-5 and rolled over
by tanks. so they opt for a break a way province and succession. K.E my
bro you don,t want to go in that way.

Remedy
The
village elders and chief from where the rustles hail from should be
squarely responsible. All those activities can,t go on with out the
chiefs knowing.

That secession talk won't fly here. Our rustling is strictly cultural and commercial not political.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:07

Flying Crane wrote:TO ADD TO THE ABOVE

Facts to consider:
The Enemy , determined persons who steal cattle as a source of livelihood living and not because his a naughty bandits get that fact right first and fast then make the suggestion and improvements.

Remedy
The village elders and chief from where the rustles hail from should be squarely responsible. All those activities can,t go on with out the chiefs knowing.

While am in agreement with ur opinion, i can understand the anger generated by citizens esp with lots of info flowing from the media. A survivor in today's East African standard recounted how after he was felled he saw the "bandits" come looking for survivors an spraying them with bullets. He only cheated death by feigning death, his colleague lying next to him was not lucky because he was breathing heavily. When a thug attacks a police officer on duty is an affront to us all. An ordinary cattle rustler doesn't ambush policemen, kill them then carry their rifles + Ammo, no! he runs from them. The Mungiki's terrorised people for long and were "tolerated" until they started killing policemen, they had now crossed the line and the rest is history. DECISION - CONSEQUENCE.
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:09

And on other news, It seems this IAF, Hamas thing might escalate into an all out war.
areba
areba

http://www.kenyanpatriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:57

areba wrote:And on other news, It seems this IAF, Hamas thing might escalate into an all out war.

reserve forces have been called in.

@baragoi maneno; tuku pamoja guys following the discussions at a distance..
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Nov 15 2012, 22:04

from media sources it looks like

1.the samburus and the GoK were on one side on the offensive against the Turkana???

2. samburus are highly connected at GoK security offices.

some some where in the blog brief me on the dynamics

Uzi wrote:

Facts to consider:

Remedy

While am in agreement with ur opinion, i can understand the anger generated by citizens esp with lots of info flowing from the media. A survivor in today's East African standard recounted how after he was felled he saw the "bandits" come looking for survivors an spraying them with bullets. He only cheated death by feigning death, his colleague lying next to him was not lucky because he was breathing heavily. When a thug attacks a police officer on duty is an affront to us all. An ordinary cattle rustler doesn't ambush policemen, kill them then carry their rifles + Ammo, no! he runs from them. The Mungiki's terrorised people for long and were "tolerated" until they started killing policemen, they had now crossed the line and the rest is history. DECISION - CONSEQUENCE.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  areba Thu Nov 15 2012, 22:33

Risasi wrote:
I see 1967 all over again... and an unseen hand offering "enablers" to the hamas...
areba
areba

http://www.kenyanpatriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 23:11

@Flying Crane. Here is how.

The Samburu raid the Turkana and Rendille in Samburu County, as well at the Meru in Isiolo Counry, and the Pokot in Baringo and Laikipiak Counties, and Turkana in Turkana County.

And all these Tribes raid the Samburu and each other. It is part of the cultural cycle of these groups. And has been for Centuries albeit now waged with assault rifle and RPG and Enfield303.

Does any of these group enjoy unfair GoK patronage? Of course not. In Kenya today because of our divisive politics it is just not possible to over balance the Tribal composition in Public Service. But politicians have greater access to public service programs from their unfettered contact with their Tribesmen in public service.

Kenya Media resembles the bald-headed vultures of Tsavo National Park in their silly role-playing of CNN and Wolf Blitzer Christian Amanpour! You must not reference information on Kenya Media, Soldier.

@Areba - this Palestine conundrum never ends because the Evil feeds on itself. Jewish evil is repaid in same coin by Phillistine Evil back and forth. I have seen suggestions that only a limited nuclear exchange between the two cousins will give the world respite from their endless drama. And without doubt that is where they are headed.

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Nov 16 2012, 06:48

Risasi wrote:
areba wrote:And on other news, It seems this IAF, Hamas thing might escalate into an all out war.

30,000 reservists called in. That's is a very large number. At this rate one wonders whether the plan is to take the Gaza strip. There is more coming.

@Baragoi maneno our loud mouthed politicians (incl. ministers) are now fully inside. even threatening legal action against GoK anywhere. Ati, disarm our bandit brothers without disarming the rivals: no way!.Never mind those bandits have felled 42 officers. phew
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Nov 16 2012, 08:36

mogen wrote:
Risasi wrote:

30,000 reservists called in. That's is a very large number. At this rate one wonders whether the plan is to take the Gaza strip. There is more coming.

@Baragoi maneno our loud mouthed politicians (incl. ministers) are now fully inside. even threatening legal action against GoK anywhere. Ati, disarm our bandit brothers without disarming the rivals: no way!.Never mind those bandits have felled 42 officers. phew

There comes a time when you realise that a war is unwinnable and you have to make do with whatever you can scrap out of a miserable situation. The only exception for that rule is the Israel-Palestine conflict, fueled by the Persians on one hand and Sammy on the other.

But make no mistake, this and the Sudan strike are curtain raisers for a bigger act to follow. The Israelis knew Jabari and his daily schedule but chose to take him out now, hoping that Hamas would retaliate thus using up their supplies of rockets and other ammo. Remember, the shipment that was to replenish the rockets they are using now was destroyed in Sudan two or so weeks ago. Hamas, needless to say, has obliged as expected.

Israel just didn't want to be fired upon from the north (Hezbollah) and the south (Hamas) during the main party. These strikes are very deliberate and calculated.

It would be naive, however, to disregard internal Israeli politics in this turn of events. Israel is voting on the 19th January 2012 and any dire security situation usually makes Israelis rally around their hawkish leaders. No prizes for guessing who would benefit from this.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Nov 16 2012, 09:13

Spartan wrote:
mogen wrote:
Risasi wrote:

30,000 reservists called in. That's is a very large number. At this rate one wonders whether the plan is to take the Gaza strip. No doubt, there is more coming.

There comes a time when you realise that a war is unwinnable and you have to make do with whatever you can scrap out of a miserable situation. The only exception for that rule is the Israel-Palestine conflict, fueled by the Persians on one hand and Sammy on the other.

But make no mistake, this and the Sudan strike are curtain raisers for a bigger act to follow. The Israelis knew Jabari and his daily schedule but chose to take him out now, hoping that Hamas would retaliate thus using up their supplies of rockets and other ammo. Remember, the shipment that was to replenish the rockets they are using now was destroyed in Sudan two or so weeks ago. Hamas, needless to say, has obliged as expected.

Israel just didn't want to be fired upon from the north (Hezbollah) and the south (Hamas) during the main party. These strikes are very deliberate and calculated.

It would be naive, however, to disregard internal Israeli politics in this turn of events. Israel is voting on the 19th January 2012 and any dire security situation usually makes Israelis rally around their hawkish leaders. No prizes for guessing who would benefit from this.

Israel conducted 130 strikes on Gaza (incl. Gaza city) just last night alone against Hamas' 12 rockets that landed in Israel. Israelis claim to have made 20,000 calls to warn civilians to flee Hamas Rocket launch sites that were targeted and a ground offensive is expected any time. Things getting elephant over there. Other parties already sucked in now outdoing each other in re-affirming Israel's right to defend itself.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Fri Nov 16 2012, 10:20

Uzi wrote:

Facts to consider:

Remedy

Several years ago, the Kjongs had became such a menace that the police literally feared to handle them. They had acquired such support weapons including RPGs and PKMs that the police AK-47s were inferior. They were attacking for cattle to as far as Mbale and Acholi. They had become a massive force. Then, the UPDF took a bold decision to set up a unit to specifically handle this menace. This unit was even given an MI-24-at first to 'scare' them away, but then one day, one of the Kjongs fired at the chopper using an RPG. This looked like what the pilot was waiting for-KIA were over 100 after some hours of battle. It is this battle that led to the drop in rustling and Kjongs started handing in their weapons 'voluntarily'. If the Turkanas/samburus have got better weapons than the police, then deploy what is better than what they have.

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 16 2012, 10:44

This Palestine tit-for-tat madness has peripheral relevance to us in this part of the world unless one is a "zion-phile". I personally just push any mention of it right to my "out" tray after a cursory look-see. While I support the right of Jews as equal to all other peoples including their Phillistine cousins, I am convinced from study that Zionism in today's Global Village reality is an clear aberration with a serious death wish. Global support for Zionism is borne out Economic considerations of the wider area in which the State of Israel exist - and there transient and likely to dissipate if and when these economic reasons cannot be tied to the continued perpetration of a Zionist exclusive-jewish state.

Each year the conflict rages, the force allayed on both sides grows in numbers and capacity. They move not one inch further from their battle lines of the previous engagement, living and dying in the same holes like moles underground. And the debate which drives this senseless conflict between brothers of ancient ann documented shared history and parentage, remains locked at a distant remote place thousands of years ago. - no evolution of content and logic. Back then, they had spears and slingshots - now their have precision weapons of space age technology and nuclear bombs in briefcases!

Only God coming down on these madmen will break them away from this insanity - in person Himself or His Angel Michael on a mushroom Cloud. Not Obama neither ahmedinajad.

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Fri Nov 16 2012, 11:15

ole Nkarei wrote:This Palestine tit-for-tat madness has peripheral relevance to us in this part of the world unless one is a "zion-phile". I personally just push any mention of it right to my "out" tray after a cursory look-see. While I support the right of Jews as equal to all other peoples including their Phillistine cousins, I am convinced from study that Zionism in today's Global Village reality is an clear aberration with a serious death wish. Global support for Zionism is borne out Economic considerations of the wider area in which the State of Israel exist - and there transient and likely to dissipate if and when these economic reasons cannot be tied to the continued perpetration of a Zionist exclusive-jewish state.

Each year the conflict rages, the force allayed on both sides grows in numbers and capacity. They move not one inch further from their battle lines of the previous engagement, living and dying in the same holes like moles underground. And the debate which drives this senseless conflict between brothers of ancient ann documented shared history and parentage, remains locked at a distant remote place thousands of years ago. - no evolution of content and logic. Back then, they had spears and slingshots - now their have precision weapons of space age technology and nuclear bombs in briefcases!

Only God coming down on these madmen will break them away from this insanity - in person Himself or His Angel Michael on a mushroom Cloud. Not Obama neither ahmedinajad.

Israel isn't interested in peace. They have never been. They've got the bigger gun and guaranteed super-powers backing. They want to dominate, bully and choke their cousins. Escalation of fighting will affect our region. Egypt's mediation efforts might bear fruit, perhaps only if israel feels it has inflicted sufficient damage.

Western governments are always in a mad rush to assert israel's right to self defence for economic reasons. Jewish people who control key sectors in most of those countries can end a political career. Support for israel atrocities will continue as people continue to suffer far and wide. Whatever Israel interests the iranians were targeting, we'd lost Kenyan lives.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 16 2012, 11:40

There are risks that we could get caught up in this stupid internecine exchange in Palestine. Hell, even waking up in the morning has risks as well. But if are certain where our Strategic Interests as a region lies and we play this as clever as the Serpent, we can mitigate all efforts of both sides to export their madness to our shores. Thus far, we have walked the Thin Line pretty good, I dare say.

Look at the dangerously inflammable crucible of Ethnicity and Religious similarities of Kenyqna to the International players of this Palestine Conflict? Yet AMISOM has avoided been hostage to the Arab-Western Djini very ably.

The Strikes in Kikambala a few years ago were as much our fault as the Terrorists. Since then we have matured and fixedbthe systemic deficiencies and gotten masomo. The recent dismantling of the Iranian East and Central Africa Espionage and Terror Network by NIS with quite some ease is proof of this.

The world has evolved. But these sons of Abraham remain clothed in sheep skins squabbling over Lentil Soup!

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:35

ole Nkarei wrote:@Flying Crane. Here is how.

The Samburu raid the Turkana and Rendille in Samburu County, as well at the Meru in Isiolo Counry, and the Pokot in Baringo and Laikipiak Counties, and Turkana in Turkana County.

And all these Tribes raid the Samburu and each other. It is part of the cultural cycle of these groups. And has been for Centuries albeit now waged with assault rifle and RPG and Enfield303.

Does any of these group enjoy unfair GoK patronage? Of course not. In Kenya today because of our divisive politics it is just not possible to over balance the Tribal composition in Public Service. But politicians have greater access to public service programs from their unfettered contact with their Tribesmen in public service.

Kenya Media resembles the bald-headed vultures of Tsavo National Park in their silly role-playing of CNN and Wolf Blitzer Christian Amanpour! You must not reference information on Kenya Media, Soldier.

@Areba - this Palestine conundrum never ends because the Evil feeds on itself. Jewish evil is repaid in same coin by Phillistine Evil back and forth. I have seen suggestions that only a limited nuclear exchange between the two cousins will give the world respite from their endless drama. And without doubt that is where they are headed.
Thanks buddy … last night I so the chiefs arraigned in court.
@ risasi now that you have switch to the east on rotary crafts (Mi-171,Mi28, Zw-9) how do you find the new syllabus??
@Israel.. I feel Israel is deliberately looking for a fight.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Empty IRON DOME IN ACTION

Post  georiise Fri Nov 16 2012, 12:59

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Gaza_110
A Grad rocket is launched from Gaza strip towards Israel
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Gaza_210
Israel soldiers take cover as Iron Dome fires a missile at the incoming Grad rocket from Gaza strip
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Gaza_310
Iron Dome fires a missile at a second Grad rocket from Gaza strip
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Gaza_410
Smoke trails are seen as Iron Dome intercepts incoming Grad rocket from Gaza strip
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Gaza_510
Iron Dome missile intercepts at a second Grad rocket from Gaza strip

Last edited by georiise on Fri Nov 16 2012, 13:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more info)
georiise
georiise

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Nov 16 2012, 13:38

@georiise very splendid rare pictures. are you on site??
@crane come man you don,t expect us now to parade in the communist goose matches…..we have switch to the east and orients in terms of asset (cost effectiveness). But we still learn/train with the best/battle field experienced to get an overall picture of the modern battle field picture.
As you post , In June we sent two blocks to the Central Flying School (Helicopters), at the Defence Helicopter Flying School (DHFS) at RAF Shawbury to train as QHI (Qualified Helicopter Instructor). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_Flying_Instructor
The two fellows will be local Instructional and Examining staff at KAF Flying sch for new flying cadets hence disseminating what they learnt and formulating training structural programs. Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Yryrhr10
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Tetebb10

Therefore the overall structure and training remain as per while we run cost effective Eastern asset.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/idtraf/courses/0213.cfm

@jasiri graduation at the KICC?? Are You there?
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one Fri Nov 16 2012, 13:57

georiise wrote:Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Gaza_110
A Grad rocket is launched from Gaza strip towards Israel
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Gaza_210
Israel soldiers take cover as Iron Dome fires a missile at the incoming Grad rocket from Gaza strip
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Gaza_310
Iron Dome fires a missile at a second Grad rocket from Gaza strip
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Gaza_410
Smoke trails are seen as Iron Dome intercepts incoming Grad rocket from Gaza strip
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Gaza_510
Iron Dome missile intercepts at a second Grad rocket from Gaza strip

I watched the documentary about the '6 day war' in 1967 and realized that militarily, nothing has changed in favor of the Arabs and instead, Israel has grown stronger technologically. A fully fledged war will again bring the same or even worse results for the Arabs. In 1967, Syria and Egypt provided the bulk (or were supposed to) but today, they are in their own state of disorganization. Jordan, the other country 'swore' never again to scratch Israel the wrong way. the Arabs will fire a Katyusas and even destroy a few Merkavas, but the war will only go one way....

aggressor one

Back to top Go down

Post  The Blue Fri Nov 16 2012, 14:40

Risasi wrote:@georiise very splendid rare pictures. are you on site??
@crane come man you don,t expect us now to parade in the communist goose matches…..we have switch to the east and orients in terms of asset (cost effectiveness). But we still learn/train with the best/battle field experienced to get an overall picture of the modern battle field picture.
As you post , In June we sent two blocks to the Central Flying School (Helicopters), at the Defence Helicopter Flying School (DHFS) at RAF Shawbury to train as QHI (Qualified Helicopter Instructor). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_Flying_Instructor
The two fellows will be local Instructional and Examining staff at KAF Flying sch for new flying cadets hence disseminating what they learnt and formulating training structural programs. Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Yryrhr10

Therefore the overall structure and training remain as per while we run cost effective Eastern asset.

Even as I mused over the training of the brothers and the preparedness that they are supposed to instill into flying cadets, I couldn’t quite ignore the brother in a skirt. I hope his flying is better than his sitting. Okay troops, as you were.

The Blue

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Empty ISRAELI - PALESTINIAN CONFLICT

Post  Guest Fri Nov 16 2012, 15:07

ole Nkarei wrote:There are risks that we could get caught up in this stupid internecine exchange in Palestine. Hell, even waking up in the morning has risks as well. But if are certain where our Strategic Interests as a region lies and we play this as clever as the Serpent, we can mitigate all efforts of both sides to export their madness to our shores. Thus far, we have walked the Thin Line pretty good, I dare say.

Look at the dangerously inflammable crucible of Ethnicity and Religious similarities of Kenyqna to the International players of this Palestine Conflict? Yet AMISOM has avoided been hostage to the Arab-Western Djini very ably.

The Strikes in Kikambala a few years ago were as much our fault as the Terrorists. Since then we have matured and fixedbthe systemic deficiencies and gotten masomo. The recent dismantling of the Iranian East and Central Africa Espionage and Terror Network by NIS with quite some ease is proof of this.

The world has evolved. But these sons of Abraham remain clothed in sheep skins squabbling over Lentil Soup!

The biggest problem in this war is when Israel attacks Gaza, it is a densely populated urban area where lots of civilian casualties result.In the end more Palestinians & general Arab population are ready to lay their lives on the line for the cause

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Israel-holding-fire-egypt-premiers-gaza-visit-082206773

Last edited by mchoraji on Fri Nov 16 2012, 15:13; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Insert image)

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Fri Nov 16 2012, 15:12

The Blue wrote:
Risasi wrote:@georiise very splendid rare pictures. are you on site??

Even as I mused over the training of the brothers and the preparedness that they are supposed to instill into flying cadets, I couldn’t quite ignore the brother in a skirt. I hope his flying is better than his sitting. Okay troops, as you were.

To add on the above UK will construct a Local MRAP (mine resistant armed personnel vehicle ) manufacturing plant at Mombassa for the great African region and the middle east the vehicle in production will be the latest Mamba APc and the Nyoka Mk2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5b_DI0mgk
@ON the brits can,t just leave us alone eehh.

@blue the guy in a "skirt" has enough ball to dogfight... Laughing Laughing
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Fri Nov 16 2012, 16:11

The KAF block sited 3rd right looks familiar a frequenter at FOB Msa with the Puma,s as a co-pilot (name/rank with held). We have taken sips together at FOB msa mess latter on I saw him in OLN clips. Its good to see that the force further his career to QHF.
Here the felow during OLN. 0.8sec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq4OvIrC-1M&feature=relmfu
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 7 Empty The Valley?

Post  mekatilili Sat Nov 17 2012, 07:25

The death toll stands at 42. Government officials were allegedly involved in the Turkana massacre and members of parliament from that region have drawn the line in the sand, daring the authorities to take action against the killers. The reactionary GOK has done very little to secure the country and only today, two police officers were shot dead in Garissa and a chief's camp attacked in Kwale. Kenya is a country on the edge.

The Kenya Police is an inept and unprofessional force. It is an extortion racket focussed on collecting the last penny from an oblivious public. The Police leadership is a political (tribal) organisation set up to protect the interests of the ruling class and are far removed from the reality on the streets of Kenya. The leadership survives on handouts from the ruling class while the rest of the force is busy chasing after Kenyans on the street for whatever is in their wallets or purses.

The systematic destabilization of the country should be a call to action but many Kenyans are in a bubble. They do not see beyond tribe and are entangled in the power grab commandeered by their tribal chiefs. Not even the hague has deterred the masterminds and the newly found wealth (oil) has emboldened others. It is for that reason that the Mps from Turkana dared the president and made it clear they were ready to take up arms while they asserted their otherness.
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri Sat Nov 17 2012, 09:33

well i was going through a recent tender that the MOSD-kenya released earlier this week and i couldnt help but notice that they were looking for atv spare parts and i thought about an earlier discussion involving the socom boys and the landrovers that they use... are the ATV's outriders for they land rovers for the 30th and 40th?

Baragoi maneno's.. i believe it was a tactical blunder through the OPORD given to the boys.. the Kenya Police training conducted at kiganjo does not give these boys the skillset for handling such an operation.. i would have preferred our paramilitary units to have handled the situation. however, i won't dishonor the brave act and sacrifice that these boys put up for their country... i believe a long term solution will involve an arms mop up and the setting up of a military camp just like Mt Elgon. I dont think the communities would be happy giving out their communal land to be turned into a training facilities.. it would only act as fuel for more conflict
SS Jamuhuri
SS Jamuhuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Nov 17 2012, 11:10

[quote="Risasi"]@crane come man you don,t expect us now to parade in the communist goose matches…..we have switch to the east and orients in terms of asset (cost effectiveness).[quote]

The goose step is not communist, it's used by about 40 countries worldwide. In EA, Ug and Tz excel at it. Communist North Korea and China seem to have 'owned' it because they perfected it, but it was introduced by a Prussian general called Leopold in the 1790s. Since the West had many confrontations with the Prussians (later Germans) over the course of the next two hundred years, they couldn't adopt their adversary's 'style'. But they adopted everything else, from technology to tactics. The rest of us had no such sentimental hindrances.

Now, this demonisation of communism that we seem to parrot from the West all the time. I would take China's state-controlled economic prescription over the greedy speculation of wallstreet anytime.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Nov 17 2012, 11:25

[quote="Spartan"][quote="Risasi"]@crane come man you don,t expect us now to parade in the communist goose matches…..we have switch to the east and orients in terms of asset (cost effectiveness).

The goose step is not communist, it's used by about 40 countries worldwide. In EA, Ug and Tz excel at it. Communist North Korea and China seem to have 'owned' it because they perfected it, but it was introduced by a Prussian general called Leopold in the 1790s. Since the West had many confrontations with the Prussians (later Germans) over the course of the next two hundred years, they couldn't adopt their adversary's 'style'. But they adopted everything else, from technology to tactics. The rest of us had no such sentimental hindrances.

Now, this demonisation of communism that we seem to parrot from the West all the time. I would take China's state-controlled economic prescription over the greedy speculation of wallstreet anytime.

point noted afandie Very Happy Very Happy
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next