THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+52
pacifist
MasterChief
mchoraji
firewall
timoh
Kepler-Euler
tres impoli
jasiri
Olekoima
cylon
mashaa
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Technician
SIAT
SS Jamuhuri
mJESHI mMOJA
georiise
Observer
mbs
Ole Sidai
Al Bashir
HokumA
Sierra Kilo
livefire
Admin
tempest
Mbaine
mwepesi
MOOZALENDO
mekatilili
Uzi
Fabrizio
Balozi
Flying Crane
Nesta
Risasi
The Blue
proud kenyan
gash
edmuiru
Neutral Ground
mogen
kimiti
Spartan
aggressor one
Analyst
countersniper
Ned Starks Head
MWAURA
Batian
Kobooz
areba
56 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  countersniper Thu Feb 07 2013, 20:51

i think the brits will soon learn the hard way once a suicide bomber targets them in somalia... god forbid
or getting involved in a freindly fire incident with amisom forces.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Feb 07 2013, 21:15

ole Nkarei wrote:Ostensibly to provide Consular Security for their reopening Embassy. But that is really a mundane activity which even locals can do effectively if appropriately equipped and trained. UGABAG has thus far discharge top of the shelf security for Consular Activities.

I fear that the Third Scramble for African Resources is now fully enjoined. From Libya through Mail into the Dec running through Nairobi to Malawi....... Kenyana MUST close Ranks now or be swamped under new pseudo-colonialism.

A bloody merry please, actually not too spicy. What we are in dire need of right now first is, The "political-will" to keep a sound military in place. I strongly believe that the Ole Man has installed a super-firm policy on military capacitation and the vital-ness of such ideologies. The current bunch of CIC successors appear to be well-versed with the outcomes of sustaining a defence institution which commands a great deal of significant military prowess.

The second thing that testifies and says more about a defence org'n are the resources which are luckily available in Kenya, only awaiting proper management and utilisation. Talk of Agricultural products, mineral products and the much anticipated black gold in our vicinity, beats every sceptic-oriented person hands down. No sanction-tumorised mind exists to date in Kenya and the ones who are concerned with such activities. We have good ties with Woo, Dmitri, Franco, Jonny, Sammy and even the Sidney-based sunbathers for heavens' sake. We are also the only country which seems capable of providing an invisible cover-up to some of our neighbours who might be seen as great attractors of "investors" in our region. I can go on and on but, We only need to dedicate ourselves and we can find ourselves standing in the hall of fame.

Over to you gentlemen.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Empty TRANSITION

Post  mchoraji Fri Feb 08 2013, 10:13

So the presidential transition ceremony will be at the Kasarani stadium. considering it's a 60,000 seater will it accommodate the kind of crowds we witnessed in 2002? on the positive the military will be free to do their thing without the kind of disruption that hindered them in 2002. Btw in 2002 Mzee moi stepped down as C in C at Lang'ata barracks. Ole man anaaga vikosi vyake wapi kama si classified for now
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  pacifist Fri Feb 08 2013, 11:52

mchoraji wrote:So the presidential transition ceremony will be at the Kasarani stadium. considering it's a 60,000 seater will it accommodate the kind of crowds we witnessed in 2002? on the positive the military will be free to do their thing without the kind of disruption that hindered them in 2002. Btw in 2002 Mzee moi stepped down as C in C at Lang'ata barracks. Ole man anaaga vikosi vyake wapi kama si classified for now
it is consistent with security intentions of that day: contain excitement and control movement. The fact that it is some distance from the CBD gives security details from all arms of the government more room to operate and in the case of the NSIS and the Military to keep a low profile. All in all a good call i say.
been a stealth follower of this forum for some time. more interested in the technology of weapon systems than their use as my handle suggests. which leads me to the question. does KDF deploy tactical surface to surface missiles of any kind? i have seen those trucks but have never seen an actual missile. what is KDF thinking on that?
salute to all members of this forum and formally introducing myself. over and out

pacifist

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 08 2013, 16:17

Welcome aboard and take your full place on the table @pacifist. Karibu. Now, the Missile query is kinda too wide. You may want to refine it some more. And you are right about the Tactical situation of a Presidential inauguration at Kasarani Stadium - easy to ring-fence and secure it what with AS showing boldness in Garissa.

@Cycoh "D" - any right-er and I paint wings on your shoulders, buddy. Yea, we need a developed Politico-economy to enslave our Military Force to our Regional Foreign Policy. And clearly every Planning edifice in Kenya acknowledges that we have outgrown our borders and must reach into Kenyana to sustain ourselves. No one is happier about this new energy than the Uniforms. Problem is that this is a veritable minefield that we must carefully map-and-manouvre with sleuth and care - surely no one on TEA believes the Pharaohs are self-destructing because of inherent structural deficiencies! How did Egypt get where they are today? And Sammy and Johnny have perfected this module where they induce a cannibal-type implosion by aggravating existing societal fault-line through clever manipulation. We must be conscious of this real and serious hanging threat and guard against it. Ivory Coast Nigeria libya Tunisia Bahrain Syria Sudan DRC Kenya and even lately Tanzania with their Natural Gas finds.

Clever-as-the-Seroent!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Fri Feb 08 2013, 20:19

ole Nkarei wrote:
@Cycoh "D" - any right-er and I paint wings on your shoulders, buddy. Yea, we need a developed Politico-economy to enslave our Military Force to our Regional Foreign Policy. And clearly every Planning edifice in Kenya acknowledges that we have outgrown our borders and must reach into Kenyana to sustain ourselves. No one is happier about this new energy than the Uniforms. Problem is that this is a veritable minefield that we must carefully map-and-manouvre with sleuth and care - surely no one on TEA believes the Pharaohs are self-destructing because of inherent structural deficiencies! How did Egypt get where they are today? And Sammy and Johnny have perfected this module where they induce a cannibal-type implosion by aggravating existing societal fault-line through clever manipulation. We must be conscious of this real and serious hanging threat and guard against it. Ivory Coast Nigeria libya Tunisia Bahrain Syria Sudan DRC Kenya and even lately Tanzania with their Natural Gas finds.

Clever-as-the-Seroent!

I'm vividly able to capture some of your "mobile-thoughts" damn well, I see things in your perspective, in other words. This Sammy/Jonny spinning complex-ness might be out of track with time, its giving our strategy-planners and think-tanks more spins than a tyre.

This are some of the few "world-occurences" which I ain't in a position to efficiently segregate. How in bloody hell did Sammy bring down U.S.S.R/ Soviet Union- The only Super power which appeared capable of disentigrating them completely to a great effect? You know, this man Ronald Reagan must be fully adorned with the dirty tricks behind the fall of U.S.S.R....To even make matters more complexier, the whole planet was, and has always been driven into a frezzy misconception democratically believing that a falling economy was everything responsible. May be these are some of the many highly qualitative and also quantitative questions, which seem somehow legit, but may or may never get an answer to. God only knows, perharps.

http://wais.stanford.edu/History/history_ussrandreagan.htm

And to add more about the fall of U.S.S.R; http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Soviet_Union_(1982-1991)

Then Libya, Egypt, Syria are/have followed suit with quick succession. Do we really have the correct brains up there to see the bigger picture without the use binoculars? A very simple question, but one which has a complex answer. Unless we are part of the chosen ones as some myths highly delude us, we have many balls to attend to, with only one bhat at hand. Lemmie leave it there to pre-empt nightmares. Very Happy

@ole Nkarei, Hope you didn't paint some chicken wings on my shoulders. Very Happy Very Happy
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  pacifist Fri Feb 08 2013, 23:54

@ON i mean weapons in this category " Iskander (NATO reporting name SS-26 Stone) " and all related. Wikipedia says the iskander is "one of the most devastating and accurate weapons in Russia's arsenal" which for a country that produces havocs is saying quite a bit.
@cycoh Sammy's foreign policy tends to spiral out of planning a lot. while johnny makes mistakes every now and then, perception tends to be that he is consistent while Sammy is always trying to put out a fire someone in the previous administration lit. The military influences foreign policy, sometimes heavily, however when there is a general tendency for active and legitimately aggressive elements of an administration to dictate policy there will always be problems.
“All warfare is based on deception.
Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces,
we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe
we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

Sammy likes reminding us of his omnipresence. One thing i like to keep reminding people is that there are thieves and liars aplenty in Kenya; that deceitful MP is after all representing a sector of the population. Be wary of the intelligent for they are more likely to lead you astray than the foolish.

pacifist

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sat Feb 09 2013, 07:29

@CycohD
Libya (and increasingly Tunisia) has been a nasty lesson for the West. That's why they aren't enthusiastic or interested in the Syrian manenos. Anything they do will most likely be aimed at buttressing the interests of the Chosen One in the region.

Dismantling of the Soviet Union. Divide and rule forces succeeded. They were both internal and external. More importantly, the fortress [USSR] was destroyed more from inside than from the outside. Mikhail Gorbachev was what Frederik de Klerk was to the evil South African apartheid system. Multiple factors possibly played a role. Nevertheless, the time for end of those two evil systems had clearly come.

Before the collapse of the USSR Ronald Reagan convinced Gorbachev to allow Jewish people to leave the USSR and settle in Israel. That agreement was consummated when Gorbachev and his Jewish wife (Laisa) visited Israel. For me that marked the beginning of the end of the USSR. Kinda reminded me of the Biblical story of Esther [Haddasah], the Jewish girl who eventually became Queen Esther of Persia. She was reminded that maybe she became Queen for such tough times as what the Jewish people were facing in Persia. By use of ingenuity and position as Queen she saved the lives of many Jewish people from the evil hand of Haman. It isn't difficult for Sammy to use the Chosen One to hit the USSR.

Western mischief won't end. Tact will change.

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

Clever-as-the-Seroent!

I'm vividly able to capture some of your "mobile-thoughts" damn well, I see things in your perspective, in other words. This Sammy/Jonny spinning complex-ness might be out of track with time, its giving our strategy-planners and think-tanks more spins than a tyre.

This are some of the few "world-occurences" which I ain't in a position to efficiently segregate. How in bloody hell did Sammy bring down U.S.S.R/ Soviet Union- The only Super power which appeared capable of disentigrating them completely to a great effect? You know, this man Ronald Reagan must be fully adorned with the dirty tricks behind the fall of U.S.S.R....To even make matters more complexier, the whole planet was, and has always been driven into a frezzy misconception democratically believing that a falling economy was everything responsible. May be these are some of the many highly qualitative and also quantitative questions, which seem somehow legit, but may or may never get an answer to. God only knows, perharps.

http://wais.stanford.edu/History/history_ussrandreagan.htm

And to add more about the fall of U.S.S.R; http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Soviet_Union_(1982-1991)

Then Libya, Egypt, Syria are/have followed suit with quick succession. Do we really have the correct brains up there to see the bigger picture without the use binoculars? A very simple question, but one which has a complex answer. Unless we are part of the chosen ones as some myths highly delude us, we have many balls to attend to, with only one bhat at hand. Lemmie leave it there to pre-empt nightmares. Very Happy

@ole Nkarei, Hope you didn't paint some chicken wings on my shoulders. Very Happy Very Happy
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sat Feb 09 2013, 12:12

pacifist wrote:
mchoraji wrote:So the presidential transition ceremony will be at the Kasarani stadium. considering it's a 60,000 seater will it accommodate the kind of crowds we witnessed in 2002? on the positive the military will be free to do their thing without the kind of disruption that hindered them in 2002. Btw in 2002 Mzee moi stepped down as C in C at Lang'ata barracks. Ole man anaaga vikosi vyake wapi kama si classified for now
it is consistent with security intentions of that day: contain excitement and control movement. The fact that it is some distance from the CBD gives security details from all arms of the government more room to operate and in the case of the NSIS and the Military to keep a low profile. All in all a good call i say.
been a stealth follower of this forum for some time. more interested in the technology of weapon systems than their use as my handle suggests. which leads me to the question. does KDF deploy tactical surface to surface missiles of any kind? i have seen those trucks but have never seen an actual missile. what is KDF thinking on that?
salute to all members of this forum and formally introducing myself. over and out
@pacifist Hey fellow we have our rules and regulation that govern this house. As you said you be on the side line for long enough so you ought to know them. Introduce yourself before post a debut .
TEA isn,t an East African military search engine data base where you key in a pair of words and you should be handed down an answer. Respect our code of conduct and will respect your queries. ok?
KE bros they isn,t need to answer such fellow his got to respect the code of conduct in the house, just like all of us did and thats what got the blog where it is today.
. the blogs is large than individuals. Mr.Pacifist you can go the blogs way or take the Highway, lad.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Sat Feb 09 2013, 14:28

mogen wrote:@CycohD
Libya (and increasingly Tunisia) has been a nasty lesson for the West. That's why they aren't enthusiastic or interested in the Syrian manenos. Anything they do will most likely be aimed at buttressing the interests of the Chosen One in the region.

Dismantling of the Soviet Union. Divide and rule forces succeeded. They were both internal and external. More importantly, the fortress [USSR] was destroyed more from inside than from the outside. Mikhail Gorbachev was what Frederik de Klerk was to the evil South African apartheid system. Multiple factors possibly played a role. Nevertheless, the time for end of those two evil systems had clearly come.

Before the collapse of the USSR Ronald Reagan convinced Gorbachev to allow Jewish people to leave the USSR and settle in Israel. That agreement was consummated when Gorbachev and his Jewish wife (Laisa) visited Israel. For me that marked the beginning of the end of the USSR. Kinda reminded me of the Biblical story of Esther [Haddasah], the Jewish girl who eventually became Queen Esther of Persia. She was reminded that maybe she became Queen for such tough times as what the Jewish people were facing in Persia. By use of ingenuity and position as Queen she saved the lives of many Jewish people from the evil hand of Haman. It isn't difficult for Sammy to use the Chosen One to hit the USSR.

Western mischief won't end. Tact will change.

Quite legit and in order @mogen. Reagan cleverly induced 'weakening-factors' right in the middle of U.S.S.R so that it might appear as if "Internal- Economic blunders" was everything, but that puts more grease on the existing misconception which drives the whole world into a naked lie to date.

Neverthless, we shouldn't stick on the histories too much as they can make us look more incapable and unsuited for the task of getting rid of this york, should actually focus on dissecting the chances we have at our disposal.

Bottom line; Just like O.N. said elsewhere, We should be clever as the Serpant as we push on with this disemination.
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 09 2013, 15:52

@Pacifist - you just got hit a bit more lightly than usual by our Regiment SarMeja - all part of the TEA self moderation protocols. It is like preparing all year for your MATTs but still never enough when you get taken through the SERE! Don't worry too greatly coz that happens even to some harden chaps in the 30th.

Which reminds me - @Spartan, Crane, Aggressor-One - 2 Platoons of your Brig. Muhoozi's SF chaps are visiting for our newly inducted Urban Evade&Escape version of our SERE programs. If any of you are part of this Contingent send me a simple Cipher by PM.

If anything has become evident over the last year, it is the ease with which belligerent Western Intelligence and SpecOps can cause a total collapse of a third-world State. Conversely the one irrefutable fact that the Ten Years under the Ole Man have established, it is that we are not inevitable Slaves of the West and that we can cleverly manoeuvre (and prosper /endure) with an independent Path between the established Competing Global Hegemonies. And also that it is possible to ignore the West and still prosper if your Path isn't radically innovative and destabilizing.

How many TEA members know that the present British HC in Nairobi was integral Component of the Western planned and directed "Arab Spring" Protocols for some years before his posting to Kenya? "Clever-as-the-Serpent".

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Empty German Interests

Post  Kobooz Sat Feb 09 2013, 17:58

I spotted a Rheinmetall MAN HX 77 8x8 truck at TPT BN, has the German visit already born fruit? or is uncle woos replica? I must say the creature looks impressive! Toboa tusikie

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Sat Feb 09 2013, 22:36

Sierra Kilo wrote:
mchoraji wrote:
Risasi wrote: Germans always love to be tactiful and stay under the radar like the past when they supplied Mercedes Benz 911 for the transport divisions. Lakini that dept. has gone with Woos STEYR truck.

Now that the transport div. has been mentioned there were tetezi that steyrs aren't that stable after there were a few accidents. I have seen a few KDF leyland trucks & I think they may be much better than the chinese ones much as they have a johnny connection

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Leylan10
This type

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Ashok_10
or even this
I think that we are good at wasting Forex in importing stuff that we can produce locally. I think GMEA has the capacity to produce the truck in the caption below, it looks as good as any of the trucks mentioned above.

New Tactical Vehicle for RTA

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Tactical+vehicle-rta
Thailand army
began using a new tactical vehicle
Isuzu FTS H2E33 (4X4). These trucks have a size of 2.5 tons and easy in maintenance and repair. The vehicle can
be ridden comfortably on a flat terrain and contoured.

Specification :
Dimension (L x W x H ) 7,220 x2, 490 x3, 145
mm.
The load weight is 12,200 kg.
Plane load of 5,000 kilograms.
kg load on the terrain
Towing weight of 3,000 kg of baggage
Engines :
diesel engines Isuzu 6 cylinder, 7790 cc capacity.
Max torque 706 Nm (72
Kk.-m.) at 1450 rpm / min.
HP 240 and HP the (177 kW) / rpm min.
Fuel
tank capacity 200 liters.
speed forward and one reverse
speed.
The hydraulic brake system
Turning radius of 9 meters.
Operating
within 800 km.
Maximum speed of 97 km / hour.
The ability to climb high slopes 60 percent

@blog the china STEYR truck are off roaders with a high center of gravity. They did well in off road affairs in OLN.
@mchoraji wake up bana the second picture; Leyland ashok Stallion 4x4 is already in operation with our transport battalions http://www.domain-b.com/companies/companies_a/ashok_leyland/20050215_defence_vehicles.html
@SK the locally manufactured Isuzu will defiantly be or if it isn,t, the next Gov’t of KE,s official truck. You are going to see similar truck with KE camo.
Kobooz wrote:I spotted a Rheinmetall MAN HX 77 8x8 truck at TPT BN, has the German visit already born fruit? or is uncle woos replica? I must say the creature looks impressive! Toboa tusikie
@kobooz Last time I heard they was a proposal for
Steyr 8x8
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/249/420/485/485420249_872.jpg
or maybe this just may be Wuhan Sanjiang 2250
http://www.army-guide.com/images/ws2250.jpg
or might have seen a Schramm water drill rig from 12 engineers
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y769A4J1nsA/TLt-Ik2Zm1I/AAAAAAAAAEw/wNvWko8husA/s640/kenya+army22.PNG
if its none of the above then it might be from a touring army.
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Sun Feb 10 2013, 07:54

What kind of Gun-optical-sights does exist with some of our various military formations? Don't exclude snipers. I'm looking at it with a sheer prozimity of the AmpintM4 Sights being in the arsenal. Which are the most preffered in terms of range and durability?
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Sun Feb 10 2013, 19:39

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:
Sierra Kilo wrote:
mchoraji wrote:
Risasi wrote: Germans always love to be tactiful and stay under the radar like the past when they supplied Mercedes Benz 911 for the transport divisions. Lakini that dept. has gone with Woos STEYR truck.

Now that the transport div. has been mentioned there were tetezi that steyrs aren't that stable after there were a few accidents. I have seen a few KDF leyland trucks & I think they may be much better than the chinese ones much as they have a johnny connection

This type

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Ashok_10
or even this
I think that we are good at wasting Forex in importing stuff that we can produce locally. I think GMEA has the capacity to produce the truck in the caption below, it looks as good as any of the trucks mentioned above.

New Tactical Vehicle for RTA

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Tactical+vehicle-rta
Thailand army
began using a new tactical vehicle
Isuzu FTS H2E33 (4X4). These trucks have a size of 2.5 tons and easy in maintenance and repair. The vehicle can
be ridden comfortably on a flat terrain and contoured.

Specification :
Dimension (L x W x H ) 7,220 x2, 490 x3, 145
mm.
The load weight is 12,200 kg.
Plane load of 5,000 kilograms.
kg load on the terrain
Towing weight of 3,000 kg of baggage
Engines :
diesel engines Isuzu 6 cylinder, 7790 cc capacity.
Max torque 706 Nm (72
Kk.-m.) at 1450 rpm / min.
HP 240 and HP the (177 kW) / rpm min.
Fuel
tank capacity 200 liters.
speed forward and one reverse
speed.
The hydraulic brake system
Turning radius of 9 meters.
Operating
within 800 km.
Maximum speed of 97 km / hour.
The ability to climb high slopes 60 percent

@blog the china STEYR truck are off roaders with a high center of gravity. They did well in off road affairs in OLN.
@mchoraji wake up bana the second picture; Leyland ashok Stallion 4x4 is already in operation with our transport battalions http://www.domain-b.com/companies/companies_a/ashok_leyland/20050215_defence_vehicles.html
@SK the locally manufactured Isuzu will defiantly be or if it isn,t, the next Gov’t of KE,s official truck. You are going to see similar truck with KE camo.
Kobooz wrote:I spotted a Rheinmetall MAN HX 77 8x8 truck at TPT BN, has the German visit already born fruit? or is uncle woos replica? I must say the creature looks impressive! Toboa tusikie
@kobooz Last time I heard they was a proposal for
Steyr 8x8
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/249/420/485/485420249_872.jpg
or maybe this just may be Wuhan Sanjiang 2250
http://www.army-guide.com/images/ws2250.jpg
or might have seen a Schramm water drill rig from 12 engineers
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y769A4J1nsA/TLt-Ik2Zm1I/AAAAAAAAAEw/wNvWko8husA/s640/kenya+army22.PNG
if its none of the above then it might be from a touring army.

No no! I am quite familiar with the water drill rigs from thika. This was a personnel version and was just being offloaded. It didn't appear chinese though

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Empty Re:KDF

Post  proud kenyan Sun Feb 10 2013, 21:01

now i believe the word "pacification" and "slow pace = way better results" after all the verbal hullabaloo over the pace of KDF in OLN
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21401202

and at the same time trying to take all the plaudits from MVs nyayo, shujaa, jasiri and the numerous other pirate-blasting naval cuties,pamoja with the hanging-out-in-the-handaki mean machines

http://news.yahoo.com/hired-guns-finally-scuppered-somali-pirates-090535971.html

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Feb 11 2013, 04:14

Spot on @Proud Kenyan.
Only thing I can add is that some dunderheads have either never understood or deliberately fail to see that the solution to Piracy in and around Somalia waters was to be found on land. The pirates do not live at sea. They all had bases on land. All else they say or do is just feel-good stuff for themselves.

proud kenyan wrote:now i believe the word "pacification" and "slow pace = way better results" after all the verbal hullabaloo over the pace of KDF in OLN
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21401202

and at the same time trying to take all the plaudits from MVs nyayo, shujaa, jasiri and the numerous other pirate-blasting naval cuties,pamoja with the hanging-out-in-the-handaki mean machines

http://news.yahoo.com/hired-guns-finally-scuppered-somali-pirates-090535971.html
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Empty TRANSPORT

Post  mchoraji Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:15

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:
This type

@mchoraji wake up bana the second picture; Leyland ashok Stallion 4x4 is already in operation with our transport battalions

sawa @ mjeshi just had not seen the second one. but the first one nimeiona in KA camo.about isuzu trucks they are in use by KDF albeit the 4X2 ones.the police are also using it all over.what am yet to see is a 5ton. 4x4 isuzu trucks with KDF camo

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Kdf_tr11
The two leading trucks in this photo are isuzus.
there is that very light yellow truck on the extreem left seems to be a leyland daf...hio ni yetu pia?

Last edited by mchoraji on Mon Feb 11 2013, 15:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picha ionekane)
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Empty Such innovation amazes

Post  mogen Mon Feb 11 2013, 19:33

Check this

mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Mon Feb 11 2013, 21:39

"we hv invested more in military than police"..PK. debate on security
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Tue Feb 12 2013, 00:00

mogen wrote:
Check this

this guy should be taken to KAFTEC and help make our very own predator drone
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Tue Feb 12 2013, 08:09

timoh wrote:"we hv invested more in military than police"..PK. debate on security

These guys have no idea what they are talking about.SU 30s are lurking next door in two different locations.how do they expect us to survive with an under-funded military? by faith perhaps
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Feb 12 2013, 17:46

timoh wrote:"we hv invested more in military than police"..PK. debate on security

Last time i checked, the internal security budget was almost equal to that of the defense guys. Question is, are the allocated resources being efficiently utilized by the former? You cannot dish out your half loaf of bread and cry for mine.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Feb 13 2013, 01:29

mogen wrote:
Check this

Me, It scares the shit out of me! But i like the part where he gets the remote control working in relation to the aircraft.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Wed Feb 13 2013, 09:10

jasiri wrote:
mogen wrote:
Check this

Me, It scares the shit out of me! But i like the part where he gets the remote control working in relation to the aircraft.

As much as as I appreciate the effort let me say that this is not an innovation but an imitation. some of my observations are that the guy didn't finish his work on the drawing table and that explains failure on some basic aerodynamics e.g underpowered engine, flaps not extending, elevator seems permanently fixed and thus no chance of take off etc. Any way! amejaribu and he could probably come up with something with the right support. I actually think the guys at KAFTEC are the ones who can produce a drone because they have training and thorough understanding. Well, Kenyans will one day do a BIG thing. Keep watching!

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Empty OIL

Post  mchoraji Wed Feb 13 2013, 14:47

Some good news from up north it's official oil is in commercial quantities.hope this maneno is up & running fast we don't want to wait till 2020 to export the first barrel.

Kenya will have her first commercial oil production after Tullow Oil Plc announced that tests on Twiga 1 well in Turkana showed it will produce 2,850 barrels of fuel per day.

Tullow, which has been under pressure to deliver some good drilling news after a disappointing trading update in January, said results from its Twiga South-1 well showed "the first potentially commercial flow rates achieved in Kenya."

Four flow tests were carried out on Twiga South-1 in January and early February and a fifth test is ongoing, Tullow said, predicting a total combined flow rate of over 2,850 barrels of oil per day for the well in northern Kenya.
"That's better than the 500 barrels a day... they discussed as an expectation," said Macquarie analyst Mark Wilson. "They've pulled a rabbit out of the hat there on operational progress."

Energy Ministry Permanent Secretary Patrick Nyoike welcomed the development.

"There will be more focus on Kenya as a potential oil producing country," he said.

In other news buddies I know tulikataa siasa hapa. allow me though to air my thoughts on all that is happening.I don't believe the west will impose sanctions even if uhuruto win.just look at what's happening on the economic front.the NSE is at it's best despite the fact that march 4th is so near.it's not the local investors who are driving up the figures......it's the foreign investors.since their stock exchanges are performing real badly they have decided kuhamia huku.infact this' the time we invest in stocks tule hii mali.now that tullow is confirming mafuta ni mingi do you want to tell me johnny would rock the kenyan boat hata if these guys win? don't think so with BBK, safcom, stanchart, EABL & all the other areas johnny has interests in....& with his economy not doing so well....his bluff can be called

mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Feb 13 2013, 18:12

mchoraji wrote:Some good news from up north it's official oil is in commercial quantities.hope this maneno is up & running fast we don't want to wait till 2020 to export the first barrel.

Kenya will have her first commercial oil production after Tullow Oil Plc announced that tests on Twiga 1 well in Turkana showed it will produce 2,850 barrels of fuel per day.

Tullow, which has been under pressure to deliver some good drilling news after a disappointing trading update in January, said results from its Twiga South-1 well showed "the first potentially commercial flow rates achieved in Kenya."

Four flow tests were carried out on Twiga South-1 in January and early February and a fifth test is ongoing, Tullow said, predicting a total combined flow rate of over 2,850 barrels of oil per day for the well in northern Kenya.
"That's better than the 500 barrels a day... they discussed as an expectation," said Macquarie analyst Mark Wilson. "They've pulled a rabbit out of the hat there on operational progress."

Energy Ministry Permanent Secretary Patrick Nyoike welcomed the development.

"There will be more focus on Kenya as a potential oil producing country," he said.

In other news buddies I know tulikataa siasa hapa. allow me though to air my thoughts on all that is happening.I don't believe the west will impose sanctions even if uhuruto win.just look at what's happening on the economic front.the NSE is at it's best despite the fact that march 4th is so near.it's not the local investors who are driving up the figures......it's the foreign investors.since their stock exchanges are performing real badly they have decided kuhamia huku.infact this' the time we invest in stocks tule hii mali.now that tullow is confirming mafuta ni mingi do you want to tell me johnny would rock the kenyan boat hata if these guys win? don't think so with BBK, safcom, stanchart, EABL & all the other areas johnny has interests in....& with his economy not doing so well....his bluff can be called

Thanks for the good news @ Mchoraji.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Empty Re:Kenya Defence Forces

Post  proud kenyan Thu Feb 14 2013, 09:23

i hope the absence of most uniforms right now is because of this
http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2013/02/kin-of-kenyan-hostages-in-somalia-cry-for-help/

deadline was today i believe

also the government should issue a complete and total hands-off to all politicians regarding all national security affairs, they dshould have joined the security apparatus if they believe they have all the answers to everything

Last edited by proud kenyan on Thu Feb 14 2013, 09:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding a comment)

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 23 Empty KENYAN HOSTAGE

Post  mchoraji Fri Feb 15 2013, 10:57

What is this sh*t about shabaab executing a kenyan soldier they were holding hostage?
ON what's up?

Al Shabaab militants claim to have executed a captured Kenyan soldier and repeated threats to kill five other hostages, the extremists said Friday.

“While the mujaheddin have executed the serving KDF (Kenya Defence Force) soldier, there is still a chance of securing the release of the remaining five prisoners,” the Shabaab said in a statement.

The claims could not be verified.
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Neutral Ground Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:09

Olekoima wrote:

Last time i checked, the internal security budget was almost equal to that of the defense guys. Question is, are the allocated resources being efficiently utilized by the former? You cannot dish out your half loaf of bread and cry for mine.

Internal security unlike defence is a convoluted affair witH multiple player some not so nice.Can u imagine a reformed mungiki laying down to u the terms of engagement.And the remuneration thereof. U grind ua teeth in silence.
Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next