THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

+41
timoh
Kepler-Euler
HokumA
mogen
Sayaret matkal
chui
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
mashaa
Al Bashir
mwepesi
Batian
mambotupu
Balozi
MOOZALENDO
aggressor one
The Blue
tempest
Ned Starks Head
mekatilili
kimiti
one man army
Ole Sidai
Mbaine
areba
livefire
Sierra Kilo
Risasi
countersniper
Kobooz
mJESHI mMOJA
Flying Crane
Observer
Interloper
Fabrizio
cylon
mbs
MWAURA
jasiri
Spartan
Olekoima
Analyst
45 posters

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 2 Empty Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 20:29

ole Nkarei wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

The two monsters, the Mil M-28 and the Kamov-50 are all aircrafts of comparable role (Along with Apache AH-64).

Comparable role is quite a generalised terminology. In effect both of these have entirely different tactical definitions, nevertheless for our situation either or both would serve us wonderfully into the next 10 years or so. GoK ordered 32 Units Mi.28, 16 Units delivered before year-end; the Ka-50 is on trial-offer We don't need both - but what a magical pair of killers!! Mi.28 sells at USD14Million, Kamov at USD16Million. The Mi-28 beats the Ka-50 hands down in on-board Intelligence and logic-interface with crew - primarily because flying and fighting on the Ka-50 is done simultaneously by the pilot. Air Cav chaps say the Mi.28 is a Ferrari, the Ka-50 bare knuckled street-fighter Subaru. Has markedly better surviveability than the Mi-28. Now, because the Russian are replacing their single seater Ka-50 with the two-seat in-tandem Ka-52, it may be easier to get 'packaged' Kamov than the Mi28.
Wachaa!!

This is some Tasty stuff...salivating bom

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 2 Empty A New Opportunity To Help God is Great.

Post  cylon Thu Mar 22 2012, 22:49

As you know know my fellow friends you've heard that the Malian Army has succeeded in taking power from the main government and it looks like their cry for better weapons needs to be heard. We already have our foregin minister there wentangula and it look like that is a good thing for us because he can bring an end to the coup and return the government back to civilian hands because the international commuinty is distancing itself from the crisis. Heres how we can broker an deal with the army to provide to them with a lease of our C.O.I.N. planes for 2 or 3 years to handle the threat at their northern regions then we can supply them with our vast stores of G3 rifles(and we replace them with M1A4 guns) this diplomatic deal would benefit kenya in the long run because it will provide us with another member into the land bridge project and it will force Nigeria to awake and handle all crisis in the ECOWAS Region. If you want me to explain more i will to clarify anything that you would doubt.

[youtube][/youtube]
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 07:11

cylon wrote:As you know know my fellow friends you've heard that the Malian Army has succeeded in taking power from the main government and it looks like their cry for better weapons needs to be heard. We already have our foregin minister there wentangula and it look like that is a good thing for us because he can bring an end to the coup and return the government back to civilian hands because the international commuinty is distancing itself from the crisis. Heres how we can broker an deal with the army to provide to them with a lease of our C.O.I.N. planes for 2 or 3 years to handle the threat at their northern regions then we can supply them with our vast stores of G3 rifles(and we replace them with M1A4 guns) this diplomatic deal would benefit kenya in the long run because it will provide us with another member into the land bridge project and it will force Nigeria to awake and handle all crisis in the ECOWAS Region. If you want me to explain more i will to clarify anything that you would doubt.

Eiish, little bro, even me you got my goat up this time!! Anyway, diversity is wealth, they say. But geopolitics is not played in the manner you advise, Cylon – see, we are in all this trouble with Johnny and his friends coz we are supplanting their insidious strategies in the Sudan, DRC, Eritrea, Somalia , Mozambique (remember who stopped the shooting there?). Enough on our plate, I reckon – there is such a thing as biting off too much. Geopolitics seeks to create a critical mass of policy-similarity, in a given sphere, of strategically vital national interests. We have none that far up north – Mali is an Nigerian Overwatch / ECOMOG.

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Fri Mar 23 2012, 10:14

ole Nkarei wrote:
Olekoima wrote: Do we have hellfire missiles too?

Hellfire? Hell, no! That is Sammy's price jewel.
Ooops! An airforce techie buddy of mine in the 90s swore they had hellfires. An aircav officer I know at the same time said the same,anyway my bad!
Cylon,relax. Geopolitical games are chess matches. Even football derbies use discretion in their operations and planning. What you're suggesting is more akin to a street carnival affair-
Heres how we can broker an deal with the army to provide to them with a
lease of our C.O.I.N. planes for 2 or 3 years to handle the threat at
their northern regions then we can supply them with our vast
Which COIN planes? If you mean the dedicated CAS planes the strikemasters and hawks are all in storage and there's also the small matter of lingo;they're French speakers in those parts. Also who would pay? Those Brit jets are expensive to keep flying,which is why they're now in storage.
Btw,someone mentioned a few pages back an end of year eastafrican.userboard members get together,booze and nyama choma somewhere we can all get face to face. I'm all for it-a poll guys??

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 10:25

MWAURA wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

Ooops! An airforce techie buddy of mine in the 90s swore they had hellfires. An aircav officer I know at the same time said the same,anyway my bad!
Btw,someone mentioned a few pages back an end of year eastafrican.userboard members get together,booze and nyama choma somewhere we can all get face to face. I'm all for it-a poll guys??

Hold that thought, Mwaura, lemme run another cross-check - though I ain't a Fly-boy, Hellfire Missiles are ''Undergraduate level'' where the entire village turns up for graduation! If you know what I mean.

As for the forum get-together, eeishh, man, you gotta count me out. Would love nothing else more, but.....

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 2 Empty 700 Ugandans In Diaspora Resolve To Topple M7

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 10:34

Sorry guy's to go off key a bit! but maybe @Spartan can shed more light into this.... how real a threat is “Ekimeeza kya South Africa” posing to UG. currently?? looking at these stories, http://www.chimpreports.com/index.php/news/4165-rebellion-700-ugandans-in-diaspora-resolve-to-topple-m7.html and http://www.chimpreports.com/index.php/news/4153-exclusive%3A-col.-muhoozi%E2%80%99s-life-in-south-africa-threatened.html they are becoming more radicalized by the day. does our friends down south involved in anyway as they are playing host to this subversive group and not interfering with their activities?

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Fri Mar 23 2012, 13:50

Maturity comes with time beloved web Bloggers ……we are now at peace with each other. amen

@cyclon watch you wordings smart fellow .don’t forget I took a bullet for you… What rehab are you talking about?

Nkarei wrote:Eiish, little bro, even me you got my goat up this time!! Anyway, diversity is wealth, they say. But geopolitics is not played in the manner you advise, Cylon........

Very soon the medical fraternity will have a blogging syndrome named after this kid. he never seems to learn.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:22

@crane/Spartan word around is that you have received anti-ship missile for the Su’s……mmhh?? Divulge if possible
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:53

ole Nkarei wrote:
Interloper wrote:

IT

It is now a coup.
Main gripe is the boys want better "toys" to dance with in the north against the rebels.
ON and his buddies are lucky chaps, hee.

Dang right Interloper!! I tell you, each morning I remind myself how fortunate I am to be Kenyan and serving. I thought coup d'etat went outta fashion in Africa last decade, man? Eeiish!

I was making exactly the same comment as I watched the unfolding events in Mali this morning, that I thot we have put off the shackles of coups! this was quite unexpected in todays Africa. SA being bashed a bit, but closer home how about Thin Tall One? why does he seem to shy off Somali issue? He claims to be brave but so far has only hosted Somali delagations and made comments on twitter?

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Fri Mar 23 2012, 14:59

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:@crane/Spartan word around is that you have received anti-ship missile for the Su’s……mmhh?? Divulge if possible

Good ordnance for naughty Neighbors….. AWACS killers, we brought in
+20 Kh-31A1 anti ship
+10 Kh-31P anti radiation missle to knock out enemies anti air defense systems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kh-31#Variants
side note
+50 BVR missiles AA-12 Adder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-77_(missile)

+100 KAB500L precision guide munitions
una swali megine....Twisted Evil
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Mar 23 2012, 15:29

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:@crane/Spartan word around is that you have received anti-ship missile for the Su’s……mmhh?? Divulge if possible

Bro, haven't got a whiff of anything like that. But again, wouldn't it be only logical to get all the munitions that your toy can carry? Any particular interest in those munitions?

@dcoy, toppling M7 is a popular song among Ugandans in the diaspora. Groups like that are legion everywhere but right now I am inclined to call their bluff.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Fri Mar 23 2012, 16:05

Flying Crane wrote:Maturity comes with time beloved web Bloggers ……we are now at peace with each other. amen

@cyclon watch you wordings smart fellow .don’t forget I took a bullet for you… What rehab are you talking about?

Nkarei wrote:Eiish, little bro, even me you got my goat up this time!! Anyway, diversity is wealth, they say. But geopolitics is not played in the manner you advise, Cylon........

Very soon the medical fraternity will have a blogging syndrome named after this kid. he never seems to learn.

Yes i thank you for your sacrifice, It was a joke about the rehab because you stopped surfacing. Why would they have a blogging syndrome about me i was a little naive that's all and i was trying to show you a point. the point was that we have a trapped foreign affair minister in a country that is going thru a coup and his job is to handle diplomatic crises etc and the coup is trying to address that the military needs new weapons to fight the rebels in the region. And right now is the golden hour because the military/the people of Mali are confused of the circumstances it will bring and they are seeking support from the its neighbors who are now distancing themselves from the coup to help out. Nigeria will be to slow to react to the problem because they themselves are handling Boko haram in the north . So the solution here is that we take advantage of the situation and turn it into a global diplomatic win or things will start to get out of control very quickly.

AGAIN WHY DO PEOPLE THINK IM CRAZY OR NEED HELP IM PERFECTLY FINE AS IM TRYING TO WORK WITH MY CREATIVITY
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 17:11

That would be an astounding development! Anti-ship air-launched Missiles to fight what sea-borne threat to Uganda? KDF-Navy hasn't anything they can throw into Kampala from Mombasa, not even South African Navy has neither!! But @Spartan affirms not having caught whiff of such maneno.

@Hey Crane - cut the kid some slack, man. He is learning and trying. Laughing

@Cylon - There is no one in that country Wetangula can talk to yet - he is hostage now like every Malian. Presently it is just a flux very insecure and confused environment that is not supportive of diplomacy. Let it clarify kidogo - a leadership structure, open communications, issues, and then... As concerns their allegations that they lacked weapons to fight the Rebels, that is just BS - take a close look at those brigands and then see if you can spot any 'Soldiers' amongst them!!

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Fri Mar 23 2012, 18:39

ole Nkarei wrote:

That would be an astounding development! Anti-ship air-launched Missiles to fight what sea-borne threat to Uganda? KDF-Navy hasn't anything they can throw into Kampala from Mombasa, not even South African Navy has neither!! But @Spartan affirms not having caught whiff of such maneno.

@Hey Crane - cut the kid some slack, man. He is learning and trying. Laughing

@Cylon - There is no one in that country Wetangula can talk to yet - he is hostage now like every Malian. Presently it is just a flux very insecure and confused environment that is not supportive of diplomacy. Let it clarify kidogo - a leadership structure, open communications, issues, and then... As concerns their allegations that they lacked weapons to fight the Rebels, that is just BS - take a close look at those brigands and then see if you can spot any 'Soldiers' amongst them!!

So rebels have taken control of that government it was so effortless that even the police did nothing to stop it

Last edited by cylon on Fri Mar 23 2012, 23:28; edited 1 time in total
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Mar 23 2012, 18:58

Hey really? Where will they be used? UG faces no sea borne threat as to warrant these. If true, these may never be deployed hence translating to a waste of resources.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Mar 23 2012, 19:02

Flying Crane wrote:

Good ordnance for naughty Neighbors….. AWACS killers, we brought in
+20 Kh-31A1 anti ship
+10 Kh-31P anti radiation missle to knock out enemies anti air defense systems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kh-31#Variants
side note
+50 BVR missiles AA-12 Adder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-77_(missile)

+100 KAB500L precision guide munitions
una swali megine....Twisted Evil

Oh, may be this makes some sense atleast.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Fri Mar 23 2012, 19:15

Olekoima wrote:

Hey really? Where will they be used? UG faces no sea borne threat as to warrant these. If true, these may never be deployed hence translating to a waste of resources.

They have a lake to protect
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Fri Mar 23 2012, 21:19

cylon wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

They have a lake to protect

they need to protect Migingo. what else?
any way just seen on BBC that EU navies have been authorized to take the fight to the Somali pirates on land by targeting all land bases and fuel depots from tonight.
this explains why KDF navy was shortchanged in the recent AMISOM deals.
I suppose could be tofauti if kdf had taken KISMAYU.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 22:45

countersniper wrote:

they need to protect Migingo. what else?
any way just seen on BBC that EU navies have been authorized to take the fight to the Somali pirates on land by targeting all land bases and fuel depots from tonight.
this explains why KDF navy was shortchanged in the recent AMISOM deals.
I suppose could be tofauti if kdf had taken KISMAYU.

@Olekoima – bro, at Usd650K a pop, and Crane confides purchase of 30units with the Sukhois? A low-yield warheaded cruise missile with a measly maxi range of 100KM? Eeiish bana! Enough to procure two Units of fully supported Mi-24 that the boys so badly need in Crazy town.

@Countersniper - the Brits don’t want competing Naval presence in the Somalia Continental Shelf where they intend to start stealing hydrocarbons next year. You reckon we should ‘’offer’’ uncle Woo a toehold, eh? And Kismayu has always looked like some ‘’friends’’ had planned some unpleasantries for KDF. In war, it does little good to grope around the dark. And the strangulation has been effective though not as spectacular.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Mar 23 2012, 23:27

ole Nkarei wrote:

I would rather disagree with your perspective here. For the SU-30MK2s to strike a ship in Mombasa, they would have to be within 200km - 120km of Mombasa, well past Nairobi if you're flying eastwards. If you find that difficult to fathom, it's because it's not about to happen.

There's a good reason we chose the SU-30MK2 with its maritime attack capabilities, but I can assure all and sundry here that the only time we intend to wage war around Mombasa is when our sea export route is threatened (read Kenya is attacked from sea).

@olekoima, if there was to be a war about Migingo, it would have taken place by now. For us procuring a modern fighter-bomber was conceived around 2007, well before the Migingo fracas. Do not blame us for your long slumber.

@ole Nkarei, you will always lose battles that involve you denying the efficacy of the Kh-59MK air-to-ship radar jamming missile that lockes on its target and autonomously tracks and destroys it, that will happen even if you chose the time and place of the battle.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Fri Mar 23 2012, 23:34

MWAURA wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

Cylon,relax. Geopolitical games are chess matches. Even football derbies use discretion in their operations and planning. What you're suggesting is more akin to a street carnival affair-
Which COIN planes? If you mean the dedicated CAS planes the strikemasters and hawks are all in storage and there's also the small matter of lingo;they're French speakers in those parts. Also who would pay? Those Brit jets are expensive to keep flying,which is why they're now in storage.

Kenya got short tucanos back in the early 90s about a fleet of 12 planes and one crashed i wonder what is their current status probably risasi can provide info on this. Also if the hawks and strikemasters are to expensive to operate why dont we sell them to countries that want light attack jets on demand. And language is no problem all you need is a translator. Im too far away to have a chance to enjoy nama choma with you guys
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sat Mar 24 2012, 07:52

@Olekoima ..the Hellfire is nothing more than a Semi-active laser homing missile. your buddies might confused it with a similar KAF missiles.
@Mjeshi I also read, on the net about a consignment (same magnitude as crane wrote) of Anti-ship missile and anti-radiation missile for the UPDF-AF. It was puzzling but again the internet is not the Gospel. I will see if I can trace back that site.
@cyclon 11 Tucano's at FTS Eastleigh.one crashed in 91-92 with a colleague Lt.Talam R.I.P during his solos.

the 4 examples of the KA-Five-OOH are doing A+ Demo in maneuverability, speed and cap....Blackflips , reverse runs name it.Maneuvers previously reserved for the fix wing class https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehdcIbK0ljk&feature=related Lets see if we can gun it down for AF colors as a COIN piece. The Hawk officially went to sleep (retired) a Month ago.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 24 2012, 09:26

Spartan wrote:

For the SU-30MK2s to strike a ship in Mombasa, they would have to be within 200km - 120km of Mombasa, well past Nairobi............

.... I can assure all and sundry here that the only time we intend to wage war around Mombasa is when our sea export route is threatened (read Kenya is attacked from sea).

@ole Nkarei, you will always lose battles that involve you denying the efficacy of the Kh-59MK / Kh-59MK air-to-ship radar jamming missile [/url]that lockes on its target and autonomously tracks and destroys it, that will happen even if you chose the time and place of the battle.

@Spartan – obviously you chaps in the UPDF have every right to build War Simulations using whatever matrix your brass choses, including ‘’waging war around Mombasa’’ ‘’protecting your export sea route’’ – logically the only check being a degree of realism, the possibility of occurrence and depth of force-ability (planned or existing). UPDF-AF fighting around Mombasa for whatever reason anytime soon? That, my brother, breaks the glass jar!! If Kenya faces seaborne aggression that is so overwhelming as to need assistance from anyone, there is little the UPDF will be able to do to help stem it. Do you see KDF and UPDF up against a full-fledged multi-pronged invasion by Johnny and his cousins? I don't!

Now, I did not doubt the capacity of the Kh-31A1. I just said that the UPDF-AF does not have it. This babe is ‘’Ship-Specific’’ due to range and payload – and the UPDF-AF is not coming within 800Km of Mombasa anytime soon!! At a cost of USD650,000 a piece, 30 units could buy munitions and ordnance that is more specific to the realistic needs of the UPDF, even two mi24 Gunships so desperately demanded in Crazy town.

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sat Mar 24 2012, 11:30

[quote="Spartan"]d]@olekoima, if there was to be a war about Migingo, it would have taken place by now. For us procuring a modern fighter-bomber was conceived around 2007, well before the Migingo fracas. Do not blame us for your long slumber.

No, this was not meant for me. I didn't mention Migingo. It was countersniper who did. I just wondered about the need for anti-ship missiles by UPDF. I see you have answered this in one of your posts above.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 2 Empty EU approves land based attacks on so called somali pirates.

Post  countersniper Sat Mar 24 2012, 11:38

Here are more links to this developing story.

i cannot see anything mentioning kdf navy in this mix and yet since kdf suffocated kismayu..from October last year there have been no pirate attacks in this zone.
most recent attacks in the region are happening further north near Aden or the entrance to the gulf and the pirates disappear into puntland or Yemeni coastline.
Why is kdf not aggressively telling the world they have the situation under control.?
i notice the tweeting major chirchir is now not tweeting on the war but is now attempting to promote some sort of education based ngo initiative in the war zone...i found it strange he also mentioned the ICC hacker witness email accounts suspects ITUMBI in one of the tweets.

http://warnewsupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/eu-approves-attacks-on-somali-pirate.html
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sat Mar 24 2012, 12:32

countersniper wrote:Here are more links to this developing story.

i cannot see anything mentioning kdf navy in this mix and yet since kdf suffocated kismayu..from October last year there have been no pirate attacks in this zone.
most recent attacks in the region are happening further north near Aden or the entrance to the gulf and the pirates disappear into puntland or Yemeni coastline.
Why is kdf not aggressively telling the world they have the situation under control.?
i notice the tweeting major chirchir is now not tweeting on the war but is now attempting to promote some sort of education based ngo initiative in the war zone...i found it strange he also mentioned the ICC hacker witness email accounts suspects ITUMBI in one of the tweets.

[url=http://warnewsupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/eu-approves-attacks-on-somali-pirate.html
http://warnewsupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/eu-approves-attacks-on-somali-pirate.html[/quote[/url]]

Are these European navies going to operate next to Kismayu anyway? Me thinks they are intended for operations up North, next to the gulp of Eden and the like where it is to far for the East African navies(read Kenya navy), but then you never know our friends were not happy about our stealing of the thunder from them. Isn't it funny that they are now sreaming in to claim some credit after we africans have done the spade work? Once Somalia is pacified no one will mention Uganda, Burundi, Djibouti or Kenya. It will always be the US, UK etc never mind that they have fallen flat in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Sat Mar 24 2012, 14:52

ole Nkarei wrote:@Spartan – obviously you chaps in the UPDF have every right to build War Simulations using whatever matrix your brass choses, including ‘’waging war around Mombasa’’ ‘’protecting your export sea route’’ – logically the only check being a degree of realism, the possibility of occurrence and depth of force-ability (planned or existing). UPDF-AF fighting around Mombasa for whatever reason anytime soon? That, my brother, breaks the glass jar!! If Kenya faces seaborne aggression that is so overwhelming as to need assistance from anyone, there is little the UPDF will be able to do to help stem it. Do you see KDF and UPDF up against a full-fledged multi-pronged invasion by Johnny and his cousins? I don't!

Now, I did not doubt the capacity of the Kh-31A1. I just said that the UPDF-AF does not have it. This babe is ‘’Ship-Specific’’ due to range and payload – and the UPDF-AF is not coming within 800Km of Mombasa anytime soon!! At a cost of USD650,000 a piece, 30 units could buy munitions and ordnance that is more specific to the realistic needs of the UPDF, even two mi24 Gunships so desperately demanded in Crazy town.

Man, that was just my humble two cents not the 'War Simulations' of the UPDF. Suffice to say, I withdraw them henceforth. As for the ship missiles, the SU-30MK2 was chosen for its avionics that afford it maritime attack capabilities, period. And for that, it is more expensive than others in the SU-30 family. You don't expect UPDAF to forego the munitions for the very capabilities it bought the plane for, do you?

As for the Mi24s, we can do the job with or without them. And yes, UPDAF is not coming to Mombasa anytime soon, but reserves the right to develop the capability to reach there.
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS: - Page 2 Empty SHORTS TUCANO

Post  Kobooz Sat Mar 24 2012, 15:09

cylon wrote:
MWAURA wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

Kenya got short tucanos back in the early 90s about a fleet of 12 planes and one crashed i wonder what is their current status probably risasi can provide info on this. Also if the hawks and strikemasters are to expensive to operate why dont we sell them to countries that want light attack jets on demand. And language is no problem all you need is a translator. Im too far away to have a chance to enjoy nama choma with you guys

Haven't you spotted the tucanos flying training sorties over Nairobi? Also during national functions. They are still alive

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sat Mar 24 2012, 15:26

The crazy thing is even in Afghanistan the usual war mongering republicans are calling for a swift climbdown...and just forgetting that when Obama set a date of 2014 they were shouting at the top it was wrong to set a date of surrender.
my gut feeling is the day they leave Afghanistan the crazy religious fanatics in the Muslim world will declare that day a national Holiday.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Sat Mar 24 2012, 15:44

Spartan wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:@Spartan – obviously you chaps in the UPDF have every right to build War Simulations using whatever matrix your brass choses, including ‘’waging war around Mombasa’’ ‘’protecting your export sea route’’ – logically the only check being a degree of realism, the possibility of occurrence and depth of force-ability (planned or existing). UPDF-AF fighting around Mombasa for whatever reason anytime soon? That, my brother, breaks the glass jar!! If Kenya faces seaborne aggression that is so overwhelming as to need assistance from anyone, there is little the UPDF will be able to do to help stem it. Do you see KDF and UPDF up against a full-fledged multi-pronged invasion by Johnny and his cousins? I don't!

Man, that was just my humble two cents not the 'War Simulations' of the UPDF. Suffice to say, I withdraw them henceforth. As for the ship missiles, the SU-30MK2 was chosen for its avionics that afford it maritime attack capabilities, period. And for that, it is more expensive than others in the SU-30 family. You don't expect UPDAF to forego the munitions for the very capabilities it bought the plane for, do you?

As for the Mi24s, we can do the job with or without them. And yes, UPDAF is not coming to Mombasa anytime soon, but reserves the right to develop the capability to reach there.

spartan i can confidently tell you that in case any hostilities break and eventual war breaks out between our two friendly countries..(which is totally unlikely anyway)..the farthest your men will ever reach is migingo. otherwise they will be stopped and contained within Uganda borders.while that rock called migingo is sank to the bottom of the lake.
All manner of war simulations have been done and studied which shows that rapid annihilation of key assets and men plus material is key to finishing a quick and brutal conflict.BUT OF COURSE THE UN,AU,EU will never let things reach that far..but may opt to remove the key players causing this risk of war instead.

btw
i see your men in AMISOM are complaining about unfair wages deductions from their earnings while serving in Somalia.
They say they are loosing 200 dollars per month deducted for unknown reasons.
surely would it not be better to pay these guys tax free?

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1372114/-/awrj5uz/-/index.html?

i can see UPDF is deploying another 5000 MEN to hunt for kony?
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next