THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
redqueen
mashaa
mambotupu
Uzi
Nesta
HokumA
mwepesi
countersniper
Analyst
Balozi
cylon
Sisal Makonge
Admin
georiise
Flying Crane
Ole Sidai
timoh
Batian
PatriotKenyan
Sayaret matkal
jasiri
Olekoima
tempest
mekatilili
GreyArea
livefire
Mkenya
Sierra Kilo
mchoraji
Kobooz
MWAURA
MasterChief
Interloper
Simbamundu
mogen
kimiti
proud kenyan
nyukilized
mJESHI mMOJA
africaken
obienga
Gallahad
Risasi
The Blue
SS Jamuhuri
50 posters

Page 18 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Risasi Sat Nov 08 2014, 11:15

deconstructor wrote:
Risasi wrote:
Ole Sidai wrote:
Risasi wrote:@Sidai Special Combat Assault rifle -Heavy , SCAR-H aka Mk17. (7.62mm)haven,t got hold of one but i hear it as smooth as a feather.  a sister smaller version also exists  MK16 (5.56mm)  not doing well in the international market as i have meant to learn. another rifle worth  considering which  gives the FN SCAR-H a run for its price is the Magpul Masada ACR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E623_4bDAwE&spfreload=1
 Scar is the 45 version. It is much better than the newer 17 series. In 2000 and part of 2001, my team had the chance to test FN 31 versions at Stony Athi. They wiped off R4, SAR, HK, AK series off the beat. FN 31 was later fine tuned to produce 45/scar-H and 17. And knowing that Ngano project was the brain child of FN mothers, am not surprised of it as the primary toy. It should be embraced at any cost.
The 5.56 version is not going anywhere! Even hunters around here despise that caliber. AK series in the region use that caliber but the advantage of quick rapid fire, portability, easy to handle is all wiped out by FN. Add 7.62 mike mike on it and high cyclic rate, accuracy and kill rate! Halafu...add on a well trained handler into the mix!....ask the 7 guys if they can ever tell the tale. Am sure it was easy pick for those battle hardened mean boys.
In my free time, testing those toys is still my hobby.
Quite frankly, my prayer is for peace on that wonderful region. We need it.

might have got my info all mixed up in this Land forces maneno ..but you were those guys i can bet Very Happy
deconstructor wrote:I hope KDF does not buy this jet
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Ae30663d1ef271129303e67ac8f51fa2_zpsb112f695

Very Happy  not for KE any sooner but what wrong with it? Laughing

Comrade Risasi my main issue with this plane is its limited flight envelope as compared to other probable replacements of the F5. Considering that there is a acquisition trend eastward the J10 might be a better candidate, it would hold its own against an Su30Mk2
eehh Mr Deco. the flight envelope is very ok , a Chinese Cloned Modified F-16 and a Lead fighters against the Indian  Air force Very Happy
@Jas. my bad clamshell cargo door Iko Smile
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Nov 08 2014, 21:20

Mkenya wrote:
Sierra Kilo wrote:Lets observe a quiet moment in memory of our comrades that were felled by bandits in Kapedo and while at it reflect deeply on how to mitigate such from befalling on us in the future

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 17675411

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 17675410
RIP,this administration just like the other has put the cart before the donkey on police issues while our military is well kitted.Police just dont just need new landcruiser pickups and Hino trucks for but also armored versions too.

Even some old EX-SA Casspir APCs will suit the NEP terrain perfectly.Yet again we lose officers and the attacks get bolder whats next probably take out an entire police camp or overun a divisional/provincial hq. Turkana and Pokot are Kenyans but when they go on rampage i think KDF needs to properly sober them up
You have to realise and accept that the President is not the Inspector General of police. If the Inspector General is an idiot (too kind a word for the current scenario) then the whole force is doomed. Insiders say that Ndegwa Muhoro the CID boss was to take over but tribal sensitivities prevented him from ascending to the top, as a result the second best (hopefully) candidate became in-charge of our very lives  Mad . Anyway, that is force politics. What does concern me though is that the GSU has been systematically weakened by successive bosses from the cream unit that Ali was building. How for example do we have GSU officers doing normal patrol work at night in urban centers? hii ni ujinga ya hali ya juu! 

@Risasi Hii ni macho ya kijana babaa. I can even spot you hugging the valleys at Longonot while im at fl 120
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Nov 08 2014, 21:28

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Ae30663d1ef271129303e67ac8f51fa2_zpsb112f695
Dont worry, i can put my balls on a table and give u a hammer in a bet of a Hi-Lo mix in the KAF. That is, if this (sadly isn't) is coming in to replace the Tigers then a pure aerial superiority warbird will come in to provide top cover. e.g Su 30 hi, FC-1 lo.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Sun Nov 09 2014, 14:02

jasiri wrote:
Mkenya wrote:
Sierra Kilo wrote:Lets observe a quiet moment in memory of our comrades that were felled by bandits in Kapedo and while at it reflect deeply on how to mitigate such from befalling on us in the future

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 17675411

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 17675410
RIP,this administration just like the other has put the cart before the donkey on police issues while our military is well kitted.Police just dont just need new landcruiser pickups and Hino trucks for but also armored versions too.

Even some old EX-SA Casspir APCs will suit the NEP terrain perfectly.Yet again we lose officers and the attacks get bolder whats next probably take out an entire police camp or overun a divisional/provincial hq. Turkana and Pokot are Kenyans but when they go on rampage i think KDF needs to properly sober them up
You have to realise and accept that the President is not the Inspector General of police. If the Inspector General is an idiot (too kind a word for the current scenario) then the whole force is doomed. Insiders say that Ndegwa Muhoro the CID boss was to take over but tribal sensitivities prevented him from ascending to the top, as a result the second best (hopefully) candidate became in-charge of our very lives  Mad . Anyway, that is force politics. What does concern me though is that the GSU has been systematically weakened by successive bosses from the cream unit that Ali was building. How for example do we have GSU officers doing normal patrol work at night in urban centers? hii ni ujinga ya hali ya juu! 

@Risasi Hii ni macho ya kijana babaa. I can even spot you hugging the valleys at Longonot while im at fl 120
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Image

I thing even deploying many of the above patrol pickup trucks, this time for the police would already be better. It is easier to respond to an ambush and especially when the pickups are many it is much better than being inside one enclosed truck.

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09 2014, 15:00

jasiri wrote:
Dont worry, i can put my balls on a table and give u a hammer in a bet of a Hi-Lo mix in the KAF. That is, if this (sadly isn't) is coming in to replace the Tigers then a pure aerial superiority warbird will come in to provide top cover. e.g Su 30 hi, FC-1 lo.

Ha ha ha very funny. You must be very confident to offer up that tiny pair in a bet. It would not be surprising to see the F5 replacement coming from the east considering previous purchases of WZ551, Z9,....

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Technology mambo 2030

Post  Mkenya Mon Nov 10 2014, 23:55

Hotspot areas like Turkana and Pokot in our country and the black gold find in this areas turning into Niger delta is quite a realistic threat it got me thinking,our military and Gok as a whole needs now think how we can go space age via cheaper technology available nanosatellites of 1-50kg payolad with an average cost of $300k as opposed to $100m for fullsized satellites are now being deployed in space even by US companies.
This is a new segment i know probably with loads of redtape to acquire but its also abit bonkers to acquire multimillion dollar air assets to deploy if you don't have realtime intel or have to risk men's lives to get it.With eyes in the sky our response to situations arising can be easy like sunday morning.
On matters intelligence, we have/if not already build listening stations in mombasa to monitor all comms via all fiberlink i.e. Teams,EASSy,SEAcom that surface up from the sea.
Mkenya
Mkenya

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Kenya Somalia Maritime issue

Post  kimiti Thu Nov 13 2014, 13:57

In this maneno of Somalia claiming a stake in the sea off the two countries, In my opinion, they might be right. "SO WHAT"!! Their claim in no different from one where a man's kids have literally been living in his brother's boma. The brother has been feeding them, clothing them and even sending them to school, because the man is a drunk and cant take of his own. The brother has been kind enough to come and put a thatch over the man's hut because the wife is complaining that in the rainy season the hut is one big puddle. Heck, throw in the brother has dug a new latrine for the drunk coz the earlier one is full and he is tired of the drunk taking a dunk in his backyard.
The drunk finally realizes that the mango tree on the boundary of the two brothers has been dropping mangoes in his brothers farm and he has promptly been taking them for his, now he wants to take the brother to the chief.
Whether there is oil or not in those blocks is irellevant. if Somalia continues this bullsh*t of claiming the land, they should also be prepared to take care of their mess. if there is oil, well and good, but it will run dry. its not like they have a shortage of oil in their damn country to be claiming the blocks.
And how on earth are they willing to enforce an offshore piece of real estate if they cant guard the presidential palace!!!
kimiti
kimiti

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty NYS

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15 2014, 04:57

With the NYS being restructured with the aim of reducing youth unemployment are they planning to offer IT based diplomas, even if it means partnering with private schools to provide the training. Maybe like in coding in a language that is currently in demand. That way they can get jobs out of the country while they are still in Kenya, earn a lot of money, stimulate the economy,....
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 10570309_848589721826478_642119862895077201_n

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Nov 20 2014, 11:24

@risasi  whats  next now , i see your expected Fighters the Su30K (new ex-indian AF) have been snatch by Angola.
http://defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33590:angola-getting-12-not-18-su-30-fighters&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Nov 20 2014, 16:11

Flying Crane wrote:@risasi  whats  next now , i see your expected Fighters the Su30K (new ex-indian AF) have been snatch by Angola.
http://defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33590:angola-getting-12-not-18-su-30-fighters&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107
But where does it say Kenya was interested in these?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Nov 20 2014, 20:37

Olekoima wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:@risasi  whats  next now , i see your expected Fighters the Su30K (new ex-indian AF) have been snatch by Angola.

intel had it lets wait for Risasi to deny or confirm. the Ex-india Su30 were offered to ethopia Kenya and now have ended up in Angola. a batch  of KE  AF pillots were in Russia for that deal. this is not the first time KE grab such pending lucrative deals . a good exampple is the Mi28 that were meant for venezula ,failled to materials the deal KE grab it at a good price . i bet they were doing so for the Su30 , playing wishy washy in order to bring the lot price down.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Nov 21 2014, 10:13

Flying Crane wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

intel had it lets wait for Risasi to deny or confirm. the Ex-india Su30 were offered to ethopia Kenya and now have ended up in Angola. a batch  of KE  AF pillots were in Russia for that deal. this is not the first time KE grab such pending lucrative deals . a good exampple is the Mi28 that were meant for venezula ,failled to materials the deal KE grab it at a good price . i bet they were doing so for the Su30 , playing wishy washy in order to bring the lot price down.
Alright i get it, thanks.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Re:Somalia sectors

Post  proud kenyan Sat Nov 22 2014, 15:58

How wise was the decision to hand over the sectors north of the kenya-somalia border aka gedo to the ethiopians under amisom? seems like alot of attacks in kenya are either along that area or are being used as entry points for the devices to be used in attacks. Flashback to the bomb laden vehicle destroyed about a month or two ago in the areas of moyale,the bus attack of this morning,some bombs being planted in mandera,amongst others

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Nov 22 2014, 17:13

proud kenyan wrote:How wise was the decision to hand over the sectors north of the kenya-somalia border aka gedo to the ethiopians under amisom? seems like alot of attacks in kenya are either along that area or are being used as entry points for the devices to be used in attacks. Flashback to the bomb laden vehicle destroyed about a month or two ago in the areas of moyale,the bus attack of this morning,some bombs being planted in mandera,amongst others
And you wonder why they kept being hit by suicide bombers...These guys are an absolute joke!
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty How true........ Hope for Shizzie its true

Post  Mkenya Sun Nov 23 2014, 19:30

jasiri wrote:
proud kenyan wrote:How wise was the decision to hand over the sectors north of the kenya-somalia border aka gedo to the ethiopians under amisom? seems like alot of attacks in kenya are either along that area or are being used as entry points for the devices to be used in attacks. Flashback to the bomb laden vehicle destroyed about a month or two ago in the areas of moyale,the bus attack of this morning,some bombs being planted in mandera,amongst others
And you wonder why they kept being hit by suicide bombers...These guys are an absolute joke![/quote

HOW TRUE HOPE ITS TRUE
The National Intelligence Service of Kenya NIS and the Kenya Defense Forces have conducted a synchronized operation killing and destroying the terror cell that killed 28 people in Mandera bus attack today at 11.00 AM East African time.

Intelligence reports confirm a coordinated air raid is bieng conducted by Kenya Defense Forces fighter aircraft’s inside Somalia mid-morning Saturday in response to the Mandera bus attack.

National Intelligence Services used GPS and Satellite telecoms IP location tracking technology to trace origin of signals generated by satellite phones used by the Al-Shabaab terrorists to coordinate the attack.

Kenya Defense Forces deployed surveillance aircraft’s to the coordinate’s areas. The surveillance aircraft’s reported the exact locations to an Air-Calvary battalion which deployed 2 gunship helicopters to the area before the deployment of the air-force jets.

The signal origins and their transmitters were located and the coordinates of their location passed over to the Rapid Response squadron at the Kenya Defense Forces Laikipia airbase.

The air-raid used precision guided tow-missiles that accurately destroyed resources of the terrorists which included vehicles mounted with gunships besides ammunition and makeshift housing that served as a forward base of the terrorists.

Al-Shabaab have been using satellite phones to avoid detection by mobile phone signal and IP tracking systems.

Most of the terrorists have been killed in the synchronized counter attack operation by the Intelligence services and Kenya Defense Forces.

Increased cooperation between the intelligence services and the military is attributed to better responses to
Mkenya
Mkenya

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Sidai Sun Nov 23 2014, 20:55

HOW TRUE HOPE ITS TRUE
The National Intelligence Service of Kenya NIS and the Kenya Defense Forces have conducted a synchronized operation killing and destroying the terror cell that killed 28 people in Mandera bus attack today at 11.00 AM East African time.

Intelligence reports confirm a coordinated air raid is bieng conducted by Kenya Defense Forces fighter aircraft’s inside Somalia mid-morning Saturday in response to the Mandera bus attack.

National Intelligence Services used GPS and Satellite telecoms IP location tracking technology to trace origin of signals generated by satellite phones used by the Al-Shabaab terrorists to coordinate the attack.

Kenya Defense Forces deployed surveillance aircraft’s to the coordinate’s areas. The surveillance aircraft’s reported the exact locations to an Air-Calvary battalion which deployed 2 gunship helicopters to the area before the deployment of the air-force jets.

The signal origins and their transmitters were located and the coordinates of their location passed over to the Rapid Response squadron at the Kenya Defense Forces Laikipia airbase.

The air-raid used precision guided tow-missiles that accurately destroyed resources of the terrorists which included vehicles mounted with gunships besides ammunition and makeshift housing that served as a forward base of the terrorists.

Al-Shabaab have been using satellite phones to avoid detection by mobile phone signal and IP tracking systems.

Most of the terrorists have been killed in the synchronized counter attack operation by the Intelligence services and Kenya Defense Forces.

Increased cooperation between the intelligence services and the military is attributed to better responses to
@ Mkenya, it could be true because whole capability is there for such precise plans and execution. It has been done before, that one I know. However, your elaborate literature itaelevusha  hao. My wish is for whole chemical formula be kept off. Let them find out wenyewe.
A VERY SAD DAY FOR OUR REGION.
Ole Sidai
Ole Sidai

Back to top Go down

Post  kimiti Mon Nov 24 2014, 01:32

100 isnt enough,
we should be like the israelis, for everyone you kill, we will kill 100 0f you. we must follow them and leae a bitter taste in their mouths so that in future they hear of a plot to kill a kenyan they run.
I noticed that the DP laid the blame at the feet of the ethiopians. Even so, why do we appear to be such a soft target?
kimiti
kimiti

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Mon Nov 24 2014, 16:40

we are pushing in for official photos and clips  to be released in our local media.
our AS raids and aerial strike manenos.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Tue Nov 25 2014, 13:06

Risasi wrote:we are pushing in for official photos and clips  to be released in our local media.
as 'baba' wants to see the bodies of Al sheitan KIA..... itakuaje sasa for the kenyans when propaganda can be both ways? whom will they believe? Is it time to ignore the human rights and show the post-attack evidence?
Hell, our 28 lifeless citizens were displayed for all to see
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Tue Nov 25 2014, 18:34

Risasi wrote:we are pushing in for official photos and clips  to be released in our local media.
If there's one department that never went to war it is the Public liasion dept at MoD HQ. After Kismayu was taken, these guys slept. No journos were ever taken back. The effect of that was that, to the ordinary Kenyan the war had been won and it is now time to kick up our feet and swim in the malt. Ukweli ni kwamba, as long as Al-Shabab is out there the war still rages. Sasa Al Shabab has won the propaganda war while old school military generals still insist on secrecy. No matter how much we kill, as long as 1 remains with a laptop, he can successfully manage to bring the fight to our dors, like it is being done in the county of Mombasa. Risasi ambia hawa watu kama wameshindwa they let me do it for them for free.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Tue Nov 25 2014, 19:27

jasiri wrote:
If there's one department that never went to war it is the Public liasion dept at MoD HQ. After Kismayu was taken, these guys slept. No journos were ever taken back. The effect of that was that, to the ordinary Kenyan the war had been won and it is now time to kick up our feet and swim in the malt. Ukweli ni kwamba, as long as Al-Shabab is out there the war still rages. Sasa Al Shabab has won the propaganda war while old school military generals still insist on secrecy. No matter how much we kill, as long as 1 remains with a laptop, he can successfully manage to bring the fight to our dors, like it is being done in the county of Mombasa. Risasi ambia hawa watu kama wameshindwa they let me do it for them for free.

heheh you get the story ..old skul lakini ndiyo wa dosi things will change in time si you see sasa we have a mtandao.... things are to change..
le8tas pamoja
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Wed Nov 26 2014, 10:21

Risasi wrote:
jasiri wrote:

heheh you get the story ..old skul lakini ndiyo wa dosi things will change in time si you see sasa we have a mtandao.... things are to change..
le8tas pamoja
And speaking of mtandao, the twitter handle of KDF and Major Chirchir zilikufa kabisa even after recovery by the PSCU Digital team.  Rolling Eyes
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty N.Eastern

Post  Guest Mon Dec 01 2014, 10:03

With the kebabs starting to go after soft targets IMO it is time a border wall is given consideration. The construction can be even be assigned to youth groups and the CCTV towers to a local company. If not, next they will be attacking schools or hospitals

Back to top Go down

Post  obienga Mon Dec 01 2014, 16:52

deconstructor wrote:With the kebabs starting to go after soft targets IMO it is time a border wall is given consideration. The construction can be even be assigned to youth groups and the CCTV towers to a local company. If not, next they will be attacking schools or hospital
Ideally such a wall should start at the most porous spots. It has been effective for the Israelis. If the Anglo Leasers did indeed deliver "Project Nexus", a border monitoring system, then it is clearly not very effective or adequate assuming it exists.

Israel's cost per kilometer to construct the fence was $2m, without US funding it would have cost up to $6bn. From 2000-2003, 73 Palestinian attacks took place with 293 dead, 1900 injured. From August 2003-2006 with construction of the first section of the fence, suicide attacks reduced to 12 and 64 dead, 445 injured.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 E1ff922b46e706e4cbacbd1fa2b5ffef

obienga

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Mandera Again

Post  proud kenyan Tue Dec 02 2014, 09:42

we are there again! Again i ask,what was the thinking/wisdom behind handing over sectors north of kenyan border to the ethiopians,seeing that most of the terror attacks are originating in the sectors being manned by the ethipians?
as this is a blog that is watched by the brass, why cant we brainstorm on some solutions?
1. A re-classification of security zones in the country,so that the required resources are sent to where they are needed. this would see areas next to the border with somalia classified as a war zone (we declared war against al shabaab,they hide out in areas next to the kenyan border as opposed to areas like nyeri,kisumu etc) as areas in the radius of influence.
2. re-floating of the law establishing the national guard; the ability to lawfully deploy the military without the bureaucracy of going to legislative organs to report their need to deploy internally (sammy has done it to perfection,so much so that the military wore civilian apparel the other day when protests had overwhelmed the civilian security forces.) They can own some armor which can move between them and the military as and when needed, and may even swallow the military commands (especially nairobi command,which has been a bone of contention amongst the political class).
3. Have the prezzie move his political machinery towards approval of the anti-terrorism bill, which would give security agencies the muscle to deal ruthlessely with enemy combatants and their sympathisers. He has the capability to do so.

Lastly the C-in-C should be resolute in using the 'upanga' he was given during his inauguration,and the team of lawyers that came with the constitution,the end product would be for the lawyers to find constitutional ways for the C-in-C to effectively wield his 'upanga' and secure the country.

@bulletman, jas,mjeshi mmoja et al karibuni kuchangia kama hamjakamata ndege kama bulletman

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Kenya at war

Post  Gallahad Tue Dec 02 2014, 16:22

Did anyone count the number of times the president mentioned the fact that we are at war?

We have to adjust our mindset to one of a war footing. We have to accept the fact that we are at war. By doing this we should realise that anything that aids the enemy such as our bickering detracts from our war effort.

People we are in a struggle for our Nation. Lets fight and be victorious.

Stand up and be counted.

Gallahad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03 2014, 05:20

obienga wrote:
deconstructor wrote:With the kebabs starting to go after soft targets IMO it is time a border wall is given consideration. The construction can be even be assigned to youth groups and the CCTV towers to a local company. If not, next they will be attacking schools or hospital
Ideally such a wall should start at the most porous spots. It has been effective for the Israelis. If the Anglo Leasers did indeed deliver "Project Nexus", a border monitoring system, then it is clearly not very effective or adequate assuming it exists.

Israel's cost per kilometer to construct the fence was $2m, without US funding it would have cost up to $6bn. From 2000-2003, 73 Palestinian attacks took place with 293 dead, 1900 injured. From August 2003-2006 with construction of the first section of the fence, suicide attacks reduced to 12 and 64 dead, 445 injured.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 E1ff922b46e706e4cbacbd1fa2b5ffef
Obienga if there is anyone to learn from , its the Israelis IMO they are the best at this. Wow that is expensive,a basic version would be enough for NEKenya, to slow jumpers enough to where they are caught or identified

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Wed Dec 03 2014, 17:27

proud kenyan wrote:we are there again! Again i ask,what was the thinking/wisdom behind handing over sectors north of kenyan border to the ethiopians,seeing that most of the terror attacks are originating in the sectors being manned by the ethipians?
as this is a blog that is watched by the brass, why cant we brainstorm on some solutions?
1. A re-classification of security zones in the country,so that the required resources are sent to where they are needed. this would see areas next to the border with somalia classified as a war zone (we declared war against al shabaab,they hide out in areas next to the kenyan border as opposed to areas like nyeri,kisumu etc) as areas in the radius of influence.
2. re-floating of the law establishing the national guard; the ability to lawfully deploy the military without the bureaucracy of going to legislative organs to report their need to deploy internally (sammy has done it to perfection,so much so that the military wore civilian apparel the other day when protests had overwhelmed the civilian security forces.) They can own some armor which can move between them and the military as and when needed, and may even swallow the military commands (especially nairobi command,which has been a bone of contention amongst the political class).
3. Have the prezzie move his political machinery towards approval of the anti-terrorism bill, which would give security agencies the muscle to deal ruthlessely with enemy combatants and their sympathisers. He has the capability to do so.

Lastly the C-in-C should be resolute in using the 'upanga' he was given during his inauguration,and the team of lawyers that came with the constitution,the end product would be for the lawyers to find constitutional ways for the C-in-C to effectively wield his 'upanga' and secure the country.

@bulletman, jas,mjeshi mmoja et al karibuni kuchangia kama hamjakamata ndege kama bulletman

Vipi watu wa TEA, pole kwa kimya na kuwa potevu... Allow me to wade into this KPS maneno esp. post Kapedo… I doubt stuff like APC’s would help this guy’s much… to me the whole thing looked like a tactical issue, do our cops conduct continuous “priming” exercise at the lower formations  e.g. platoon section battle drills, say like the way KDF boys have them drilled into a cyclic regime to ensure formations can still perform even under pressure and where support under fire can be lacking … did they have a proper recce of the terrain to understand the areas where possible ambushes could be sprang and proceed to advance in offensive mode on the dismount in such areas for example… if this was a KDF patrol (they were about two platoon sections) would we have seen the same result…I mean a cop leaves Kiganjo and goes into civilian population for a good while doing normal police duties, and then suddenly finds himself being deployed into a small bush war, can he really hack it … and what happened to the ASTU, those guys used to be good at their thing, and what about the GSU, I believe we have now gone beyond letter P in their COY formations, meaning we have a good number of GSU, what are they doing patrolling streets as someone on the forum asked…  this reforms maneno needs to get off from its high seat and move into the “meat of the matter”  where boots meet the ground… there is a certain Esprit de corps and discipline that Ali has started to instill into these guys, he was the right cut for the IG job, sad that the ICC maneno placed a scar on his profile…in 84’ when he was commanding 20 para, I hear he put a lid on the Pokot maneno for a while, even the politicians (the Lotodo “Pokot King” guy) who was untouchable was literally “decommissioned” for a while including getting literary whipped by soldiers…

…I do agree with the National Guard idea, it would deal with the unnecessary fragmentation that currently exists, have one police unit and a paramilitary unit, independent of the other.  The regular police to be freed to do crime policing and have specialist arms including the CID, ATP or an equivalent and a Special crimes unit e.g. narcotics, all under the Kenya Police service.  All other units should fall under a National Guard Service, essentially a paramilitary force under KDF command in terms of training, kitting, logistical support and overall command. The GSU, ASTU, AP, AP-RDU, KWS, Forest Service and NYS all be divisions under a National Guard Service, with each division commander sitting in a National Guard Command preferably headed by a senior KDF military officer preferably from the Special Forces. Their roles should be well defined and a joint operation system that includes regular and synchronized inter-divisional training, including training with KDF units. This will ensure that such a force can draw from KDF logistical abilities including air support during internal operations and also ensure they are always up to date in terms of training. Such a force will support police and all internal civil operation whenever called to do so at quick notice. The various divisions will also be able to provide required inter-divisional support e.g. GSU supporting KWS whenever poaching is an issue and vice versa.  The other third force required to work closely would be NIS. But can NIS as presently mandated be effective for a country under attack? Can we continue have an intelligence service that doesn’t have a mandate that includes acting on some of their intelligence?  I believe we need to revise the rules of engagement and operational mandate of NIS and give them more teeth to operate. We must exorcise the “Special Branch” ghosts and allow NIS to function like a full intelligence service like the M11 or CIA, this include being able to act on intelligence whenever they have reason to believe a delay may mean endangering of Kenyan lives, all this I agree should be formulated against a proper mandate that respects civil rights and freedoms.  We must also allow the Police to do their jobs, currently about 25% of the police are performing roles that can be reallocated with a right security framework and legislation. Why are police still guarding banks, escorting CIT and other institutions that are not of security nature? Why are cops guarding politicians and other VIP’s? This work should be sub contracted to security companies. Proper legislation should be put in place to vet one or two large security companies and arm its personnel. Armed units of this security companies can be placed under the over sight of the Kenya Police boss, including having their armory approved stored and issues by the police. This will free more police to do proper policing work…
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty Suspicious Characters

Post  Kobooz Wed Dec 03 2014, 18:41

Ok, what is this. Or what could this be?

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/thecounties/article/2000143445/americans-arrested-for-suspicious-filming-in-gilgil

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 18 Empty FACING EAST

Post  Kobooz Thu Dec 04 2014, 10:04

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/russias-zil-builds-a-futuristic-armored-assault-wagon-1666346817

Not a bad jingle machine

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next