THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
redqueen
mashaa
mambotupu
Uzi
Nesta
HokumA
mwepesi
countersniper
Analyst
Balozi
cylon
Sisal Makonge
Admin
georiise
Flying Crane
Ole Sidai
timoh
Batian
PatriotKenyan
Sayaret matkal
jasiri
Olekoima
tempest
mekatilili
GreyArea
livefire
Mkenya
Sierra Kilo
mchoraji
Kobooz
MWAURA
MasterChief
Interloper
Simbamundu
mogen
kimiti
proud kenyan
nyukilized
mJESHI mMOJA
africaken
obienga
Gallahad
Risasi
The Blue
SS Jamuhuri
50 posters

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Balozi Thu Jul 02 2015, 11:42

mchoraji wrote:
Balozi wrote:

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Kaf110

for the sake of discussion analysis and that why we congregate here at the TEA forum, i would like to be correct if i am wrong

on the left  side of the picture i think they are two type of jet fighters. on the far left of the picture are what we  can make out as F-5 but the ones packed facing upwards on this picture  jet number 3 to 9 are visible  large wit two fins and two large exhaust or jet pipe outlet whatever its called,  not F-5 i can bet. the ones facing upwards are all parked nose abreast and its visible jet 1 and 2 are smaller
 the ones on the far right are Grob120 therefore this is a latest picture.

class share with me please Razz

the 2 jets on the far left (termed as hawks )are similat to the 5 on the far left
any insight

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Kaf_110

A different angle. Balozi has a point. Of the ten fighter jets, agree that the first seven on the right seem longer & 'double tailed'. The rest are definitely F5s.

Tempest, what have you started???

tempest wrote:Satellite imagery is an interesting hobby for the likes of people who congregate here. The 14 on the left side are all F-5s. Just the light and resolution distorting them a bit. Here they are on a different day with the Grobs in the hangar.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Kaf210

gentlemen i feel we stroked a gold mine
whether its my mind playing a trick on me or not  i feel they are 2 different dimensioned aircraft at the base without naming names and as more satellite imagery is  posted from different angle it very clear

my take
i. tempest click enlarge the picture link on the image posted you will clearly see bird number 3 -9 on the first image are larger.

II.they in no way hawks wil be on the tarmac yet they were withdraw from service.  it doesn't,t make sense. the last time i read in blogs they were  ground a t a north  eastern air base to make space for renovation at the fight base

III. SAT image 1or 2 , left top if you draw an imaginary line across across their  tail end the first 3 birds end up 2/3 the length of the larger ones.

IV. smoking gun  SAT image 1 top left 9 pieces, SAT image 3  5 pieces at top left  and 4 empty black spots on the tarmac where they were. i.e 1 small bird and 3 large birds are missing from the top left line up.
when we consider SAT image 3 the 4 jet aircraft more are on the right side plus 2 which have always been there. and when you look at them from top to bottom on the right hand side its amazing again clear the first 3 are large with double fin then the rest.

my take  3 new large  birds with one chase aircraft flew out and were latter parked on the right.
tempest wrote:F-15 dimensions are 

• [size=34]Length: 63 ft 9 in (19.43 m)[/size]

• [size=34]Wingspan: 42 ft 10 in (13.05 m)[/size]

[size=39]F-5 are [/size]

• Length: 47 ft 4¾ in (14.45 m)

• Wingspan: 26 ft 8 in (8.13 m)

[size=34]This is such a difference it should be clearly visible from the images . We can even distinguish the Hawks vs the Tigers as much as they are closer in size. Eagles should be even more distinguishable [/size]

we all agree with you on dimension but those other air crafts are bigger  compared to the rest whatever the make is may be some enlarge F5 ??? Cool  we don,t know but that is just it

plus you should note that if  shadows are giving us that optical illusion then the same cause should have been noticed between the white trainners parked on the right side of the picture vs the ones on the top right of your posted SAt image.
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Thu Jul 02 2015, 11:57

mchoraji wrote:
Balozi wrote:

for the sake of discussion analysis and that why we congregate here at the TEA forum, i would like to be correct if i am wrong

on the left  side of the picture i think they are two type of jet fighters. on the far left of the picture are what we  can make out as F-5 but the ones packed facing upwards on this picture  jet number 3 to 9 are visible  large wit two fins and two large exhaust or jet pipe outlet whatever its called,  not F-5 i can bet. the ones facing upwards are all parked nose abreast and its visible jet 1 and 2 are smaller

the 2 jets on the far left (termed as hawks )are similat to the 5 on the far left
any insight

A different angle. Balozi has a point. Of the ten fighter jets, agree that the first seven on the right seem longer & 'double tailed'. The rest are definitely F5s.

Tempest, what have you started
Brilliant tempest, this must be LAB and the difference can be seen clearly....you guys remember a picture posted here back then of an Eagle overflying Eldoret airport that got Nkash startled?? my gut feeling tells me Eagles have under our noses for a while, we just couldnt see them
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Thu Jul 02 2015, 12:33

Am convinced, there are modern fighters within +254. Let's look at profiles of the two jets we are discussing here;

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 F-5_an10
F5 & F15

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 F5-e_t12

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 F1512

The tails & cockpits are markedly different. In the satellite images, we can clearly see the shadows created by the twin tails for the modern jets while for the F5s, they have a plus like profile on the tails.....gentlemen, guess it's settled at last. Pictures don't lie.

However on the photo of the F5 & Eagle that I have just posted, the sizes are markedly different meaning much as we may not have an F15 being incubated at LAB, there is a modern jet.
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Class Lesson

Post  proud kenyan Thu Jul 02 2015, 12:52

Flying Crane wrote:@proud Kenyan wakeup my friend the writing is on the wall

school teacher to student:

SCHOOLTEACHER: which aircraft do most air force fly after ditch F-5,s?
STUDENTS: F-16. Smile

SCHOOLTEACHER: what aircraft did the KDF chief of Defense force fly in America?
STUDENTS:F-16 Smile

SCHOOLTEACHER: in which state did he fly this F-16?
STUDENTS:Arizona  Laughing

SCHOOLTEACHER: where are the withheld F-16 meant for the Iraq Air force station at?
STUDENTS:Arizona Laughing

SCHOOLTEACHER: which Jet fighter is obama giving to KE or KDF going to get ?
STUDENTS:we don,t know Sir  Shocked

SCHOOLTEACHER: Stupid  Mad .....why don't move you wrangled behind and google it out to connect the dots.
wake up wake up

@risasi our Military Intel knew this from before congratulations for taking the bold move to confirming it here at TEA....but your early posting termed these birds as toys. what happened. Cool you just spill the beans boy .... they are gone to fry you ass to night  seee youuuuuu!!!!
thats why ur the resident disciplinarian/drill sergeant. That was a real smart class. But I still prefer to sit on the fence for the simple reason that we have had F15s, almost even F18s since pre-OLN. The significant preference in the eagle to replace the F5s was high enough, so til today I dare not assume anything (ASSUME= ASS of U and ME). I also believe that one can upgrade from driving a probox to driving a bugati veyron, subject to the generousity of the pockets and what they want to achieve. If the americans wont sell the eagle to us, then we go for a bird that has similar performance as the eagle, even if from another block (At the end of the day, china also has a near-identical product to the range rover evoque, the landwing.)
I intend to wait this out to the end (when I see the new birds doing fly-bys on national days) because my teachers taught me that if it looks like a zebra, stripes and all, and eats grass just like a zebra, but brays like a donkey, someone might have painted the donkey to look like a zebra.
But as the drill sergeant, I will take your command and actualize it to the last drop, before @mchoraji and co. and those with sharper eyes than I do come up with a different item as they are right now.
Your lecturer made my day, still laughing at it even as I type out my reasons.

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Thu Jul 02 2015, 14:59

My other theory is the KAF Tigers have two different paint schemes. Some for A2A and other for A2G! ???  

Or we are looking at F-16s and F-5s.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 070323-F-9999Z-002

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 070323-F-9999Z-001

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Kenyan%2Bpilot%2Bmissing%2Bafter%2Bfighter%2Bjet%2Breturning%2Bfrom%2Ba%2Bcombat%2Bmission%2Bcrashes
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Fri Jul 03 2015, 05:48

tempest wrote:My other theory is the KAF Tigers have two different paint schemes. Some for A2A and other for A2G! ???  

Or we are looking at F-16s and F-5s.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 070323-F-9999Z-002

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 070323-F-9999Z-001

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Kenyan%2Bpilot%2Bmissing%2Bafter%2Bfighter%2Bjet%2Breturning%2Bfrom%2Ba%2Bcombat%2Bmission%2Bcrashes

these are all F-5
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Fri Jul 03 2015, 06:21

fighter x is a twin tail aircraft  considering it from any angle in any of the Sat Images

F-5
twin engine but from a distance looks like a single protruding out of the main body.(fighter on the far leftside)
http://t00.deviantart.net/A5KaXJ1XmgDHmjGpHf4EclubB7o=/300x200/filters:fixed_height%28100,100%29:origin%28%29/pre08/f493/th/pre/i/2009/080/f/0/fighter_silhouette_by_travis_person.jpg

in the above Sat imagery which ever angle we look at them we clear notice a twin tail wider exhaust similar to a twin engine  twin tail configuration.

fighter with end engines wide similar to our fighter X

MiG
http://sr.photos3.fotosearch.com/bthumb/OMU/OMU111/02p0113.jpg

Su Clans
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/su-30-4578808.jpg

F-15
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/f-15-4296035.jpg

F-16
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/f-16-4581808.jpg

hawks
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/BAe_Hawk_T.1_three-view_silhouette.png
(two at the far rightside SAT image)
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Jul 04 2015, 10:35

SCHOOLTEACHER: which aircraft does Uganda fly?
STUDENTS: Su-30 Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Icon_smile 

SCHOOLTEACHER: what aircraft did the KDF fly in Entebbe?
STUDENTS: Su-30Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Icon_smile 

SCHOOLTEACHER: in which config did they fly this Su-30?
STUDENTS:Aggresor/Red Flag type aerial combat sim Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Icon_lol 

SCHOOLTEACHER: where have the crews of Risasi's class been the last 6 months?
STUDENTS:RussiaKenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Icon_lol 

SCHOOLTEACHER: which Jet fighter is Uganda allowing Kenyans to train on to get combat hours?
STUDENTS:we don,t know Sir  Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Icon_eek 

SCHOOLTEACHER: Stupid  Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Icon_mad .....why don't move you wrangled behind and google it out to connect the dots.
wake up wake up 

@Crane our TEA Intel know this from before congratulations for taking the bold move to throw a red herring it here at TEA....but your early posting termed these birds as exclusive to Uganda. what happened. Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Icon_cool I just spilled the beans boy .... they are gonna laugh ass to night  seee youuuuuu!!!!
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Entebb11
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sat Jul 04 2015, 13:48

@Jasiri,
What does this mean? Where did you find these birds together? Which country is this? Kenya or Uganda? One bird of course has a Kenya mark ( Flag & Roundel). 
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Sat Jul 04 2015, 14:28

Olekoima wrote:@Jasiri,
What does this mean? Where did you find these birds together? Which country is this? Kenya or Uganda? One bird of course has a Kenya mark ( Flag & Roundel). 
waaaaaiiiit, hold up, were the twin tailed birds on the SAT pics SU-30s??? the camo above next to the tiger is UG. Jasiri, explain please
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Sat Jul 04 2015, 14:31

jasiri wrote:SCHOOLTEACHER: which aircraft does Uganda fly?

STUDENTS:Aggresor/Red Flag type aerial combat sim Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Icon_lol 

SCHOOLTEACHER: which Jet fighter is Uganda allowing Kenyans to train on to get combat hours?

SCHOOLTEACHER: Stupid  Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Icon_mad .....why don't move you wrangled behind and google it out to connect the dots.
wake up wake up 

@Crane our TEA Intel know this from before congratulations for taking the bold move to throw a red herring it here at TEA....but your early posting termed these birds as exclusive to Uganda. what happened. Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Icon_cool I just spilled the beans boy .... they are gonna laugh ass to night  seee youuuuuu!!!!
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  mambotupu Sat Jul 04 2015, 14:53

timoh wrote:
waaaaaiiiit, hold up, were the twin tailed birds on the SAT pics SU-30s??? the camo above next to the tiger is UG. Jasiri, explain please
Cool down folks!
Jasiri is just pulling your leg!
Those 2 planes are model planes!!!!!
Picture taken from britmodeller.com

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If you look carefully you will recognize it as my avatar!!
mambotupu
mambotupu

Back to top Go down

Post  mambotupu Sat Jul 04 2015, 15:28

mambotupu wrote:
timoh wrote:
Cool down folks!
Jasiri is just pulling your leg!
Those 2 planes are model planes!!!!!
Picture taken from britmodeller.com

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If you look carefully you will recognize it as my avatar!!
Now the real important question is why did jasiri want to distract us from the discussion of the satellite images? Was it because ..... Wink
Or, was he just having some fun?Laughing
mambotupu
mambotupu

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty kdf increasing Humvee inventory

Post  mambotupu Wed Jul 08 2015, 15:17

https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/18/42/88/41/screen14.png
mambotupu
mambotupu

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Kenyan Navy to get six US-made patrol boats

Post  Olekoima Thu Jul 16 2015, 12:23

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Cameroon_navy_rib2The US Naval Sea Systems Command is seeking to acquire six 4.7 metre-long rigid inflatable boats for the Kenyan Navy to boost its capabilities in the conduct of maritime security operations.

In a solicitation notice published on the Federal Business Opportunities register on June 29, the command said the company sought will service the Kenyan order under the US Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programme which supports the growth and development of partner militaries across the world.

This FMS order also includes 25 inflatable boats for the Philippines.

"This is a Foreign Military Sales (FMS) procurement for thirty-one (31) 4.7-meter inflatable boats, Unique Item Identification (UID), and Provisioned Item Order (PIO) spares," reads the main body of the notice.

According to the notice, each boat will be made up of at least four air-tight inflatable compartments and have the capacity to accommodate up to 10 personnel. The command specifically stated that each of the Kenyan boats should be powered by a Yamaha 55 horsepower multi-fuel outboard engine.

No date has been set for delivery. The Kenyan Navy has over the past few years acquired several patrol boats to boost maritime security following the advent of maritime piracy and regionally-focused terrorism in neighbouring Somalia.

The last major US government donation to the Kenyan Navy was of six patrol boats in 2006. The donation included spares, equipment and supplies. The US Navy operates a base at the Kenyan island of Manda Bay and has over the years offered counter-terrorism skills training to the Kenyan Navy.
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39902:kenyan-navy-to-get-six-us-made-patrol-boats&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Kenyan artillery targets Shabaab in Somalia, kills 51: Army

Post  Olekoima Fri Jul 17 2015, 15:55

he Kenyan military on Thursday said it had killed 51 Al-Shabaab militants in an artillery barrage that targeted Somalia’s Jungal area.

“The barrage was carried out early this morning. We have so far counted 51 bodies of militants killed in the strikes,” Kenya Defense Forces spokesman Colonel David Obonyo told Anadolu Agency by phone.......

http://www.turkishweekly.net/2015/07/17/news/kenyan-artillery-targets-shabaab-in-somalia-kills-51-army/
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Did any of you catch Obama's ISIS slip up?

Post  MWAURA Mon Jul 20 2015, 18:11

Olekoima wrote:he Kenyan military on Thursday said it had killed 51 Al-Shabaab militants in an artillery barrage that targeted Somalia’s Jungal area.

“The barrage was carried out early this morning. We have so far counted 51 bodies of militants killed in the strikes,” Kenya Defense Forces spokesman Colonel David Obonyo told Anadolu Agency by phone.......

http://www.turkishweekly.net/2015/07/17/news/kenyan-artillery-targets-shabaab-in-somalia-kills-51-army/

Any reduction in AS numbers is always welcome news! Thanks for the info!
He actually admitted they've been training them on live TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toIPvS9Pwgg

You do know these are the boys who specialise in beheadings ,crucifixions and other abominations in Syria but have never harmed neighbouring Israel despite their fearsome firepower.

In related news an Algerian general said the Tunisian hotel attack was Anglo Zionist work:

Algérie patriotique /les-americains-veulent-pousser-la-tunisie-a-accepter-une-base-militaire wrote:The United States wants a large new AFRICOM (US Command for Africa) base in Tunisia.

Israel wants the Arab countries broken up.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Ob_70b7fd_general-algerien-medjahed-01

Apparently the prez in Feb threw the US ambassador out of his office and refused to take Obama's personal call to discuss the base issue-a few months later,a hotel attack crushes their tourism industry after its rise from political chaos induced death.
Before deciding about terror attacks please consult alternate sources! Then connect the dots!

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty V-22 osprey in town

Post  Mkenya Tue Jul 21 2015, 17:41

timoh wrote:
mchoraji wrote:
Balozi wrote:

any insight

Tempest, what have you started
Brilliant tempest, this must be LAB and the difference can be seen clearly....you guys remember a picture posted here back then of an Eagle overflying Eldoret airport that got Nkash startled?? my gut feeling tells me Eagles have under our noses for a while, we just couldnt see them
Check Google maps satellite overflight date must be old.Did anyone see the V-22 osprey n blackhawk today as they recced the town it was awesome
Mkenya
Mkenya

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty U.S. Counterterrorism Aid to Kenya

Post  Observer Fri Jul 24 2015, 00:11

Interesting read here, though part of it slams KDF...

the interesting bit "...Both CTPF and Section 1206 funding will provide the Kenya military with various types military aircraft for activities in Somalia or along the Kenya/Somalia border. A significant part of the CTPF money to AMISOM will be used to supply fixed and rotary wing aircraft to improve troop mobility. According to DoD notifications to Congress for FY 2015, about $19 million of the total $35 million in Section 1206 funding to Kenya will be used to buy a RAVEN and Scan Eagle Unmanned Aerial Systems. The remaining $25.2 million will support the Kenyan Ranger Regiment. The Kenyan military will also likely receive counterterrorism aid under the Peacekeeping Operations program through the Partnership for Regional East Africa Counterrorism (PREACT) account. However, the State Department has yet to publicized the amount for Kenya...

here's the link... http://securityassistance.org/fact_sheet/us-counterterrorism-aid-kenya ...
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Fri Jul 24 2015, 10:28

observer wrote:Interesting read here, though part of it slams KDF...

Just read it. "Corruption" has become a metaword explaining and excusing frustrated Western attempts at remote control. When their local proxies are politically stymied they bleat "corruption!" Whenever a local initiative political or financial doesn't meet their interests they scream "corruption!"
SGR/LAPPSET and Thika Road,anyone?

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Wed Jul 29 2015, 08:11

wake up wake up 

He came, he danced,he attended bilateral talks with PORK; more importantly, the airforce gave him a guard of honour. How/what did he reward them in that meeting?
Still waiting for the fly-by on mashujaa day.
Away from that,I was thinking the other day how we as a country can set aside a day to honour those charged with protecting us, and have a prayer day in that respect for the country. Workable?

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Aug 01 2015, 12:40

proud kenyan wrote:

wake up wake up 

He came, he danced,he attended bilateral talks with PORK; more importantly, the airforce gave him a guard of honour. How/what did he reward them in that meeting?
Still waiting for the fly-by on mashujaa day.
Away from that,I was thinking the other day how we as a country can set aside a day to honour those charged with protecting us, and have a prayer day in that respect for the country. Workable?
You guys are fixated with Falcons! im almost certain you will reject the new birds as substandard if they are not SINGLE ENGINED Falcons...

In other news... Tick Tock, Tick Tock.... STANDBY for some major announcement... Mjeshi cover my 6 hapa..
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  obienga Mon Aug 03 2015, 02:44

Russia's Air Force Commander-in-Chief Viktor Bondarev has ordered the grounding of all Mi-28 assault helicopters following the catastrophe in central Russia, the Defense Minister reported.
“The crew fought to save the helicopter to the end. Unfortunately, the chief pilot died on impact - the co-pilot survived. According to the second pilot, the accident occurred due to technical failure. I have suspended all Mi-28 flights. The commission under my leadership is working to clarify the causes of the disaster,” Bondarev said.
https://www.rt.com/news/311373-helicopter-crashes-airshow-aviadarts/

obienga

Back to top Go down

Post  Mkenya Fri Aug 07 2015, 01:01

obienga wrote:
Russia's Air Force Commander-in-Chief Viktor Bondarev has ordered the grounding of all Mi-28 assault helicopters following the catastrophe in central Russia, the Defense Minister reported.
“The crew fought to save the helicopter to the end. Unfortunately, the chief pilot died on impact - the co-pilot survived. According to the second pilot, the accident occurred due to technical failure. I have suspended all Mi-28 flights. The commission under my leadership is working to clarify the causes of the disaster,” Bondarev said.
I hv my own doubt of 50ACB having 16 pieces doing some secret manouvres,lyk the Z-9 gunships we should hv seen atleast one at embakasi doing some touch n goes.Nowadays we aren't that good at keeping secrets for the right $$ we'll sell you Kenya.We are teaching kids at UoN political science without proper vetting one topic bn a country's security installation and how to disable them....how well vetted are our security personnel against infiltration by ISIL,Alqaeda & Alshabaab terror groups.
Rumours our chinese hardware is 80% grounded if true aint a vry good story.However we nid to consider Russian heavies DShK 12.7mm & PKM rifles they hardly have stoppages compared to Western guns we use Negev,HK21s & M60s better range,require less service and rust less than western guns.
For Trucks Renault proved to our KDoD its the best troop carrier,choppers & planes lets just go where we always shopped MD-600 gunship/Hueys or Cobra gunship.Our buffs might survive or upgrade to C-130 with BO coming through.
But our major challenge is corruption we shall end up buying substandard equipment and 2yrs again we nid to buy new stuff.
Mkenya
Mkenya

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Sun Aug 09 2015, 13:12

Mkenya wrote:
obienga wrote:
I hv my own doubt of 50ACB having 16 pieces doing some secret manouvres,lyk the Z-9 gunships we should hv seen atleast one at embakasi doing some touch n goes.Nowadays we aren't that good at keeping secrets for the right $$ we'll sell you Kenya.We are teaching kids at UoN political science without proper vetting one topic bn a country's security installation and how to disable them....how well vetted are our security personnel against infiltration by ISIL,Alqaeda & Alshabaab terror groups.
Rumours our chinese hardware is 80% grounded if true aint a vry good story.However we nid to consider Russian heavies DShK 12.7mm & PKM rifles they hardly have stoppages compared to Western guns we use Negev,HK21s & M60s better range,require less service and rust less than western guns.
For Trucks Renault proved to our KDoD its the best troop carrier,choppers & planes lets just go where we always shopped MD-600 gunship/Hueys or Cobra gunship.Our buffs might survive or upgrade to C-130 with BO coming through.
But our major challenge is corruption we shall end up buying substandard equipment and 2yrs again we nid to buy new stuff.

i wouldn,t agree on that , most of us or rather if i talk about myself hadn,t seen the Nora B-52 155 mm artillery https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nora_B-52 until it was shown in a Kenya army documentary by a leading media house, even though it was list in the net that Ke own several pieces.
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Junks

Post  Mkenya Mon Aug 10 2015, 23:58

Balozi wrote:
Mkenya wrote:
obienga wrote:

i wouldn,t agree on that , most of us or rather if i talk about myself hadn,t seen the Nora B-52 155 mm artillery https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nora_B-52 until it was shown in a Kenya army documentary by a leading media house, even though it was list in the net that Ke own several pieces.
Well atleast the Nora B 52 purchase was listed on sipri website,nothing listed on any site about the Mi-24 Havoc purchase.And how would such a bird be shipped into the country as CKD assembled and fly out of 50ACB without anyone,somebody laying eyes on it.And dont you think it unwise embakasi bn their HQ not even one bn parked there...Not Kenya and our draconian military standing orders.

The Kenya we dream about aint the true state of Kenya... undergorund bunkers full of planes at LAB is an eutopia dream...and am sorry my fellow kenya for we have become a gullible lot money has corrupted us,for a few bucks our soldiers sold the mpeketoni raid footage to a western media house and the list of unpatriotic Kenyans is huge ,faulty APCS we deployed in S.Sudan according to a UN report,Steyr & FAW truck & buses,KNS Jasiri sat in a spanish port 4 good yrs,where are the EMs now etc. etc,.I doubt we gonna make good purchase with the $$ America has offered,unless we stop this ferocious appetite of taxpayers.

Again our topbrass is shopping in some middle eastern country foraging through their military junkyard. cherry cherry cherry i smell another F-5 scandal scratch scratch

Meanwhile Kenya Police is to acquire a secondhand Agusta Westland AW139 for Kshs.900M. And former airwing Boss, Ret.Col.Mbithi's contract not renewed i guess after the Garissa university saga ("sent a KP cessna plane to pick his inlaw from mombasa")as Recce sat in camp waiting for transport.The guy has 3,000hrs plus flying hrs. on F-5s n Hawk fighters.Almost every security contract / purchase is always dogged by controversy..... Sad Sad Sad
Mkenya
Mkenya

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Fri Aug 14 2015, 13:21

I think you are right @ Mkenya. Corruption is ruining every sector in Kenya.
People in position of authority are only thinking about themselves without putting the interest of the country first.
Look at Ethiopia and Uganda, with much smaller defence budgets they have invested in some of the best equipment in the region. I wonder how much more they would have done had they been blessed with a similar budget as the Kenyan one.
Heaven knows why in all wisdom we chose to purchase some very tired Jordanian F-5 frames when we had the chance to upgrade to some decent 4th generation fighters.
In about the same period, Ugandans were much more pragmatic by upgrading to the all powerful SU-30MK II jets and they have the T-90 tanks to boot. In a single move they leap frogged the once biggest and powerful Kenya airforce and themselves became the strongest airforce outfit in East and Central Africa. It will be another 30 years before they can think of upgrading again not only because their air frames were new, but also because they invested in a current generation modern fighter.
Meanwhile, we are still busy tinkering on what to buy. Money is not the issue here. The problem is the corrupt top brass.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Sidai Fri Aug 14 2015, 13:56

Olekoima wrote:I think you are right @ Mkenya. Corruption is ruining every sector in Kenya.
People in position of authority are only thinking about themselves without putting the interest of the country first.
Look at Ethiopia and Uganda, with much smaller defence budgets they have invested in some of the best equipment in the region. I wonder how much more they would have done had they been blessed with a similar budget as the Kenyan one.
Heaven knows why in all wisdom we chose to purchase some very tired Jordanian F-5 frames when we had the chance to upgrade to some decent 4th generation fighters.
In about the same period, Ugandans were much more pragmatic by upgrading to the all powerful SU-30MK II jets and they have the T-90 tanks to boot. In a single move they leap frogged the once biggest and powerful Kenya airforce and themselves became the strongest airforce outfit in East and Central Africa. It will be another 30 years before they can think of upgrading again not only because their air frames were new, but also because they invested in a current generation modern fighter.
Meanwhile, we are still busy tinkering on what to buy. Money is not the issue here. The problem is the corrupt top brass.
Well written @ Olekoima. May I add that those that stand up against corruption are weeded out. The system is so crooked that young devoted graduates out to serve their Nation are either induced to board the boat or stagnate if not frustrated and finally weeded out. It is that pathetic since independence and seemingly endless!
You can imagine how many lives lost out of faulty combat equipments corruptly procured. You can imagine how many lives lost out of corrupt policing that lets terrorist in to kill Kenyans.
How can this be overcome???
Ole Sidai
Ole Sidai

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Mon Aug 17 2015, 16:11

Ole Sidai wrote:
Olekoima wrote:I think you are right @ Mkenya. Corruption is ruining every sector in Kenya.
Well written @ Olekoima. May I add that those that stand up against corruption are weeded out. The system is so crooked that young devoted graduates out to serve their Nation are either induced to board the boat or stagnate if not frustrated and finally weeded out. It is that pathetic since independence and seemingly endless!
You can imagine how many lives lost out of faulty combat equipments corruptly procured. You can imagine how many lives lost out of corrupt policing that lets terrorist in to kill Kenyans.
First a purge on security forces,I was thinking this could be done by the NIS, but then who will vet the NIS? After the purge define clearly what their roles should be,as per the way @ jasiri hhad suggested back then,but more importantly be backed with legislature to guide the same.
From there on,have legislature developed specifically for anti-corruption, and ensure that if one is convicted of a corruption offence,the amount of money should be recovered,he be jailed, and barred from ever working for any government even via consultancy or even via a tender. But at the end of the day the only person who can truly deal with corruption would be a dictator-type president,truth be told. Our constitution as-is has too many loopholes to adequately fight any ill in our country, it would have been better if it existed in the year 2030 when development would have adequately dealt with the demands of the constitution

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 26 Empty Corrupt Kenya

Post  Mkenya Wed Aug 19 2015, 00:21

proud kenyan wrote:
Ole Sidai wrote:
First a purge on security forces,I was thinking this could be done by the NIS, but then who will vet the NIS? After the purge define clearly what their roles should be,as per the way @ jasiri hhad suggested back then,but more importantly be backed with legislature to guide the same.
From there on,have legislature developed specifically for anti-corruption, and ensure that if one is convicted of a corruption offence,the amount of money should be recovered,he be jailed, and barred from ever working for any government even via consultancy or even via a tender. But at the end of the day the only person who can truly deal with corruption would be a dictator-type president,truth be told. Our constitution as-is has too many loopholes to adequately fight any ill in our country, it would have been better if it existed in the year 2030 when development would have adequately dealt with the demands of the constitution
Are our topbrass too corrupt to see beyond their noses? cyclops cyclops .......betta even over-quote and we get 2 F-16s or Su-29/30 Flankers that work rather than 15 junk F-5s that can't fly but impress on google earth will rotting away outside LAB hangar.... lol! .I wonder how much it cost us the taxpayers for one standard KDF Isuzu truck from GM Question Question staggering i hear.....if i was asked we should hv kept most of our Mercedes trucks,collect the best of the worst to KAEME workshop Kahawa (with complete Merc assembly line) for refurb & upgrades e.g. the LA911 (5 tonner) upgraded a power steering box that was its only problem,the LA1924/28 series (10/15 tonner) too strong single rear axle upgrade to double rear axle = more payload instead of the Chinese coffins now asking for replacement.

Where is the glory of our military when it would be the only/or of the few African countries to field German trucks for UN peacekeeping missions, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad when our military convoy was a sight to behold, nowadays not much can be said...... No it's just an Isuzu passing....

And the army's old APCs, lyk UR416,Saladins & (Panhards after Somalia) its time for a hand down to ASTU,GSU,KP & APs this folks can utilize them better in North Eastern province.
Mkenya
Mkenya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next