THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
georiise
firewall
one man army
Mkenya
timoh
Ned Starks Head
Interloper
HokumA
chui
MWAURA
Balozi
mashaa
edmuiru
aggressor one
mJESHI mMOJA
Fabrizio
Analyst
UncleBoni
Kepler-Euler
Al Bashir
MOOZALENDO
kimiti
The Blue
Risasi
proud kenyan
Flying Crane
Mbaine
mbs
Spartan
mambotupu
mekatilili
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Kobooz
Batian
areba
Sierra Kilo
Nesta
cylon
Uzi
tempest
jasiri
Olekoima
Observer
mogen
mwepesi
countersniper
50 posters

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 8 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Observer Sun Sep 02 2012, 01:00

MOOZALENDO wrote:
kimiti wrote:Analyst, please take that photo off SIN, it is really offensive and not even of KDF soldiers. Sad

Al kabab are desperate at the moment and people should check and double check info before running off with it No. How come they NEVER mention their KIA Mad Rolling Eyes ? Anybody with a brain will know why. War is war and lives will inevitably be lost. I'm sure of one thing though, KDF will press forward with steady determination until their job is done. Pole kwao for kia lakini tunajua wako Imara Daima! Miido ni vipi?

Moozalendo

seems Miido has fallen ... this must be one of those few last strongholds, Keebab knows they cant stop whats coming, expect more propaganda as the few remaining Kismayo defenses crumble... this sites seems to "claim" having exclusives, including pics of dead al kebbaba ... gory stuff "viewer discretion advised" ...

http://thejackalnews.com/index.php?dll=1555&readmore=1

http://thejackalnews.com/index.php?dll=1556&readmore=1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86391555@N08/page1/

we will loose men no doubt, that however doesn't mean that any strategy has failed ... it war, people are using live rounds remember... and those alleged KDF soldiers could be AS, going by the pics in the above sites there isn't much difference...
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Sun Sep 02 2012, 01:32

...are Equity ATM's or any other, and a 1k note stuff that's readily available on a dead KDF soldier ... on the front line in Southern Somali ... seems kinda planted Question
Observer
Observer

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 8 Empty War Online

Post  Analyst Sun Sep 02 2012, 01:59

The photos on SIN Facebook pg are good for those hoping to join the ranks of the Shabaabs...allows them a sneak preview of what will befall them

I suggest SIN keeps them there.

The online war waged by SIN against the Al-Shabaab is good enough to rally support as the KDF and TFG guys go that last mile and storms the port city.

The propaganda aired on social media by the Kebabs significantly affects the Kenyan social media society hence should be effectively countered through such equal measures as used by the Strategic Intelligence guys.

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Sun Sep 02 2012, 02:36

maybe i was distorted a few hours ago,but i believe by tomorrow evening the CHAI CHISMAYU would be served..the tweetist claimed the battle of miido would define chismayu op,SIN say KDF almost going in(with all and sundry guns blazing), @ON is transporting the sugar to the tea party and the other uniforms disposing some ammo the only way they know best,maybe the chinese hawkers who relocated to kenya would have a new market for their wares
now i can go pray and move al kebaabs from chismayu

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:52

proud kenyan wrote:maybe i was distorted a few hours ago,but i believe by tomorrow evening the CHAI CHISMAYU would be served..the tweetist claimed the battle of miido would define chismayu op,SIN say KDF almost going in(with all and sundry guns blazing), @ON is transporting the sugar to the tea party and the other uniforms disposing some ammo the only way they know best,maybe the chinese hawkers who relocated to kenya would have a new market for their wares
now i can go pray and move al kebaabs from chismayu

The al kebabs were emboldened by reinforcements from their colleagues who were fleeing from Marka. So
they wanted KDF to hasten action in Kismayu. Glad their designs were resoundingly answered and KDF now controls
Miido and marching on the ultimate target.

The al-kebabs acted like a man on dead row who requests his hanging to be brought forward and it appears what they
asked for is in the process of being dished and in quick order. In fact, as I write there is intense action in that theatre and
a takedown of the town is in earnest.

RIP to our fallen heroes
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir Sun Sep 02 2012, 07:19

No need to second guess the KDF strategy and point fingers. We cannot speculate on the circumstances of the K.I.A. This is war, war is ugly, men die in war. To our fallen heroes rest in peace, your service to the nation will be remembered.

uncorroborated account: jackal news
"Sources on the ground said the Kenyan operations
command send five Kenyan soldiers to villages to inform locals that the
mission was against Al Shabaab. They were moving from house to house.
Unfortunately, they entered a house where Al Shabaab fighters were
hiding. “That is when they shot two solders, carried their bodies all
the way to Kismayu,” a source said. Three others are classified as
missing in action."
Al Bashir
Al Bashir

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Sep 02 2012, 07:55

Al Bashir wrote:No need to second guess the KDF strategy and point fingers. We cannot speculate on the circumstances of the K.I.A. This is war, war is ugly, men die in war. To our fallen heroes rest in peace, your service to the nation will be remembered.

uncorroborated account: jackal news
"Sources on the ground said the Kenyan operations
command send five Kenyan soldiers to villages to inform locals that the
mission was against Al Shabaab. They were moving from house to house.
Unfortunately, they entered a house where Al Shabaab fighters were
hiding. “That is when they shot two solders, carried their bodies all
the way to Kismayu,” a source said. Three others are classified as
missing in action."

@Al Bashir
Looks like a story with some added 'juice'. Check it all gain
http://thejackalnews.com/index.php?dll=1556&readmore=1
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sun Sep 02 2012, 08:09

ole Nkarei wrote:ONE KIA. No MIA. None unaccounted Soldiers alive or otherwise. Hundreds of AS KIA from Mildo and Afmadow Contact alone.

The DPM on first two corpse similar to KDF but that can be Tailored. Third DPM isn't. Could be RAS KAMBONI. Haircut isn't KDF either.

If these were KDF, complete with ATM cards and other IDs, AS would not have missed opportunity to trumpet he names, numbers and clear ID photos on those cards - like they did with the Burundians.

End the speculations gentlemen. It gives comfort to the bastards by eneza-ing their prpoganda.

Hi ON. Being checking the pix showing an equity ATM card, KDF Military ID etc. Just wondering are there standard procedures on what to carry with u in combat and do our colleagues have dog tags?
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Sun Sep 02 2012, 10:15

The major is tweeting "3 of KDF troops missing found. Bravo Special Forces and for your bravery hats off."
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Sep 02 2012, 10:35

It's now being reported that 3 of the 5 missing K.D.F infantry men have been recovered by spec-ops troops. 1 funny thing with these pics of dead K.D.F, last time the Al-Kebab displayed pics of dead peace-enforcers from Sector 2 they displayed (alongside their I.D's) their Body armour n tags. Q: Weren't K.D.F troops involved in this op not equipped with helmets n BP Jackets? Q: Why in God's good name would someone carry an equity bank atm card to a country that has no banking infrastructure whatsoever? like uzi above, is there a restriction to what personal effects a K.D.F soldier can carry to the front?
These guys are kinda stretching my imagination here.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Sun Sep 02 2012, 11:15

Uzi wrote:The major is tweeting "3 of KDF troops missing found. Bravo Special Forces and for your bravery hats off."

Yes, Bravo to our SpecForces chaps. Godspeed in your takedown of Kismayu. Tough job ahead and I have no doubt you can do it. Go ahead and finish the job.

I hear the Navy has been in action too http://shabelle.net/warships-ships-shell-al-shabab-controlled-port-city-of-kismayo/

Godspeed our gallant forces.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Sun Sep 02 2012, 16:50

A.S has put its best foot forward and has come in all attack.
It seems hii maneno ya Kismayo has become a personal agenda and a matter pride to
them.

We also can die boys …..Such incidents happen along the lines of an operation….so be brave when you see such pictures just know It happens. The 5, 2 killed and 3 escape was a “team” responsible for minimizing mass KDF troop deaths in an incursion. Those who are familiar with military tactic know what I mean .we will discuss their operation latter. I hope someone is keeping minutes on what to be discussed latter.

N o need for any reinforcement.

Field Morale is high, the posted pictures of the dead soldier have worked against the intention of the A.S propaganda mill which meant to
cause fear and break troop morale. The boys are even more siked up to go extra miles to prove to A.S we are a force to recon with. Field officers have be argued to keep the moment constant and to avoid the rampage.

Q.1 (hypothetical question) what killed this first bandits
in the pictures. http://www.flickr.com/photos/86391555@N08/page1/
A. bullet, B. grenade C. Tank/artillery shell D. air strike…. I think you get what I am suggesting. .”without remorse” is the new game in theater.

We have a lot of pictures we can post about their dead (most of them mutilated), but we are professional and don’t cherish those tactics.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Sun Sep 02 2012, 18:46

jasiri wrote:It's now being reported that 3 of the 5 missing K.D.F infantry men have been recovered by spec-ops troops. 1 funny thing with these pics of dead K.D.F, last time the Al-Kebab displayed pics of dead peace-enforcers from Sector 2 they displayed (alongside their I.D's) their Body armour n tags. Q: Weren't K.D.F troops involved in this op not equipped with helmets n BP Jackets? Q: Why in God's good name would someone carry an equity bank atm card to a country that has no banking infrastructure whatsoever? like uzi above, is there a restriction to what personal effects a K.D.F soldier can carry to the front?

Jasiri...Good question

The Kebabs have gone silent after the barrage of virtual artillery.
The authenticity of these photo's is in question.
The quality of the graphics is very high meaning modern equipment in their hands.
Possibly doctored.

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Fabrizio Sun Sep 02 2012, 19:33

Analyst wrote:
jasiri wrote:It's now being reported that 3 of the 5 missing K.D.F infantry men have been recovered by spec-ops troops. 1 funny thing with these pics of dead K.D.F, last time the Al-Kebab displayed pics of dead peace-enforcers from Sector 2 they displayed (alongside their I.D's) their Body armour n tags. Q: Weren't K.D.F troops involved in this op not equipped with helmets n BP Jackets? Q: Why in God's good name would someone carry an equity bank atm card to a country that has no banking infrastructure whatsoever? like uzi above, is there a restriction to what personal effects a K.D.F soldier can carry to the front?

Jasiri...Good question

The quality of the graphics is very high meaning modern equipment in their hands.
Possibly doctored.

Analyst,

There should really be no question that 2 of those killed in the pictures are our brothers(RIP). It fits in with the prevailing story where 5 went missing and 3 were found. The tweeting major also indirectly confirms the sad news. The best we can do is try and avoid a repeat and also not get into a revenge mode thus risking the overall mission.

Fabrizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Sun Sep 02 2012, 20:54

Risasi wrote:A.S has put its best foot forward and has come in all attack.
It seems hii maneno ya Kismayo has become a personal agenda and a matter pride to
them.

We also can die boys …..Such incidents happen along the lines of an operation….so be brave when you see such pictures just know It happens. The 5, 2 killed and 3 escape was a “team” responsible for minimizing mass KDF troop deaths in an incursion. Those who are familiar with military tactic know what I mean .we will discuss their operation latter. I hope someone is keeping minutes on what to be discussed latter.

N o need for any reinforcement.

Field Morale is high, the posted pictures of the dead soldier have worked against the intention of the A.S propaganda mill which meant to
cause fear and break troop morale. The boys are even more siked up to go extra miles to prove to A.S we are a force to recon with. Field officers have be argued to keep the moment constant and to avoid the rampage.

Q.1 (hypothetical question) what killed this first bandits
in the pictures. http://www.flickr.com/photos/86391555@N08/page1/
A. bullet, B. grenade C. Tank/artillery shell D. air strike…. I think you get what I am suggesting. .”without remorse” is the new game in theater.

We have a lot of pictures we can post about their dead (most of them mutilated), but we are professional and don’t cherish
those tactics.

Point taken bullet man. KDF anti-propaganda 'unit' should be on the look out since the al kebab will likely use the fatigue of the 2 KIA to stage manage a fake kill!

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian Sun Sep 02 2012, 21:27

Fabrizio wrote:
Analyst wrote:

Jasiri...Good question .

Possibly doctored.

Analyst,

There should really be no question that 2 of those killed in the pictures are our brothers(RIP). It fits in with the prevailing story where 5 went missing and 3 were found. The tweeting major also indirectly confirms the sad news. The best we can do is try and avoid a repeat and also not get into a revenge mode thus risking the overall mission.

KDF as we all know are mere mortals, so there is no question that if caught mistakenly in fire they will succumb. However, very important questions should be asked, simmilar to the one jasiri had asked before. Where are the helmets, flaks etc. The DPMs resemblance to KDF is convincing, but at least a confisticated weapon, boots as such would backed up their story. I am bound to ask myself where or what do they do with the helmet. It looks like the fall of miido has signalled an unanticipated loss of kebabs territory and militants are trying to perfect their tall-tale kicks. Though the ATM and GSMs card are definately kenyan, there are loose ends.
@cyclon you will be simply amazed however unpopular kebabs are, there those ' concerened' western international community indirectly drumming support for the militant outfit.
...@risasi, mins for next assgn. noted.
Batian
Batian

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Sep 03 2012, 11:31

Is the bird below in action over the Jubba skies?
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 8 Gunshi10
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Mon Sep 03 2012, 13:26

While i take this chance to salute our missing kdf brothers in the battle zone and applaud the finding of the three alive ones.i find the explanation of how they were being used when they got caught out in alshabab territory disturbing to say the least.

Reports indicate the missing were in a team of five special forces men moving house to house trying to warn civilians to move away before the impending attack by kdf so that civilian collateral deaths are minimized.
its then alleged that the five bumped into a house full of alshabab gunmen ..and in the ensuing melee the two were captured or killed While the three managed to evade capture and later get rescued by another top notch commando rescue team sent to find them.
SURELY i would have done it differently if i was the officer tasking this mission.
first..i would have used printed leaflets in local dialets and used aircraft to drop them over the areas several days before the mission.
second since there are a number radio broadcasts beaming into the area i would have used them over and over again to warn the civilians.
i do not know why they opted to send men out to do this while on a scouting mission.
it means they were too confident and expected a different outcome .
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst Mon Sep 03 2012, 13:54

[countersniper]

Reports indicate the missing were in a team of five special forces men moving house to house trying to warn civilians to move away before the impending attack by kdf so that civilian collateral deaths are minimized.
its then alleged that the five bumped into a house full of alshabab gunmen ..and in the ensuing melee the two were captured or killed While the three managed to evade capture and later get rescued by another top notch commando rescue team sent to find them.
SURELY i would have done it differently if i was the officer tasking this mission.
first..i would have used printed leaflets in local dialets and used aircraft to drop them over the areas several days before the mission.
second since there are a number radio broadcasts beaming into the area i would have used them over and over again to warn the civilians.
i do not know why they opted to send men out to do this while on a scouting mission.
it means they were to confident and expected a different outcome .[/quote]

Countersniper

Your observation is right. Some picture i saw show the fallen soldiers had a louder-speaker in their possession. Though they should have done some scouting before hitting the road, it was purely an accident that was not anticipated though we should always be prepared for contingencies.

Al-Shabaab as such in their acts have taken a policy of no POW since they could have taken them hostage rather than taking their lives, unless the scenario that manifested was a fire-fight with Al-Shabaab with the upper hand.

Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Mon Sep 03 2012, 14:20

countersniper wrote:While i take this chance to salute our missing kdf brothers in the battle zone and applaud the finding of the three alive ones.i find the explanation of how they were being used when they got caught out in alshabab territory disturbing to say the least.

it means they were too confident and expected a different outcome .

@Countersniper
Methinks the actual story is probably more than what we have heard. I'd use radio and always with excellent results.Much safer and more effective than leaflets. The KDF commanders will know this. No doubt, there is more to the story. May take awhile before the full story comes out.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA Mon Sep 03 2012, 16:56

Pictorial
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 8 Trrycr10
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 8 Hgt_y_10
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 8 Airfor10
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 8 74384010

@countersniper hata wewe you know that couldn,t be true. Against the wish of ON & bulletman I will divulge in a minute.
mJESHI mMOJA
mJESHI mMOJA

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper Mon Sep 03 2012, 17:18

mjeshi asante sana brother..
i was just quoting what kdf themselves released to the press through tweeter and other media
me knows that something else may have taken place.
it does not make sense to send five men into enemy held town just like that on the pretence of warning civilians
me thinks these five were part of the elite commando scouting units seeking and mapping targets for an impending kdf attack which inevitably took place that night at meedo.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 03 2012, 18:10

Analyst wrote:[countersniper]

it means they were to confident and expected a different outcome .

Countersniper

Your observation is right. Some picture i saw show the fallen soldiers had a louder-speaker in their possession. Though they should have done some scouting before hitting the road, it was purely an accident that was not anticipated though we should always be prepared for contingencies.

Al-Shabaab as such in their acts have taken a policy of no POW since they could have taken them hostage rather than taking their lives, unless the scenario that manifested was a fire-fight with Al-Shabaab with the upper hand.[/quote]

If this story is true, the sector commanders should be relieved with leadership immediately! This is unacceptable to send these guys in harms way without back-up help. Man, I can't even imagine how in heaven someone can direct these innocent souls to do such a thing. We are in war people!

What were decision makers thinking? I mean were there no intelligence about alshababa been in this area? I mean, this town borders no go zone and any reasoning people commander will assume got have some shababa there, yea? This story is making no sense at all. I do not believe KDF will send their men to warn people given they TGF and Ras kaboon traveling with them; and moreover they speak the native language better than KDF men can. So, I have some doubt about this story.

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Sep 03 2012, 21:24

We always here reports of Alshabab fleeing Kismayu, i have always wondered where do they go?? Do they leave for other strongholds? Do they melt into the population and act like refugees?? Do they disguise themselves as local militia?? So where do they go i mean some of these guys are battle-hardened men fighting the likes KDF,Amisom and EDF, and the ideology of the alshabab is still strong in the minds of these fighters and makes you wonder if these who defect are like sleeper cells. An example of this is in Afghanistan where Al queda has embedded sleepers in the military and police and the when the U.S. forces are training them these guys are activated and they reek havoc, And we don't want to see the same scenario play out here in Zoomalia. How does the vetting process work in somalia??? ( mainly in the TFG branch when they are training recruits) Also now the Alshabab have a kenyan army identification card what is the possibility of that being forged???( are they tamper-proof)

I talked briefly with this somali fellow and he told me that Alshabab has been digging trenches on the roads leading into the city as a contingency plan to stop the movement the advancing forces and they have been setting up barricades and other things so troops don't enter. Any truth in this or he was taking me for a ride...
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 8 Empty Re:Kenya Defence Forces

Post  proud kenyan Tue Sep 04 2012, 00:53

cylon wrote:
I talked briefly with this somali fellow and he told me that Alshabab has been digging trenches on the roads leading into the city as a contingency plan to stop the movement the advancing forces and they have been setting up barricades and other things so troops don't enter. Any truth in this or he was taking me for a ride...
for the trenches i dont think they would be a problem for the KDF as they operate heavy stuff ie the APCs and MRAPCs..the humvee is also very capable in movements across trenches provided the trenches arent that wide.check out its performance while enjoying the tune
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFbis9mUnfU

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Sep 04 2012, 02:19

proud kenyan wrote:
cylon wrote:
for the trenches i dont think they would be a problem for the KDF as they operate heavy stuff ie the APCs and MRAPCs..the humvee is also very capable in movements across trenches provided the trenches arent that wide.check out its performance while enjoying the tune
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFbis9mUnfU

These trenches gave problem to amisom forces in mogadishu since they were to wide for even for the APC's to cross and they had to find alternate routes, Alshabab will have the same defensive as they had in Mogadishu such as tunnels, barricades etc. and they have had several long months to prepare. The Humvee, and the TFG technicals are soft vehicles since they are not armored make them easy targets those vehiles will not be used for the storming of the city until its been declared safe for them to enter.....
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Sep 04 2012, 02:45

cylon wrote:...These trenches gave problem to amisom forces in mogadishu since they were to wide for even for the APC's to cross...

@Cylon
That Mogadisho experience and others will have been factored into the planning. The Generals will not let their charges down.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Sep 04 2012, 04:35

mogen wrote:
cylon wrote:...These trenches gave problem to amisom forces in mogadishu since they were to wide for even for the APC's to cross...

@Cylon
That Mogadisho experience and others will have factored in the planning. The Generals will not let their charges down.

Those experince were already planned out months ago when people said KDF will never handle the urban terrain from our amisom members since it will from difficult to capture with possibilities of snipers, ambushes, and other attacks that is why UPDF is assisting KDF in taking the city. Since they already have the experience fighting these guys in an urban terrain. And Kismayo will be the place where jets become irrelevant and heavy use of attack choppers will come into play since they will be able to accurately take down a building full of baddies without causing to much damage on the civilian populations compared to a jet which might get wrong info and accidentally drop bombs on a house and either kill or maim the civvies which cause us a few problems. I have no doubt on KDF pedigree of taking the city since it was planned out months ago.

And this is where the Mi28 will make history
cylon
cylon

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:12

cylon wrote:
mogen wrote:

@Cylon
That Mogadisho experience and others will have factored in the planning. The Generals will not let their charges down.

Those experince were already planned out months ago when people said KDF will never handle the urban terrain from our amisom members since it will from difficult to capture with possibilities of snipers, ambushes, and other attacks that is why UPDF is assisting KDF in taking the city. Since they already have the experience fighting these guys in an urban terrain. And Kismayo will be the place where jets become irrelevant and heavy use of attack choppers will come into play since they will be able to accurately take down a building full of baddies without causing to much damage on the civilian populations compared to a jet which might get wrong info and accidentally drop bombs on a house and either kill or maim the civvies which cause us a few problems. I have no doubt on KDF pedigree of taking the city since it was planned out months ago.

And this is where the Mi28 will make history

@Cylon
No doubt, the Mil Mi-28 Attack Helicopters will come in handy in the Kismayo campaign.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 8 Empty whats up with British?are they involved in this kismayu attack plan now?

Post  countersniper Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:49

i don't see how KDF or AMISOM is involving so called British experts in this thing now.the British press and other foreign media were amongst the first to try and defame kdf on this allegedly misinformed move into Somalia.
so why involve them now when we are about to snatch victory from alshabab...

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Troops+step+up+Kismayu+attack+plans+/-/1056/1495684/-/1228adh/-/index.htm

from the daily nation.

Ground attack

Military sources told the Nation that the Kenyan
troops, which are in charge of Sector II, are facilitating the ground
attack from the south as well as a naval assault while the Ugandan and
Burundi contingents were moving in more ground troops from Mogadishu.
The commanders at the weekend attended a series of meetings at Karen Staff Training College in Nairobi and flew back to Somalia.
British experts are said to have facilitated the meetings also attended by Amisom Commander, Lt. Gen. Andrew Gutti.
Earlier last week, Amisom spokesperson Eloi Yao told Nation the battle for Kismayu was being delayed by the deployment of troops, a necessary step to exchange old boots with fresh men.
Col Oguna said Kismayu was still in Sector II,
which is under the operation area of Kenyan forces. The fight for
Kismayu involves maritime, air and ground forces.
The Special Operations Regiment (SOR) that is made
up of Rangers Strike Force identified as 40RSF and Special Forces (SF)
known as 30SF has also been deployed.
SOR is the youngest regiment in the Kenyan military
and is based in Gilgil. Although joining SOR is voluntary due to the
extreme and dangerous nature of its training, only the best recruits are
picked.
countersniper
countersniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next