THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
redqueen
mashaa
mambotupu
Uzi
Nesta
HokumA
mwepesi
countersniper
Analyst
Balozi
cylon
Sisal Makonge
Admin
georiise
Flying Crane
Ole Sidai
timoh
Batian
PatriotKenyan
Sayaret matkal
jasiri
Olekoima
tempest
mekatilili
GreyArea
livefire
Mkenya
Sierra Kilo
mchoraji
Kobooz
MWAURA
MasterChief
Interloper
Simbamundu
mogen
kimiti
proud kenyan
nyukilized
mJESHI mMOJA
africaken
obienga
Gallahad
Risasi
The Blue
SS Jamuhuri
50 posters

Page 11 of 35 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Risasi Thu Aug 14 2014, 09:36

I feel your missing the point. lets bite what we can chew. when we
bring in privileged UAV like RQ-4,RQ-9,RQ-1,U2 etc we will get bogged down in wishful thinking and day dreaming postings.
and as jas said the Super king, Y-12 are nothing more than operating platforms  and its ideally right to employ a platform that is established in your logistic and servicing systems rather than employing a newer one.  

in a short dialects and in our mode of ops:
the Compact Multimission Isr Aircraft will be system-providing effect tool (detect , locate and identify ISR info. i.e investigating environments with its multi range sensor) while the UAV is a system enabler, a means of surveilling/monitoring known ISR information. 

Compact Multimission Isr Aircraft
in peace time
1.electro-Reconnaissance collects  platform on rival forces  military radio or radar frequencies, ranges for both sea and land emitting institution, mapping out points of interest 100km adjacent to our common border. real time  electronic emitting mapping.
2.locating enemies forward operations base ,troops  and equipment concentrated areas ,road leading to and way from points of interest.

in war time
locating known  hostile frequency eg. Air defense batteries ,listen into know enemy radio frequencies
airborne command and control in-theater platforms in conjunction with several system enablers ,UAV.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  The Blue Thu Aug 14 2014, 15:34

Risasi wrote:...we will get bogged down in wishful thinking and day dreaming postings.
and as jas said the Super king, Y-12 are nothing more than operating platforms  

Mpaka hapo tumeelewana kabisa. Also, I can see you people have a decision on the kind of payload to be employed on our choice platform. 

Swali linakuja namna hii, ndege zetu aina ya Y-12, tumepoteza mbili, moja itaumiwa kwa sana katika oparesheni za "kijasusi" (is that correct swahili) na kwa raiya kama mimi, sijui ni ngapi zilizosalia kufanya kazi ambazo zilisababisha Jeshi la Wanahewa kuzinunua Y-12 hapo mwanzoni. 

Are we asset strapped ama we purchased pieces that were more than our requirements?

The Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Aug 14 2014, 16:41

Risasi wrote:
mambotupu wrote:
Risasi wrote:

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Theoff10

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Theopy10

@mambo
the dinner was made fit for an Africa chief

at the Pentagon

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Bbdfhj10
with a direct counterpart Gen.Martin E. Dempsey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Dempsey

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Hdhfdh10
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Hsdgwy10

as well as else where too.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 X_vnfj10
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Trtrgg10

yes its me if you feel the room kind of get a little bit hotter.....

@ risasi so you were throwing us out of the trail, not so? good smoke screen...its apparent that your goodies birds will be from the west and not from the east , like all those who operated F-5 the ultimate dream fighter would be a F-16. 

ok the cats out of the bag share us some details.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Thu Aug 14 2014, 18:03

Risasi wrote:I feel your missing the point. lets bite what we can chew. when we
bring in privileged UAV like RQ-4,RQ-9,RQ-1,U2 etc we will get bogged down in wishful thinking and day dreaming postings.
and as jas said the Super king, Y-12 are nothing more than operating platforms  and its ideally right to employ a platform that is established in your logistic and servicing systems rather than employing a newer one.  

in a short dialects and in our mode of ops:
the Compact Multimission Isr Aircraft will be system-providing effect tool (detect , locate and identify ISR info. i.e investigating environments with its multi range sensor) while the UAV is a system enabler, a means of surveilling/monitoring known ISR information. 

Compact Multimission Isr Aircraft
in peace time
1.electro-Reconnaissance collects  platform on rival forces  military radio or radar frequencies, ranges for both sea and land emitting institution, mapping out points of interest 100km adjacent to our common border. real time  electronic emitting mapping.
2.locating enemies forward operations base ,troops  and equipment concentrated areas ,road leading to and way from points of interest.

in war time
locating known  hostile frequency eg. Air defense batteries ,listen into know enemy radio frequencies
airborne command and control in-theater platforms in conjunction with several system enablers ,UAV.
@trying to astonish us with military lingo,have a nice day

Last edited by africaken on Thu Aug 14 2014, 18:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Fri Aug 15 2014, 12:42

Flying Crane wrote:
...its apparent that your goodies birds will be from the west and not from the east , like all those who operated F-5 the ultimate dream fighter would be a F-16

I hope KDF won't buy F16s that would be such an anti-climax. F15s would be o.k. What happened to aspiring for a twin-tailed gleaming fighters? F-16s have been around since mid 1970s........that's when the first batch of the F-5s were purchased for crying out loud.Tutaachwa gizani if we head that way.The irony though of wanting the F-15 is it was introduced in the market in 1976.Hakuna kitu ingine KDF yaweza nunua lakini ??
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  georiise Fri Aug 15 2014, 15:33

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Cdf_210
The CDF being briefed by Acting Assistant Chief Patrol Agent of El-Paso sector, Mr. Romiro Cordero at one of the barriers between the United States and Mexico border.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Cdf_310

The CDF gets into the F-16 fighter jet cockpit ready for take-off.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Cdf_410

Major Brian `Snake’ Crum, the F-16 fighter jet pilot ensures that the CDF is well prepared and ready for take-off
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Cdf_510
The F-16 fighter jet taxing away ready for the Close Air Support Mission
georiise
georiise

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Empty MORE PICS

Post  mchoraji Fri Aug 15 2014, 16:03

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 1811

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 1510

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Vaa110

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Medal10

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Medal110

Hii kitu has excited the blog a bit........hata Flying Crane ametoklezea   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 16 2014, 00:53

mchoraji wrote:Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 1811

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 1510

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Vaa110

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Medal10

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Medal110

Hii kitu has excited the blog a bit........hata Flying Crane ametoklezea   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Mchoraji, I too was surprised to Flying Crane crawling out into the open. The new version of the F16 would be a great replacement for the F5, if only because its life cycle operating costs are lower than the F15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 16 2014, 00:53

Flying Crane wrote:
Risasi wrote:
mambotupu wrote:
Risasi wrote:

@mambo

at the Pentagon

with a direct counterpart Gen.Martin E. Dempsey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Dempsey

@ risasi so you were throwing us out of the trail, not so? good smoke screen...its apparent that your goodies birds will be from the west and not from the east , like all those who operated F-5 the ultimate dream fighter would be a F-16. 

Its nice to see you back Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA Sat Aug 16 2014, 10:02

jasiri wrote:
MWAURA wrote:
Risasi wrote:by th way wapi bloggers like A.K.A mwaura   Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Icon_biggrin

Still around,checking in every other day! Still waiting for detail from Jasiri or anyone else  about the Merk 4s. IMO,its one of the most important deals since independence. Really!
This one is pretty sealed, im not in a position to confirm anything sa hizi..

Understood. Check PM!

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Aug 16 2014, 13:57

@Mwaura, Nothing on PM.
@ Blog, i do not sincerely think we would be going for Falcons as our main birds. F-16's have been used to upgrade from F-5's, it would take a very foolish military to use them as air superiority fighters in this era of super-maneuverable jets. Kenya WILL go for a high-low mix of advanced aerial superiority warbirds and multi-role ground attack birds. Personaly i liked the Idea of the FC-1 fighter/bomber replacing the F-5 sijui if Risasi can elaborate on how this project went coz im sure by now hehas a pretty good idea of the direction KAF is taking but he is playing it close to his chest  Cool  (FC-1 + MiG 35 in hi-lo maybe?  Wink  Wink  Wink ) . Do not read much into commander-in-the-cockpit pics.

Last edited by jasiri on Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:09; edited 1 time in total
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sat Aug 16 2014, 13:58

Flying Crane wrote:
Risasi wrote:
mambotupu wrote:
Risasi wrote:

@mambo

at the Pentagon

karibu nyumbani ssebo... Good success with ADF and LRA recently eh? mwaga mtama... n drag Spartan back here too.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sat Aug 16 2014, 16:45

thanks a lot fellow bloggers for the warm reception back and keeping my seat and the blog warm ........ pictures tell a thousand tale,

I would find it had to believe that the KDF chief went to Washington DC to be medal by his counterpart for slaying the AS and as the Duo share notes in a sober mood one ask the other "by the way would you like to have a ride in an F-16"
hahhaha..this was a pre-arranged visit with sol purpose of view those F-16 among many.

as the old saying goes "bad habits die hard" I would akin it to; if your used to sleeping around with prostitute you don't see the need of seducing women as all action according to your thinking process, produce  similar results ; sexual encounters.

KDF-AF  as usual is surely in for batch of used second hand birds , the F-16 most likely from Iraq or Afghanistan wars that would replaced by F-35.

P.S revisit risasi posting on used vs new birds, a week ago and you will get the sense of where they are leading to.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 02:18

jasiri wrote:@Mwaura, Nothing on PM.
@ Blog, i do not sincerely think we would be going for Falcons as our main birds. F-16's have been used to upgrade from F-5's, it would take a very foolish military to use them as air superiority fighters in this era of super-maneuverable jets. Kenya WILL go for a high-low mix of advanced aerial superiority warbirds and multi-role ground attack birds. Personaly i liked the Idea of the FC-1 fighter/bomber replacing the F-5 sijui if Risasi can elaborate on how this project went coz im sure by now hehas a pretty good idea of the direction KAF is taking but he is playing it close to his chest  Cool  (FC-1 + MiG 35 in hi-lo maybe?  Wink  Wink  Wink ) . Do not read much into commander-in-the-cockpit pics.

Jasiri there is no way the Mig21/ Fc-1 can be a better replacement for the F5 than the F16. The falcon is a mature bird with AESA... I think the FC1 has a problem with having a very low ferry range. It would take a very foolish-er military to use them as air superiority fighters in this era of super-maneuverable jets.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 1323197780321

Length49.3 ft /
15.03 m
 Height16.7 ft /
5.09 m
 Wingspan32.8 ft /
10.0 m
 Wing area300 sq ft /
27.87 sq m
 Weight empty20,300 lb /
9,207.9 kg
 Maximum take-off weight48,000 lb /
21,772 kg
 Internal fuel5,920 lb /
2,685.2 kg
 Speed1,500 mph
(Mach 2 at altitude)
 Range1,740 n. mi
 Power plantOne Pratt & Whitney
F100-PW-200/220/229

or

One General Electric
F110-GE-100/129
 Engine thrustF110-GE-129 29,500 lb

F100-PW-229 29,100 lb

BTW the FC1 still has the Mig21 flight control system, it does not yet have FBW

Last edited by deconstructor on Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:23; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:08

I beg to disagree. The F-16 is still a top notch fighter in use by a number of respectable and leading airforces around the world and it will still continue being a front runner for decades to come even as replacements such as the F-35, Eurofighter Typhoon and dassault Rafale continue to fill the gaps left by this fighter. What is more, it has a proven track record yet easy to maintain with spare parts awash in the market. It makes a lot of sense for KAF to upgrade to this fighter. It may be a little below the SU-27/30, but one can always get round this by procuring the bird in larger numbers after all it is much more cheaper. After being a little too cosy with the Chinese, uncle Sam is unlikely to offer the much preferred F-15 to Kenya for fear of their technology being stolen and copied. As for the FC-1 i' am not sure, but i thought it is just an improved F-16. Not so? In addition i have read stories of Chinese struggling with Jet engines. Have they overcome this yet?
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:46

Olekoima wrote:
I beg to disagree. The F-16 is still a top notch fighter in use by a number of respectable and leading airforces around the world and it will still continue being a front runner for decades to come even as replacements such as the F-35, Eurofighter Typhoon and dassault Rafale continue to fill the gaps left by this fighter. What is more, it has a proven track record yet easy to maintain with spare parts awash in the market. It makes a lot of sense for KAF to upgrade to this fighter. It may be a little below the SU-27/30, but one can always get round this by procuring the bird in larger numbers after all it is much more cheaper. After being a little too cosy with the Chinese, uncle Sam is unlikely to offer the much preferred F-15 to Kenya for fear of their technology being stolen and copied. As for the FC-1 i' am not sure, but i thought it is just an improved F-16. Not so? In addition i have read stories of Chinese struggling with Jet engines. Have they overcome this yet?
@Deconstructor The FC 1 is not Mig 21. This bird, Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 1024px-Pakistani_Chengdu_J-7the Shenyang F 7 is the Mig. FC 1, this one Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Pakistan_Air_Force_Chengdu_JF-17_Guis what im talking about. Unlike the F-16 it offers a kind of upgrade flexibility that western fighter dont. It is built with this in mind in that the software that drives this bird can easily be modified by the host air force to adapt into whatever weapon or system they please. They call this, Open Architecture. This means you can have FC-1's from 4 different country utilising four different weapons and radar packages. With the F-16 this things are standard and any upgrade must be pre approved. Now u can imagine being on their wrong side (like the Pakistanis) and all of a sudden you have no permission to upgrade or capacity to service. So if an Aesa system is your primary concern, wory not, the air force can install it if they want to. Btw Argentina is going for this babies, n remember they'll probably have to face off against Typhoons in the Falklands/Las Malvinas. 
@Olekoima I do not know of a country that employs the Falcon as an aerial superiority bird, even the Egyptians are looking for Sukhois saa hii. I said the air force will go for a HI-LO mix of fighters. Air superiority birds (what are our pilots doing in Russia?) and ground attack birds. This is where the FC-1 comes in. 

btw note that the FC-1 and the JF-17 are different birds. the JF-17 is a Pakistani mod of the FC-1 and the FC-1 is the original platform. Kuna Swali?
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:53

@Jasiri,
We are yet to see any exports of these FC-1 bird. What is taking so long? We only hear of potential customers. Why can't we go for multi-role birds such as the Sukhois then if ( as you say) our pilots are in Russia ( i believe for some sort of training on some new bird). It might be eons before we see the first export of the FC-1.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 15:12

jasiri wrote:
Olekoima wrote:
@Deconstructor The FC 1 is not Mig 21. This bird, Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 1024px-Pakistani_Chengdu_J-7the Shenyang F 7 is the Mig. FC 1, this one Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Pakistan_Air_Force_Chengdu_JF-17_Guis what im talking about. Unlike the F-16 it offers a kind of upgrade flexibility that western fighter dont. It is built with this in mind in that the software that drives this bird can easily be modified by the host air force to adapt into whatever weapon or system they please. They call this, Open Architecture. This means you can have FC-1's from 4 different country utilising four different weapons and radar packages. With the F-16 this things are standard and any upgrade must be pre approved. Now u can imagine being on their wrong side (like the Pakistanis) and all of a sudden you have no permission to upgrade or capacity to service. So if an Aesa system is your primary concern, wory not, the air force can install it if they want to. Btw Argentina is going for this babies, n remember they'll probably have to face off against Typhoons in the Falklands/Las Malvinas. 
@Olekoima I do not know of a country that employs the Falcon as an aerial superiority bird, even the Egyptians are looking for Sukhois saa hii. I said the air force will go for a HI-LO mix of fighters. Air superiority birds (what are our pilots doing in Russia?) and ground attack birds. This is where the FC-1 comes in. 

btw note that the FC-1 and the JF-17 are different birds. the JF-17 is a Pakistani mod of the FC-1 and the FC-1 is the original platform. Kuna Swali?
The only good thing about the Fc1 is its cost. But I don't think KDF needs a cheap low end jet, but rather an effective modern fighter plane.

Can Kenya afford a Hi Lo mix.

I said it was a Mig21 because its a modification of the super 7, which is a modification of the J7, which is a copy of the Mig21. The only modifying of its software will be to only accommodate Chnese weapons. I doubt Occident countries will give up the codes for their weapons to be integrated. It will be many years until they are able to give it a HMS, IRST, FBW, more hard points....

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Aug 17 2014, 19:21

deconstructor wrote:
jasiri wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

The only good thing about the Fc1 is its cost. But I don't think KDF needs a cheap low end jet, but rather an effective modern fighter plane.

I said it was a Mig21 because its a modification of the super 7, which is a modification of the J7, which is a copy of the Mig21. The only modifying of its software will be to only accommodate Chnese weapons. I doubt Occident countries will give up the codes for their weapons to be integrated. It will be many years until they are able to give it a HMS, IRST, FBW, more hard points....
@Olekoima, Egypt and Argentina are negotiating for the domestic production of these birds. They are to replace the 16's in Egyptian service while the Sukhois are to replace Phantoms... HI-LO. You cant really use an advanced multi-role for these skirmish-mode fights. Advanced birds are expensive to keep flying (ask Flying Crane) and so nations usually reserve them for more serious roles and use the cheaper birds for Somalia type ops.
@Deconstructor i think you do not understand. the Woo family is selling you a platform. If you put a floodlight in place of a radar and fix spears for missiles that's your business. That is why its cheap. Pakistani birds use Grifo S pulse doppler radars that have impressive specs. Our military has a fetish for Israeli radars, they can have an elta 2052 aesa radar coupled with american anti-armour missiles and european anti-radiation missiles...trust me, they have no problem selling u their missiles. Ask pakistan and their never ending stock of American missiles. Expensive doesn't neccesarily mean best and when you are fighting for money with infrastructure projects, it may just be the one.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Sun Aug 17 2014, 19:24

and this is where i call in Risasi...
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18 2014, 08:56

jasiri wrote:
deconstructor wrote:
jasiri wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

@Olekoima, Egypt and Argentina are negotiating for the domestic production of these birds. They are to replace the 16's in Egyptian service while the Sukhois are to replace Phantoms... HI-LO. You cant really use an advanced multi-role for these skirmish-mode fights. Advanced birds are expensive to keep flying (ask Flying Crane) and so nations usually reserve them for more serious roles and use the cheaper birds for Somalia type ops.
@Deconstructor i think you do not understand. the Woo family is selling you a platform. If you put a floodlight in place of a radar and fix spears for missiles that's your business. That is why its cheap. Pakistani birds use Grifo S pulse doppler radars that have impressive specs. Our military has a fetish for Israeli radars, they can have an elta 2052 aesa radar coupled with american anti-armour missiles and european anti-radiation missiles...trust me, they have no problem selling u their missiles. Ask pakistan and their never ending stock of American missiles. Expensive doesn't neccesarily mean best and when you are fighting for money with infrastructure projects, it may just be the one.

Jasiri my brother I think you might be underestimating the amount of time, money, and effort it would take to produce a westernized version of the Fc1. It would be practically producing a new aircraft, something along the lines of the Su30mki.

It would end up being cheaper to buy new build F16s than build this aircraft. If it was easy, it would have already been done.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz Mon Aug 18 2014, 19:23

I would avoid putting my money into woos fighter jet technology for now. Wacha kwanza wafike kiwango ya the big boys in that league. I bet you the product will have teething problems

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue Aug 19 2014, 09:59

Kobooz wrote:I would avoid putting my money into woos fighter jet technology for now. Wacha kwanza wafike kiwango ya the big boys in that league. I bet you the product will have teething problems
Exactly my thoughts too.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Empty Tanks of the future?

Post  mogen Tue Aug 19 2014, 15:22

DARPA wants future Tanks to use technology instead of Armour. Wow!

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Darpa-10

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/18/darpa-tanks-gxv-t-program/

Last edited by mogen on Tue Aug 19 2014, 15:26; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding image)
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  obienga Tue Aug 19 2014, 18:05

Is it wise that this individual is reporting on field operations complete with photos?
Live From Somalia @AbdulazizHOA  ·  6h
#BREAKING: this helicopter is seen coming from #Somalia heading to a military base in #Mandera, #Kenya. 
https://twitter.com/AbdulazizHOA/status/501657644122513408

This #Kenyan helicopter suspected to have hit an #Alshabaab base in the #Somali border. 
https://twitter.com/AbdulazizHOA/status/501657924213936128

The helicopter now heads to a #KDF base in #Mandera town, #Kenya. 
https://twitter.com/AbdulazizHOA/status/501658159111733248

Kenyan helicopter now going out of #KDF military base. #Kenya 
https://twitter.com/AbdulazizHOA/status/501658578881880064

obienga

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Aug 20 2014, 00:13

jasiri wrote:and this is where i call in Risasi...

hehehhehe stared a honnet nest there buddy hehehhe... the bird has a love hate relation hapa kwa blog
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:06

Risasi wrote:
jasiri wrote:and this is where i call in Risasi...

hehehhehe stared a honnet nest there buddy hehehhe... the bird has a love hate relation hapa kwa blog
Yes, say something.
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Fri Aug 22 2014, 10:59

deconstructor wrote:
jasiri wrote:
deconstructor wrote:
jasiri wrote:
Olekoima wrote:

Jasiri my brother I think you might be underestimating the amount of time, money, and effort it would take to produce a westernized version of the Fc1. It would be practically producing a new aircraft, something along the lines of the Su30mki.

It would end up being cheaper to buy new build F16s than build this aircraft. If it was easy, it would have already been done.
the issue of africa countries having problems with high-end military tech is because of poor maintenance track record,corruption e.t.c not so the price or high maintenance of this weapons.no one can tell why a country like nigeria with a military budget of 6 billion finds it unable to maintain it second and third generation weapons except the issues i pointed above
i know that the jubilee administration to piss off the west its going to buy this jet ,my issue is not the engine which is russian or radar(italian) but the avionic .what i foresee is that this aircraft we are being told is hybrid of different countries tech but i can assure you when we buy it ,its going to come with 100% chinese tech to drive the cost down 
at the end we will still lack air superiority and  the ability to carry out precision bombing.we need to make sure what ever we buy is of top notch quality ,my doubt with chinese tech is from their previous mig versions which even iran have had issues with.this an area our military has to trend careful

Last edited by africaken on Sat Aug 23 2014, 19:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Fri Aug 22 2014, 11:09

obienga wrote:Is it wise that this individual is reporting on field operations complete with photos?
#BREAKING: this helicopter is seen coming from #Somalia heading to a military base in #Mandera, #Kenya. 
https://twitter.com/AbdulazizHOA/status/501657644122513408

This #Kenyan helicopter suspected to have hit an #Alshabaab base in the #Somali border. 
https://twitter.com/AbdulazizHOA/status/501657924213936128

The helicopter now heads to a #KDF base in #Mandera town, #Kenya. 
https://twitter.com/AbdulazizHOA/status/501658159111733248

Kenyan helicopter now going out of #KDF military base. #Kenya 
https://twitter.com/AbdulazizHOA/status/501658578881880064
thats a MI-17 they were just doing recon after previous attacks in mandera ,it doesnt have a gunship role just utility and it seems KDF uses it for recon too

africaken

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 11 Empty A FEW QUESTIONS

Post  MWAURA Fri Aug 22 2014, 18:03

Flyguys,please drop some hints about your Russia trip! I know you weren't going for the tank biathlon and neither were you going for prayers! Broad hints will do-spare me the details.

It seems the Naij army is in shit! I don't normally trust Euromedia but when you hear local media talking of mutiny and soldiers shooting at officers,Goodluck pleading for a 1 bn$ to buy weapons while BH seemingly grows form strength to strength you must wonder.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-seeks-1bn-loan-to-fight-boko-haram/ wrote:President Goodluck Jonathan has asked the House of Representatives to grant approval to his government to borrow an external loan of $1bn(about N165bn).

http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-overruns-police-academy-in-borno/ wrote:A riot police training academy near Gwoza, Borno State has been overrun by Boko Haram   militants.

IIRC,Nkash said they requested KDF help for the Mali operation. They then sent KDF specops on the ground in N Mali who accordingly advised no. The state of the N army has much to do with that decision it seems.
Does anyone have anything concrete on BH and Naijj?

MWAURA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 35 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next