THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+46
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
redqueen
mashaa
mambotupu
Uzi
Nesta
HokumA
mwepesi
countersniper
Analyst
Balozi
cylon
Sisal Makonge
Admin
georiise
Flying Crane
Ole Sidai
timoh
Batian
PatriotKenyan
Sayaret matkal
jasiri
Olekoima
tempest
mekatilili
GreyArea
livefire
Mkenya
Sierra Kilo
mchoraji
Kobooz
MWAURA
MasterChief
Interloper
Simbamundu
mogen
kimiti
proud kenyan
nyukilized
mJESHI mMOJA
africaken
obienga
Gallahad
Risasi
The Blue
SS Jamuhuri
50 posters

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  africaken Tue Jun 03 2014, 16:39

mchoraji wrote:It's now getting hilarious, is comparing ourselves with everyone else all that we'l be doing here? Let's assume we find everyone is better than us. then?
Who are you africaken?
a patriotic kenya who is concern by myth created of our invisibility,this is a wake-up call from me to all true patriot.the leadership running our military and police are still in the 20 century ,its hypocritical to claim we are closer to the west and israel while our military portray an organisation on a decline when our regional neighbor's are moving on another league. alshabaab is the first sign of our growing flaws and diminishing regional power.

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Tue Jun 03 2014, 17:16

africaken wrote:a patriotic kenya who is concern by myth created of our invisibility,this is a wake-up call from me to all true patriot.the leadership running our military and police are still in the 20 century ,its hypocritical to claim we are closer to the west and israel while our military portray an organisation on a decline when our regional neighbor's are moving on another league. alshabaab is the first sign of our growing flaws and diminishing regional power.

Sawa my compatriot. After the bashing, then what? how do we remedy the ''ills''? we can't bash forever with no offering of solutions? I have no problem with pointing out problems where they (or are thought) to exist but then we can't reduce this blog to a bashing forum mainly by over-hyping the abilities of our neighbors. one thing i know, KDF can hold it's ground when confronted by challenges from any of our neighbors.

By the way what is your take on the Kismayu rescue that happened a few days ago?
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Tue Jun 03 2014, 18:02

mchoraji wrote:
africaken wrote:a patriotic kenya who is concern by myth created of our invisibility,this is a wake-up call from me to all true patriot.the leadership running our military and police are still in the 20 century ,its hypocritical to claim we are closer to the west and israel while our military portray an organisation on a decline when our regional neighbor's are moving on another league. alshabaab is the first sign of our growing flaws and diminishing regional power.

Sawa my compatriot. After the bashing, then what? how do we remedy the ''ills''? we can't bash forever with no offering of solutions? I have no problem with pointing out problems where they (or are thought) to exist but then we can't reduce this blog to a bashing forum mainly by over-hyping the abilities of our neighbors. one thing i know, KDF can hold it's ground when confronted by challenges from any of our neighbors.

By the way what is your take on the Kismayu rescue that happened a few days ago?
i wish they could do the same this side of the border ,i am not bashing i know tomorrow we could be the best,our economy should be in equal with our military.just now i am reading the oppostion is claiming their is corruption in the safcom cctv  deal,now we start another long debate about nothing while kenyan continue being unsafe.politics,politics,politics

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  obienga Tue Jun 03 2014, 22:14

The problem is the angle of questioning and focus: corruption as opposed to the security integrity of the arrangement, no one seems concerned that Safcom's infrastructure is itself is likely compromised and infiltrated by foreign actors. It is pointless to implement national security infrastructure that can in turn be infiltrated or sabotaged at will by foreign actors. The CS has spoken https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_odGhd363s but if there are any serious concerns, it should be the level to which Safcom and other operators have had their infrastructure compromised and what is being done to remove such back doors prior to the implementation of key national security infrastructure.

obienga

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Tue Jun 03 2014, 22:51

africaken wrote:
mchoraji wrote:It's now getting hilarious, is comparing ourselves with everyone else all that we'l be doing here? Let's assume we find everyone is better than us. then?
Who are you africaken?
a patriotic kenya who is concern by myth created of our invisibility,this is a wake-up call from me to all true patriot.the leadership running our military and police are still in the 20 century ,its hypocritical to claim we are closer to the west and israel while our military portray an organisation on a decline when our regional neighbor's are moving on another league. alshabaab is the first sign of our growing flaws and diminishing regional power.
Hilarious? NO!!!
It is time our KDF Et Al shed off the 'professional' army tag, rolled their sleeves and performed their duties as expected. We cannot have a country whose 75% of total land mass is under the control of gangs, poachers, drug dealers, terrorists, pirates or cattle rustlers. It is easier and very cost effective to learn from our neighbours esp UG so as to know what they have done to safeguard their nation yet less than a generation ago they were in a more bad shape than we are. Conspiracy or the lack of it we have to go back to the basics.
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Jun 04 2014, 02:30

Intro.
Name calling si muzuri  lets discuss like professional . if you have pressing issues just air them  out , we don’t have demean  forumers aka TEArummer. 

AS maneno
The fundamentals on my dossier calls for you to understand  that the +254-West/US altercation are not in black or white but different shades of grey. The west hasn’t drawn an official line on the ground declaring +254 as sworn enemy.  We are not the Iran of Africa and we aren’t going to be one. Kwanza tuelewane hapo before we proceed.  The +254/US altercation are in different shades of gray and not in pure black or white, red or green confrontation. The main reason being: the US will appear undemocratic if it did so, as our head of state was duly & democratic elected. Secondly, it easy to a conduct a regime changes in our mother continent. its a cup of tea for them. They therefore wouldn’t go on the extreme declare advisory avenue as in Iran, while regime change or friendly administration could conceived round the corner in few months.

when cousin Barry warned us that “choice will have consequences” we didn’t take that extra minute to think and ask, what are those consequences are or at least read in between that phrase . We auto suggested that the consequences meant a cut in AID and Grants (the Mugabe way) and the remedy would be simple to observe the sun rising i.e. the East.

Last edited by Risasi on Wed Jun 04 2014, 02:36; edited 1 time in total
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Jun 04 2014, 02:32

History has it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone
After going through the above webpage, My question to the skeptic are.

1. Did the average mujahedeen foot soldier know at that time that he was financed by or a proxy of or fighting a CIA war? 
2. Did everyone in the CIA institution or at least the American citizens know of project /Operation Cyclone?
3. are all CIA ops documented in the internet?

+254
In all again organization, terror or industrial i.e weapon manufacturing, we all agree the CIA always has  informers that feeds them with policies and the directions of those organizations.  The AL shaaba will not be and  is not an exemption . The CIA infiltrated the AS well before the KDF-Somalia –Uhururuto maneno, for  the obvious reasons of  homeland security and for forehand info. on the security for visiting VIPS and US citizen in this  part of Africa. Explains how the United States Department of State (DoS)   issue travel advisory on security ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel_warning  )on  area prone to terror . They have a clue on what goes on or is planned in those terror cells wherever they are. 
on the awake of the Uhuruto  and their eastern  policy  stand, a punitive action had to be endorsed and those  informers play critical part in  architecting meaningful economical and strategic targets on +254 rather than planting IED on military patrols in Som.   also keep in mind the AS Financing comes from “we wishers and anonymous sympathizes” that donate cash into  their foreign accounts in Europe & not from know decisive persons.

when we opted  east ..we all know  how that story went the ingredient for punitive ops  were coincidently  ready.

• An ego bruised militia so willing to revenge.
  • A porous  bordered and corrupted policing force.
  • Readily foot soldiers for the dirty job, under the name of local jihadist, who would unknowingly a fight proxy revenge wars under the name of religious & social oppression.
  • CIA Informers/architect in AS cells

Last edited by Risasi on Wed Jun 04 2014, 02:46; edited 1 time in total
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Jun 04 2014, 02:33

+254 known operatives
 AL Ameriki
A man to date responsible for advancing AS ops in urban warfare. His death is still unclear to +254 agencies, as whether  an exit strategy or real.  It beats the logic of normal thinking based on what he did for AS.

The AdvanFort organization.
How do arms get into Somali? Those fat “pirate or well wish oversea accounts” are useless if they isn’t a physical contact to delivery arms. During the onslaughter of kismayo the KDF-Naval force effectively operated a mini- naval blockade along the kisimayo coast line.  Among the blocked or forbidden vessel for the Somalia coast included those from Advanfort   and their absent resulted in a drop  or surge in AS munitions.  The blockade was so effective that AS opted to bring in arms via air from Eretria. It was therefore inevitable if peace is to be realized in this part of Somalia , an AMISON maritime force has to be part of the AMISOM  peace enforcing force to atleast police those shores.  . http://www.marsecreview.com/2013/02/somalia-denies-opposing-funding-for-kenya-navy/  the proposal was flagged down by the west.

Finally ASMISOM consist of cluster of nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Union_Mission_to_Somalia#Troops  2 of them share borders with Somalia.  Kwani katika inchi hizi zote sisi tuu ndiyo tuna  corrupted police service and hatuna security ya kutosha??? Even if we bring the mossad or the NYPD to run our policing agencies,  if the CIA wants to course havoc they wil and can do so. sawa sawa

parting shorts: In the different shade of gray… we see the west actually training and providing logistic support to AMSIOM troops.so don,t get confused hapo. we are not their sworn enemies.  we are in this together goes the saying. 
Wacha wa elewane hapo saba saba.. I don’t want to see advance anti- aircraft weapons kuangusha ndege  zetu . These are the only ones we have.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Wed Jun 04 2014, 06:19

Credulity is not a virtue. 

Risasi, your argument places Kenya on pedestal. Kenya is not a significant player on the regional and international stage. Claiming that the world powers are working in concert to "destroy" Kenya is comical at best—it is assuming that there is something to be destroyed. 

Blame corruption, tribalism, your foreign policy and the crisis of leadership. Acknowledge Ethiopia and Tanzania. 

Please do not conflate the Kenyatta administration and "Kenyans." Kenyatta's Kenya has sidelined 65% of the population, it is a government for two—tribal blocks. The 65% are seething. A second revolution is in the offing. 

The Kenyatta administration is free to ink deals with whichever country they choose. In the same breath, the West is not obligated to trade with Kenya. The Kenyatta administration might be facing East, but Kenya is and will always remain within the Western sphere of influence. 

Again, Kenyatta and his assistant =/= Kenya.

Notice the flag? 

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Bo9fy_KIIAA-jRN
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Wed Jun 04 2014, 13:14

@ Risasi please post as many images as possible of today's event at MAB

Anyone with the clips on the KAF golden jubilee aired on NTV?
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyArea Wed Jun 04 2014, 15:18

I tend to side with @risasi on this.

1. Samantha escapes a raid on her mombasa home by a whisker.

2. Samantha escapes again just when immigration and police want to question her

How is she getting this info? Intercepting police communication? Does Al shabab have the capability? Maybe they do.

3. Three weeks after blackwater enters kenya grenades start exploding everywhere.

Now I know all that can be put down to coincidence. I choose to think she gets more help than AS actually knows about and they think she is just smart...

If you wait for CIA to produce a video detailing how they work you will wait forever. Take the signs for what they are. If you are wrong you will soon know. I am not privy to as much info as guys in the military circles but I know what I am seeing.

@mekatilili, kenya is a major player in a region that has recently discovered major mineral deposits...and the west is broke!!!!! To dismiss that fact is delusional. Kenyatta and his assistant are in charge, bitter as it might seem for some, johnny and sammy included. Uhuruto recently led a sucessful african campaign against the ICC. Tell me johnny and sammy enjoyed that and are clamouring for an encore...or they never want to risk that happening when higher things are at stake?
GreyArea
GreyArea

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Wed Jun 04 2014, 17:02

Risasi wrote:+254 known operatives
 AL Ameriki
A man to date responsible for advancing AS ops in urban warfare. His death is still unclear to +254 agencies, as whether  an exit strategy or real.  It beats the logic of normal thinking based on what he did for AS.

The AdvanFort organization.
How do arms get into Somali? Those fat “pirate or well wish oversea accounts” are useless if they isn’t a physical contact to delivery arms. During the onslaughter of kismayo the KDF-Naval force effectively operated a mini- naval blockade along the kisimayo coast line.  Among the blocked or forbidden vessel for the Somalia coast included those from Advanfort   and their absent resulted in a drop  or surge in AS munitions.  The blockade was so effective that AS opted to bring in arms via air from Eretria. It was therefore inevitable if peace is to be realized in this part of Somalia , an AMISON maritime force has to be part of the AMISOM  peace enforcing force to atleast police those shores.  . http://www.marsecreview.com/2013/02/somalia-denies-opposing-funding-for-kenya-navy/  the proposal was flagged down by the west.

Finally ASMISOM consist of cluster of nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Union_Mission_to_Somalia#Troops  2 of them share borders with Somalia.  Kwani katika inchi hizi zote sisi tuu ndiyo tuna  corrupted police service and hatuna security ya kutosha??? Even if we bring the mossad or the NYPD to run our policing agencies,  if the CIA wants to course havoc they wil and can do so. sawa sawa

parting shorts: In the different shade of gray… we see the west actually training and providing logistic support to AMSIOM troops.so don,t get confused hapo. we are not their sworn enemies.  we are in this together goes the saying. 
Wacha wa elewane hapo saba saba.. I don’t want to see advance anti- aircraft weapons kuangusha ndege  zetu . These are the only ones we have.
@risasi dont  undermine alshabaab most of the members of AMISON  have come to loss from bad tactics employed in somalia and without the help of the west both in training and equipment's .uganda was only able to liberate mogandishu after being helped by the west by training their troops how to fight in  urban areas after many losses,we were able to liberate kismayo because that town is not that well urbanized
compared to Mogadishu so alshabaab knew it would be suicidal to defend it and with the lessons learned from mogandishu from the lossses even godane had being faced with criticism for his tactic .alshabaab had learned a lesson not to confront a well equip t force and had now changed tactics to hit and run,placing I.E.D'S,sniping and suicide bomb.
the issue of naval blockade on kismayo ,the west had being doing that years ahead before we even con tempted  going to somalia.i hope @risasi you have noticed this after alshabaab start this bombing campaign and KAF responded by bombing them thrice then allover sudden it got quiet,why is that! its because they got the  message you bomb us we bomb you.
this is video of uganda troops before they changed their tactics in the urban streets of mogandishu 

but after being trained and changing their tactics on urban warfare,where armour was always supported by infantry they started gain streets to streets 

Last edited by africaken on Wed Jun 04 2014, 17:48; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallahad Wed Jun 04 2014, 17:49

@Risasi and compatriots, Hongera KAF @ 50! Keep up the good work.

Gallahad

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Wed Jun 04 2014, 18:04

@ Risasi this is how alshabaab is getting its I.E.D.'S ,somali army used to be one of the largest armies in africa and the remnant of those arms are some of which are being used against AMISON ,also yemen has being know to be one of supply of illegal weapons to somalia and the know how of foreign fighter from middle east 

africaken

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Empty Faces Of Africa - AMISOM: Africans Save Somalia

Post  africaken Wed Jun 04 2014, 18:14

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Wed Jun 04 2014, 18:50

GreyArea wrote:I tend to side with @risasi on this.

1. Samantha escapes a raid on her mombasa home by a whisker.

2. Samantha escapes again just when immigration and police want to question her

How is she getting this info? Intercepting police communication? Does Al shabab have the capability? Maybe they do.

3. Three weeks after blackwater enters kenya grenades start exploding everywhere.

Now I know all that can be put down to coincidence. I choose to think she gets more help than AS actually knows about and they think she is just smart...

If you wait for CIA to produce a video detailing how they work you will wait forever. Take the signs for what they are. If you are wrong you will soon know. I am not privy to as much info as guys in the military circles but I know what I am seeing.

@mekatilili, kenya is a major player in a region that has recently discovered major mineral deposits...and the west is broke!!!!! To dismiss that fact is delusional. Kenyatta and his assistant are in charge, bitter as it might seem for some, johnny and sammy included. Uhuruto recently led a sucessful african campaign against the ICC. Tell me johnny and sammy enjoyed that and are clamouring for an encore...or they never want to risk that happening when higher things are at stake?
the kenyan police has dismiss report that Samantha was involved in the attack on KDF in lamu that the so called Samantha sighting was a Spanish female tourist http://www.tvcnews.tv/?q=article/kenya-police-dismiss-report-white-widow-sighting

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Wed Jun 04 2014, 19:16

if KDF was the one guard the border and with results such as this ,this frequent attacks inside kenyan would have few  even non existent

if iran is building such fortress near their border with pakistan and afganistan from drug smugglers and iranian arabs insurgents (Harakat Ansar Iran) link to jihadist why cant we do the same in the northeast 

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 9ontZh5

and give A.P manning this border APC 's heavy weapons and sniffer dogs 

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 BYTiojC
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 R3sXRjr
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 BxAT75N

africaken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo Wed Jun 04 2014, 19:53

Gallahad wrote:@Risasi and compatriots, Hongera KAF @ 50! Keep up the good work.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 150px-Kenya_Airforce_logo
Congratulations boys and girls of the wings of steel as you celebrate your Golden Jubilee,
#weareone
Sierra Kilo
Sierra Kilo

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyArea Wed Jun 04 2014, 22:26

the kenyan police has dismiss report that Samantha was involved in the attack on KDF in lamu that the so called Samantha sighting was a Spanish female tourist http://www.tvcnews.tv/?q=article/kenya-police-dismiss-report-white-widow-sighting

Okay...a visiting spanish tourist hired police to take her to Ras Kamboni in all of East Africa? And not only Ras Kamboni but the KDF installation...hehehe..a lone white woman? So comfortable in nfd and somalia?...find me another one and i will give you n'gombes to keep at home.
GreyArea
GreyArea

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Thu Jun 05 2014, 06:47

jubilee kwisha now I can answer you moja moja

I don,t want to engaged in politics.. what bloggers wanted was for me to define how the CIA was running this maneno.

it not that I am supporting corruption and tribalism , but I am sure there not the barometer for terrorism. google the most corrupted police forces and link them to terror activities in their respective country. plus further more because we have vilupuzi at the coast , central and eastern provinces and not in luo nyanza does this mean that those county police bosses are more corrupt than others?
about mambo ya uhuru and tribalism that's not for me to answer. suppose  RAO got elected as Head of state, would he too not have favored his tribe in gov,t appointments? we all know how CORD/ODM managed its nominations and elections. my opinion tribalism should be made a crime to enable a smooth and equal distribution of national resources.
hizo zote ni siasa and I will not engage in them again.

fungua macho bwana.

pay special attention to the African countries below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_United_States_foreign_regime_change_actions
once Uncle Sam doesn,t like you or you turn East that's a good enough reason for him to brew something for you.

how do we know about CIA activities in Som?? we are not the top cops of the continent ,my NSIS and MIC buddies have worked with them before in inserting agent in Som.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Somalia

kuna mengi that i can,t reveal hapa cause wengi muta uliza for facts, and those facts  are  still classified as of now
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Thu Jun 05 2014, 07:53

mchoraji wrote:@ Risasi please post as many images as possible of today's event at MAB

niko base didn,t attend, will see what I can get from friends.. but vijana wana lia that the following web ina  iba picture and info. zetu sana.
http://far-maroc.forumpro.fr/f9-afrique

Last edited by Risasi on Fri Jun 06 2014, 16:40; edited 1 time in total
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Thu Jun 05 2014, 07:58

Sierra Kilo wrote:
Gallahad wrote:@Risasi and compatriots, Hongera KAF @ 50! Keep up the good work.
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 150px-Kenya_Airforce_logo
Congratulations boys and girls of the wings of steel as you celebrate your Golden Jubilee,
#weareone

thanks bros
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Thu Jun 05 2014, 15:17

Just trying to foresee the next decade of air force re-equipping. Botswana is on record as interested in Gripens and SAAB has gone and set up office there. They are saying they have and office in Kenya too as a way to expand in Africa. Kenya is looking for new fighters...... Are Gripens on the cards/shortlist? ...... Maybe. Just maybe.
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken Thu Jun 05 2014, 17:21

Risasi wrote:
mchoraji wrote:@ Risasi please post as many images as possible of today's event at MAB

niko base didn,t attended but will see what I can get from friends.. but vijana wana lia that the following web ina  iba picture and info. zetu sana.
@ risasi look at what i found from the forum from our nemesis the brits  Very Happy 
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 58670110
KENYA’s efforts to protect its borders received a major boost after the United Kingdom provided the Kenya Defence Forces with a high-tech maritime security surveillance system. The equipment, was handed over to the team by British Defence Attaché Brigadier David Potts at the Kenyan Air Force Forward Operating Base in Mombasa, which is located at the airport. There was high security during the handing over, with the press getting limited access to the venue.

The surveillance equipment consists of a special camera fixed to the bottom of an aircraft, and used both day and night to spot suspicious activity at sea. It will be used along Kenya’s coast. Potts said in providing the equipment, the UK’s intention is to provide further support to Kenya’s capability to root out security threats such as piracy, terrorism and smuggling. “This is a demonstration of the strength of UK-Kenyan bi-lateral defence cooperation. We hope that it will help strengthen Kenya’s regional maritime security capabilities and help restore greater security to Kenya’s coast,” he said.

The handover ceremony also marks the end of a period of training for KDF personnel who will be operating the equipment. In a press statement from the press office, they explained that the equipment, called the MX-15, is manufactured by L-3 WESCAM of the US and consists of a stabilised, gimbal-mounted day/night sighting system which is controlled by a sensor operator inside the modified air craft. “The operator sits at a consol which provides him with real-time data recoding facilities, and a suite of communications facilities which allow him to work in coordination with other maritime surveillance assets. In this particular case the Kenya Air Force will be operating the equipment from a modified Y-12 HARBIN,” he added.

The project has been funded and enabled by the UK, and has been delivered by a contractor called CAE Aviation Luxembourg. “Its use in maritime surveillance is to seek out those conducting illegal activity. This can be done at a safe distance from the target, and in most cases the target will not be aware of the aircraft’s presence in the area. Data recording and subsequent analysis by trained experts will be used to assist prosecutors to secure safe convictions of those involved in illegal activity at sea,” Potts said.

He added that Kenyan operators and analysts have received all the necessary training to use, service and maintain the equipment. They will gain further expertise as they use the equipment in its operational role. Part of the programme is for the contractor to provide two years worth of technical support. The UK has recently funded a similar system for use by the Seychelles People’s Defence Force. Their system has been operational for approximately one year, and has been used extensively throughout their Exclusive Economic Zone.

africaken

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 Empty Interesting

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06 2014, 05:19

Future of the Kenyan Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
http://www.researchmoz.us/future-of-the-kenyan-defense-industry-market-attractiveness-competitive-landscape-and-forecasts-to-2018-report.html

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Fri Jun 06 2014, 12:12

africaken wrote:
Risasi wrote:

niko base didn,t attended but will see what I can get from friends.. but vijana wana lia that the following web ina  iba picture and info. zetu sana.
@ risasi look at what i found from the forum from our nemesis the brits  Very Happy 
Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 4 58670110
KENYA’s efforts to protect its borders received a major boost after the United Kingdom provided the Kenya Defence Forces with a high-tech maritime security surveillance system. The equipment, was handed over to the team by British Defence Attaché Brigadier David Potts at the Kenyan Air Force Forward Operating Base in Mombasa, which is located at the airport. There was high security during the handing over, with the press getting limited access to the venue.

The surveillance equipment consists of a special camera fixed to the bottom of an aircraft, and used both day and night to spot suspicious activity at sea. It will be used along Kenya’s coast. Potts said in providing the equipment, the UK’s intention is to provide further support to Kenya’s capability to root out security threats such as piracy, terrorism and smuggling. “This is a demonstration of the strength of UK-Kenyan bi-lateral defence cooperation. We hope that it will help strengthen Kenya’s regional maritime security capabilities and help restore greater security to Kenya’s coast,” he said.

The handover ceremony also marks the end of a period of training for KDF personnel who will be operating the equipment. In a press statement from the press office, they explained that the equipment, called the MX-15, is manufactured by L-3 WESCAM of the US and consists of a stabilised, gimbal-mounted day/night sighting system which is controlled by a sensor operator inside the modified air craft. “The operator sits at a consol which provides him with real-time data recoding facilities, and a suite of communications facilities which allow him to work in coordination with other maritime surveillance assets. In this particular case the Kenya Air Force will be operating the equipment from a modified Y-12 HARBIN,” he added.

The project has been funded and enabled by the UK, and has been delivered by a contractor called CAE Aviation Luxembourg. “Its use in maritime surveillance is to seek out those conducting illegal activity. This can be done at a safe distance from the target, and in most cases the target will not be aware of the aircraft’s presence in the area. Data recording and subsequent analysis by trained experts will be used to assist prosecutors to secure safe convictions of those involved in illegal activity at sea,” Potts said.

He added that Kenyan operators and analysts have received all the necessary training to use, service and maintain the equipment. They will gain further expertise as they use the equipment in its operational role. Part of the programme is for the contractor to provide two years worth of technical support. The UK has recently funded a similar system for use by the Seychelles People’s Defence Force. Their system has been operational for approximately one year, and has been used extensively throughout their Exclusive Economic Zone.
this pic has "eaten dust",I think it was before OLN or just after,and way before choices having consequences..it seems you didnt read through the blog from at least before onset of OLN

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan Fri Jun 06 2014, 12:18

deconstructor wrote:Future of the Kenyan Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
http://www.researchmoz.us/future-of-the-kenyan-defense-industry-market-attractiveness-competitive-landscape-and-forecasts-to-2018-report.html
the kenyan defence industry is bound to change going forward,sometime back there was talk of an upcoming expeditionary force for kenya,and the guidelines,among them ability to operationalise and deploy within a given amount of time would show serious intention towards better hardware,as well as the planned upgrades of the civilian policing force and intel sections of the security apparatus

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Jun 06 2014, 17:05

tempest wrote:Just trying to foresee the next decade of air force re-equipping. Botswana is on record as interested in Gripens and SAAB has gone and set up office there. They are saying they have and office in Kenya too as a way to expand in Africa. Kenya is looking for new fighters...... Are Gripens on the cards/shortlist? ...... Maybe. Just maybe.

the Swanas seem to have extra coins laying around. at one time they wanted our F-5, afterwards  they shifted to the T-50 (korea) now  SAAB gripens...
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Fri Jun 06 2014, 18:04

The are upping their game. There is more noise coming from the Koreans with KAI reporting in their annual projections that they will have earnings from Botswana T-50 deal. Lots of confidence.

However SAAB setting base in Botswana, considering they are only next door in South Africa, suggests aggressive marketing and high value market.
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Fri Jun 06 2014, 19:22

tempest wrote:The are upping their game. There is more noise coming from the Koreans with KAI reporting in their annual projections that they will have earnings from Botswana T-50 deal. Lots of confidence.

However SAAB setting base in Botswana, considering they are only next door in South Africa, suggests aggressive marketing and high value market.

the Zambia are also getting a stake of their ante...inked 6pc of L-15. china copies of the Yak-130
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbZAJ6lfIDI
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next