THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

+52
pacifist
MasterChief
mchoraji
firewall
timoh
Kepler-Euler
tres impoli
jasiri
Olekoima
cylon
mashaa
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Technician
SIAT
SS Jamuhuri
mJESHI mMOJA
georiise
Observer
mbs
Ole Sidai
Al Bashir
HokumA
Sierra Kilo
livefire
Admin
tempest
Mbaine
mwepesi
MOOZALENDO
mekatilili
Uzi
Fabrizio
Balozi
Flying Crane
Nesta
Risasi
The Blue
proud kenyan
gash
edmuiru
Neutral Ground
mogen
kimiti
Spartan
aggressor one
Analyst
countersniper
Ned Starks Head
MWAURA
Batian
Kobooz
areba
56 posters

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  mogen Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:19

Their demands are reddykulas and, in fact, impossible:
1. release all of their buddies incarcerated in Kenya for terrorism charges
2. Kenya to secure release of those in Ugandan prisons in connection with the Kampala bombing
But they point to us that the kebabs may be set to execute their captives, anyway.
My take: our guys know the whereabouts of our captured people and will possibly get them all released without use of force or surrender.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Somali-Islamists-threaten-to-execute-Kenyan-hostages-/-/1066/1673826/-/vlkun1z/-/index.html

proud kenyan wrote:authenticity not known,hope the hunters and gatherers from 30th and 40th are now in overdrive

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Somali-Islamists-threaten-to-execute-Kenyan-hostages-/-/1066/1673826/-/vlkun1z/-/index.html

Last edited by mogen on Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:22; edited 1 time in total
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:20

mogen wrote:

Risasi and others, please, please. Keep our highly divisive partisan local politics out of this forum. You have no convincing excuse to discuss partisan politics here.

In our country 3 institutions (plus their leaders) must remain neutral and be seen to be neutral. Yes, even if that means the leaders keeping their political preferences private and it doesn't matter whether they are voters or not. [in fact, you should ask yourself why the IEBC Chairman, like many others elsewhere, chose not to vote].

The Judiciary, Electoral Commission and the Military are the last custodians of the peace in the unlikely event of the political players disagreeing during or after the elections and causing trouble. In fact, recently the CDF (thro' his Deputy) talked of KDF's political neutrality at a major function in Mombasa. Of course, it is ok to vote and have political opinions but they should never be expressed in a manner likely to be confused for an official position because doing so could bring disrepute to the KDF. Yes, Risasi ukivaa kirauni na kupaa angani 'you are colourless' in matters of partisan politics. Any expression of political opinion by uniforms, more so ranking ones, can be (mis)construed to mean campaigning. Please don't go there.

With regard to procurement of inventory, you guys have previously told us here that the KDF has well-established systems with checks and balances in place to stop the anglo-fleecing type scandals. Moreover, the Defence Council's role isn't diminishing and the C-in-C, whoever it is, cannot just ignore advise from his Generals. You also told here (previously) that once the Defence Council has decided on an Officer's promotion no one can change that. That should also apply to inventory procurement.

in short, stop campaigning for your candidates here and if you do elsewhere be sure to remove your kirauni while politiking. I cannot countenance seeing the CDF in uniform attending a charged and highly partisan political rally. Neither should i spot you there in your uniform. Whenever and wherever you are in uniform you are representing the KDF and you should never bring that highly esteemed institution into disrepute. This admonition definitely applies to the KDF but does not apply to revolutionary armies (I have lived under the the world's largest Revolutionary Army for years and know that they breath, eat and sleep tinkering in politics).

Risasi na wengine, nawaheshimu sana. Please do not do that again.Over and out now!

Have you had of the saying love your job but not with your employer. your profession will be with you where you go….anyway light side aside am just exercising a constitutional right.
I vowed not to answer any political issues hapa for the better of the larger good
I will be at the Region discussion page drumming my battle cries. I will not answer any thing political in this page Tukutane huku for the interested few. I think hapo I can discuss as a civvy. Ama? kirauni iko chini kipande ile ya regional discussion Razz

Last edited by Risasi on Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:26; edited 1 time in total
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:25

Risasi wrote:
mogen wrote:

Risasi and others, please, please. Keep our highly divisive partisan local politics out of this forum. You have no convincing excuse to discuss partisan politics here.

In our country 3 institutions (plus their leaders) must remain neutral and be seen to be neutral. Yes, even if that means the leaders keeping their political preferences private and it doesn't matter whether they are voters or not. [in fact, you should ask yourself why the IEBC Chairman, like many others elsewhere, chose not to vote].

The Judiciary, Electoral Commission and the Military are the last custodians of the peace in the unlikely event of the political players disagreeing during or after the elections and causing trouble. In fact, recently the CDF (thro' his Deputy) talked of KDF's political neutrality at a major function in Mombasa. Of course, it is ok to vote and have political opinions but they should never be expressed in a manner likely to be confused for an official position because doing so could bring disrepute to the KDF. Yes, Risasi ukivaa kirauni na kupaa angani 'you are colourless' in matters of partisan politics. Any expression of political opinion by uniforms, more so ranking ones, can be (mis)construed to mean campaigning. Please don't go there.

With regard to procurement of inventory, you guys have previously told us here that the KDF has well-established systems with checks and balances in place to stop the anglo-fleecing type scandals. Moreover, the Defence Council's role isn't diminishing and the C-in-C, whoever it is, cannot just ignore advise from his Generals. You also told here (previously) that once the Defence Council has decided on an Officer's promotion no one can change that. That should also apply to inventory procurement.

in short, stop campaigning for your candidates here and if you do elsewhere be sure to remove your kirauni while politiking. I cannot countenance seeing the CDF in uniform attending a charged and highly partisan political rally. Neither should i spot you there in your uniform. Whenever and wherever you are in uniform you are representing the KDF and you should never bring that highly esteemed institution into disrepute. This admonition definitely applies to the KDF but does not apply to revolutionary armies (I have lived under the the world's largest Revolutionary Army for years and know that they breath, eat and sleep tinkering in politics).

Risasi na wengine, nawaheshimu sana. Please do not do that again.Over and out now!

Have you had of the saying love your job but not with your employer. your profession will be with you where you go….away light side aside am just exercising a constitutional right. I will be at the Region discussion page drumming my battle cries. I will not answer any think political in this page Tukutane huku for the interested few. I think hapo I can discuss as a civvy. Ama? kirauni iko chini kipande ile ya regional discussion Razz
Ndiyo Afande. Wenye hamu waelekee kule basi. Mimi nitaendelea kuregarega tu hapa hapa.
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Thu Jan 24 2013, 12:00

Uzi wrote:
Risasi wrote:

If we go the CORD way Woo/Ivan get pushed off without a blink and we have to bow to that single idol once again. We are good boys now and several Ex-US Force equipment’s start flocking in and we (military) go back to the 80 and 70. Johhny/Sammy stuff from the belt to the button. And Johnny/Sammy stuff definitely comes with clauses. fail them and we are grounded bro. According to him the Ole Man gamble and experimented with Woo and the results were witness and impressive in OLN. Don,t let that go out the window by “Electing Moral up right men”. In OLN the Puma was rivaled with theMi-171,Buff with the Y-12 and MD500 with Z-9. And they wasn,t a time in the Ops that we felt Ivan/Woos stuff was strangling to keep up with johnnies.lets continue with them with free hands.

CORD will bring the west back to the defense budgets again; expensive equipment’s, sound names (good for the wanainchi) but with compiling clauses.

Lets keep it jubilee a bitter pill with a brighter future. in fact UHURUTO will strive to meet the citizens demand in order to create a good name because they are international reject s even if they want to get financial mischievous they don,t have the dens to hide the cash. Evil or Very Mad

Nikona shida?

Does it make sense?

How much is fact and fiction?

i rest my case I love you

@Risasi u have always fed us well b4 but this time sorry umechemsha! To paraphrase u "If we go the CORD way
Woo/Ivan get pushed off without a blink and we have to bow to that
single idol once again. We are good boys now and several Ex-US Force
equipment’s start flocking in and we (military) go back to the 80 and
70. Johhny/Sammy stuff from the belt to the button.
"
Last time i checked Egypt with the fourth largest F16 inventory was set to receive over 40 Mig29's from Ivan. Are u suggesting that the much talked about eagles are actually not here and this is because of uncle Woo's and Ivan's Kenyan presence? How were we able to purchase the Mi6's and AR15's from Sam?
I suspect you and ON are telling us ur personal bias and re-packaging it philosophically. How much is fact and fiction? U tell us.

Comparing KE to Egypt is akin to comparing oranges to mangoes, again at what age and day are we comparing the two. tukutane kwa regional discusssion page for the remainder of the script. Very Happy
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty UK military ties to Kenya reviewed

Post  Olekoima Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:46

These British soldiers should not abuse our hospitality by indiscriminately shooting and killing our citizens. Soldiers who do this or engage in acts of rape or other abuses as happened in the past need to be charged and jailed if found guilty:-
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/c1941eee-4a96-11e2-968a-00144feab49a.html#axzz21WSySlo5
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Thu Jan 24 2013, 15:51

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/kenya/9823035/British-soldier-in-Kenya-shooting-confined-to-barracks-amid-wrangle-that-threatens-UK-training-arrangement.html
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty Re:KDF

Post  proud kenyan Thu Jan 24 2013, 18:52

Olekoima wrote:These British soldiers should not abuse our hospitality by indiscriminately shooting and killing our citizens. Soldiers who do this or engage in acts of rape or other abuses as happened in the past need to be charged and jailed if found guilty:-
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/c1941eee-4a96-11e2-968a-00144feab49a.html#axzz21WSySlo5

i remember there was a time the US wanted its military personell to avoid prosecution in kenya in case they misbehaved in any way..and the then defence minister Njenga Karume refused,then they did what they do best:withheld funding for the KDF...a public outcry later and they resumed funding as if nothing had happened. i hope no such agreement exists with johnny's boys

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty My own version of the genesis of OLN

Post  Kobooz Fri Jan 25 2013, 02:45

I will never forget the day a protest march was staged due the arrest of a cleric in january 2010, he was later deported. on this fateful day, the flag of al kebab was waved right in the cbd of Nairobi. This to me was the climax of mockery to our nation. I developed a very bitter grudge due to this particular incidence & said to myself we will get a chance to settle this score one day and in our own way. So therefore 28th September 2012 was one such day!

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan Fri Jan 25 2013, 15:01

Shabaab twitter account has been suspended after it threatened to execute Kenyan brothers. Did someone pull strings? Laughing Laughing
Spartan
Spartan

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Fri Jan 25 2013, 19:14

Spartan wrote:Shabaab twitter account has been suspended after it threatened to execute Kenyan brothers. Did someone pull strings? Laughing Laughing

They have been posting pictures of dead soldiers and threatening to kill Kenyans for over a year now and freedom of speech was in vogue then. Enter the French....
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili Fri Jan 25 2013, 19:15

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 FAF_Station_Mombasa_renewal_12-09-10

Construction at FAF Station Mombasa during its upgrades in Fall 2010
mekatilili
mekatilili

http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tres impoli Sat Jan 26 2013, 04:06

Thanks guys kenya is bigger than politics! I for one really gets worked up when we spend so much time on politics rather than how to raise our gdp and secure decent jobs for our youth. Rather than politics let discuss about Lapsset, Konza city, how do we irrigate the whole of northern Kenya for food using the waters of lake victoria despite the objections from the pyramids. Last week two fundamental things happened to me.
One was this guy who has worked in various ports: Singapore, Boston, LA, Rotterdam and Shanghai. When i told him about our proposed Lamu port, he told me without doubt that if we plan it well, nothing will stop it from being the anchor between Asia and the Americas meaning that it will be the most strategic port in the world! Think about that folks!
Second was this girl who went for an interview with this kenyan lady. When the panel asked where both of them
came from the girl said she is from Cameroon and the Kenyan said she is from kenya. To make
the story short the kenyan lady was given a job because apparently kenyans work harder and are more serous about their assignments than the others. That's a quote from one of the panelists.

tres impoli

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty Re:Kenya Defence Forces

Post  proud kenyan Sat Jan 26 2013, 18:15

since the AU is hunting for some militaries to commit to their mali plan, i have just wondered to myself how well the KDF fares in desert warfare,since this is what is mostly experienced in that region
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/AU-seeks-additional-troops-for-Mali/-/1066/1675520/-/11c9bvsz/-/index.html

proud kenyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Sat Jan 26 2013, 20:04

You guys chased the geese that laid the golden eggs ….. now you have nothing more than to speculate and contemplate on military rumors ….ha haha ha..ok continue discussing ..
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Sun Jan 27 2013, 13:33

Ole Nkarei uko wapi?? rudi bwana don't just disappear like that.considering elsewhere in the net uko, stop giving this forum such a big miss
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 28 2013, 11:33

mchoraji wrote:Ole Nkarei uko wapi?? rudi bwana don't just disappear like that.considering elsewhere in the net uko, stop giving this forum such a big miss

Bana wee!! I have been 'dark' for a while and for good reason - kila pahari bana (ceased all on-line ops in that 'other Net' kitambo!

Those bastards are damn serious about those hostages - they have no fight left, so must make token defiant gestures to psyche their cadres. Pretty good and accurate Intel on the locations of those Kenyans, though they are shifting and erratic - you may have noticed from the latest video aired last week that they too have grown beards and also they dress pretty much like Alkebabs. CDF will not let the 30th loose until the probability factor for a safe extraction of more than than 80% of the hostage-compliment hits 70%.

Wee waacha tufanye kazi, joo!! Blog is pretty much in safe hands. Ama?

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Mon Jan 28 2013, 11:44

ole Nkarei wrote: Wee waacha tufanye kazi, joo!! Blog is pretty much in safe hands. Ama?

alright sir. but kuwa uki peep once in a while
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty PROSPECTS FOR MORE OIL DISCOVERY

Post  mchoraji Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:00

This year seems quite promising as far as oil exploration in kenya is concerned. Kenya, mauritania & gabon have been rated as the african nations with the biggest potential of yielding more oil discoveries this year

Kenya has been ranked among the top three African countries where huge oil and gas deposits are likely to be discovered this year, giving hopes to explorers who have heightened drilling in the country.

Paris-based lender BNP Paribas Bank rated Kenya, Mauritania and Gabon as the most promising exploration hotspots.

Bankers and mining analysts project that over $300 million will be spent in Kenya on exploration activities this year by prospecting firms, especially after last year’s discoveries of crude oil onshore by Tullow Oil Plc and Apache Corporation natural gas offshore find.Two oil and gas wells were expected to be sunk this month in Lamu in a fresh round of drilling activity, which is projected to significantly increase in the next 12 months.

The country expects drilling of eight more wells later in the year as BG Group, Afren Plc, Ophir Energy, Africa Oil Corporation and Vanoil Energy among other firms intensify their search for hydrocarbons in what oil and gas experts said could greatly transform global energy flows.

Analysts, led by Australian consulting firm Hartleys, project that drilling activity will increase in offshore Kenya with up to 10 wells expected this year.

Tullow Oil, a London Stock Exchange listed firm, plans to drill at least seven of the 10 wells in Kenya.

Hope the discoveries are made soon enough. The energy ministry in the new government should also come up with people friendly laws which will ensure maximum benefits for the citizenry. hope the new parliament will be hawk-eyed to avoid the executive giving the nation a low deal in agreements that will be entered into.the future seems bright!
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty CONTROVERSIAL PICS

Post  mchoraji Mon Jan 28 2013, 15:48

SIN is using the very photos we were discussing here the other day.....

http://intelligencebriefs.com/?p=3321
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Jan 29 2013, 04:29

They are aware of the truth about the photo but used it to make a point. Pic may be wrong but most of the text is not necessarily wrong.
mchoraji wrote:SIN is using the very photos we were discussing here the other day.....
http://intelligencebriefs.com/?p=3321
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen Tue Jan 29 2013, 04:40

As I said earlier:
mogen wrote:My take: our guys know the whereabouts of our captured people and will possibly get them all released without use of force or surrender.
ON agrees KDF knows the whereabout of our men in captivity. I might be wrong but I think KDF might obtain their release without surrender or use of force

ole Nkarei wrote:...Those bastards are damn serious about those hostages - they have no fight left, so must make token defiant gestures to psyche their cadres. Pretty good and accurate Intel on the locations of those Kenyans, though they are shifting and erratic ...
mogen
mogen

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Jan 31 2013, 03:17

@ON, I came across some traffic cops with a SMG similar to the one below, but with a longer, slightly-curved magazine. Which SMG variant does accompany the law-enforcers?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f17/17/59/26/95/300px-10.jpg
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Post  tempest Thu Jan 31 2013, 10:18

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 261856-hk20mp51

H&K MP5. Very popular with police
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' Thu Jan 31 2013, 20:02

tempest wrote:Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 261856-hk20mp51

H&K MP5. Very popular with police

Exactly Tempest, thanks.

Now, this is personal Tempest. Has Gabriel terminated his half-considered ambition of transffering the capital from Harare to Xvimba district-his hometown? Very Happy. Jeistun believers of the Roman Anglican Church in the Xvimba locale spent three hours yesterday of their precious day scrambling for anything "whitesh" to wave in the air in the name of peaceful demonstrations supporting the wishful thinking. Update us man on whats going on down there in Bulawayo.

Anybody in the vicinity, Collins do you copy? Touch base, you are doing "fancy-flypasts" with a multi-million bird. Distance your soul from the wrath of 'tax-payers'. Laughing
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty Poaching menace

Post  Kobooz Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:35

Somebody earlier said that we will pay dearly for embracing uncle woo. Could the poaching menace that is threatening to downgrade or wipe out our tourism sector be related to the entry of uncle woo? they are the ones who have wanton appetite for such. All in all neo-colinialism is all tailored to exploit our God given heritage. The sweeter the goodies & the baits the bigger the pound of flesh required of us. We better open our eyes.

Kobooz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:55

A warrior of today totting to battle an MP5 would be sadly derelict. I am not riding into harms way with anyone totting this toy. Battlefields are filled with body-armoured Infantry and heavily -armoured IFV! its advantages of weight, balance,reliability etc only have value in low grade close-quarters contact such as by Recce-GSU FBU-ops (at the worst case scenario) against non-military groupings. A traffic cop will be seeking out rapidly moving targets crouched inside a Metal cageg vehicle, which the light 9mm high-cyclic rate and erratic MP5 is unsuited for. The full-jacketed 7.62mm G3 and AK47 was appropriately selected for General Duty Police work. It takes extreme usage and persistent training to use the MP5 effectively particularly when it is not factory-designed for three-round bursts.

@Kabooz - bro, hakuna kabisa mambo kama hayo. The Poaching is driven by economic imperatives and the Market is mostly South East Asian. And that the huge Chinese labour force in Africa does indeed traffic in African Ivory is undeniable. But despite the radical increase of poaching in Kenya, it is neither endemic nor rampart and neither unmanageable. The GSU and KWS are on top of this as effectively as anyone ever will be. I might add that only the white man has historically decimated / exterminated other species for sport and amusement in the entire history of man on this Earth.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri Fri Feb 01 2013, 19:55

Kobooz wrote:Somebody earlier said that we will pay dearly for embracing uncle woo. Could the poaching menace that is threatening to downgrade or wipe out our tourism sector be related to the entry of uncle woo? they are the ones who have wanton appetite for such. All in all neo-colinialism is all tailored to exploit our God given heritage. The sweeter the goodies & the baits the bigger the pound of flesh required of us. We better open our eyes.
Woo family is just providing the demand. the real poachers are Somalians and our very own. with the kind of prices these ivory fetches in the black market, very many will be tempted to try it out.
jasiri
jasiri

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) - Page 21 Empty Whooop-whoops over Nairobi Night Skies!

Post  Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 02:40

How is is possible that not one of the bat-eared-eagle-eyed military buffs on TEA has made contact with the frequency of night helio bedlam over Nailovi skies, eh? And several other urban centres along the entire Southern, Central Kenya and Ilemi-Wajir Axis! Eeeiish!

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh Sat Feb 02 2013, 10:48

ON...give us the lowdown man.watsup withem helios
timoh
timoh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 16:02

timoh wrote:ON...give us the lowdown man.watsup withem helios

Trying. Without risking my pips!

Combat Night Ops simulation in array and in squadron. Whole works. Thunderous though quick and furtive over-flights - unmistakable signature ata kama umelala mlevi bans!. The beasts are nothing like the MD500 or the Z-9w, by gawd!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next