THE EAST AFRICAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ)

+20
Cycoh 'DUDUS'
HokumA
gash
mogen
Uzi
Batian
Fabrizio
Spartan
Sierra Kilo
countersniper
cylon
tempest
Flying Crane
jasiri
Olekoima
mJESHI mMOJA
Risasi
Sisal Makonge
Balozi
Admin
24 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty Re: Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ)

Post  Balozi Wed Jul 24 2013, 21:37

Kneeling is serious business esp. for a CiC and his entourage.. man UK (the new CiC) almost did so and was advised  otherwise by the chief of defense forces. A hilarious moment I would say. Below clip at 07:10 – 08:00 Laughing 

Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty Interesting

Post  Guest Wed Jul 31 2013, 23:39

TZ in Congo
from www.sinodefenceforum.com
Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 6_zps4b1581a9
Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 5_zps523d77fc
Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 2_zpsafe1a7a3

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty Re: Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ)

Post  Uzi Thu Aug 01 2013, 08:11

deconstructor wrote:TZ in Congo

Looking gud. Which rifles are this?
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Aug 01 2013, 10:16

Uzi wrote:

Define irony; “a person who loves Israeli guns, has an avatar on one but can,t  identify one if he comes across it”  Very Happy 
come on UZI The rifle is a IWI Galil MAR  http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=603
with a mepro 21 sight a consignment that arrived from Tel Aviv +2 yr back
 the  meprosight is a plus plus in today weaponlogy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd9YKVKti2g
kudos JWTZ

Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Thu Aug 01 2013, 21:50

Flying Crane wrote:
Uzi wrote:

Define irony; “a person who loves Israeli guns, has an avatar on one but can,t  identify one if he comes across it”  Very Happy 
come on UZI The rifle is a IWI Galil MAR  http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=603
 the  meprosight is a plus plus in today weaponlogy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd9YKVKti2g
kudos JWTZ

Got me crane. I had my suspicions but the additional scopes did me plus i had never known Tz to shop in .il
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Fri Aug 02 2013, 09:01

Uzi wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:
Uzi wrote:

kudos JWTZ

Got me crane. I had my suspicions but the additional scopes did me plus i had never known Tz to shop in .il
hahaha don,t worry. They is an influx of arms into the region. all 5 Defence forces of E.A are gearing up towards a reasonable equipped forces with Burundi lag but still following suit. so I wasn't surprise to see Israeli weaponology in Tz.

the down side is that the Galil MAR (Micro Assault Rifle) as the name suggests is a sub machine gun. i.e a close quarter or urban assault weapon. ideally used with S.F. but I am surprised to see Tz has found new  Laughing  use for it as a field  assault rifle.
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty Tanzanian military receives Indian vehicles

Post  Olekoima Fri Aug 23 2013, 13:25

The Tanzania People’s Defence Force (TPDF) has received 591 military vehicles from India, including trucks and buses, that are expected to greatly improve transportation within the military.

The vehicles were handed over at the beginning of August. Another 88 vehicles will be received at the end of next month, according to Tanzania’s The Citizen. The delivery earlier this month was accompanied by 16 containers of spare parts.

Tanzania is acquiring the 679 vehicles as part of a $36.5 million (Sh58 billion) loan agreement with India. They were purchased under a January 26, 2012, contract financed through Exim Bank, according to defence minister Shamsi Vuai Nahodha.........

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31614:tanzanian-military-receives-indian-vehicles&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi Mon Aug 26 2013, 17:46

http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/Army++Deserter+not+in+Rwanda/-/1840392/1967152/-/65t562z/-/index.html

If this deserter, Lieutenant Colonel Celestine Seromba is in Rwanda then Tz have a reason to worry esp if its true that,
Lt. Col. Seromba was TPDF’s head of IT department which handles all crucial classified documents of the army
happy hunting TPDF!
Uzi
Uzi

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty TZ in Congo

Post  dussa Sat Sep 21 2013, 06:40

Tz in Congo
Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 T3p210-jeshi-la-wananchi-wa-tanzania-jwtz#9740

dussa

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty Air Force Developments

Post  tempest Mon Oct 07 2013, 00:45

9 x Grey F-7s at Dar on 03 July 13

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 9_F_7s_at_Dar

New shelters and buildings at Mwanza. This for me suggests the rumours for the fighters at Mwanza being upgraded are true. Before and after.

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 No_shelters_at_Mwanza

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Shelters_at_Mwanza
tempest
tempest

http://www.zimbabwedefence.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Mon Oct 07 2013, 07:23

tempest wrote:9 x Grey F-7s at Dar on 03 July 13

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 9_F_7s_at_Dar

New shelters and buildings at Mwanza. This for me suggests the rumours for the fighters at Mwanza being upgraded are true. Before and after.

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 No_shelters_at_Mwanza

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Shelters_at_Mwanza
the upgrade was a china package plan encompassing   3 inital new  J/F-7, 6 x K-8 and a Com center the older birds are still under the sun  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2010-09-14_13-00-35_Tanzania_-_Ihale.jpg

Last edited by Risasi on Tue Nov 19 2013, 15:39; edited 1 time in total
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji Tue Oct 08 2013, 14:22

http://www.mpekuzihuru.com/2013/10/vijana-11-wakamatwa-wakipewa-mafunzo-ya.html

If the above is the case, then Al shabaab have decided to destabilize the whole region.Mtwara region is the one where huge gas deposits have been discovered.Locals rioted some time back after the Tz govt. unveiled plans to build a gas pipeline to Dar where the gas would be utilized in electricity generation among others.They wanted the industries to be built in Mtwara.Therefore the brigands would be taking advantaged of a people with grievances.Zanzibar is the other very volatile area which these brigands may also be exploiting.
mchoraji
mchoraji

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty NATIONAL DEFENCE COLLEGE

Post  dussa Wed Oct 09 2013, 06:54

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Ndc8916852697+-+Copy

dussa

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty Tanzania swaps old J-7 fighters for new ones - J-7G

Post  dussa Sun Nov 17 2013, 10:14

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Tanzania-swaps-old-j-7-fighters-for-new-ones-j-7g

The Tanzanian People's Defence Force (TPDF) Air Wing has quietly replaced its 12 old CAC J-7 fighters with 14 new J-7s, a usually reliable source has told IHS Jane's .

The TPDF now has 12 single-seat J-7G (Tanzanian designation F-7TN) and two dual-seat J-7N (designated FT-7TN) aircraft. They were apparently ordered in 2009, with the deliveries completed in 2011. The fighters are now fully operational at to Dar es Salaam and Mwanza air bases.

The Tanzanian fighters differ from the J-7s supplied to Namibia and Nigeria in 2009 and 2010 respectively in having a new Chinese fire-control system that uses the KLJ-6E Falcon radar, whereas the Namibian and Nigerian aircraft have a Selex Galileo Grifo 7 radar.   ---  via janes.com

Source: http://www.wavuti.com/4/post/2013/11/tanzania-swaps-old-j-7-fighters-for-new-ones-j-7g.html#ixzz2ksuZO4EF
 Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 3098998_orig

dussa

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi Sun Nov 17 2013, 19:54

dussa wrote:Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Tanzania-swaps-old-j-7-fighters-for-new-ones-j-7g

The Tanzanian People's Defence Force (TPDF) Air Wing has quietly replaced its 12 old CAC J-7 fighters with 14 new J-7s, a usually reliable source has told IHS Jane's .

The TPDF now has 12 single-seat J-7G (Tanzanian designation F-7TN) and two dual-seat J-7N (designated FT-7TN) aircraft. They were apparently ordered in 2009, with the deliveries completed in 2011. The fighters are now fully operational at to Dar es Salaam and Mwanza air bases.

The Tanzanian fighters differ from the J-7s supplied to Namibia and Nigeria in 2009 and 2010 respectively in having a new Chinese fire-control system that uses the KLJ-6E Falcon radar, whereas the Namibian and Nigerian aircraft have a Selex Galileo Grifo 7 radar.   ---  via janes.com

Source: http://www.wavuti.com/4/post/2013/11/tanzania-swaps-old-j-7-fighters-for-new-ones-j-7g.html#ixzz2ksuZO4EF
TZ has decided to go passive and not engage in the on going EAC arms race....I hope its a wise decision otherwise it would have been money better spent else where in fewer but formidable aircrafts.
Balozi
Balozi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 18 2013, 20:17

dussa wrote:Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Tanzania-swaps-old-j-7-fighters-for-new-ones-j-7g

They were probably looking at the jets life cycle costs and that the jets will not see combat. But considering TZs landmass versus the range of the J7, performance/range of its radar(the new radar is still a dopler) and  they are no match for the SU30s or F5s

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty THE CASE OF JWTZ AF F-7/J-7.

Post  Risasi Tue Nov 19 2013, 15:08

to add on want has  be shared above,  without prejudice, this is how the strategy went through.   

JWTZ like many regional armed forces got bogged in the initial stages of  the " IGAD"  bloc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IGAD.PNG arms race. jwtz opted for a new fighter precisely the Mig-29.
Jwtz key points :
1. the MiG29 share identical functional cockpit as the MiG21.  jwtz J-7 Chinese copy of the MiG21 , the Mig29 would render a smooth conversion with the shortest time frame .
2.just like most AF that had the west F-5 migrated/upgrade to F-16s, most AF with east MiG21 migrated Mig29 . they is a lot of literature behind that that I don,t want to get into.

days turned into months and at that period, formidable partnership with its southern neighbours and steady becoming north neighbours jwtz realised that no visible threats exist on its horizon,  that would warrant a  revamp and a sudden patch up of her air force.

concurrently JWTZ J-7 squadrons were aging up ,time between failures and reliability  was on the down trend.    to fill that gap with out major upgrading of its AF i.e runway hangars ,service bay etc.  JWTZ opted for 3 stop gap measures listed in priority.

1. revamp and upgrade the remainder J-7
2. procure additional second hand J-7 or Mig21 or Mig-21 upgrades
3. New J-7 upgrade direct from the production line (suggested/ advised by china) and cannibalise the old fighters for hardware spares.

JWTZ settled for the third option, giving her 30 yrs on low maintenance , allowing new fighters in the market to mature and within this period  systematically procure a  new fighters(+7-10yrs down the lane)  with all the required supporting infrastructures at its GDP pace.

the new J-7 major features and advantages that I feel attracted JWTZ was its new china radar designated KLJ-6 Falcon series E  which is a license-built version of the Isreali radar  Elta EL/M-2001B for the Kfir fighter a Mirage 5 derivate. the KLJ-6 Falcon  series F rumoured to be in the  new JWTZ crafts has BVR capabilities of +60km.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 19 2013, 23:08

Risasi wrote:to add on want has  be shared above,  without prejudice, this is how the strategy went through.   

JWTZ like many regional armed forces got bogged in the initial stages of  the " IGAD"  bloc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IGAD.PNG arms race. jwtz opted for a new fighter precisely the Mig-29.
Jwtz key points :
1. the MiG29 share identical functional cockpit as the MiG21.  jwtz J-7 Chinese copy of the MiG21 , the Mig29 would render a smooth conversion with the shortest time frame .
2.just like most AF that had the west F-5 migrated/upgrade to F-16s, most AF with east MiG21 migrated Mig29 . they is a lot of literature behind that that I don,t want to get into.

days turned into months and at that period, formidable partnership with its southern neighbours and steady becoming north neighbours jwtz realised that no visible threats exist on its horizon,  that would warrant a  revamp and a sudden patch up of her air force.

concurrently JWTZ J-7 squadrons were aging up ,time between failures and reliability  was on the down trend.    to fill that gap with out major upgrading of its AF i.e runway hangars ,service bay etc.  JWTZ opted for 3 stop gap measures listed in priority.

3. New J-7 upgrade direct from the production line (suggested/ advised by china) and cannibalise the old fighters for hardware spares.

JWTZ settled for the third option, giving her 30 yrs on low maintenance , allowing new fighters in the market to mature and within this period  systematically procure a  new fighters(+7-10yrs down the lane)  with all the required supporting infrastructures at its GDP pace.

the new J-7 major features and advantages that I feel attracted JWTZ was its new china radar designated KLJ-6 Falcon series E  which is a license-built version of the Isreali radar  Elta EL/M-2001B for the Kfir fighter a Mirage 5 derivate. the KLJ-6 Falcon  series F rumoured to be in the  new JWTZ crafts has BVR capabilities of +60km.
they might have a problem in the future, within the 7 to 10 years before they buy a new fighter is a lack of spare parts because the J7 production line is about to be closed(might be closed already). Cannibalized or second hand parts might lead to accidents.
I thought the KLJ-6 radar had a range of 30 to 40km?

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi Wed Nov 20 2013, 08:30

deconstructor wrote:
Risasi wrote:to add on want has  be shared above,  without prejudice, this is how the strategy went through.   

Jwtz key points :

they might have a problem in the future, within the 7 to 10 years before they buy a new fighter is a lack of spare parts because the J7 production line is about to be closed(might be closed already). Cannibalized or second hand parts might lead to accidents.
 I think, am not sure they are or is an east bloc country manufactuing MiG21 parts. the total number of MiG21 and Chinese derivatives  are +1000 . some one out there India or a bric nation will tap that spare part market or at least offer reconditioning services. I also think china might cut off production line but continue in spare manufacturing.

this days you don't have to have brains or go to a sophisticated military academy to formulate a running AF, army or navy. there Ex-military experts out there who have been in that business for their mother country +30yrs , i.e EX-Russian Generals, Chinese(in the case of the Tz) or even Americans , British (NATO for that matter), who can  build you a running airforce module (departments , ranks etc)for a fee in reference to your countries GDP and assumed threat. to them that's nothing 12 aircrafts is hardly a squadron vs 20 western or 6 eastern  from a neighbour. that's a small time military exercise and a of cup of tea. he also knows the right tom dick and harry that have been dealing with those subjects finically, mechanical and training. sawa ?

the contract could also include a 5 yrs follow up and advices plan. its very legal ,their selling ideas and experience. all this can happen in a fraction of a month if your willing to drop your pride and get advice from people that have done the job for the last +30 yres

the BVR radar is the KLJ-6F that I am sure of google it up. KLJ-6E is a normal pulse Doppler radar.
Risasi
Risasi

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane Thu Nov 21 2013, 07:35

Risasi wrote:
deconstructor wrote:

Jwtz key points :

I think, am not sure they are or is an east bloc country manufactuing MiG21 parts. the total number of MiG21 and Chinese derivatives  are +1000 . some one out there India or a bric nation will tap that spare part market or at least offer reconditioning services. I also think china might cut off production line but continue in spare manufacturing.

this days you don't have to have brains or go to a sophisticated military academy to formulate a running AF, army or navy. there Ex-military experts out there who have been in that business for their mother country +30yrs , i.e EX-Russian Generals, Chinese(in the case of the Tz) or even Americans , British (NATO for that matter), who can  build you a running airforce module (departments , ranks etc)for a fee in reference to your countries GDP and assumed threat. to them that's nothing 12 aircrafts is hardly a squadron vs 20 western or 6 eastern  from a neighbour. that's a small time military exercise and a of cup of tea. he also knows the right tom dick and harry that have been dealing with those subjects finically, mechanical and training. sawa ?

the contract could also include a 5 yrs follow up and advices plan. its very legal ,their selling ideas and experience. all this can happen in a fraction of a month if your willing to drop your pride and get advice from people that have done the job for the last +30 yres

the BVR radar is the KLJ-6F that I am sure of google it up. KLJ-6E is a normal pulse Doppler radar.
you sound frustrated  bullet_i ??? Razz Mad
Flying Crane
Flying Crane

Back to top Go down

Post  muscle tuff Thu Dec 19 2013, 12:39

Guest wrote:
mzalendo wrote:i am trying to post some pictures but its not going   Sad
:cheers:wacha bana! Ati it is not going? Hehehe! Kuku kapanda biskeli, paka ka-va rizoni! Bana wee!he...he waaa

muscle tuff

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty jeshi la wananchi la tz

Post  muscle tuff Thu Dec 19 2013, 12:42

muscle tuff wrote:keep on m following closely

muscle tuff

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty training

Post  Guest Tue Feb 04 2014, 03:51

Came across this video on the site below and just wanted to share it
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?121693-REQ-African-militaries/page92

Back to top Go down

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 Empty Tanzania acquires new amphibious tanks, rockets and other weapons from China

Post  Olekoima Tue May 20 2014, 15:48

The Tanzania People's Defence Force (TPDF) has taken delivery of a range of new hardware from China, including Type 63A amphibious tanks, A100 multiple rocket launchers and Type 07PA self-propelled mortars.

According to IHS Janes Defence Weekly, the new equipment, which was quietly acquired from China over the past few years, was unveiled at the 50th Tanzanian independence anniversary celebrations which were held at the Uhuru Stadium in Dar es Salaam on April 25.......

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34695:tanzania-acquires-new-amphibious-tanks-rockets-and-other-weapons-from-china&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue May 20 2014, 15:51

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 88

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 910
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue May 20 2014, 15:52

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 108

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 1113
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue May 20 2014, 15:53

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 136

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 145
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue May 20 2014, 15:53

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 153

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 162
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima Tue May 20 2014, 15:54

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 172

Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania (JWTZ) - Page 8 182
Olekoima
Olekoima

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next